Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#447804 - 12/29/17 05:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Walk All The Way To The Moon [Re: tommyad]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Oh yeah!! We are down with the hint of early Skynrd - the good original band. This sounds like it would fit perfectly on any radio classic rock show. It’s that good.

As you responded to floyd...rock to blues to country. And you retain the goodness of them all.

Great write, vocal and signature TA production to top it all off.

J&B
J&B Website

#447901 - 12/29/17 02:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Walk All The Way To The Moon [Re: tommyad]
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Great rocker Tom.
Love the lyrics and the title and "save what's left of us".
Cheers.

#448132 - 12/30/17 06:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Walk All The Way To The Moon [Re: 44kfl]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Tom,

Great guitar driven sound- that chorus hook is so catchy and your vocal has just the right amount of attitude.
Loved this!

Robert
Robert, thanks for the nice review. Tom
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Great Sound

Rockin', I heard all the ones that Floyd mentioned, esp. that Skynyrd guitar crunch.

super mix,

enjoyed the listen!

Kenny
Glad you liked it. Thanks, Tom

#448365 - 01/01/18 05:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Walk All The Way To The Moon [Re: Charlie Fogle]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Cool tune. Some excellent chord progressions. I agree with Floyd. I grew up on the Guess Who and BTO and definitely has that vibe. Well done
Scott, Glad you came by. I appreciate your comments, Tom
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Enjoyed this one a lot. Another well written, arranged and performed masterpiece. Happy New Year.
Charlie, Happy New Year to you too. Thanks for all the nice things you say about my songs, Tom

#448413 - 01/01/18 08:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: Walk All The Way To The Moon [Re: tommyad]
eddie1261 Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Nice!! TURN IT UP!!!!

#448568 - 01/02/18 04:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Walk All The Way To The Moon [Re: Torrey Bliss]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: sslechta
Agree with the other posts on some of the bands this reminded me of.

I even got a "Hot Blooded - Foreigner" vibe on the verses a little bit.

I liked this a lot. Great work!
Steve, Thanks for giving it a spin. Tom
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Tom, you have ended 2017 with some smokin' hot stuff! Guitars sound very, very good on this! Just a great production all the way around! Good to hear a rocker from you 'cause you can get the job done! Thanks, Torrey
Torrey, Thank you for the kind words. Glad you liked it. Tom

#448630 - 01/02/18 11:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Walk All The Way To The Moon [Re: tommyad]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

The solo reminds me of Skinny Leonard. The chords in the verses reminded me a lot of Boston.

Really liked the riff based chorus.

Probably the best hard rock use of BB I recall hearing.

Nice work.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#448865 - 01/03/18 12:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Walk All The Way To The Moon [Re: BlueAttitude]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Rockin' man!!!

Happy New Year!
David, thanks and I can’t wait to hear what you come up with in the new year. Tom
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
YEAH!!!! Great hearing you rock out!

Guitars are perfect, as is the vocal. And the mix! Totally pro as usual.

Great song, better than most of the music I hear on my local rock radio station these days.
Dave, glad you liked it, Tom

#448889 - 01/03/18 02:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Walk All The Way To The Moon [Re: tommyad]
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
What a really great way to kick off the new year! This was such a rockin' song. laugh I really enjoy this one!

#448899 - 01/03/18 03:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Walk All The Way To The Moon [Re: tommyad]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Sweet groove! Excellent production and performance. Love the power chords.

Great composition.

#448919 - 01/03/18 04:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Walk All The Way To The Moon [Re: tommyad]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I agree with everything that has been said thus far.

I will add great chops man!

Two thumbs up!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - 2017 BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#449083 - 01/04/18 12:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Walk All The Way To The Moon [Re: tommyad]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Tommy !:))

What a superb ROCKER !
You have a voice that
goes very well with
good ol´rock´n roll and
I like it !

A Happy New Year to you too !!!

Cheers
Dani

#449155 - 01/04/18 08:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: Walk All The Way To The Moon [Re: tommyad]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
I could have been listening to Bryan Adams here.

Great driving rock beat. Plenty to like about this song.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#449338 - 01/05/18 02:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Walk All The Way To The Moon [Re: eddie1261]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Oh yeah!! We are down with the hint of early Skynrd - the good original band. This sounds like it would fit perfectly on any radio classic rock show. It’s that good.

As you responded to floyd...rock to blues to country. And you retain the goodness of them all.

Great write, vocal and signature TA production to top it all off.

J&B
J&B, thanks for the nice review. Tom
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Great rocker Tom.
Love the lyrics and the title and "save what's left of us".
Cheers.
Richard, glad you mentioned the lyrics. It got a little out there but I went with it. Thanks, Tom
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Nice!! TURN IT UP!!!!
Eddie, this was one of those that takes on a little something extra when it’s cranked. Thanks, Tom

#449472 - 01/06/18 07:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Walk All The Way To The Moon [Re: tommyad]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Tom,

A great original sound! I really love the way this one feels - the vocal is outstanding and the band is tight. Excellent all around!

Bob

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Feedback - The Way I Use Band-in-a-Box and How It Changed My Music Career

Thank you to forum user Torrey Bliss for their amazing feedback, The way I use Band In A Box and how it changed my music career!

"I wanted to put up a post about how I got started using Band In A Box in order to help someone who is just getting started using the program to be be able to see the potential uses of BIAB for a musician and explain my procedure when composing a song.

I began using BIAB about 10 years ago after seeing some things online about the program and thought it might work for me. I had just accepted a staff position as a worship leader at a medium size church (250-300 people) and had been put in charge of all music. The problem I immediately encountered was that there were no available musicians to help me. This is where BIAB saved the day. I was able to quickly construct many professional sounding songs that I would be able to use in the services and play my guitar or keyboards along with and provide an excellent set of music for our church to sing along with..."

Read through the entire post to learn Torrey's procedure, and add your own feedback!
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=452394

Song Titles Browser Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

In 2016, we added the Song Title Browser feature to the StylePicker within Band-in-a-Box, which filters the styles listed using your criteria: familiar song title, artist name, genre type.... with Version 2018 we made it even better!

We've added 2,000 new song titles, the option to filter the lists, added subgenres, and more! Visit http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm to see all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows.

YouTube Find - Triste - Hammond Organ + Band-in-a-Box®

Our latest search of "Band-in-a-Box" on YouTube has delivered some great videos, including this one by YouTube user Keith Horton!

YouTube Video - Triste - Hammond Organ + Band In A Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Features a Cleaned-up BB Folder

If you've used previous versions of Band-in-a-Box®, you may have noticed a lot of different files and folders within the "BB" folder for the program - after years and years of development there are up to 10,000 files for an UltraPAK! With Version 2018, we've cleaned it up - but you're not losing anything - the cleanup normally happens automatically during installation, but you can run it manually if you'd like - just select the main menu Help | Utilities | Run Cleanup routine...

Review all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Introducing... RealTracks Artist Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson

One of our just-released RealTracks Sets features the award winning harmonica player Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson!
RealTracks Set 283: Jelly-Roll Country Harmonica

Add his harmonica playing to your Band-in-a-Box song for that soulful feel that cannot be matched!

Learn more about "Jelly Roll" Johnson and listen to demos of his RealTracks when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio page.

Beginners Forum - Exporting from Band-in-a-Box® to a .MID File

Our Forum is amazing - an online community full of helpful program users, BETA testers, endorsers, and staff!

We include a Beginners Forum, which is a great place for Band-in-a-Box beginners to visit for discussions & resources!

This week included a very active post, Exporting from Band-in-a-Box to a .MID file. Visit this post to learn more about exporting RealTracks as .MID files, and see our friendly forum users at work!

Introducing... RealTracks Artist Colin Linden!

Have you heard the newest Guitar RealTracks from Colin Linden? You can find his RealTracks with:
RealTracks Set 279: Americana: Slow Groovin' 12-8 & 16ths
RealTracks Set 280: Americana: Gritty Blues & Rockabilly Swing
RealTracks Set 287: Pop Songwriter: Acoustic Guitar
RealTracks Set 299: Rootsy Blues Guitar & Piano

Learn more about Colin and listen to demos of his RealTracks when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio.

Forum Stats
26979 Members
49 Forums
49760 Topics
407486 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Anxing, robertgalp, sheski1, Frank Levingston, prasopal666

26979 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 409
Matt Finley 284