Index
#448574 - 01/02/18 05:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: MarioD]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Wow!!!

What a great sound, a great recording, and a great mix.

Love it!

Happy New Year Y'all!

Exactly what I was going to say!

This is fantastic.

Thanks Mario. Best to you and yours this year.
J&B Website

#448586 - 01/02/18 06:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Janice & Bud]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Janice & Bud...

The clarity in this is stunning. Each instrument and vocal sitting perfectly against each other. At any one time the ears hear the bass, the mandolin, the acoustic guitar "doing their thing" AND perfectly supporting the vocal.

And what a gorgeous vocal it is. One of the best recorded vocals that has ever been posted here. I think.

Your re-write/addition - excellent.

Y'all are at the top of your game. Lucky us to be able to share that...

fj

#448660 - 01/02/18 01:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
J&B, beautiful song! The new verse fits like a glove! Janice's vocal is so pleasant to listen to and it carries the song so well that there is no need for any backing vocal accompaniment! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks Torrey. We're glad you like the minimalist arrangement!

J&B
J&B Website

#448757 - 01/03/18 05:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Janice & Bud]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Gillian Welch, Allison Krauss, Rhonda Vincent, Janice Merritt....

Yep, she belongs right there with the greats.....

Stunning recording.

Bud, the stars aligned when they placed Janice's talent in your production hands. I don't think its the software Bud. You have what it takes hands down. (pun intended) ;=)

You don't often hear this specific type song end using a fade out but it works and adds that bit of modern and unique personal touch to the song to make it your own.

Superb on every level.

Charlie

#448793 - 01/03/18 07:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: ROG]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi there J&B.

A faultless backing track and mix, which serves as the perfect platform for Janice
to leave me spell-bound as usual.

What else is there to say?

ROG.

We appreciate that Rog! Those three backing tracks proved to be more of a challenge than I anticipated. Glad they worked for you.

J&B
J&B Website

#448807 - 01/03/18 08:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Janice & Bud]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi Janice&bud awesome job perfect vocal mix great production thanks eric

#448864 - 01/03/18 12:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Janice & Bud]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
J&B, this is another in a long line of great vocals. The mix is crystal clear and the instruments are placed perfectly. The added verse is just right. Absolutely top shelf from the song picked to the finished product. Tom

#448902 - 01/03/18 03:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Janice & Bud]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Wow! The vocals really cut through fabulously! Great performance, mix and production!

Wonderful song!

#448928 - 01/03/18 05:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Robertkc]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
J&B,

Your lyrical changes give the song a more uplifting feel (particularly liked the change from "wearsome" to "wondrous land").
Lovely crystal clear mix ... and then there`s Janice singing the tune to make us forget anyone else ever did!

Robert

Thanks for checking out the changes Robert. That was most thoughtful of you. And we’re delighted that you liked them. Thanks for mentioning the mix and Janice’s vocal. She was very happy when reading it.

J&B
J&B Website

#449000 - 01/04/18 06:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: PeterF]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Janice & Bud

Lovely. Simple but extremely effective backing - sounds crisp and professional and compliments Janice's performance. Liked the lyrical touches the dial twiddling and of course the vocal - could almost hear a choir singing along.

Peter

Thanks Peter. Sometimes less is indeed more...but I’m never sure so your comments are very supportive of the effort.

J&B
J&B Website

#449001 - 01/04/18 06:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Janice & Bud]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Bud and Janice
This is really beautiful! I love all those old spirituals. Nice nice nice!

#449060 - 01/04/18 11:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: floyd jane]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Janice & Bud...

The clarity in this is stunning. Each instrument and vocal sitting perfectly against each other. At any one time the ears hear the bass, the mandolin, the acoustic guitar "doing their thing" AND perfectly supporting the vocal.

And what a gorgeous vocal it is. One of the best recorded vocals that has ever been posted here. I think.

Your re-write/addition - excellent.

Y'all are at the top of your game. Lucky us to be able to share that...

fj

Thanks so much for that review! I (Bud) spent considerable time comping bars that I thought supported the vocal and it is very cool that you felt it worked. And, we are both delighted that the "stacked tracks" on the vocal sounded good to you.

Thanks again!

J&B
J&B Website

#449213 - 01/05/18 04:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Gillian Welch, Allison Krauss, Rhonda Vincent, Janice Merritt....

Yep, she belongs right there with the greats.....

Stunning recording.

Bud, the stars aligned when they placed Janice's talent in your production hands. I don't think its the software Bud. You have what it takes hands down. (pun intended) ;=)

You don't often hear this specific type song end using a fade out but it works and adds that bit of modern and unique personal touch to the song to make it your own.

Superb on every level.

Charlie

Charlie, the stars, the moons, the galaxies and the planets all aligned when I met Janice 40 years ago! Thank you for the kind and supportive words and I appreciate you mentioning the fade. I tried to time it to not distract. Glad you liked it.

J&B
J&B Website

#449386 - 01/05/18 05:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: F.M.M.]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi Janice&bud awesome job perfect vocal mix great production thanks eric

We appreciate it Eric!

J&B
J&B Website

#449471 - 01/06/18 07:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Janice & Bud]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Janice & Bud,

What a great sound! Love the traditional feel of this one. Excellent pacing, vocal and mix.

Bob

#449521 - 01/06/18 11:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Janice & Bud]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Great one guys!! Not aware of the original but I'll have to check it out. This is a perfect arrangement, and Janice (Again) totally nails the vocal-BEAUTIFUL!! Some really interesting lyrics, and just a great vibe to the song. Loved it!! Take care. Greg

#449586 - 01/06/18 03:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: tommyad]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
J&B, this is another in a long line of great vocals. The mix is crystal clear and the instruments are placed perfectly. The added verse is just right. Absolutely top shelf from the song picked to the finished product. Tom

Thank you Tom. Praise from you regarding a mix is golden! We appreciate it.

J&B
J&B Website

#449592 - 01/06/18 04:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Janice & Bud]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Bud & Janice !:))

This is just phenomenal
and probably the all time
best you´ve done as far as
I am concerned !

What clarity in that
beautiful voice too !!!

Cheers
Dani

#449668 - 01/07/18 05:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: gruverider]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: gruverider
Wow! The vocals really cut through fabulously! Great performance, mix and production!

Wonderful song!

We had hoped to do well with everything you mentioned. Your thoughts on it are most supportive and appreciate!

J&B
J&B Website

#449787 - 01/07/18 02:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Janice & Bud]
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Loc: -
Wow, talk about nailing a sound! That was just great. The feel is spot on, and I so get the influences you were referencing. Isn't the feel what this song is about? You can't fake that. You can't teach that. It's genuine...as it needs to be.

Janice's vocals. What could I possibly say that hasn't been said a hundred times...per song! I would have to lie and say it wasn't good or something. I guess, that wouldn't be a lie though would it? They're not good. They are outstanding...again...as always.

Now, I am a production junkie. I love how you can add, and add, and add to a song to make something that is so sonically interesting that there is always some ear candy to enjoy. I also equally love when someone has the insight to be able to do exactly AND only what is needed to support and give justice to the realism of a song. In short, to get out of the way, but perfectly support. That's what this production was. I could sit and listen to what WAS done and what WASN'T done (by intelligent choice) with total appreciation...and awe.

I am a seeker and found a great song smile

Edited by HearToLearn (01/07/18 02:43 PM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Build 263 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 for Mac users can download the latest free patch update, Build 263, here.

Summary of changes for Version 2018 Build 263 (July 20, 2018):
Added: Help Video button added to the Audio Harmony dialog.
Added: Menu items added for opening an entire Karaoke file.
Added: Menu items added for opening an entire MIDI file.
Added: Support added for features that some newer styles will require.
Fixed: Audio harmonies would be generated with the wrong notes if selecting a range of audio in the middle of the track.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash or freeze when using adding UserTracks and pressing Play.
Fixed: Bar lines would not display properly in the Audio Edit window if launching through the menu item "Audio Chord Wizard (Audio Edit)".
Fixed: 'Multi' and 'Medley' RealTracks were not displaying proper track titles.
Fixed: Playback might cause a crash after editing multi-drums.
Fixed: Some AU plugins might cause a crash during playback.
Fixed: The 'A number is out of range' error message should mention the number that the user entered for clarity.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog needed some hints.
Fixed: The Ghost button in the Piano Roll window could not be disabled.
Fixed: The Notation Window would not redraw properly after exiting the Import Chords dialog.
Fixed: The Preferences 2 dialog might not exit using [OK] without an 'A number is out of range' error message.
Improved: The Audio Harmony Dialog has been rearranged to be more intuitive when using Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Improved: XML improvements.

Video - Unboxing Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac is currently only available in English, but that didn't stop this Danish company, www.guitaren.dk/, from creating an unboxing video!

Video - Unboxing af Band In A Box 2018 Mac version

They love that Band-in-a-Box® is so portable when you order the UltraPAK pre-installed on a hard drive!
(...and so do we!!!)

YouTube Find - How I Learned To Play Guitar Without YouTube And NO GUITAR TEACHER

EricBlackmonGuitar recently posted a great video (using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks...) called How I Learned To Play Guitar Without YouTube And NO GUITAR TEACHER - check it out! Click here to watch...

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Resource - Individual New Features Videos

The December release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows added 50+ new features and enhancements, Video RealTracks, 202 new RealTracks, and more!

Here is a summary of the videos created to highlight the new additions and features:
(click on the title to play the video)

- Everything you need to know in under 6 minutes!
- Complete New Features Video
- 2018 Audio Chord Wizard
- Vocal Oohs and Aahs
- Video RealTracks
- 202 NEW RealTracks
- 40 Bonus RealTracks in the 2018 49-PAK

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Build 520 Available!

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 for Windows users can download the latest free patch update, Build 250, here.

Summary of changes for Build 520 since 519 (July 17 2018):
Added: Save As style feature has support for MIDI velocity changes if volumes aren’t 90 on mixer when saved.
Added: Support for MIDI velocity changes in styles. Use the Misc-More dialog in StyleMaker to set velocity changes in MIDI styles.
Fixed: [Style Memos etc] button was not visible in the Style Editor -> Misc dialog.
Fixed: Bar lines would not display properly in the Audio Edit window if launching through the menu item "Audio Chord Wizard (Audio Edit)".
Fixed: Hitting the Return key while in the Audio Edit window might trigger Loop Screen mode.
Updated: PDF Manual and Help.

User Blog - Recording and Processing Vocals Using RealBand...

Joanne Cooper's latest blog post is a "start to finish" of how she records and processes vocals for her songs using her three "go-to" programs: RealBand, Melodyne, and Nectar from Izotope (with a little help from Band-in-a-Box...)!

Check out this blog post here.

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Forum Stats
27733 Members
50 Forums
52678 Topics
436699 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
aidmeng, rlm, countbasil, beatleboy, Wan

27732 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 174
Al-David 159