Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#444295 - 12/11/17 11:45 AM [User Showcase] Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Hi everyone,

We are excited to announce the release of a new project: The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)

Songwriter Floyd Jane shows the songwriting process from inspiration to performance and publication.

The idea for this project came about when many members on this forum and elsewhere were asking questions about the song writing process. There are many aspects, and many parts of it necessary to create a song, get it arranged, performed, and then published on the internet. So we asked the great songwriter Floyd Jane, who is a regular member on this forum, if he could help. Floyd agreed and was even able to collaborate with other forum members, Janice and Bud. The result is this video we put together that you can see on YouTube or Facebook, called "The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)".

We hope this video helps other songwriters with their songwriting process, and also shows them tools that are available to them along the way. Also, we mention this User Showcase Forum, and hope to see many new aspiring or accomplished songwriters join this community blush

A big Thank You to Floyd for sharing your knowledge with the community and making this possible. And to Janice and Bud for your great collaboration!

Here is Floyd's original forum post for his song "A Little Bit Of Me": http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=433190

Check out Floyd / Janice & Bud’s music here:
http://floydjane.com/
https://www.janiceandbud.com/

*Note that a longer, more in-depth version of this video will be coming in the new year!

#444297 - 12/11/17 11:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Awesome,

thanks for sharing this

so cool to see Janice adding harmony

Kenny

#444305 - 12/11/17 12:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Man, how cool was that?!

Great seeing Floyd in action, and seeing Janice adding the harmony parts.

Nicely done!

#444342 - 12/11/17 01:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Oh, oh, if a cameo in this would just allow some of that fj songwriting skill to rub off on us!

Janice was practicing her part in the kitchen after we had come in from working on our bike trail. I saw her dancing away so I shot a short clip while drinking a cup of joe. And I’ve never done that before. Not the coffee drinking smile the video of her working up a part. She said “let’s record it” so just for grins I shot another clip while she was running through it in our music room.

At that point we had no idea it would end up in a PG Music video! I mentioned to fj that we’d shot a couple of clips and he asked that we send them because he was working on a project with PG Music. So off they went -- featuring Janice's trail work clothes and all!

Thank you fj and Pg Music for letting us play a small part in this. We sincerely hope it introduces new folks to both a wonderful product and community (and, of course allows them to appreciate fj's singer/songwriter skills). We, and I'm sure many others, look forward to the full version.

J&B
J&B Website

#444348 - 12/11/17 02:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Absolutely wonderful, Floyd!

Thanks.

Donny

#444357 - 12/11/17 02:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
What a great idea! This is executed with great skill and a fabulous testimonial to BIAB not to mention the intimate look into the creative process of three of the most talented people on the forum. I know all the forum members as well as the curious newcomers will love this. I’m going back and watch it again right now. So cool!!! Tom

Edited by tommyad (12/12/17 10:54 AM)

#444390 - 12/11/17 04:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Wow, very cool. The man, the myth, the legend, the woman behind the greatness. The Bud behind the camera. It's all there.

smile
http://www.musicdealers.com/artist/davidsnyder
http://www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
https://soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.davidsnydermusic.com

#444394 - 12/11/17 04:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

Floyd, fantastico!
With a final "o".
That's Italian, but the meaning is pretty obvious smile
Loved the video, and the song of course. And great harmony by Janice. What a pleasure! Thank you guys!!!
Grazie!

#444397 - 12/11/17 04:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Jon Thomas]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
FJ, I linked a few Nashville friends, hope that's okay.

What a fabulous testimonial to you and BIAB.

Thank you.

Donny

#444399 - 12/11/17 04:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Hopefully, there will be a lot more to come. We recorded the entire process of writing the song and each step of track selection and mixing - basically a full documentary... about an hour's worth of video. We'll see... it was fun - and surprisingly harder than one might think...

#444453 - 12/11/17 07:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

What a fun watch! Great promotion! Love the I'm going to go mow the yard now..LOL!

Laugh often and love much.

#444457 - 12/11/17 08:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
JoanneCooper Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hey guys. How cool is that! Nice promotion too.

#444461 - 12/11/17 08:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
dcuny Offline
Expert

I really enjoyed watching that! I'm looking forward to the other videos as well.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#444462 - 12/11/17 08:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Wow. Awesome video. Really enjoyed watching. Caught it on Facebook, had to share.

I hope PGMusic does more of this.

#444633 - 12/12/17 11:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

How cool was that?

I'd have never picked your face out of a line up based on how you sound. Seeing someone after hearing them is always ...... ummmmm.... different than one expects because we always formulate a vision of what we think someone looks like and it rarely ever close to reality.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Features a Cleaned-up BB Folder

If you've used previous versions of Band-in-a-Box®, you may have noticed a lot of different files and folders within the "BB" folder for the program - after years and years of development there are up to 10,000 files for an UltraPAK! With Version 2018, we've cleaned it up - but you're not losing anything - the cleanup normally happens automatically during installation, but you can run it manually if you'd like - just select the main menu Help | Utilities | Run Cleanup routine...

Review all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Introducing... RealTracks Artist Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson

One of our just-released RealTracks Sets features the award winning harmonica player Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson!
RealTracks Set 283: Jelly-Roll Country Harmonica

Add his harmonica playing to your Band-in-a-Box song for that soulful feel that cannot be matched!

Learn more about "Jelly Roll" Johnson and listen to demos of his RealTracks when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio page.

Beginners Forum - Exporting from Band-in-a-Box® to a .MID File

Our Forum is amazing - an online community full of helpful program users, BETA testers, endorsers, and staff!

We include a Beginners Forum, which is a great place for Band-in-a-Box beginners to visit for discussions & resources!

This week included a very active post, Exporting from Band-in-a-Box to a .MID file. Visit this post to learn more about exporting RealTracks as .MID files, and see our friendly forum users at work!

Introducing... RealTracks Artist Colin Linden!

Have you heard the newest Guitar RealTracks from Colin Linden? You can find his RealTracks with:
RealTracks Set 279: Americana: Slow Groovin' 12-8 & 16ths
RealTracks Set 280: Americana: Gritty Blues & Rockabilly Swing
RealTracks Set 287: Pop Songwriter: Acoustic Guitar
RealTracks Set 299: Rootsy Blues Guitar & Piano

Learn more about Colin and listen to demos of his RealTracks when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK with 40 Unreleased RealTracks!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK is still available, and includes 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band, 32 MIDI SuperTracks, 108 Instrumental Studies, Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated Styles, and 52 Loops!

Add this to your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase for just $49! Purchasing an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition? As of January 16th, the 49-PAK is included in your purchase (uncompressed RealTracks files for the Audiophile too)!

Learn more about the 49-PAK and listen to demos at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 For Windows Build 509 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows customers can download this free patch update at http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#509

Summary of changes:
Added: The drop station has MP3 and WMAL (lossless WMA) quadrants added.
Fixed: "Drag Audio as MP3" setting in the Plugin settings did not work when dragging a file to Windows Explorer.
Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box Server was unable to communicate with BB2018.
Fixed: Choosing a drum kit file in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog would fail with error "Unable to install patch/drum map for...".
Fixed: Disabling "Include 2 bar lead-in" setting in the Render Song to Audio File dialog would cause videos to be out of sync.
Fixed: It was not possible to type the # sharp character into the chord sheet if using a French keyboard.
Fixed: Some Amplitube TGS files and styles were missing in certain installations.
Fixed: Song would stop playing at bar 8 after rendering to an audio file.
Fixed: The Practice Window songs would not load with error "This directory does not exist...".
Fixed: The Tip of the Day dialog was not displaying any tips.
Fixed: The Tuner, MIDI Monitor, and Drum Kit window were always displaying in English instead of the user's language.

Today is the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Special!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows special ends at 11:59 PST TONIGHT!
It's your last chance to order with some amazing upgrade pricing, Bonus PAKs, discounted Xtra Styles PAKs, and Video RealTracks bundles!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows purchase options: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Bonus PAKs information: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm

Video RealTracks offers: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Xtra Styles PAKs special pricing: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Forum Stats
26966 Members
49 Forums
49706 Topics
406902 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
ArneFau, Kare Synnes, DrPersson, kenastill, Maulanarajatkhan

26965 Registered Users