Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#445682 12/17/17 08:40 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Q: i always worked with ASIO, latency as low as 64 samples & "best" quality, with my RME USB interface. With 506 all of a sudden there is a little distortion and only MME or WAS works OK .. What has changed? Windows Update is switched off in services, in fact i haven't changed anything me thinkx ... F

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
bumpetybump ....

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I’ve been reading similar complaints. The cause was a Windows update, and the fix is to reinstall your audio device drivers. Why this happened to you without a Windows update, I don’t know.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Just did, there was an (RME interface) update, but haven't checked it yet, will do later; WAS seems to be ok with BIAB. Thanks, F

Journeyman
Journeyman
Yeah I've been reading about folks having issues with W10 updates - I have had none for any of the W10 update packages...My desktop is running standard Windows 10 Pro - with ASIO drivers (three in fact for different devices that I hook up from time to time) default system drivers using onboard sound for games and internet audio.

I wonder why some folks do have issues? Maybe they tinker with things thinking it "should be done" cause Fred Blogs said it's totally necessary" - and perhaps they don't really have a clue about what they are doing wink I dunno...

I used to repair/reset PC's for a living and the number of times I heard "I never touched it. I woke up this morning and turned it on and that was all!!" Knowing full well the behaviour of the PC could ONLY have been casued by human intervention hahaha!

All I know is (and having been - necessarily - a tweaker with W7, W8 and most previous versions) W10 is such a joy to work with.

joden #446645 12/21/17 09:48 PM
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: joden
... I used to repair/reset PC's for a living and the number of times I heard "I never touched it. I woke up this morning and turned it on and that was all!!" Knowing full well the behaviour of the PC could ONLY have been casued by human intervention hahaha!

All I know is (and having been - necessarily - a tweaker with W7, W8 and most previous versions) W10 is such a joy to work with.

The only times i had problems with Windows 10 was after some "as necessary announced update" (Fred Blogs?) had secretly turned on windows update in services. Besides i have 3 bought Win 10 pro licenses (obtained via the updating schemes from Win 8.1 and 7) that worked for a while, and then all of a sudden the activation seems invalid. Checking things with microsuck (yeah, i know, and shut up) online and by calling them, gave me some Illiterate Indian guy who wanted TeamVieuw let loose on my PC; my foot.

BTW The same goes for Office 2016. Last year i bought a legit download (online) installer version, and after a while it just won't run claiming that there was some activation problem. Reinstalled Office 2010 with some updates; seems to work for now, but still i feel i was lured by some MS marketing scheme in spending money unnecessary.

IMO you cannot survive with Win10 on a PC without something like KMS activator, "takeownership", Tweaking.com's Windows repair, CCleaner, and tweaking tools like 00SU10 and Win10privacy, to keep windows 10 simple and healthy. Also some 3rd party Firewall is a must, besides SpybotSD and Malwarebytes, and a proper (bought) viruskiller. Setup properly Win10 it's quite a bit "better" than XP, 8.1, and even Win7. And, no creators for me yet ... F

Expert
Expert
The one thing that bothers me more than Win 10 updates is people that turn off Windows updates. I live in a retirement resort and spend considerable time helping folk. Those that do what their kids say and turn off updates or continue to use XP scare me. I often get people to think about the dangers of online banking or share trading with outdated software.

Having said that I have noticed that with BIAB 2018 I do sometimes get some stuttering on play back. This not only happened with ASIO but also with WAS. I thought maybe my system was running a backup which it will do with nothing happening but there was no evidence of that. However if a export the .wav files and pull them into Sonar all seems fine. BB seems to render fine.

I feel it is critical to keep system and antivirus up to date. The other issue I strike a lot is people thinking an update is frozen and they turn the PC off. I encourage folks here to leave their PC on Wednesday nights (Tuesday) for most of you folk.

Merry Christmas

Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Teunis #446682 12/22/17 04:05 AM
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Teunis
....I have noticed that with BIAB 2018 I do sometimes get some stuttering on play back. This not only happened with ASIO but also with WAS. I thought maybe my system was running a backup which it will do with nothing happening but there was no evidence of that. However if a export the .wav files and pull them into Sonar all seems fine. BB seems to render fine ...
Try installing the latest graphics drivers, barebone if available, and switch off all gamers acceleration stuff etc. Solved this for me. F

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Good advice on the graphics drivers.

For stuttering, download and run the free DPC Latency Checker. It says it isn’t for Windows 8 or 10 but it works, and the instructions are helpful.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
joden #446699 12/22/17 05:59 AM
Veteran
Veteran
I wonder why some folks do have issues? Maybe they tinker with things thinking it "should be done" cause Fred Blogs said it's totally necessary" - and perhaps they don't really have a clue about what they are doing wink I dunno...

My thoughts too and I'm posted this before. Obviously we're not there, we don't know the details but those who have these problems seem to be the tweakers who have an issue with Microsoft and like to do their own thing with their PC especially with the updates. I've been on this forum for about 10-12 years now, all of my systems have been bone stock with automatic updates. Years and years of that. Never had any of these problems including right now this morning. I've just moved and don't have my Steinberg interface plugged in yet, it's still packed in a box. Maybe I have to reinstall the drivers, we'll see.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal

My thoughts too and I'm posted this before. Obviously we're not there, we don't know the details but those who have these problems seem to be the tweakers who have an issue with Microsoft and like to do their own thing with their PC especially with the updates. I've been on this forum for about 10-12 years now, all of my systems have been bone stock with automatic updates. Years and years of that. Never had any of these problems including right now this morning. I've just moved and don't have my Steinberg interface plugged in yet, it's still packed in a box. Maybe I have to reinstall the drivers, we'll see.

Bob

Not necessarily Bob. I do no tweaks other than keeping my USB ports always on in my Internet computer. The latest update deleted all of my tiles in the start window and replaced them with MS stuff that I never use. It also turn on the USB power save option. The update prior to this messed up my video drivers and I had to reinstall them. I have read that I am not alone with these problems.

Note that this computer is custom made with quality off the shelf components, i.e. no proprietary stuff.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
MarioD #446760 12/22/17 11:16 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal

Bob

Not necessarily Bob. I do no tweaks other than keeping my USB ports always on in my Internet computer. The latest update deleted all of my tiles in the start window and replaced them with MS stuff that I never use. It also turn on the USB power save option. The update prior to this messed up my video drivers and I had to reinstall them. I have read that I am not alone with these problems.

Note that this computer is custom made with quality off the shelf components, i.e. no proprietary stuff.

I have to agree with MarioD on this one.

Bob your good experience with updates in no way diminishes the real woes of others.

As you’ve seen me post, I love to hack the CRAP out of my Win 10 Pro as I did all previous OS's (config files, registry hacks, Services manipulation, bit and byte changes to .exe's and dlls, decompiles/recompiles ... (on my desktop and laptop). a PC is like a burger from Burger King (I want it my way). I am a GEEK that goes back to Altair 8800 kit days (my first actual "computer")!

Even though I hack it to death so far all Win 10 updates on my laptops And desktop have been straight forward and "hitch" free, expect for all the things I have to re-do or undo that MS adds or subtracts, while a nuisance, I just chalk it up to the “cost of using Win 10” now.

HOWEVER, my poor older brother is not a geek or hacker – he’s barely PC literate. He has a simple COTS (commercial-off-the-shelf) Win 10 HOME PC. Only thing hooked to it is a USB mouse, keyboard, printer and small LED monitor. It's and i7, 1TB, 8GB COTS from 5 years ago. He does NO hacking, no DAW, no MUSIC, no Netflix, no streaming, no gaming, no exotic applications, no extra TSR software, or changing of anything - he wouldn’t know how or why.

The most complex thing he has installed is MS Office 2010 Pro (a legal paid for copy I gifted him) and some Kodak photo editing SW.

Everything else is as MS left it as of last update (1703) back in Oct'ish.

With 1709 (BTW, I hate Win 10 HOME because you have so little control - I only run Pro) for over two weeks I've been trying to help him (over phone and that’s like brain surgery blindfolded with a nurse trained in Swahili from Zimbabwe) and that is truly frustrating for me and him. He has almost ZERO knowledge beyond: turn on the PC, wait for boot, then point & click, fill in the info, or do what screen says - he probably should have bought Crapple. He's a PC novice but he's no dummy he was a Net Jets and ExceJets expediter and an A&E qualified aircraft mechanic.

This latest POS 1709 gets to ~80'ish % (yes, like you read about in many places on web) then it 1) HANGS the computer and reverts to previous install (1703), or 2) simply hangs the computer and does nothing for over a day then reverts, or 3) worse and it's done this twice - it wiped out (as best I can tell his MBR and corrupts UEFI- BIOS!) . In the latter case, he couldn't boot into Safe mode or ANY mode - there was no OS OR HD! (the update actually changed the UEFI, the UEFI - WTFO!). Windows repair disk and other repair disks I had him previously prepare couldn't fix it (had to manually reset UEFI over phone, since UEFI was all "Greek" to him, may as well been a preschooler looking at hex code converted down to octal, he had to send me UEFI screen shots over his phone!). Thank God you Acronis!

I've tried about 70% of the web suggestions (many from Win 10 forums and WIN 10 "help" at MS site) – e.g., turn off and uninstall all AV, firewalls, unplug everything, clean boot, SCF/ SCAN now, DSIM…., blah, blah, blah..... we're still working it - but we are taking a break until after Xmas - good because I'm worn out.

Bottom-line: yes most, maybe even virtually all, updates are "easy-peasy" but when they are not they can be a nightmare. And frankly these FEATURE updates (and that is what 90% of 1709 is) are NOT part of a better security system and are NOT NEEDED. MS should stay 100% focused on SECURITY fixes and safety net changes and mods to underlying OS - NOT on how to "finger paint on the screen better," "talk to Cortana to get latest Anime movies (or the really enlightening NBC/MSNBC propaganda that pops to top of headlines,) or how to get more games on Xbox through your PC.

Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 12/22/17 11:19 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
MarioD #446765 12/22/17 11:30 AM
Journeyman
Journeyman

This post tells me you are using Windows 8 - Tiles were dropped in W10 - for desktops in any case. And need to be manually acitvated by the user if required.

The only video drivers to get updated with a Windows OS update are those from the MOBO, unless "also update other software" is selected as an option in the W10 update preferences. This should really be set to Windows only.

If you have a dedicated graphics card, then the MOBO drivers SHOULD be disabled.

But again (and no offence meant to anyone) this and other posts following are the same - "nope never touched a thing" but in my experience (which is quite extensive on PC troubleshooting and repair) there is always something the end-user tweaked, changed, fiddled with (either intentionally or unintenionally).

Sometimes it took me ten minutes to unravel what they had done, other times several hours of registry diving to see that some small change (to the user - not to the windows OS) was made. I usually got, "oh I forgot about that, but that was done ages ago" however not realising that with the tight integration of all systems and drivers in a Windows environment, the CHAOS theory is well met with even the smallest change on occasion and depending on where it was made!

Most (and again in my experience - and this I'd estimate at about 90%) of the issues I came across were user related, seriously!

joden #446771 12/22/17 12:07 PM
Expert
Expert
Uninstalled the Quadcapture driver rebooted, back it came and at this point has not missed a beat. Thanks all. (Unfortunately the Windows update to 1709 came a day or so after the upgrade to BB 2018.) I probably assumed wrong. I'm getting old and could be making mistakes. Only last week I almost said I was wrong.

Tony

Last edited by Teunis; 12/22/17 12:28 PM.

Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
joden #446777 12/22/17 12:46 PM
Veteran
Veteran

The only video drivers to get updated with a Windows OS update are those from the MOBO, unless "also update other software" is selected as an option in the W10 update preferences. This should really be set to Windows only.

If you have a dedicated graphics card, then the MOBO drivers SHOULD be disabled.

So you are saying there was something I could have done to stop this non-MOBO driver update? Please let me know what? My MOBO video output is disabled and this auto update caused me no end of trouble at the time. To my understanding this is not a MS product, but it was updated as part of the WIN10 updates. I do not know how I could have avoided this or can stop it from occurring again in the future.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Capture.JPG (16.46 KB, 95 downloads)

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

joden #446779 12/22/17 01:43 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Joden - think about what you just implied:

ALL users, novices to hackers, should keep track of ALL changes made by any SW they have including all automatic or manual driver updates for every piece of HW, SW and FIRMWARE on, or connected to, the computer (audio, video, MoBo, HID’s, drives, ports, controllers, interfaces, devices, networks, Bluetooth & wireless,….)
As well as what the browsers may change, what AV and malware programs might have quarantined, .. and do that starting from day 1 of the first Win 10 install?
Frankly, that’s absurd.

Who, in their right mind, WOULD have though they needed to UNINSTALL their current working VIDEO driver to allow MS Features updates to work? Who WRITES such updates?

If the major Creators Updates (Fall and Spring) are going to require this effort for even a few percent of users – MS should send out a "Read Me FIRST" before, or as part one of, the downloaded update starts. It should LIST everything the user should do or check BEFORE continuing the download or allowing the update to start. What drivers should be rolled back or uninstalled, which should just be disable, what SW should be turned off, disabled, or uninstalled.

Better yet maybe it should first download itself, then force a boot into Safe Mode with Networking, then disable all offending drivers and reboot, then run a FSUITL dirty query; then CHKDSK /F /R if needed; then "SFC /scannow;" then if needed run DSIM offline health checks to get a good base to start the update from, maybe MS should also develop a utility to scan current drivers for those that still need disabled - because there is no way ANY typical USER should have to do any of that or even be aware of it.

I’m a Windows Insider member, and get and try most of these versions (admittedly in a VM only world - so not the actual HW/SW environment the OS version would see if actually installed). I evaluate most of the useful functional utility changes and suffer through the other changes they make, most of which seem to be changes just to change interface or pretty picture foo foo stuff. Then I send my comments to the MS Team were they evidently get rapidly sent to the virtual circular file.

larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
joden #446784 12/22/17 02:46 PM
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Jordan, I never had Win 8. What I called tiles are what I have pinned to start. I called them tiles as they look like tiles on a bathroom floor. I should have called them icons.

My video is on the MOBO and it did get messed up with a Win 10 Pro update. Maybe a glitch in the DL?

I agree that about he 90% of the problems are user induced. I worked in a computer repair shop for over a year and I saw the same thing time after time. Another problem is when they come in complaining about a slow computer and you find a million programs on it, many working in the background. They claim they don't know how they got there and that they never put them in.

Back to my problem I didn't hack anything on my Internet computer. From the git go I let MS handle everything.

I just updated my off-line music computer, only because my photography update demanded it. Now the task manager says my CPU is at 100% while every thing else says it isn't even close to that. I've DLed a couple of programs that verify this. Also my all my CPU cores run at 31C and when put under a heavy load the highest they ever have gotten is 65C.

And when the OS tries to update itself it will DL and install for a very long time only to stop at around 80%, say something went wrong, the reinstall my previous version. It has done this a number of times. WTF!

Again this computer is an off the shelf made and has not been hacked in any way. Meanwhile the other MS computers in the house all update and run perfectly.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
MarioD #446814 12/22/17 09:15 PM
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
...... I just updated my off-line music computer, only because my photography update demanded it. .....

And when the OS tries to update itself it will DL and install for a very long time only to stop at around 80%, say something went wrong, the reinstall my previous version. It has done this a number of times. WTF! .....

Uhhh, switch off Windows update in services.msc before you go online .... ???

Lol, i think i started this thread about ASIO, so howzabout ASIO, compadres?

PS for Mario. I had several Viruskillers before, paid and unpaid, Webroot, paid, Bitdefender paid, and other free ones like Avira, AVG. Thus "recommended & preferred tested ones".

For more than a 2 years now i have 360 Total security, first free and now paid. I let that handle my Windows (10) updates, it seems perfectly capable of handling only the necessary ones and weeds out all the MS bulshit sent upon us. Call me BIASSED.

I have Photoshop CS6 and Premiere CS6 with licenses running smoothly; stay a way from the later versions, they only work with online systems and a yearly paid fee.

Also about every month i backup my boot partition with True Image 2012. Very rarely i have to revert back to an older saved image, this usually after some Windows installer & permissions issue taking up too much time to fix. F

Expert
Expert
fiddler2007
Lol, i think i started this thread about ASIO, so howzabout ASIO, compadres?

Ok My experiences are not yours. When I was working albeit 5 years ago my team were responsible for so 40,000+ PCs several thousand printers and the like, 3000 wireless access points another 3000+ switches and routers over 350 sites. One thing we always did was to ensure all PCs were up to date both with virus detectors and an appropriate version of windows. there were only very few differences in the image. Only public facing machines were virtual.

We had a team of people just looking at windows updates and check the effects it had on present and future workings and the likely impact on the organisation.

Occasionally something does not work in the way we would all like. ASIO drivers and the like do go belly up. it is then we need to look around us and find why. Someone suggested reloading the drivers and this seems a fair solution.

I suggested a few day ago ensure any external device such as external sound cards and printers are left on when doing updates.

Where I live there are heaps of people in their 80's and 90's (yes they too are into computing and contacting the world) I recommend to them to let Windows update and let it take it's time to do so.

Not everyone has the same way of working nor will the same solution apply to all but I see it as a part of my life to share the knowledge and help others where I can.

As far as ASIO goes, today I deleted my drivers and reinstalled them and all was fine afterwards. I even noticed a Windows message to say the drivers for my sound card are now correct and functioning.

Sorry but I get upset when I see folk suggesting not accepting updates to either Windows or Antivirus this is based on experience more than faith.

Merry Christmas All

Tony. (We have already start Christmas festivities here in the heat.)

Last edited by Teunis; 12/23/17 12:08 AM.

Veteran
Veteran
I like to believe that the amount of computer issues one experiences, is directly proportional to the the number of computers one owns and the amount of time one spends at the keyboards.

In my household of 2.5 people (youngest son back and forth from college), I manage five computers (not to mention IPads and Iphones or computers in closets which we don't tune on anymore). On top of that, computers dominate my day-job and are a big part of my musical hobby.

Suffice it to say, I get my far share of abuse from computers. smirk

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
PS: Reinstalled RME audio driver stuff, and ASIO is still NOT working with latency set as low as i had before, but this is only with BIAB 2018 (507 and 508). ASIO however works fine with other software like Cubase, Wavelab etc ...... so AGAIN, what's up? -F

Expert
Expert
I found I had to go back to preferences/ audio and set the ASIO to the correct out ports.

Tony

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,576
Posts734,571
Members38,494
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tony1234, trustedmedications, MAJORKEY, Fender601, VIPBET사설토토
38,494 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193