Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#444295 - 12/11/17 11:45 AM [User Showcase] Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Hi everyone,

We are excited to announce the release of a new project: The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)

Songwriter Floyd Jane shows the songwriting process from inspiration to performance and publication.

The idea for this project came about when many members on this forum and elsewhere were asking questions about the song writing process. There are many aspects, and many parts of it necessary to create a song, get it arranged, performed, and then published on the internet. So we asked the great songwriter Floyd Jane, who is a regular member on this forum, if he could help. Floyd agreed and was even able to collaborate with other forum members, Janice and Bud. The result is this video we put together that you can see on YouTube or Facebook, called "The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)".

We hope this video helps other songwriters with their songwriting process, and also shows them tools that are available to them along the way. Also, we mention this User Showcase Forum, and hope to see many new aspiring or accomplished songwriters join this community blush

A big Thank You to Floyd for sharing your knowledge with the community and making this possible. And to Janice and Bud for your great collaboration!

Here is Floyd's original forum post for his song "A Little Bit Of Me": http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=433190

Check out Floyd / Janice & Bud’s music here:
http://floydjane.com/
https://www.janiceandbud.com/

*Note that a longer, more in-depth version of this video will be coming in the new year!

#444297 - 12/11/17 11:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Awesome,

thanks for sharing this

so cool to see Janice adding harmony

Kenny

#444305 - 12/11/17 12:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Man, how cool was that?!

Great seeing Floyd in action, and seeing Janice adding the harmony parts.

Nicely done!

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Youtube page

#444342 - 12/11/17 01:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Oh, oh, if a cameo in this would just allow some of that fj songwriting skill to rub off on us!

Janice was practicing her part in the kitchen after we had come in from working on our bike trail. I saw her dancing away so I shot a short clip while drinking a cup of joe. And I’ve never done that before. Not the coffee drinking smile the video of her working up a part. She said “let’s record it” so just for grins I shot another clip while she was running through it in our music room.

At that point we had no idea it would end up in a PG Music video! I mentioned to fj that we’d shot a couple of clips and he asked that we send them because he was working on a project with PG Music. So off they went -- featuring Janice's trail work clothes and all!

Thank you fj and Pg Music for letting us play a small part in this. We sincerely hope it introduces new folks to both a wonderful product and community (and, of course allows them to appreciate fj's singer/songwriter skills). We, and I'm sure many others, look forward to the full version.

J&B
J&B Website

#444348 - 12/11/17 02:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Absolutely wonderful, Floyd!

Thanks.

Donny

#444357 - 12/11/17 02:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
What a great idea! This is executed with great skill and a fabulous testimonial to BIAB not to mention the intimate look into the creative process of three of the most talented people on the forum. I know all the forum members as well as the curious newcomers will love this. I’m going back and watch it again right now. So cool!!! Tom

Edited by tommyad (12/12/17 10:54 AM)

#444390 - 12/11/17 04:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Wow, very cool. The man, the myth, the legend, the woman behind the greatness. The Bud behind the camera. It's all there.

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#444394 - 12/11/17 04:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

Floyd, fantastico!
With a final "o".
That's Italian, but the meaning is pretty obvious smile
Loved the video, and the song of course. And great harmony by Janice. What a pleasure! Thank you guys!!!
Grazie!

#444397 - 12/11/17 04:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Jon Thomas]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
FJ, I linked a few Nashville friends, hope that's okay.

What a fabulous testimonial to you and BIAB.

Thank you.

Donny

#444399 - 12/11/17 04:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Hopefully, there will be a lot more to come. We recorded the entire process of writing the song and each step of track selection and mixing - basically a full documentary... about an hour's worth of video. We'll see... it was fun - and surprisingly harder than one might think...

#444453 - 12/11/17 07:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

What a fun watch! Great promotion! Love the I'm going to go mow the yard now..LOL!
My Videos

#444457 - 12/11/17 08:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hey guys. How cool is that! Nice promotion too.

#444461 - 12/11/17 08:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
I really enjoyed watching that! I'm looking forward to the other videos as well.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#444462 - 12/11/17 08:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Wow. Awesome video. Really enjoyed watching. Caught it on Facebook, had to share.

I hope PGMusic does more of this.

#444633 - 12/12/17 11:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

How cool was that?

I'd have never picked your face out of a line up based on how you sound. Seeing someone after hearing them is always ...... ummmmm.... different than one expects because we always formulate a vision of what we think someone looks like and it rarely ever close to reality.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#444650 - 12/12/17 12:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Hi Floyd, now I understand why your songs are so nice!! crazy
Great video, a really interesting idea.

Sergio

Sergio

#444654 - 12/12/17 12:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
DaveBrooksMusic Offline
Journeyman

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Dear Mr. Jane;

Thank you for your music that never fails to enlighten my day and put a smile on my face. A good solid romp as always!!!

All the Best,

Dave

HP Pavilion p6-2330; 1T; GB: 22; AMD Processor; Focusrite Scarlett Solo; Line mixer: Seismic Landsland-12p; DAW's: BIAB, Pro Tools 12.8.2 HD; Wave Pad Sound Editor.

#444688 - 12/12/17 02:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: BlueAttitude]
olemon Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Man, how cool was that?!

Great seeing Floyd in action, and seeing Janice adding the harmony parts.

Nicely done!

It was way-cool!
https://soundcloud.com/scott-h-olson

#444784 - 12/13/17 02:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
LPman Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Montréal Quebec Canada
Great idea, the video was well put together... Felt nice to see these people do what they love.thanks for sharing

#444948 - 12/13/17 04:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane) [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Really enjoyed that and will look forward to the full documentary.
I miss my mower now for that songwriting side benefit!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Review - Software for Learning Saxophone

McGill Music Sax School posted a video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows last year, stating "I love using software to help learn saxophone. One of my favourite programs is Band-in-a-Box. It's a really powerful tool for quickly making backing tracks I can use for lessons, or my own practice."

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=2AgfV7emdLQ

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Forum Stats
28088 Members
57 Forums
54477 Topics
450517 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
tjohnson1800, RickyWonder, M.Raz, omicloud, Iam Nemo

28087 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 197
Matt Finley 143