#448263 - 12/31/17 01:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: This Far [Re: David Snyder]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
from bar harbour maine to this sun bleached key west bar
i never dreamed a heartache
could stretch this far

Great lines!!!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous mix Floyd.

Awesome man.

Happy New Year.

Thanks, buddy. ... Happy New Year!!!

#448320 - 12/31/17 07:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: This Far [Re: floyd jane]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
This is absolutely fantastic.

I don't know how you do it but you put out winner after winner.

All three of you should be extremely proud of this one.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - 2017 BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#448452 - 01/01/18 12:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: This Far [Re: Scott C]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Excellent tune. Loved the lyrics so much imagery. Super vocal. Guitar was excellent .

Thanks, Scott. That JazzRock8thsJon soloist RT is a really nice one - it gets a little busy sometimes, so I had to take out small bits to get what I needed, but I really like the results...

#448465 - 01/01/18 01:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: This Far [Re: floyd jane]
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
That JazzRock8thsJon soloist RT is a really nice one - it gets a little busy sometimes, so I had to take out small bits to get what I needed, but I really like the results...

I notice that with soloist guitars too. I'll keep the whole track when I take it to another DAW and just automate the volume areas where I want to use it. Otherwise, it does get busy leaving it on most of the song.

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 12.8, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win10, Dell Precision T5400, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 32 GB Memory, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Interface

#448553 - 01/02/18 12:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: This Far [Re: floyd jane]
Samuel Davis Offline
Apprentice

Another great song Floyd. I can realy relate to this song being a Florida native and dealing with many heart breaks through the years. I love break up songs. My wife gets mad at me because I write a ton of them even though we've been happily married for almost 6 years now. I giess after being broken so many times it's easier to write songs about pain than ones about joy. Anyways, great song. I cant wait to see what else you come up with in the new year.

www.sammycountry.com

#448588 - 01/02/18 06:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: This Far [Re: BlueAttitude]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
"i've lost track of the tears i've shed
god knows how many beers i've had trying to get you out of my head"

Great line! And a great song. Nice way to close out the year!

Thanks, Dave. Glad you like those lines...

#448741 - 01/03/18 03:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: This Far [Re: sslechta]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: sslechta
Not my genre but it was a very good production! Loved the chorus and of course the backup vocals to supplement yours.

Lyrics were written beautifully as well.

Steve - nice of you to drop by for a listen... you should post some of your stuff to give us a taste of what your genre might be... the more the merrier...

#448749 - 01/03/18 05:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: This Far [Re: Scott C]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Such a great write. Timeless. The story you tell, it's always been that way. The heartbreak, the runner trying to escape it, and the sad truth is your hero could have stopped at any bar along that 28 hour stretch of 1800 miles and been just as lost and lonely. Your story is a universal theme that will drive a person to drink and be an anonymous fixture in a crowded room. It's strange how two people can set beside each other and both be alone.

A top notch write, arrangement, mix, production and performance by all. The quintessential Floyd Jane song.

I could say "You Make It Look Easy" ....

Charlie

#448779 - 01/03/18 06:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: This Far [Re: floyd jane]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Floyd !:))

This is just great,
my new favourite of
your absolutely superb
tunes !:))

Cheers
Dani

Edited by dani48 (01/03/18 06:32 AM)

#448794 - 01/03/18 07:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: This Far [Re: floyd jane]
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Steve - nice of you to drop by for a listen... you should post some of your stuff to give us a taste of what your genre might be... the more the merrier...

Floyd, working on that. I've always been involved in assisting others recordings/mixes mostly since I've never really written for myself. Trying to change that this year and hope to have something out in the next months. I've just had a hard time with writing..... hence: Writing Melodies - For the Creativity Challenged in the Songwriting Forum.

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 12.8, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win10, Dell Precision T5400, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 32 GB Memory, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Interface

#448896 - 01/03/18 03:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: This Far [Re: Belladonna]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Love the visuals, some really great lines. Nice harmonies and upbeat melody. The song has a nice flow. Good job to all who participated.

Thanks, Donna - appreciate that..

#448897 - 01/03/18 03:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: This Far [Re: floyd jane]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Great stereo separation! Those drums really kick! (lol) I would like to know more about them.

This is a great write! I just love the lyrics, especially the chorus - super write.

Someone once said, "it's not the story told, but the telling of the story". And you have given new life to well covered lyrical territory.

And Janice and Bud have added wonderfully to the joy of the groove!

#449003 - 01/04/18 06:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: This Far [Re: floyd jane]
JoanneCooper Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Just super as per usual.

#449068 - 01/04/18 11:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: This Far [Re: floyd jane]
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Loc: -
Man, I always love your pacing. I always look at your lyrics as I hear the song for the first time. I'm am amazed at how many times the rhythms you pick are not in line with what I think they will be. For me, that's a REAL treat!

I have to say, I am a HUGE fan of how the song builds. It's powerful! The verse is great, the pre-chorus (if you call it that) is a nice step to the chorus...which then blows the roof off. It just soars in the best way.

Btw, this may be my favorite vocal from you. You sound great! I mean, I always think you are a really good singer, but "miles"...seriously nice tone my friend!

Now for another listen...

Thanks for sharing this!

#449158 - 01/04/18 08:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: This Far [Re: floyd jane]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Another exceptional delivery.

You really kicked-butt with this one. The build, the vocals (especially the vocals), the balance, that driving beat, absolutely everything about this is sensational.

You and the Merrit's nailed another one. No question.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 For Windows Build 509 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows customers can download this free patch update at http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#509

Summary of changes:
Added: The drop station has MP3 and WMAL (lossless WMA) quadrants added.
Fixed: "Drag Audio as MP3" setting in the Plugin settings did not work when dragging a file to Windows Explorer.
Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box Server was unable to communicate with BB2018.
Fixed: Choosing a drum kit file in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog would fail with error "Unable to install patch/drum map for...".
Fixed: Disabling "Include 2 bar lead-in" setting in the Render Song to Audio File dialog would cause videos to be out of sync.
Fixed: It was not possible to type the # sharp character into the chord sheet if using a French keyboard.
Fixed: Some Amplitube TGS files and styles were missing in certain installations.
Fixed: Song would stop playing at bar 8 after rendering to an audio file.
Fixed: The Practice Window songs would not load with error "This directory does not exist...".
Fixed: The Tip of the Day dialog was not displaying any tips.
Fixed: The Tuner, MIDI Monitor, and Drum Kit window were always displaying in English instead of the user's language.

Today is the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Special!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows special ends at 11:59 PST TONIGHT!
It's your last chance to order with some amazing upgrade pricing, Bonus PAKs, discounted Xtra Styles PAKs, and Video RealTracks bundles!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows purchase options: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Bonus PAKs information: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm

Video RealTracks offers: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Xtra Styles PAKs special pricing: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Xtra Styles PAKs - Order Now... Sale Ends January 15th!

Hurry... all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE, but only until January 15th! Purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=mac

The recently released Xtra Styles PAK 4 has over 150 new RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and 'Folk and Beyond' styles, which work with the RealTracks included in any Band-in-a-Box® version 2017 or higher UltraPAK/UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition!

Listen to all the demos of these new Xtra Styles here, or check out this video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=Zl_wr47d2V0

It's the LAST WEEKEND of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Special!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows special ends on January 15th... it's your last weekend to order with some amazing upgrade pricing, Bonus PAKs, discounted Xtra Styles PAKs, and Video RealTracks bundles!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows purchase options: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm
(learn more about the new features: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm)

Bonus PAKs information: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm

Video RealTracks offers: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Xtra Styles PAKs special pricing: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Bonus PAKs are Almost Gone!

Purchase your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows during our special, which ends on January 15th, and it will include a FREE BONUS PAK!* Time is running out...

You can also choose to upgrade your Free Bonus PAK to the 2018 49-PAK for an additional $49! This will and add Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band, ALL 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé. http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm#bonus49.

The Free Bonus PAK includes Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, 10 MIDI SuperTracks, 7 Instrumental Studies, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated Styles bonus and 52 Loops - learn more at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm.

*The $49 Pro Upgrade does not include the Free Bonus PAK, any RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks or other Add-ons.

Autumn Leaves Video Tutorial - Band-in-a-Box Backing Tracks!

Forum user Lot2Learn recently shared their Autumn Leaves - Jazz Piano Tutorial video to our I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube forum, it's approaching 1.7 million views!

Make sure you watch this incredible tutorial video! http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=stsBqdo9Svc

Songwriting Feedback - "Why This Forum Matters"

Our Forum is a great resource when you're wanting to discuss Band-in-a-Box (or other PG Music Inc. programs), but it's so much more!

In addition to the different sections we have for our products (Band-in-a-Box, RealBand, PowerTracks, and Other PG Music Programs), there are also places on our Forum to share your songs, YouTube videos, ask for tech help for problems not related to our software, "off topic" discussions, and more!

Forum user David Snyder shared his thoughts on Why This Forum Matters in his recent Songwriting post, which has some great feedback, including:

It occurred to me this morning that it is the group effort that counts. That is, one kind word about another member's song, one piece of encouragement or generous suggestion, might cause that person to write the greatest song ever written, which might then go on to have a massive impact on some stranger's life, cause someone to fall in love, or turn their life around, and literally change the course of history. Because songs do that.

OR, one kind word given to YOU might cause you to write the greatest song ever written in the coming year, and that song could go on to have an impact on untold thousands. Who knows! It happens all the time.

But the point is, it is not about any one of us, it is about all of us, the group.

Read through the whole conversation (and join in!): http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=447431

...and a big THANK YOU to David for sharing his thoughts!

Forum Stats
26941 Members
49 Forums
49644 Topics
406183 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
PhilS, San Antonio, MrRodger, mbb, TimN-MK

26941 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 321
VideoTrack 289