You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#447389 - 12/26/17 08:32 PM [Off-Topic] Korg Legacy collection users - heads up
Larry Kehl Offline
Veteran

Loc: New Mexico
I was wondering around looking at well rooudned "set" of free and inexpensive VSTi's for a freind and remembered that Korg has a sale about now on Korg Legacy Collection and items.

Was (did actaully) going to recommend the M1 (on sale $24.99) at a minimum out of teh set and went to site to get links, info, buy links etc. and noticed the buy link doign the "oops sorry" thing.

long story short

Registrations/downloads will be moving off Korg Use Net. So worth you time now to go set up new account on Korg Id net - unless you never plan to need to reinstall/reauthorize (register) your Korg plugins in.

While there you'll get TWO "upgrade" coupons (one simply lets you re-buy the collection $0 in new store and site with new downloads and registration procedures which you don't need to do unless you later need to reinstall like the M1 or Wavestation or whaever for some reason)

and another coupon to upgrade the "bundle" to also include the new Korg ARP Odessy plugin (for an additional $49)

JUST FYI - but if you do go there PLEASE READ the info on the page and pay attention to how to move and get coupons!

http://www.korguser.net/login.asp?OS=WIN&LAN=1&TOP=1

PLEASE READ THE INFO ON THAT SITE

Larry
Win7&10 Pro 64,i7-2600k,32GB,1OTBs HDD,RX480 8GB,FW-410,MIDIplus4x4,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7, XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,Nanosynth,SPLAT,AD2,ST3,Kontakt 5,Amptube4,way too many other VSTi's - but I'm really a guitar player

#447390 - 12/26/17 10:25 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Korg Legacy collection users - heads up [Re: Larry Kehl]
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Thanks for the tip!

I got the M1 VSTi a while ago, mainly for nostalgia. I'm not sure I'll ever use it, but it's a lot of fun to play, and there are tons of sounds on it.

I eventually got the Wavestation as well, but I don't think the sounds are nearly as versatile.

It's too bad that Roland didn't take that route with the D-50.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#447462 - 12/27/17 08:21 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Korg Legacy collection users - heads up [Re: dcuny]
Kevin Woolley Offline
Expert

Loc: Pietersburg, South Africa
Roland DID go that route with the D50 and a few of their other synths. Head over to Roland and search for Roland Cloud.

Kevin smile

#447494 - 12/27/17 10:06 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Korg Legacy collection users - heads up [Re: Kevin Woolley]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Roland cloud is a subscription model. For $20 USD a month you can use everything on the Roland cloud. Are you saying that Korg's new method is also a subscription based system? If so I'm not upgrading.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#447495 - 12/27/17 10:14 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Korg Legacy collection users - heads up [Re: MarioD]
Larry Kehl Offline
Veteran

NO the KORG IS NOT a subscription - they are SIMPLY moving SITES to register your (if you reinstall) get new versions (updates) and/or new products. And where you go to get a download if you LOSE your copy of the install. Just like current Korg Use NET but in different web location)

no COST !

I did it last night, and am tempted to go back and pluck down the $50 for the ARP Odessy

Larry

EDIT =========================

some info on Roland Cloud:

http://forums.rolandclan.com/viewforum.php?f=63

I knew about it and it might be the best deal ever and I might be missing out on owing a J8 but I don't want to rent sounds for a year to own one synth especially since if Roland "cuts the cord" (think Cakewalk, and Amazon MP3 and... yes, different but same ballpark)

Edited by Larry Kehl (12/27/17 11:41 AM)
Win7&10 Pro 64,i7-2600k,32GB,1OTBs HDD,RX480 8GB,FW-410,MIDIplus4x4,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7, XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,Nanosynth,SPLAT,AD2,ST3,Kontakt 5,Amptube4,way too many other VSTi's - but I'm really a guitar player

#447508 - 12/27/17 12:09 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Korg Legacy collection users - heads up [Re: Larry Kehl]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Thanx for that Larry. I have my DL codes but became reluctant to use them because of Kevin's post.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#447510 - 12/27/17 12:49 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Korg Legacy collection users - heads up [Re: MarioD]
Larry Kehl Offline
Veteran

Yep

Just download the new zips (most stuff was updated at a minimum to add new authorization scheme), keep that SINGLE code you got in the email (I keep that kind of stuff in about half-a dozen places - shared on all my PCS, in backups, in off site storage ,,...LOL)

There is no compelling reason to reinstall under new system unless you want to, just to get it out of the way or because their claimed stability fixes in most of the newer .dlls (components) M1, Waveststation, etc. I so so called because i've had zero stability issues and I hate fixes to SW that "ain't broke" - grin so....)

MY only concern with new registration system is if it limits "counts" of installs. I have it on TWO PC"s (laptop and desktop but DESKTOP has it installed, in this case, under three OS's (Win XP, 7, and 10) under old registration it just keeps spitting new auth. codes no issues to my name and email, not sure what will happen now.

Yes, I could JUST install on Desktop Win 10 and see if it will also allow at least one more on laptop but that is TBD.

I probably should test before User Net goes bye bye so I can re-install and re-register there with the, now, older versions.

#447514 - 12/27/17 12:59 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Korg Legacy collection users - heads up [Re: Larry Kehl]
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
The Korg VSTi's are single-time purchase, which are then associated with your workstation. At $50 they are a good price, and on sale at $25 even better.

As Mario said, the Roland VSTi's are subscription-based. That means that you pay an ongoing, monthly fee of $30 a month - $20 is the "special" introductory price. You have access to a variety of soft synths, and new synths are being added all the time. But as soon as you stop paying the subscription, you no longer can use the VSTi.

The subscription model might be a great deal for some people.

Since the D-50 is the only synth that I'm really interested in, a subscription service makes less sense for me. For that kind of money, I could just pay $350 and get the D-05.

Never mind, I haven't got that kind of money handy, either. shocked

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#447563 - 12/27/17 11:16 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Korg Legacy collection users - heads up [Re: Larry Kehl]
Kevin Woolley Offline
Expert

Loc: Pietersburg, South Africa
Sorry Mario, I didn't mean to imply that the Korg was subscription based. With the Roland subscription after 12 months, I think, one of the synths becomes purchased. You can choose which one.

I already have the Korg analogue and digital collections.

After carefully weighing up the collections I bought the new Arturia V Collection 6. I got a good price for being an previous Arturia customer. This collection is a very good selection of synths in there!

Kevin smile

PG Music News
Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Special Pricing Until June 30th!

With the recent Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release, we also released Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends June 30th!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! Learn more.

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 is a HIT!

Since the release Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, we've received some great feedback!

"The added Piano Roll Window is... WONDERFUL!"
"Adding the Piano Roll Window is a BIG DEAL - thanks PG Music!"
"This significantly changes how I will use Band-in-a-Box in the future."
"And yet again you manage to come up with styles and instruments that we absolutely must have!"
"Great to have the Oohs and Ahhs RealTracks!"
"The RealTracks are worth their weight in gold to me. They really are an amazing invention for music creators."
"Just tonight popped together a quick video using one of the new video styles. Must say the whole process worked without a hitch so this really does look like a great new feature. And what a great teaching aid! "
"Such a comprehensive source for music making!"
"THIS IS EXCITING!"
"The new Audio Chord Wizard is my favorite new feature!"
"This should be great for creating backing tracks for covers."
"Oh wow. This has got to be the coolest enhancement in Band-in-a-Box 2018. This is so-o-o powerful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!"
"A brilliant piece of software!"
"What a release!!!"
"THEY DO NO PAY ME BUT if you don't own this you are crazy."
"Been using Band in a Box for years!! Great product for composing. I absolutely love the background vocals in Band-in-a-Box 2018."
"My compliments to the PG Music team who have once again have delivered an incredible collection of new styles and RealTracks to Band-in-a-Box this year!"
"There is still so much to explore and work with!"
"Love the new Video RealTracks!"
"The mixer included into the StylePicker is a great addition."
"Recent retirement and the 2018 version of BIAB is a perfect combination!!"
"The XTRA Styles are fantastic... any future idle music-related minutes I may have had are now totally gone... gonna find that perfect background rhythm on just about every one of my favorites!!!"
"I bought this Band-in-a-Box 2018 and I love it , it is amazing to work with!!!!!"
"...it's educational utility and the potential is awesome!!!"
"I must say, the new harmony options in particular have me chomping at the bit!"
"This will give my students a great overview of what's going on in an arrangement with the different instruments.!!!"
"A musician must have."
"Lovin' the new RealTracks!!!"
"This is amazing software!"
"Thank you for a wonderful tool for both musicians and singers - I can never say enough about this amazingly versatile product!"

Forum Stats
27610 Members
50 Forums
52200 Topics
431990 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
dave1990, mucheyielts2018, bpran, smokinop, moapys

27609 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 189
Noel96 166