Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Anyone else seeing this? My MOTU Audio Express has been going nuts on me in the past days. Thought I had fixed it, but this morning no joy at all. Reinstalling the old drivers and thinks are looking differenct in the Sounds Control Panel. There are simply not enough hours in the day to troubleshoot computers mad

Anyone else?

EDIT
OK, 30 minutes of my time I will never get back. Full driver uninstall - reboot (don't forget to do that) than full driver reinstall. All is good now! Except now I need to go get a cup of coffee... crazy

Last edited by MusicStudent; 12/10/17 06:11 AM.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, lots of Windows patching during the past month. I'll be reinstalling my Focusrite drivers soon as I'm doing my once-every-2-years PC reimage. I like to clean the bloat-ware and wasted disk space by simply wiping my drives and starting over. Of course, pertinent files are backed up to my external USB drive. Yes, I'm a computer geek and I actually like to do this, don't judge.... smile

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Steve, have you gone to solid state drives yet? I did a job for a guy last month and out a SSD in as his boot drive and OMG! From power button to ready is like 5 seconds. I am behind the times on my reading and research because I retired and don't work in the IT field anymore, but back when I worked SSDs were limited to 50,000 write cycles. Apparently that has been improved upon.I might actually do it now. Like you, my storage is on other drives. I would do my music computer first and install only Windows and PG on the primary drive. As it is, all my songs are on a 10,000 rpm 2tb internal drive. And that is on a Dell with an i7 and 64gb of RAM. I just can't forget how fast that PC I loaded was up and running on power up. In the RV my PCs won't run 24/7 like they do at home. All of that will be running on the solar power and I can't waste the amps. Your drone footage makes me REALLY want to have one for sightseeing footage, but then I remember my RC car and how I couldn't control it. I am pretty sure my drone would end up in the Gulf of Mexico or at the bottom of the Grand Canyon somewhere.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Steve
I suspect I was once like you. grin

I have been the computer geek in the family since the early days of the PC. I too liked to do this putzin. If I bought something new and it worked out of the box, I was disappointed that I didn't have to spend hours tweaking and fixing. But that was then and this is now. All that time spent and nothing to show for it. It is just "time consuming". crazy

Having said that, I sit here on my new Dell XPS i7 which will soon be my new Music DAW replacing my similar model which is ~10 years old. For the past week I have been going back on forth with Dell with a video problem - installed new drivers and two new bios updates - no joy. Finally last night I got them to agree that they will send a replacement. I just didn't want to troubleshoot a brand new $1000 machine. But then this morning my geek side took over and I swapped out the HDMI cable and I think it is fixed! This HDMI cable worked fine on other devices but apparently didn't like the dell video card.

So this morning I fixed the video in my new dell and the audio in my old dell. So why do I feel like it was all a waste of my time? crazy

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Steve, have you gone to solid state drives yet?

Your drone footage makes me REALLY want to have one for sightseeing footage, but then I remember my RC car and how I couldn't control it. I am pretty sure my drone would end up in the Gulf of Mexico or at the bottom of the Grand Canyon somewhere.

Hey Eddie, check my signature.... Yup, SSD for my C:\ drive and OS. I use my D:\ HDD for data storage. I also have a smaller E:\ SSD for recording/mixing projects.

Nice on the drone comment. I rarely fly mine. For the most part I program the courses it flies. Less chance for idiot crashing on my part. smile

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
I suspect I was once like you. grin

All that time spent and nothing to show for it. It is just "time consuming". crazy

So this morning I fixed the video in my new dell and the audio in my old dell. So why do I feel like it was all a waste of my time? crazy

What you have to show for it is the knowledge, that you can do it! smile

And as far as time consuming, yup! I'm on vacation from the office for the remainder of the year so this is the perfect time waster. Hehe

I use this guy's Windows 10 tweaks when I start a new install. Been following him since Win 8.1:

TweakHound - Computer stuff...

Steve

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Suddenly, I'm experiencing distortion in audio. I haven't changed anything. Could this be a result of a Windows 10 update? How do I check?

Donny

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Donny,

The last two updates are related to the issue. Check here:

Windows Settings - (Windows key + "I")-->Update & Security-->Update History

2017-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4049011)
2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4048954)

Those updates were applied on my machines toward the end of November. You may want to see if the install date on those was about the same time as your issue started.

You might need to reinstall your audio drivers at that point.

Last edited by sslechta; 12/10/17 09:40 AM.

Steve

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Hey Donny,

The last two updates are related to the issue. Check here:

Windows Settings - (Windows key + "I")-->Update & Security-->Update History

2017-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4049011)
2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4048954)

Those updates were applied on my machines toward the end of November. You may want to see if the install date on those was about the same time as your issue started.

You might need to reinstall your audio drivers at that point.

Thanks, Steve.

I discovered that Adobe Flash Player was corrupted so I updated it. The distortion is gone but I find that I need much more volume to bring the music up to a comfortable level. I had been listening at 10-15% and now need 40-50%.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
There's usually more than one place on your PC to adjust volume. The Windows volume control and the audio interface volume control. One of those may have changed.

Steve

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Steve,

That is set at 50% Is there a deeper control that's eluding me?

Donny

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Windows volume control is the little speaker icon in the lower right near the clock. If you're listening to music in Media Monkey, for example, it also has a volume control.

Steve

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I was aware of that one. I'm at 50% now. Thanks, Steve.

Donny

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
All is good now! Except now I need to go get a cup of coffee...

Your mistake was not starting with the coffee. smile

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
That's self-help FAQ #1.

Good one, John.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I use external sound cards on my machines. What I have found is you need them plugged in when doing updates even more importantly when upgrading say from 1703 to 1709. Similarly with printers. I have found drivers can go belly up when devices aren't available when doing updates.

For what it is worth

Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
That’s a very good tip. Thanks, Tony.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well, it didn't break my Audio Drivers, but just this morning, I got a Windows 10 Creators update that took about an hour to apply. I noticed after it finished that I now have a Windows.old folder coming in at about 42GB (which I can remove once I double check everything works).

Something to watch out for if you are running low on disk space before applying an major update.

John

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
That's interesting John. I said almost the same thing in the Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic) forum a couple of weeks ago:

Possible scam - windows update notification

Nice to know M$ is consistent with their destruction of our systems. smile

The Disk Cleanup with Clean System Files checked did the trick on removing the Windows.Old directory as well. It looks like it had made backups of Program Files and Program Files (x86) in that folder causing a lot of that space usage.

I had no issues with my system since removing that folder.

Steve

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yep, I've removed Windows.old before (using Disk Cleanup); was just surprised at how big the folder was, though. Luckily my hard drive had sufficient space.

John

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,453
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195