You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#447389 - 12/26/17 08:32 PM [Off-Topic] Korg Legacy collection users - heads up
Larry Kehl Offline
Veteran

Loc: New Mexico
I was wondering around looking at well rooudned "set" of free and inexpensive VSTi's for a freind and remembered that Korg has a sale about now on Korg Legacy Collection and items.

Was (did actaully) going to recommend the M1 (on sale $24.99) at a minimum out of teh set and went to site to get links, info, buy links etc. and noticed the buy link doign the "oops sorry" thing.

long story short

Registrations/downloads will be moving off Korg Use Net. So worth you time now to go set up new account on Korg Id net - unless you never plan to need to reinstall/reauthorize (register) your Korg plugins in.

While there you'll get TWO "upgrade" coupons (one simply lets you re-buy the collection $0 in new store and site with new downloads and registration procedures which you don't need to do unless you later need to reinstall like the M1 or Wavestation or whaever for some reason)

and another coupon to upgrade the "bundle" to also include the new Korg ARP Odessy plugin (for an additional $49)

JUST FYI - but if you do go there PLEASE READ the info on the page and pay attention to how to move and get coupons!

http://www.korguser.net/login.asp?OS=WIN&LAN=1&TOP=1

PLEASE READ THE INFO ON THAT SITE

Larry
Win7&10Pro64,i7-2600k,32GB,1OTBsHDD,RX480 8GB,Scarlett 18i8,MIDI4x4,Montage7Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7,XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,Nanosynth,SPLAT,FL20, SO3,MC8,AD2,ST3,Kontakt5,Amptube4,etc.. but really I'm a guitar player AXE FX III

#447390 - 12/26/17 10:25 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Korg Legacy collection users - heads up [Re: Larry Kehl]
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Thanks for the tip!

I got the M1 VSTi a while ago, mainly for nostalgia. I'm not sure I'll ever use it, but it's a lot of fun to play, and there are tons of sounds on it.

I eventually got the Wavestation as well, but I don't think the sounds are nearly as versatile.

It's too bad that Roland didn't take that route with the D-50.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#447462 - 12/27/17 08:21 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Korg Legacy collection users - heads up [Re: dcuny]
Kevin Woolley Offline
Expert

Loc: Pietersburg, South Africa
Roland DID go that route with the D50 and a few of their other synths. Head over to Roland and search for Roland Cloud.

Kevin smile

#447494 - 12/27/17 10:06 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Korg Legacy collection users - heads up [Re: Kevin Woolley]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Roland cloud is a subscription model. For $20 USD a month you can use everything on the Roland cloud. Are you saying that Korg's new method is also a subscription based system? If so I'm not upgrading.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#447495 - 12/27/17 10:14 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Korg Legacy collection users - heads up [Re: MarioD]
Larry Kehl Offline
Veteran

NO the KORG IS NOT a subscription - they are SIMPLY moving SITES to register your (if you reinstall) get new versions (updates) and/or new products. And where you go to get a download if you LOSE your copy of the install. Just like current Korg Use NET but in different web location)

no COST !

I did it last night, and am tempted to go back and pluck down the $50 for the ARP Odessy

Larry

EDIT =========================

some info on Roland Cloud:

http://forums.rolandclan.com/viewforum.php?f=63

I knew about it and it might be the best deal ever and I might be missing out on owing a J8 but I don't want to rent sounds for a year to own one synth especially since if Roland "cuts the cord" (think Cakewalk, and Amazon MP3 and... yes, different but same ballpark)

Edited by Larry Kehl (12/27/17 11:41 AM)
Win7&10Pro64,i7-2600k,32GB,1OTBsHDD,RX480 8GB,Scarlett 18i8,MIDI4x4,Montage7Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7,XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,Nanosynth,SPLAT,FL20, SO3,MC8,AD2,ST3,Kontakt5,Amptube4,etc.. but really I'm a guitar player AXE FX III

#447508 - 12/27/17 12:09 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Korg Legacy collection users - heads up [Re: Larry Kehl]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Thanx for that Larry. I have my DL codes but became reluctant to use them because of Kevin's post.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#447510 - 12/27/17 12:49 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Korg Legacy collection users - heads up [Re: MarioD]
Larry Kehl Offline
Veteran

Yep

Just download the new zips (most stuff was updated at a minimum to add new authorization scheme), keep that SINGLE code you got in the email (I keep that kind of stuff in about half-a dozen places - shared on all my PCS, in backups, in off site storage ,,...LOL)

There is no compelling reason to reinstall under new system unless you want to, just to get it out of the way or because their claimed stability fixes in most of the newer .dlls (components) M1, Waveststation, etc. I so so called because i've had zero stability issues and I hate fixes to SW that "ain't broke" - grin so....)

MY only concern with new registration system is if it limits "counts" of installs. I have it on TWO PC"s (laptop and desktop but DESKTOP has it installed, in this case, under three OS's (Win XP, 7, and 10) under old registration it just keeps spitting new auth. codes no issues to my name and email, not sure what will happen now.

Yes, I could JUST install on Desktop Win 10 and see if it will also allow at least one more on laptop but that is TBD.

I probably should test before User Net goes bye bye so I can re-install and re-register there with the, now, older versions.

#447514 - 12/27/17 12:59 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Korg Legacy collection users - heads up [Re: Larry Kehl]
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
The Korg VSTi's are single-time purchase, which are then associated with your workstation. At $50 they are a good price, and on sale at $25 even better.

As Mario said, the Roland VSTi's are subscription-based. That means that you pay an ongoing, monthly fee of $30 a month - $20 is the "special" introductory price. You have access to a variety of soft synths, and new synths are being added all the time. But as soon as you stop paying the subscription, you no longer can use the VSTi.

The subscription model might be a great deal for some people.

Since the D-50 is the only synth that I'm really interested in, a subscription service makes less sense for me. For that kind of money, I could just pay $350 and get the D-05.

Never mind, I haven't got that kind of money handy, either. shocked

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#447563 - 12/27/17 11:16 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Korg Legacy collection users - heads up [Re: Larry Kehl]
Kevin Woolley Offline
Expert

Loc: Pietersburg, South Africa
Sorry Mario, I didn't mean to imply that the Korg was subscription based. With the Roland subscription after 12 months, I think, one of the synths becomes purchased. You can choose which one.

I already have the Korg analogue and digital collections.

After carefully weighing up the collections I bought the new Arturia V Collection 6. I got a good price for being an previous Arturia customer. This collection is a very good selection of synths in there!

Kevin smile

PG Music News
National One-Hit Wonder Day!

Today is NATIONAL ONE-HIT WONDER DAY!

Have you ever created a "one-hit wonder" (that you'll admit to)? Post it to this thread - we'd love to hear it!

Complete RealBand 2018 Users Guide - Interactive Online Version Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page, and you'll find our latest addition - the online manual for the RealBand 2018 for Windows User's Guide!

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/rb2018full/index.htm

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this User's Guide can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video - Endorsing Artist Steve Wallace

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video from endorsing artist Steve Wallace!
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=6QcPF5cQjKw

"With the vast array of RealTracks and styles offered, Band-in-a-Box is a phenomenal program that can help any musician and composer hone their skills."
-Steve Wallace

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Forum Stats
27992 Members
57 Forums
54094 Topics
446259 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
smokinhalfnote, snenamor, yes daddy music, grivers, mononino

27992 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 499
David Snyder 182