Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#447798 - 12/29/17 04:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: If Now Was Then - Robert Cordrey Vocal and Lyrics [Re: Scott C]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Nice one guys!

I always like the lyrics Robert writes:

"I kept your insect in amber
with a question in its eye
the riddle of the gypsy girl
how to live and how to fly"

Great line!

I like the transition into the heavy part. Track sounds good, as does your guitar work. Overall a good listen!

Edited by BlueAttitude (12/29/17 05:00 AM)

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Latest song: The Blue Line

#447823 - 12/29/17 08:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: If Now Was Then - Robert Cordrey Vocal and Lyrics [Re: BlueAttitude]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Nice one guys!

Great line!

I like the transition into the heavy part. Track sounds good, as does your guitar work. Overall a good listen!

I agree with Dave. Some great lines lyrically and guitar wise. I like the repeating guitar signature. Good job to you both, Tom

#447836 - 12/29/17 09:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: If Now Was Then [Re: floyd jane]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Scott & Robert,

A very cool sound throughout. Somewhere between The Starship and Genesis. The lyrics fit that perfectly. The vocal, too.

Super guitar work, Scott. Really like the distortion/delay - "just enough".

An excellent listen.

(The vocal gets lost a bit at times, but I couldn't tell if it needed a bump in volume or a bit of EQ to separate it from the guitar bed)

Y'all are doing good stuff together. Enjoyed it.

fj

Thanks Floyd for checking out the song. Thanks also for the comments on the mix. This was new territory for me. This is a real testiment to Robert’s skill as a song writer and vocalist as I had already done the solos for each section of the song. His lyrics and vocal were a perfect fit. Getting the volume blend right between vocal and the guitar playing was very elusive. Look forward to trying this again in the future. Mixing is quite an art in itself.

#447936 - 12/29/17 04:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: If Now Was Then - Robert Cordrey Vocal and Lyrics [Re: bluage]
Robertkc Online   content
Expert

Originally Posted By: bluage
"Scott C" and Mr. Cordrey...

"If Now Was Then" is like a rock fever dream. It rolls in, and then out, like waves caught in a closed loop of rhythmic motion. And then, there's the poetry of the lyrics. They flash their hidden meanings like blinks of an eye at a burning sun. Listening to the song is like staring at a painting until it begins changing and morphing into one scene after another. It's a bit of an hallucinatory experience of words and sound that ends up feeling like it could go on, forever.

Entranced,

LOREN

Loren,
Your review made me smile as I certainly drew on some "halucinatory experience" writing the lyrics!
I appreciate the way you dive right into a song and express your impressions so vividly.

Robert

#448011 - 12/30/17 06:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: If Now Was Then [Re: 44kfl]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Cool collaboration

some very nice guitar

enjoyed the listen

Kenny

Thanks Kenny Thanks for checking out the song. Was fun working with Robert

#448175 - 12/31/17 05:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: If Now Was Then - Robert Cordrey Vocal and Lyrics [Re: bluage]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: bluage
"Scott C" and Mr. Cordrey...

"If Now Was Then" is like a rock fever dream. It rolls in, and then out, like waves caught in a closed loop of rhythmic motion. And then, there's the poetry of the lyrics. They flash their hidden meanings like blinks of an eye at a burning sun. Listening to the song is like staring at a painting until it begins changing and morphing into one scene after another. It's a bit of an hallucinatory experience of words and sound that ends up feeling like it could go on, forever.

Entranced,

LOREN

Thanks Loren for checking out the song. What a cool description of the lyrics. Robert can certainly turn a few words into a vivid visual journey...

#448228 - 12/31/17 10:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: If Now Was Then - Robert Cordrey Vocal and Lyrics [Re: Scott C]
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy
Excellent song and great guitar playing.

Super Canadian duo!!

Happy new year Scott.

Edited by Sergio Guarneri (12/31/17 10:24 AM)

Sergio

#448236 - 12/31/17 10:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: If Now Was Then - Robert Cordrey Vocal and Lyrics [Re: Scott C]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

This sounds great guys!

Wonderful job. Killer arrangement and an excellent song. A lot of work went into this one!!

Happy New year!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#448510 - 01/01/18 06:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: If Now Was Then - Robert Cordrey Vocal and Lyrics [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Scott/Robert, you guys produced a great sounding tune here! Scott, I liked how you moved the song to a heavier rock sound midway and the chord pattern is great! Robert's vocal lends itself well to this type of song! Excellent lyrics as always from you Robert! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks Torrey for checking out the song. Glad you liked it.. I agree I think Roberts vocal was perfect fit for the song...

#448609 - 01/02/18 09:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: If Now Was Then - Robert Cordrey Vocal and Lyrics [Re: Janice & Bud]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Yep, the floyd mentioned Starship vibe is definitely there. Janice mentioned that it felt as though it was from one of the Dunes series.

Forum collabs are a cool way to create a musical synthesis of different ideas and performances - this is a fine example of that.

Great performances and write y'all.

Went down nicely with the morning cup of joe!

J&B

PS: Catchy title/hook

Thanks for checking out the song. Glad you liked it

#448772 - 01/03/18 06:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: If Now Was Then - Robert Cordrey Vocal and Lyrics [Re: Scott C]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
A happy accidental find turns into a collaboration. That's a great mix and it worked wonderfully.

Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

#448824 - 01/03/18 09:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: If Now Was Then - Robert Cordrey Vocal and Lyrics [Re: BlueAttitude]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Nice one guys!

Great line!

Thanks Dave for checking out the song. I have really enjoyed these collaborations Hopefully we be able to take part in some more in 2018

#448855 - 01/03/18 12:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: If Now Was Then [Re: Scott C]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Scott and Robert !:))

This is absolutely
superb and original
in minor keys, which is
also understandable
taking the background
into consideration !

Cheers
Dani

#449009 - 01/04/18 07:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: If Now Was Then - Robert Cordrey Vocal and Lyrics [Re: tommyad]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Nice one guys!

Great line!

I agree with Dave. Some great lines lyrically and guitar wise. I like the repeating guitar signature. Good job to you both, Tom

Thanks Tom for checking out the song Glad you liked it

#449246 - 01/05/18 08:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: If Now Was Then - Robert Cordrey Vocal and Lyrics [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri
Excellent song and great guitar playing.

Super Canadian duo!!

Happy new year Scott.

Thanks Sergio for checking out the song. Happy New Year to you too.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Portuguese Edition for Windows® is Here!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=win&lang=pt

Nós ficamos ocupados e adicionamos mais de 50 novos recursos e uma incrível coleção de novos conteúdos, incluindo RealTracks, SuperTracks MIDI, Estudos Instrumentais, Loops, Performances de Artista, Presets de Amplitube e estilos associados, 12-Key RealTracks e Notação Hi-Q de Guitarra! Nós adicionamos 202 novos RealTracks, o dobro dos 101 que muitas vezes lançamos no passado! Agora, introduzindo o Video RealTracks (40 disponíveis entre Country, Pop e Jazz), que funcionam exatamente como o RealTracks, mas também incluem vídeos da performance do músico! Nós também fizemos um novo Xtra Styles PAK 4 com 160 novos Xtra Styles. (Xtra Styles são estilos baseados em RealTracks lançados anteriormente). Existem mais de 200 novos RealStyles para os nossos novos RealTracks, incluindo Americana, Klezmer, Top-40, Jazz Strings Pads, Vocals (oohs e aahs), New Crooner "Shout", estilos BigBand e muito mais! Nós temos um Bonus 49-PAK com 40 novos RealTracks inéditos além dos 202 acima, totalizando 242 novos RealTracks! O Bonus 49-PAK também inclui os Sets de Video RealTracks 1 e 2, 32 novos SuperTracks MIDI, 108 novos estudos instrumentais, 52 Loops e 8 Performances de artistas.

User Tip - Slowing Down and Looping Audio in Band-in-a-Box®

Forum user DeaconBlues09 created a video tutorial to help answer a fellow forum user's question:
Using the Audio Chord Wizard to tempo map, slow down, and learn the notes of an audio track - video link http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=R09Lf3bHjhQ

Forum thread: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=467504

Thanks for sharing!

#TBT - Band-in-a-Box® 2006 for Windows Ear Training Fun!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2006 for Windows we added two great games for ear training: Pitch Invasion and Music Replay!

Pitch Invasion helps to develop perfect pitch as you shoot down "alien" notes invading from above (you hear the note sound, and click on the on-screen piano/MIDI or QWERTY keyboard to shoot them down).

Music Replay develops your pitch, rhythm, and melody recognition by replaying what the program plays, in note, rhythm, or melodic modes.

These games can still be accessed with newer versions of the program - in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 you'll find these by accessing the Practice Window or Ear Training Window, both located in the Window drop-down menu. The Practice Window can also be accessed using the Practice button within the main Band-in-a-Box screen (don't see it? CTRL+T to change the view).

Learn all about the features released with Version 2006 here.

Video: Exporting Audio Files in Band-in-a-Box® 2018

Our latest video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows - Exporting Audio Files Tutorial walks you through the different options to export your Band-in-a-Box® songs and song tracks from Band-in-a-Box® as an audio file (WAV, MP3, etc.)!

http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=_Px958TmzhA

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Build 516 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box 2018 for Windows customer can download the latest free patch update here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#516

Summary of changes:
Improved: More RealTracks have HiQ transcriptions. Fixed Bass AmericanaSlow16thsByron bad chords.
Improved: The Audio Drivers dialog for WAS devices now shows Bit Depth in the device description.
Improved: WAS audio driver performance has been Improved when using 44.1 kHz sample rate.
Improved: Windows Audio Session error messages contain more specific information.
Updated: Misc. updates to StylePicker database, memos, manuals, help files.
Fixed: "BBW.LST not found" errors when using the Hybrid Style maker dialog.
Fixed: "mono" was being ignored when rendering a batch of songs to audio files.
Fixed: "normalize individual tracks" was only working for MIDI tracks.
Fixed: "One file per track" was being ignored when rendering a batch of songs to audio files.
Fixed: Access violation on bootup if using a Roland audio interface (ASIO) that is not connected.
Fixed: Adjusting Melody or Soloist tracks to fit a new number of choruses was not undo-able.
Fixed: An access violation error might occur in the RealTracks Picker if quickly scrolling and double-clicking to hear demos.
Fixed: Changing a track name using the StylePicker mixer controls might open a hidden popup window.
Fixed: Changing the number of choruses was not undo-able.
Fixed: Clicking on the far left of the Guitar window would cause a "!!!!!" flash message to show.
Fixed: If adjusting the number of choruses in your song, choosing Cancel is ignored when asked, "OK to adjust Melody track to fit new # of choruses?".
Fixed: JazzBebopDannyBrushes sometimes out of sync.
Fixed: Panning the audio track did not work.
Fixed: Some Amplitube presets/styles/demos pointed to a preset which wasn't available in some installs.
Fixed: Some typos and omissions in RealDrums Picker.
Fixed: The [.STY] button in the Hybrid Style maker dialog.
Fixed: The [Get Patch/Drum Kit Info] button in the MIDI drivers dialog would not find the synthesizer documentation.
Fixed: The About dialog was not showing the Fretlight Ready logo.
Fixed: The Audio Chord Wizard would always run in English.
Fixed: The busy mouse cursor might remain after analyzing audio with the Audio Chord Wizard.
Fixed: The PDF driver installer could not be launched from Band-in-a-Box.
Fixed: The Plugins window would be too small when using plugins that have a small GUI.
Fixed: Using a Coyote DXi synthesizer (eg CoyoteWT or ForteDXi) might cause crackling/buzzing noise during playback.
Fixed: Using a multi speaker layout (eg. 4 speakers surround sound) instead of stereo might cause failure to connect to audio hardware with error -9996. This only happened when using WAS as audio driver type.
Fixed: Video rendering would fail if saved using Japanese characters in file name.
Fixed: When saving a Hybrid style for the first time, the File Save dialog should start in the Styles directory.

PG Music Inc. Newsletter - Stay In-the-Loop!

Want to be notified when a new version of Band-in-a-Box®, PowerTracks, or other PG Music Inc. products are released? Sign up for the newsletter at http://www.pgmusic.com/newsletter.htm.

If you purchased Band-in-a-Box® (or any other PG Music Inc. product) directly from us, you're already on the list!

Of course, we also announce new releases and specials on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pgmusicinc/), Twitter account (https://twitter.com/BandinaBox), and right here in our Forums!

Amazing Band-in-a-Box User Comments!

Great program with lots of support through the publisher and after-market. Use it for teaching, practicing, and gigging.
-Andrew L.

I just got my 6th film placement on a song recorded entirely in Band-in-a-Box. You guys rock!
-Terry Fernihough (Band-in-a-Box Endorsing Artist!)

I love this program. I have only had it for around a month but it has made things a lot easier for me. I no longer have to scour the internet for backing tracks. I just plug in the chords I want to use, find the style I want and done. Saving me so much time and being able to transpose into different keys is awesome too.
As the days go on I will be delving deeper into what it can do, importing some of my backing tracks into Abelton 9 to play with and writing some songs.
Best money I have spent on something in while.
-Peter S.

I started using Band-in-a-Box around 1990. It was the DOS version naturally and I used one of those old portable computers with dual floppy drives and a built in 9" monochrome display. I connected midi cables to a great sounding Yamaha keyboard and played my music using midi tracks. I did a demo for a university music class that was a lot of fun. Wow, it is almost unimaginable to see where this product has elevated to today. I have upgraded many times over the past 28 years but each time I am even more amazed. Thank you PG Music for being such a major part of my love for music all of these years!!!
-Dwayne G.

Incredible Software. Great for ignorance and experts and for anyone who wants to deal with music. If you do not have a hobby and want to have one "band in a box" is the best choice. Simple, but if you want to be an expert on it, you need to make an effort to master it perfectly for perfect use. The only disadvantage is if you do not want to become a musician, and use it, you will become a perfect musician. Therefore, be cautious. It's not a toy.
-Ilija B.

I’ve been using it for about the same time (20 years). I’m a trumpet player and just really want some backing on lead sheets. With the Real Styles - it sounds fantastic! Takes just minutes to input chord changes and find the right style. There is so much you can do and I love having the Soloist features to really add color.
-Mike B.

Read even more great feedback here.

Forum Stats
27391 Members
50 Forums
51178 Topics
422675 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Gerold, gabant01, Dougster, Touré, lugolatino

27390 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)