History in a song. Wonderful write.
Sorry I missed this one. Rob

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
Bud and Janice
This is really beautiful! I love all those old spirituals. Nice nice nice!

Thank you Joanne. Yes, they are a treasure trove!

J&B

rsdean #450103 01/09/18 07:31 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Janice & Bud,

What a great sound! Love the traditional feel of this one. Excellent pacing, vocal and mix.

Bob

Thanks Bob. It's great to see you around again!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Great one guys!! Not aware of the original but I'll have to check it out. This is a perfect arrangement, and Janice (Again) totally nails the vocal-BEAUTIFUL!! Some really interesting lyrics, and just a great vibe to the song. Loved it!! Take care. Greg

Thank you Greg. We had hoped that you would like this - particularly the lyric.

J&B

dani48 #450590 01/12/18 03:35 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Bud & Janice !:))

This is just phenomenal
and probably the all time
best you´ve done as far as
I am concerned !

What clarity in that
beautiful voice too !!!

Cheers
Dani

Thank you Dani. We appreciate you saying that about the vocal!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello, Janice & Bud

This is correctly one of the roots of your music.
I have never heard any version of this song, but I immediately understood that.
I entirely agree with Kenny.
Sounds great!!!
this song has a very charming quality
super vocal Janice, love the melody
nice mix, like the separation I'm hearing
instrument choices sound right on the money
love the new avatar,
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

All the best for 2018!

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Dear Ms. Janice & "Bud"...

I was raised as a "Catholic", but as a child in Chicago I spent a great deal of time in African-American churches of the Pentecostal, African Methodist, C.O.G.I.C. (Church of God In Christ) denominations and, let me tell you, the sound, the soul and the spirit of "I Am A Seeker" transported me back in time in a glorious way!

As I listened to Ms. Janice revealing her soul's desire to the good Lord, I recalled the sounds of hand-clapping, the richly harmonized call-and-response from the choir, the shouts of spirited affirmation from the congregation, and the minister's "Church say a-men? A-men, church, a-men, a-men, a-MEN! Praise gawd. P-r-a-i-s-e him", at song's end.

Your skillful editing (???) of the Real Tracks produced a simple, soothing and soulful accompaniment for Ms. Janice's testimonial.

I consider this as one of the best musical listening experiences I've had so far in this New Year of 2018, in or out of the User's Forum.

Sincerely,

LOREN

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Wow, talk about nailing a sound! That was just great. The feel is spot on, and I so get the influences you were referencing. Isn't the feel what this song is about? You can't fake that. You can't teach that. It's genuine...as it needs to be.

Janice's vocals. What could I possibly say that hasn't been said a hundred times...per song! I would have to lie and say it wasn't good or something. I guess, that wouldn't be a lie though would it? They're not good. They are outstanding...again...as always.

Now, I am a production junkie. I love how you can add, and add, and add to a song to make something that is so sonically interesting that there is always some ear candy to enjoy. I also equally love when someone has the insight to be able to do exactly AND only what is needed to support and give justice to the realism of a song. In short, to get out of the way, but perfectly support. That's what this production was. I could sit and listen to what WAS done and what WASN'T done (by intelligent choice) with total appreciation...and awe.

I am a seeker and found a great song smile

It’s difficult express how much a review like this means to us. We are but a few years into our new musical journey after leaving decades of playing and recording virtually nothing but traditional bluegrass. We always feel that we are still “winging” it with different genres, arrangements, etc. Your insightful and positive comments are supportive more than you could imagine.

Thank you!

J&B

Rob4580 #451633 01/16/18 04:30 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
History in a song. Wonderful write.
Sorry I missed this one. Rob

Thanks Rob...we’re really diggin’ your latest,

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Janice & Bud

This is correctly one of the roots of your music.
I have never heard any version of this song, but I immediately understood that.
I entirely agree with Kenny.
Sounds great!!!
this song has a very charming quality
super vocal Janice, love the melody
nice mix, like the separation I'm hearing
instrument choices sound right on the money
love the new avatar,
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

All the best for 2018!

Shigeki Adachi

Thank you very much Shigeki for the very nice review. Most people who have heard this song remember it from "I Am A Pilgrim" on the Byrd's "Sweetheart Of The Rodeo" album but there were much earlier versions. But they popularized it.

Thanks for listening and taking the time to write such kind words.

J&B

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hey Janice & Bud, thanks for sharing this! Marvelous piece and very easy to listen to as usual. Keep up the great work! smile

Cheers,
Joe
bluage #452098 01/18/18 01:47 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear Ms. Janice & "Bud"...

I was raised as a "Catholic", but as a child in Chicago I spent a great deal of time in African-American churches of the Pentecostal, African Methodist, C.O.G.I.C. (Church of God In Christ) denominations and, let me tell you, the sound, the soul and the spirit of "I Am A Seeker" transported me back in time in a glorious way!

As I listened to Ms. Janice revealing her soul's desire to the good Lord, I recalled the sounds of hand-clapping, the richly harmonized call-and-response from the choir, the shouts of spirited affirmation from the congregation, and the minister's "Church say a-men? A-men, church, a-men, a-men, a-MEN! Praise gawd. P-r-a-i-s-e him", at song's end.

Your skillful editing (???) of the Real Tracks produced a simple, soothing and soulful accompaniment for Ms. Janice's testimonial.

I consider this as one of the best musical listening experiences I've had so far in this New Year of 2018, in or out of the User's Forum.

Sincerely,

LOREN

Thank you so much Loren. Some of my (Bud) earlier musical memories are walking across a field from my grandmother’s house and listening to the singing from a small African-American church. I’d never heard anything like it and was mesmerized with the songs and the passion. We are so glad this reminded you of that feeling. I think that church lead me to my later love of the blues and R&B and about any singing of any genre that has soul. . Thanks for everything you said!!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janice and Bud,

This truly is a really....

As many others have already said, the clarity of this production sparkles with brilliance. Janice's vocals really shine. I agree with floyd when he spoke about how everything sits perfectly in the mix and each individual component complements the other components so incredibly well. I found that if I tuned my hearing in, I could listen to each instrument and isoloate it from the rest. To my way of thinking, this is not only a sign of a great mix but it's also a testament to Bud's ability to produce at the very highest of levels.

May 2018 bring lots of good fortune your way!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #452363 01/20/18 03:35 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Janice and Bud,

This truly is a really....

As many others have already said, the clarity of this production sparkles with brilliance. Janice's vocals really shine. I agree with floyd when he spoke about how everything sits perfectly in the mix and each individual component complements the other components so incredibly well. I found that if I tuned my hearing in, I could listen to each instrument and isoloate it from the rest. To my way of thinking, this is not only a sign of a great mix but it's also a testament to Bud's ability to produce at the very highest of levels.

May 2018 bring lots of good fortune your way!
Noel

Noel, thank you for your comments regarding the vocal and the mix. Often the simplest sounding mixes are the hardest to get “right.” Your description of it means a lot to us. And best 2018 wishes to you also.

J&B

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,497
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195