Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
B
BBB Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
B
I am not one who complains Easliy, but I ordered my 2018 BIAB upgrade on Friday, December 8th........

It has still not arrived yet! That is almost 2 full weeks.

That is not right. This is very poor customer service. I am located in Chicago Illinois........... There are no out-of-control flres or any reason this should be occurring........

I don't know who dropped the ball but this is totally unacceptable and not a good way to run a business!

I would hope PG music does the right thing and offers me a gift certificate, or some free real tracks or a 49 pack or something.

That is what any reputable business would do........

Bob B.

Veteran
Veteran
Your experience is not normal, I agree. Give PG Music Sales a call in the morning. Was your order for the audiophile version on a hard drive? They ship later; I just got mine two days ago.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Like Matt mentioned, do give PG Music a call. I'm confident to state that they will certainly be responsive and take whatever steps are required to track/ensure your delivery.

And yes, I understand that the HDD versions may have been dispatched later.

PS: Also, I guess no one is absolutely sure to say that the issue lies with PG Music. It may be a delivery problem which is out of their hands?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Expert
Expert
One thing about PG: since Atari days they have always been fair, responsive, and especially very helpful in sussing out problems. Compared to some other software vendors they surely deserve a +++++++ rating. F

Veteran
Veteran
I am signed up for UPS notifications. My delivery was delayed several days, first due to winter weather, and then apparently the UPS truck broke down. But it was shipped pretty timely from PGMusic.

I would definitely give them a call or do an online chat to see if they can check the status. If already shipped, they should have a shipping ID number.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I agree the same what fiddler2007 said:

One thing about PG: since Atari days they have always been fair, responsive, and especially very helpful in sussing out problems. Compared to some other software vendors they surely deserve a +++++++ rating. F

Greetings from Finland,
popboy
user since Atari times!!!

Journeyman
Journeyman
Just FYI, The post below is a different Bob B., not me, Bob Buford. Just to clarify here. smile

Originally Posted By: BBB
I am not one who complains Easliy, but I ordered my 2018 BIAB upgrade on Friday, December 8th........

It has still not arrived yet! That is almost 2 full weeks.

That is not right. This is very poor customer service. I am located in Chicago Illinois........... There are no out-of-control flres or any reason this should be occurring........

I don't know who dropped the ball but this is totally unacceptable and not a good way to run a business!

I would hope PG music does the right thing and offers me a gift certificate, or some free real tracks or a 49 pack or something.

That is what any reputable business would do........

Bob B.

Hey BBB

I was told when I placed my order that the HD version was still being checked out and there would be a delay in shipping it. So I wasn't concerned when it took a while. I think we're all fortunate to have such an amazing product and a great bunch of folks getting it out there and in our hands. Next to my guitars, my BIAB is my most important piece of musical gear in my songwriting and producing arsenal. Actually I could always replace my guitar. BIAB...not so much. Thanks, PGM. You guys rock.

Buford cool

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
It looks like the order date was Fri Dec 8 and ship date was Mon Dec 11, please contact us so we can confirm this and look into it further.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
B
BBB Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
B
Hi Andrew and everyone else,

I only ordered the program upgrade this time and set three of the jazz video real tracks...... All on a 32 GB thumb drive.......

I appreciate all your replies.

If it does not arrive today I will contact you Andrew thanks for reaching out.

BBB

Apprentice
Apprentice
Why assume the fault is at the PG Music side, and not the courier, preemptively trashing one of the best functioning companies in the music biz just to learn that the company did exactly like they should, and in time?

I think an apology would be in order.

Well?

Last edited by LtKojak; 12/22/17 09:29 PM.

Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
Milano, Italy
https://soundcloud.com/theodore-kojak/tracks
Hy-Bro Test Sound Files
Veteran
Veteran

Bob B.

Maybe this is the crux of the matter? whistle

I wonder why the OP waited two weeks? I surely wouldnt have.
Just my two penn'orth.

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
Veteran
Veteran
Not like PG Music but what really turns me off is someone asking for free stuff right out the gate.

Best to you, and my bet is they will correct the issue, if indeed they are aware of the issue in the 1st place.

B
BBB Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
B
Pepe,

Aren't you being a little dramatic?

Nobody is trashing anything....... Even though none of this is any of your business, even for Media mail the post office has what's called internal tracking........ And this order went out later than it should have.........

Not the end of the world in the busy holiday season, but this was an issue with customer service and shipping...........Only

Certainly not the entire company and its products! Like your comments suggest.......

Regards,

BBB

Veteran
Veteran
Pepe,

Nobody is trashing anything....... Even though none of this is any of your business, even for Media mail the post office has what's called internal tracking........ And this order went out later than it should have.........

Not the end of the world in the busy holiday season, but this was an issue with customer service and shipping...........Only

Certainly not the entire company and its products! Like your comments suggest.......

Regards,

BBB

Overly dramatic? Please read your own posts.
It's EVERYONE'S business if you post publicly.
So you ordered Friday and they ship Monday - how can that be bad service?

Videos-
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Pepe,

Regards,

BBB

Did you get it yet?

B
BBB Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
B
Danny,

I'm far from being a mooch.......... But when part of the Company, namely the shipping department drops the ball,

It's usually a nicety to say they're sorry and maybe throw some freebies......

But we're all entitled to our opinions so I hope you have a great Christmas and a happy new year......

BBB

B
BBB Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
B
Hey Pepe,

The shipping department screwed up the order did not go out on Monday.....

Don't challenge my right to be upset....... This is not your business....... And you never should've been involved in the first place.

I could care less about your opinion! This is between me and PG music....... and its not a big deal like I said you are the only one that is making it a big deal.......... I am extremely happy with PG music throughout the years!

So please go away and mind your own business........ That will probably be a first for you!

I finally got my order, and even though it's late it Is usual I love it!

BBB

Veteran
Veteran
Hey Pepe,

The shipping department screwed up the order did not go out on Monday.....

Don't challenge my right to be upset....... This is not your business....... And you never should've been involved in the first place.

I could care less about your opinion! This is between me and PG music....... and its not a big deal like I said you are the only one that is making it a big deal.......... I am extremely happy with PG music throughout the years!

So please go away and mind your own business........ That will probably be a first for you!

BBB

BBB, YOU made it PUBLIC so its not a Private matter any more.
It is YOU who's making it a Big Deal by banging on about it and panhandling for Freebies on the back of it.
Go and enjoy your B2018 and have a great Christmas.

Videos-
Apprentice
Apprentice
The shipping department screwed up the order did not go out on Monday

So you say...?

Don't challenge my right to be upset

So now getting upset is a right? What article of the constitution is this mentioned? Well, this very thought, being delivered in some comedy program, would be funny, but as it's coming from a real human being, I find it that's the saddest thing ever to think about in Christmas. Who hurt you so bad...?

This is not your business

Why did you post here, then?

And you never should've been involved in the first place

You shouldn't've posted in the first place, then.

I could care less about your opinion

Yet, here you are...

This is between me and PG music

It was until you chose to post here. Why did you post here in the first place, uh? Bullying your way to a freebie?

you are the only one that is making it a big deal

Yet, here you are... again!

I am extremely happy with PG music throughout the years

That didn't prevent you to make such a pathetic attemp of getting a freebie.

So please go away and mind your own business

You must have serious deficiencies in the reading/comprehension dept. It was YOU that posted here IN THE FIRST PLACE. Being a PUBLIC Forum, by definition, makes it not only MY business, if I decide to get involved, but everybody's business. Precisely, to all 26,783 Registered Users and everybody else that reads it, that's not registered, making an estimate of about 90,000 persons. You didn't think this through at all, didn't you...?

That will probably be a first for you!

As I was not the only one that responded to you, but the one being singled out by you, my guess is that it was my post that, in your own contorted, feeble mind ruined the possibility of having a freebie. If that was the case then GOOD! Justice was made!

Great! Now you can go back and sulk in the corner of your room, all by yourself, thinking about that freebie that slip through your fingers like sand... the more you want to hold to it, that more that it slips away...

Have a very un-merry Christmas and an extremely miserable New Year.

Last edited by LtKojak; 12/25/17 08:55 AM.

Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
Milano, Italy
https://soundcloud.com/theodore-kojak/tracks
Hy-Bro Test Sound Files
Apprentice
Apprentice
Wow Pepe!Tell him like it is.Who loves ya baby!Marry me!Happy Christmas,Lootenant.
Wendy

BiaB2022PLUS,927. every extras pack I can find ;-),Sonar7XL,Win 10
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Awww, a Christmas Day food fight on the PGM forums. Who could have predicted? laugh

Apprentice
Apprentice
Not me JJJ.Mother in law cooked Christmas dinner.Wouldnt dare complain!Still scares me after 15 yrs. Now that BBB,he's just a pussycat in comparison.

A
Apprentice
Apprentice
A
Good Job those two guys didn't meet up for Christmas dinner, there would have been turkey flying all over the room!!

Somebody sure did ruffle the turkeys feathers this Christmas.

Axey

B
BBB Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
B
Hi Wendy,

That's fantastic! Definitely brought A Christmas smile to my face!

Pepe is definitely the PG music enforcer! Even though I'm involved in this case, I must say I really like his style.......

When you guys get married, please let me know so I can send you what ever freebies PG music gives me for messing up my order.........LOL

Happy New Year! BBB

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hi Wendy,

That's fantastic! Definitely brought A Christmas smile to my face!

Pepe is definitely the PG music enforcer! Even though I'm involved in this case, I must say I really like his style.......

When you guys get married, please let me know so I can send you what ever freebies PG music gives me for messing up my order.........LOL

Happy New Year! BBB

We've come a full circle. This post is a great way to finish this thread off, I feel.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
E
Expert
Expert
E
I just have to say that I’ve been a customer since the Atari days, and PG customer service has always been outstanding, they have bent over backwards to assure I always got what I needed....whatever mistake was made, I’m sure the office is on top of it, if you all will allow me to briefly give one example, it will show how this company stands behind its customers:

I live in Mexico City, last year I upgraded to the Audiophile version of BIAB 2017, after hearing the new RTs this year, I decided to upgrade to 2018, I knew it wouldn’t be cheap, because the Mexican Government has a steep tax tariff on anything shipped into the country.....I was shocked to get a very prompt reply saying because I had upgraded, I would be sent a hard drive version of BIAB 2018 for FREE, and no shipping charge, which also meant there was NO tax for me, a week later the HD was delivered to me!! How’s that for stellar service?? I’ll say it again: PG music really knows how to take care of its customers.....

Veteran
Veteran
I too have been a customer since Atari, Motorola processor Macs and DOS PCs and have found PG Music provides some of the best service in the business.

I often use PG Music as an example for how to treat my own customers.

I've been to Canada many times, from the Maratimes to Yukon, and always found the Canadians to be friendly, cheerful, helpful, and polite. Some of the nicest people on the planet. If it wasn't so cold, I could move to Canada. But for me, anything under 24 Celsius is too cold for man or beast. wink

And since we are talking Christmas, I had one of the best Christmas days I've had in a long time.

We play at an RV Park here in South Florida and we've done this for many years. Qute a few French Canadians winter down here. I think the reason is they can own the RV but not the land and it makes it easier to keep their wonderful Canadian benefits.

This year they hired us to play for dancing after their Christmas dinner (invited us to dine with them and sent us home with food). There were over 130 guests mostly French Canadians and a sprinkling of US and English speaking Canadians who live in the park as well. They hit the dance floor on the second or third song and the dance floor was full all night.

We played some classic rock, a little country, a couple of ballroom dance numbers, some contemporary dance music, a little Caribbean,one zydeco, and some secular Christmas songs. Applause followed every song, and the smiles and affectionate feedback from the audience fed our spirits all night. We had so much fun we played 3 hours, straight through, without taking a break.

It seemed like the 3 hours went by way too quickly, there were plenty of other songs we wanted to play, we were having great fun and it seemed like perhaps only an hour passed. But park rules say we must shut down the loud music at 9PM.

At the end of the night we played "God Bless America" followed by "O Canada" and brought happy tears to the eyes of a few of the guests. This followed by a standing ovation and many people coming up to shake our hands and tell us how much they enjoyed the evening.

And we even got paid to have this much fun.

You can't ask for a much better day than that.

Insights and incites by notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
F
Apprentice
Apprentice
F
I've been a long time BIAB user and customer. Haven't been to active in the forums lately. I recently had a gig like "Notes" described. It was a birthday party and I said that I would play for tips as my present to the birthday girl. I usually go 2 hours on a gig and sometimes 3 if my voice can hold out. Well this party ended up going over 4 hours. The place was packed all night. When they sang along to Sweet Caroline I swear they heard them at the bar down the road.
After I got all packed up and returned home I was pleasantly surprised to find that the tip jar had more in it than I would have made charging my regular rate. It's nice to have one like that every once in a while.
P.S. I couldn't hardly talk the next day.

P
P
The current discussion is getting far off topic from the original one, but in this case, it's probably a good thing. I do have a question about your gigs -- do either of you use BIAB to assist with live performances? Myself, I mainly use it as a practice aid, working on my blues and jazz improvisation skills and such.

My best to all who have contributed to this thread in a positive light.

Apprentice
Apprentice
Well i guess you could but it wouldnt be efficient.i assume you like the sgu without any other work so just freeze all tracks and save.Finding and loading LIVE though wont be quick or pro enough IMO. Why not render to wav or mp3 and put them all in a folder so you can play them back throug your laptop/PA.
Me?i only do about 50 mins so have 2 CDs of songs in sequins for the flipflop.I kniw it's not very Pro and would be up the creek if laptop ever crashed or got dropped.

Expert
Expert
My greatest disappointment is the strength of the product I bought. 12 months ago I upgraded from the Pro to the UltraPak for my needs I see little point in going further. I'm still scratching the surface of what I own.

I make tracks to support me. I use BB to make the rough. I used to make my own midi parts but now I use RealTracks main. The issue I have I get something the way I like it, play around some more, and find something I like better. This stuff is so powerful and choices just too vast.

I reworked a number of songs for tonight's show. I have just arrived home at 10:20 from a New Years Eve gig at the retirement village and now feel I need to rework half of what I used tonight.

I use BB sometimes go to RB then Sonar for final mix. I then copy the .wav files out to sets on a laptop I take to the show. (Yes, I often have a backup on USB). When performing I just flip from song to song. (Hank Marvin once said "some artists speak between songs to let people know what the song is about, others are just wasting time, I waste time.") I waste time telling folks about the next song it gives me time to line things up.

The main issue I have is the vast choices in BB, getting it right and then using other people's gear (pa systems in the main). I find the backing sounds fine on my gear but other folk set their gear up differently and sometimes the backing is not so good. (Then again sometimes I leave my hearing aids in, so what would I know. I do wish tinnitus was melodic or rhythmic rather than a squeal).

Just another deaf, half sozzled ole muso wishin' I had looked after myself 30 or more years ago.

Sorry
Tony

Last edited by Teunis; 12/31/17 03:18 AM.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Veteran
Veteran
Pete S, start a new thread and ask your questions about using BIAB for live performances. Many here do that. Others (like me) choose to take BIAB backing tracks in a different form. There’s lots to discuss, and if you search, much discussion over the years. But it will be hidden under a topic with the unfortunate name this one has.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran

Yes, can we start a new thread for further discussions?
I did try to suggest we close it a little while ago.
The title is very unfortunate.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,745
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Krystal Mcclain, Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex
38,500 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 191