Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#447012 - 12/24/17 05:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: PeterF]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Rog

I agree with floyd:
"There is something about it that reminds me of the Dire Straits debut. Not that it SOUNDS like Dire Straits, but it has that immediate appeal - you want to listen to each part as it is happening."

Nice guitar playing throughout.
Sounds excellent.

Peter

Many thanks, Peter. Appreciate all the nice comments.
Cheers, ROG.

#447014 - 12/24/17 05:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: Robertkc]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Well, that was definitely what I wanted!
Felt like I was in the garage with you - love the whole thing but especially the intro and the attitude - punching out each word on that chorus line-sounded nice and snarly.
Excellent song.

Robert

Hi Robert.
Love the "garage" comment. Yes, that's exactly what I was after.
Many thanks for the review.
Cheers,
ROG.

#447015 - 12/24/17 05:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: RichMac]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Love that!
Sounds dire straits to me and great fun.
Thumbs up!
Cheers.

Hi Rich.
Thanks for the listen and the kind words.
Cheers, ROG.

#447463 - 12/27/17 08:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: Al-David]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hey ROG,

Great old retro sound! The drums remind a little bit of the Jefferson Airplane's "The Other Side Of This Life." I heard something somewhere between 'The Birds' and 'Jefferson Airplane'.

Glad you got this one. This is how you end the year and a good note! Everything about this shines ... excellent song and production.

Merry Christmas.
Alan

Hi Alan and many thanks for the review.
I've always been a fan of Jefferson Airplane, right through from the early blues days to Starship's rock ballads! Glad you liked this one and hope you had a good Xmas.
Cheers, ROG.

#447465 - 12/27/17 08:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: tommyad]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
ROG, That highly compressed drum sound is killer and sets up the raw 60's vibe perfectly. Great guitar playing. Super stops. This thing ROCKS!!! Smokin Hot. Love it, Tom

Hi Tom.
Drum tracks have such a huge dynamic range that back in the tape days we always had to wind up the compressor and then we'd still have the VUs banging on the end stops! Old habits die hard.
Hey, glad you liked it - I had a lot of fun putting it together.
Cheers, ROG.

#447467 - 12/27/17 08:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: David Snyder]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This is great. Yeah it is kind of Dire Straits, but more ROG to me.

smile

The guitar playing is great, and I love the mix, especially the drums.

Hi David.
Hey, that's a really nice thing to say. Pleased you liked it and many thanks for the review.
Cheers, ROG.

#447479 - 12/27/17 09:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: ROG]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
ROG, great retro vibe on this! It's mid 60's Stones all the way to me! Pure ole rock and roll! Nice little sole in the middle! Thanks, Torrey

#448556 - 01/02/18 01:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: jannesan]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Sounds like a lost Rolling Stones song, one of the rare times I wish the mix was not so good to get even more authentic feel smile Great rocking drums and strong vocals, universal message in the lyrics.

Janne

Hi Janne.
What a super complement. Many thanks.
Cheers, ROG.

#448557 - 01/02/18 02:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: 44kfl]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
sounds authentic

love it, gritty goodness

awesome guitar sound and licks

enjoyed the heck out of this

Kenny

Hi Kenny.
Always value your opinion, so really pleased you liked it.
Thanks for the listen and review.
Cheers, ROG.

#448558 - 01/02/18 02:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: Greg Johnson]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Cool tune ROG!! Like the retro feel, particularly the drums. With your background story, you reminded me how much I miss the old tape machines. New digital stuff is so powerful, convenient, and easy with tons of advantages but music just sounds better when you're watching the reels spin and the tape go by the heads. Great sound on this-your mixes are always fantastic! Enjoyed!! Merry Xmas! Take care. Greg

Hi Greg.
Yeah, the tape machines had a certain magic - until they went wrong! I remember re-winding a full spool of two inch tape when the motion sensing and brakes failed and the feed reel nearly broke the sound barrier.
But yes, things just did sound better.
Many thanks for the kind comments.
Cheers, ROG.

#448559 - 01/02/18 02:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: Torrey Bliss]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
ROG, great retro vibe on this! It's mid 60's Stones all the way to me! Pure ole rock and roll! Nice little sole in the middle! Thanks, Torrey

Hi Torrey.
Many thanks for the listen and review. Much appreciate the positive comments.
Cheers, ROG.

#448561 - 01/02/18 02:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: ROG]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
ROG,

I apologise for taking a while to get this.

This whole presentation sparkles and gleams with professionalism. The sound is amazing. The mix, your playing, your arranging, everything, is spot on and to my ears, each component piggy-backed on every other component and created a really satisfying aural journey.

Really enjoyable music!

All the best for 2018,
Noel

#448562 - 01/02/18 02:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: Noel96]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
ROG,

I apologise for taking a while to get this.

This whole presentation sparkles and gleams with professionalism. The sound is amazing. The mix, your playing, your arranging, everything, is spot on and to my ears, each component piggy-backed on every other component and created a really satisfying aural journey.

Really enjoyable music!

All the best for 2018,
Noel

Thanks, Noel.
Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year.
Always like to get a review from you, so many thanks for that.
All the best to you too for 2018.
Cheers, ROG.

#448563 - 01/02/18 02:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: ROG]
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Loc: Scotland
Hi Rog,

I don't usually reply to the songs on the forum, because I am not a musician, I hear songs, if you know what I mean, but this song is so brilliant you could place it in the hit parade.

All the very best.

George

#448608 - 01/02/18 09:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: George Nelson]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: George Nelson
Hi Rog,

I don't usually reply to the songs on the forum, because I am not a musician, I hear songs, if you know what I mean, but this song is so brilliant you could place it in the hit parade.

All the very best.

George

George, what can I say?
That's one of the nicest reviews I've ever had.
The fact that you don't comment often makes it even more special.
Thank you SO much.
Cheers, ROG.

#448774 - 01/03/18 06:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: ROG]
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Basic recording techniques still produce that rawness that modern producers layer a hundred tracks trying to capture. And.. you just showed 'em how to do it..

Great way to end the year. Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

#448835 - 01/03/18 10:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: Charlie Fogle]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Basic recording techniques still produce that rawness that modern producers layer a hundred tracks trying to capture. And.. you just showed 'em how to do it..

Great way to end the year. Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

Hi Charlie.
It's great to have access to all the modern recording systems with unlimited tracks
and every conceivable effect, but yes, it's still necessary to get back to basics
for the raw power that the early recordings possessed.
Many thanks for this listen and review.
Cheers, ROG.

#448852 - 01/03/18 11:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: ROG]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, ROG !

...and a most Happy Year
to you !!!!

Am a little late to the party
but this tune is a true ROCKER
and those always get me going !!!
I like it !

Cheers
Dani

#448900 - 01/03/18 03:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: dani48]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, ROG !

...and a most Happy Year
to you !!!!

Am a little late to the party
but this tune is a true ROCKER
and those always get me going !!!
I like it !

Cheers
Dani

Dani, many thanks for looking in on this one.
Glad I managed to rock you into 2018.
Thanks for the kind review - much appreciated.
All the best to you for the new year.
Cheers, ROG.

#448916 - 01/03/18 04:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: ROG]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I'm very late to this 60's party but I'm glad that I did. Everything that I wanted to say already has been said.

Super song that sounds like it could have come from the Stones first album!

A super live feel to this.

This is a keeper.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Contest - Listen to All the Entries!

Our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Contest is over, and the winners have been announced - congratulations again to forum users fiddler2007, rodipoet, Will Josef, and Ezekiel's Storm!

And, a BIG thank you to everyone who entered their songs on our contest - WOW what a great list of songs! We've arranged all the song entries into one simple list, if you'd like to listen to all the entries click here.

Congratulations Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest Winners!

Thank you again to everyone who submitted their songs to our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - 59 entries in total!

As always, we were blown away with every song entered! We truly enjoy listening to what everyone comes up with using Band-in-a-Box!

Our judging team listened to all the songs, and choosing the winners wasn't easy... some of the things taken into consideration were the quality of the composition, Xtra styles used, use of program features within the song, and originality - and we're now ready to announce the winners!

The Winners are:

I Will Be Your Doggie Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: fiddler2007
Xtra Style used: _WILDONE
Original Forum Post

Jazz:
Wie zingt verjaagt zijn pijn (He who sings expels his pain) Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: rodipoet
Xtra Styles Used: _SILKY
Original Forum Post

MIDI:
Child of the 70s Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Will Josef
Xtra Style Used: HORIZON
Original Forum Post

Rock-Pop:
Hide it Away Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Ezekiel's Storm
Xtra Style used: _CHEATED
Original Forum Post

Congratulations everyone!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows: Making Songs

Visit Chapter 6: Making Songs in our online Band-in-a-Box 2018 for Windows User's Guide, and you'll learn (or be reminded of) all the different steps you could take for creating your own song using Band-in-a-Box®!

Learn about naming your song, choosing a key, setting the tempo, chord entry, and more! There's even information for more advanced use! Read about Song Settings (endings, tags, style variations, pushes, rests, and chord embellishments), Part Markers, Substyles, Song Form, applying Styles, using RealTrack/RealDrums, importing MIDI, and chord entry - just to name a few!

Holiday Hours - Monday, October 8th

Monday, October 8th is Canadian Thanksgiving!

Our Holiday schedule that day is:
Customer Service: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST
Technical Support: Closed

We will be back to our regular schedule Tuesday, October 9th.

Happy National Techies Day!

Happy National Techies Day to all our program users! And, a special thanks / shout-out to all of our BETA testers - you're a big part of our Band-in-a-Box program!

Forum Stats
28066 Members
57 Forums
54389 Topics
449500 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Ozzoid, jabba, RickSC, Mallie Riecken, Tim Radel

28066 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 215
David Snyder 151