Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#445608 12/16/17 08:44 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
critter Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I was browsing rock tunes and find that some have N/A in the styles, one I want says Brent Mason soloist does not exsist, the style plays but he is not there not even in the drop down for soloist. When you play the demo he is there, what's up with that?? For 2018.

Critter
Veteran
Veteran
More info would be good - number of RT or name of Style thats N/A please?

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
Veteran
Veteran
N/A means it is missing. (Not Available)

It could mean you don't have it or you have it but didn't install it.
/Or the program is looking in a different place.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
critter Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
The style is Burbank Simple Solo, Hard Rock, RT Set 286
Update, my other computer has this style and it works fine, maybe need to reinstall 2018????? on other machine?????

Last edited by critter; 12/17/17 08:24 PM.

Critter
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: critter
The style is Burbank Simple Solo, Hard Rock, RT Set 286
Update, my other computer has this style and it works fine, maybe need to reinstall 2018????? on other machine?????

I guess so, Critter. It works fine on mine , demo and all.
Re-install 2018 on Machine2, update to latest Build from Support, re-load your RT block that contains 286 and please let us know if it goes OK.
Ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
critter Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Reinstalled 2018 and still no 286 Brent soloist?????
Also what is an RT block never had to do that before??
After checking, all my 2018 styles are all N/A, doesn't make sense.............

Last edited by critter; 12/18/17 05:29 PM.

Critter
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Reinstalled 2018 and still no 286 Brent soloist?????
Also what is an RT block never had to do that before??
After checking, all my 2018 styles are all N/A, doesn't make sense.............

By 'block', he was just referring to the installer that contains set 286. Are you talking about N/A styles in the StylePicker? If so, they could say [N/A] or [RT N/A] or both. From what I understand it sounds like you have _BURBANK (among many others) showing "[RT N/A]"... is that correct? This means that you do have the Style (.STY), but you are missing one or more RealTracks that the style uses. Next you can figure out why you are missing the RealTracks. You can see that Burbank uses RT #2689, which is a Brent Mason guitar soloist and it sounds like you are missing that one (among others).

Open the RealTracks Picker and check the checkbox at the bottom to 'show n/a', then enter 2689 in the search filter and press enter. I suspect RT #2689 will say [N/A], and it might also indicate the reason it's N/A - i.e. if the "RT folder" is missing, or the ST2 is missing. If the RT folder is missing, you might have installed to a custom RealTracks folder (not in the bb folder), and not set the RealTracks Preferences to point to that folder. Or it might be the reverse, it might be pointing to a custom folder when you actually installed to the bb folder. Check this in your RealTracks Preferences dialog.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
critter Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I loaded 2018 on the one computer, and then my other, loaded as per always, no problem on the 8.1 but on the 10 all 2018 is N/A even after reinstalling. Is there a simple way to load those styles from hard drive or other suggestions, I am not a computer wiz, digging through files etc. Any help would be appreciated and or should I call support.

Critter
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
There's almost certainly a simple solution to this problem, but we need to determine what the problem is...

1. In the StylePicker, what is an example of a style that is n/a, and does it have [RT N/A] or [N/A]?

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
critter Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
They all say {RT N/A}

Critter
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
They all say {RT N/A}

Absolutely Every one of them?

Are the letters surrounded by braces '{}' as shown above, or square brackets '[]' as Andrew showed in his question?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
- In the RealTracks Preferences, is there a "custom folder" selected, and if so, what is it?

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Critter, follow these steps to answer Andrew's question:

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2017-12-20_11-44-52.jpg (79.14 KB, 69 downloads)
2017-12-20_11-46-29.jpg (185.63 KB, 69 downloads)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
critter Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Sorry should have been [], sorry

Critter
critter Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Will check custom folders.

Critter
critter Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Custom folder block says: C:\Logs\bb\RealTrack\

Critter
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
If there is a tick in the check box: 'Use a customer folder location for RealTracks', then un-tick it, press OK, then restart BiaB and see if there is a change in what's missing.

critter Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
I unchecked the box started BB and it all played okay, didn't try all but the one I wanted did. In the stylepicker they all still say [RT N/A] must be another step or two

Critter
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Repeat for the RealDrums Preferences.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
G
Apprentice
Apprentice
G
Hello, I too am having a problem with NA styles. I just got a notification, as I was trying to use the new vocal tracks, that there were three sets unaccounted for. They are not in the proper directory. I am not really sure where to go from here. I have reinstalled BIAB three times to no avail. I also uninstalled all five of the mega files, and then reinstalled. Still missing. Any ideas where they might have went?

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,509
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195