Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#445212 - 12/15/17 12:30 AM [User Showcase] Forever Missing You
gruverider Offline
Expert

https://soundcloud.com/lawrence-olivier/forever-missing-you

What a perfect Christmas gift! BiAB 2018! Thank you to Pgmusic and Brent the guitar player. I was checking out the new realtracks of the 2018 release and found this acoustic fingerpicking guitar - 2914, and knew immediately it was the perfect guitar for a song I wrote in 2011 - like I had been waiting for this guitar or something.

The song started from a line from a movie I've long forgotten, "we brake the world in two". I paused the movie and wrote this song around that line.

Janice and Bud did a wonderful cover of this song on 4/28/2015:
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=294449&page=1

Style is _LONEBOY.STY (Lone Boy Acoustic Guitar Ballad)
RealTracks in style: ~2483:Bass, Acoustic, Bowed HeldSimple Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 2914:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Folky16thsBrent Ev16 085
RealTracks in song: 1856:Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085

Forever Missing You (L Olivier 5-20-2011)

I've got a headache pounding like problems unresolved
my eyes is blurry my mouth is dry as salt
and scenes from last night are starting to come through
I'm already missing you

I drank to happiness then I drank to excess
I swear I'm sorry love for getting us in this mess
Foolishness and selfishness got no place in love's brew
I'm already missing you

Seems like yesterday when you took me by the hand
said you was my woman, if I's smart I'd be your man
I guess fate's gonna have it's way no matter what we do
I'm already missing you

We brake our promises we brake each others hearts
and then we act like we don't care
we brake the world yes we're tearing it in two
and I broke me right after I broke you

So there's my story, and if I don't know where to start
It started in glory and ended up in broken hearts
I feel like crying but who would I cry to
so I'll just sit here missing you
I'll be forever missing you

#445240 - 12/15/17 04:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Forever Missing You [Re: gruverider]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
The acoustic choice is the perfect real track for this. It's a great write with a superb melody and an outstanding vocal. I admire your artistry. Your mixes are catching up to your performances. Always an enjoyable listen. I am a huge fan. Tom

#445256 - 12/15/17 06:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Forever Missing You [Re: gruverider]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - you did a fantastic job on this! It sounds very emotional and sincere. It's all around just a well written, and very pretty tune. The additional cello really took it over the edge. And as Tommy said as well - your vocals on this are outstanding.

You should be proud of this one - thanks so much for sharing smile

#445337 - 12/15/17 12:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Forever Missing You [Re: gruverider]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
A terrific write, Lawrence.

Beautiful performance. Your vocals are always amazing. Nice mix.

(glad to see the acoustic guitars being expanded...)

Nice! Great listen.

fj

#445367 - 12/15/17 02:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Forever Missing You [Re: gruverider]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Beauty Lawrence. What an excellent vocal and lyric. Love this acoustics. Well done

#445375 - 12/15/17 03:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Forever Missing You [Re: gruverider]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi Lawrence.

What a fabulous RT that acoustic guitar is!

Loved the song. Perfect backing track, lovely arrangement and superb vocal delivery.

Excellent all round.

Cheers, ROG.

#445386 - 12/15/17 04:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Forever Missing You [Re: gruverider]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Lawrence

A beautiful track - lovely vocal and melody - sounds superb.

Peter

#445851 - 12/18/17 11:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Forever Missing You [Re: gruverider]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Absolutely beautiful!!! Amazing write and everything (vocal, mix, arrangement) was done to perfection. AWESOME!!! Take care. Greg

#445896 - 12/18/17 02:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Forever Missing You [Re: Greg Johnson]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: tommyad
The acoustic choice is the perfect real track for this. It's a great write with a superb melody and an outstanding vocal. I admire your artistry. Your mixes are catching up to your performances. Always an enjoyable listen. I am a huge fan. Tom
Thank you Tom. Yes I have been working very hard for at least the last two years to improve my mixes. And I now feel like I'm at a place where I can ease my foot off of the gas pedal a bit and that the worst of the learning curve is behind me.

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - you did a fantastic job on this! It sounds very emotional and sincere. It's all around just a well written, and very pretty tune. The additional cello really took it over the edge. And as Tommy said as well - your vocals on this are outstanding.

You should be proud of this one - thanks so much for sharing smile
Thank you very much Deryk.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A terrific write, Lawrence.

Beautiful performance. Your vocals are always amazing. Nice mix.

(glad to see the acoustic guitars being expanded...)

Nice! Great listen.

fj
Thank you Floyd. I really like some of the new acoustic guitars! Being a songwriter that almost always starts on guitar it's very nice to get some new grooves. I've already begun to rework an old BIAB song with new 2018 BIAB instruments. So satisfying when you find the right guitar!

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Beauty Lawrence. What an excellent vocal and lyric. Love this acoustics. Well done
Scott, thank you very much.

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Lawrence.

What a fabulous RT that acoustic guitar is!

Loved the song. Perfect backing track, lovely arrangement and superb vocal delivery.

Excellent all round.

Cheers, ROG.
Thank you ROG, yes I'm digging the new stuff.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Lawrence

A beautiful track - lovely vocal and melody - sounds superb.

Peter
Thank you so much Peter.

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Absolutely beautiful!!! Amazing write and everything (vocal, mix, arrangement) was done to perfection. AWESOME!!! Take care. Greg
Greg thank you again for the kind words.

#445904 - 12/18/17 03:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Forever Missing You [Re: gruverider]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
Lawrence, IMHO, this is probably the best thing that's been posted on here in a while! It's got everything going for it: Vocal, write, instrumentation choices and production. not to knock anybody else's work, but this is just a great piece of music offered up with, as I hear it, sincerity in the vocal! Two thumbs up! Thanks, Torrey

#445993 - 12/19/17 04:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Forever Missing You [Re: gruverider]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Good song, great vocal, nice job on the production and mix.

Doesn't get much better than this, well done!

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Latest song: Time Flies

#446020 - 12/19/17 07:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Forever Missing You [Re: gruverider]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
What to say? It's all there.

- a heartfelt wonderful vocal performance

- a write that was, is and will remain memorable

- a choice of RT's that is stunningly beautiful in it's sparseness -- not an easy task at all to do.

- a mix that showcases all the goodness.

Congrats on an outstanding production!

J&B
J&B Website

#446328 - 12/20/17 09:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Forever Missing You [Re: gruverider]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Hey, back for another listen. Forgot to thank you for linking to Janice's version. And, as we listened again she said it still makes her want to cry.

This is tremendous Lawrence. The clarity of the mix is pro studio all the way.

Bud
J&B Website

#446400 - 12/20/17 03:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Forever Missing You [Re: gruverider]
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Love this song, in the style of Kris Kristofferson I'd say.

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#446421 - 12/20/17 06:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: Forever Missing You [Re: gruverider]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Awesome

beautiful write, beautiful song

great vocals

nice mix

enjoyed!

Kenny

#446468 - 12/20/17 11:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Forever Missing You [Re: gruverider]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Hi lawrence,

What a great song - and you totally nailed it. That vocal is fantastic. And, has been mentioned, what a terrific mix! Everything is perfect. Thanks for a wonderful listen. Merry Christmas.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#446477 - 12/21/17 02:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Forever Missing You [Re: gruverider]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

One of the best songs I've listened to in quite a while.
And perfect choice of RTs.
And the vocals. Vocals are simply ... superb.
Top notch, Lawrence. If there was a competition for the best BIAB song of the year, you would get my vote.

Edited by Jon Thomas (12/21/17 02:47 AM)

#446806 - 12/22/17 10:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Forever Missing You [Re: gruverider]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Lawrence

It is a very beautiful song with much folk song feel.
Your singing is perfect for this song.
A simple arrangement gives an entirely good impression.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#446923 - 12/23/17 02:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Forever Missing You [Re: gruverider]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Beautiful Lawrence!
As always the vocals are very cool. And this Brent RT is as close as you can get to the real thing!
And Janice managed to turn this one into a real Country ballad. Made us think of "You can sleep while I drive by Melissa Etheridge covered by Trisha Yearwood.

Cool all!

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#447526 - 12/27/17 04:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Forever Missing You [Re: Torrey Bliss]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Lawrence, IMHO, this is probably the best thing that's been posted on here in a while! It's got everything going for it: Vocal, write, instrumentation choices and production. not to knock anybody else's work, but this is just a great piece of music offered up with, as I hear it, sincerity in the vocal! Two thumbs up! Thanks, Torrey
Thank you Torrey. That was very generous.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Tutorials - How to Install Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Here are some tutorial videos we've created to help you install your Band-in-a-Box® purchase.

Our Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, and PlusPAK are delivered as a download, on DVD, or on a 32GB USB flash drive.

Installing Band-in-a-Box® from DVD: click here to watch.

Installing Band-in-a-Box® from the 32GB flash drive: click here to watch.
Your flash drive shipment also includes a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

The Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK is available as a download or shipped on a portable hard drive. When you receive the hard drive version, there are a few different installation options:

Option #1 - Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to watch.

Option #2 - Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks and RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to watch.

Option #3 - Install Band-in-a-Box® AND RealTracks on your computer hard drive: click here to watch.

All of these videos are available on our YouTube Channel or Videos support page.

Video - Making A Song in Band-in-a-Box® 2018

Ever wonder how to create a song in Band-in-a-Box®? We start off with the basics in our latest video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

Windows users: click here | Mac users: click here

RealTracks Patch Update for Windows Users

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest RealTracks update patch (519) here.

This patch includes some RealTracks audio updates we have made since the release of Band-in-a-Box 2018. 2018 users should be sure to download the latest Band-in-a-Box 2018 update patch (519), as that patch includes the bulk of the fixes for RealTracks released with 2018. This is a larger download than typical because it updates the Vocal Oohs and Aahs RealTracks audio files. There is more information and Audiophile patches available here.

Summary of RealTracks Audio updates:
Improved: There were small issues with the tuning of several Bass styles. This has been fixed for both the original mix and the direct input mix. This affects the following RealTracks:
- Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow16thsByron Ev16 060
- Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow128Byron Sw 040
- Bass, Acoustic, RockabillySwingByron Sw 190
- Bass, Acoustic, BluesyPopByron Ev 100
Improved: Audio glitches have been removed from the ends of phrases in the Vocal Oohs and Aahs RealTracks.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Patch Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest (free) update patch (519) here.

Summary of changes:
Added: Additional dialog available for detailed information in the StyleMaker (fields for memo, examples, and other parameters). These are set in the StyleMaker (more dialog, a button called "Style Memos etc").
Added: Help Video button Added to the Audio Harmony dialog.
Improved: ABC opening improvements with some accidentals, and leadin bars that occur in middle of song.
Improved: Audio harmonies now used Improved algorithms, and can be easily set using N voices above, M voices below (and have additional functions like duplicate melody, and dup. melody octave below).
Improved: Lyrics will be now read from .mid files that used to be karaoke files (.kar) and got renamed somewhere along the line.
Improved: Support for RealTracks that should be transposed only lower (ie heavy metal guitars) and for future Improved metal guitar comping.
Improved: The Audio Harmony Dialog has been rearranged to be more intuitive when using Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Fixed: Audio harmonies might be missing some notes.
Fixed: Audio harmonies would be generated with the wrong notes if selecting a range of audio in the middle of the track.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash on bootup with error "Read Beyond end of file".
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box should show message if the latest VJT application is not installed when the user tries to render videos.
Fixed: File > Open Special > Open Audio was importing audio instead of opening it in a new song.
Fixed: In the Bar Settings window, "Chordsheet and Notation - Start a New Line" should say "Notation - Start a New Line".
Fixed: It was not possible to record audio using WAS audio drivers if "Output always on" was disabled.
Fixed: Misc. RealTracks updates.
Fixed: Quicklist drums picker sometimes showing too many drums in the list.
Fixed: Redundant flash messages were showing.
Fixed: Removing a custom drums from a track would still display Drums as the name of the loop in the track.
Fixed: Rendering audio while there is a region of bars highlighted in the chord sheet might cause a crash.
Fixed: Saving a MIDI file would fail unless saving as type 1.
Fixed: Some 12-key RealTracks were incorrectly set to allow transposition.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog needed some hints.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog was missing the new Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Fixed: The VJT application should print out its version number in log files.

Tutorials - How to Install Your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac Hard Drive

When you have your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac UltraPAK shipped to you on a portable hard drive, there are a few different options for installation. We go over these 3 options with our latest video series:

Option 1: Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to view.

Option 2: Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks & RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to view.

Option 3: Install Band-in-a-Box® and the RealTracks & RealDrums on your computer hard drive: click here to view.

Check out all our Band-in-a-Box for Mac videos here.

Video - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Have you purchased your Band-in-a-Box® package, and want to make sure you're downloading and installing the RealTracks Sets correctly?

Well, we've created just the tutorial video you're looking for! Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets.

Video link:
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=QndXu8H_IwM

Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Forum Stats
27632 Members
50 Forums
52267 Topics
432722 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
AStefanuk, War Eagle, reaper19, Waaree, Eridanus

27634 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 180