Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#448371 - 01/01/18 06:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Janice & Bud]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
J&B, beautiful song! The new verse fits like a glove! Janice's vocal is so pleasant to listen to and it carries the song so well that there is no need for any backing vocal accompaniment! Thanks, Torrey
https://torreybliss.hearnow.com/

#448416 - 01/01/18 08:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Janice & Bud]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi there J&B.

A faultless backing track and mix, which serves as the perfect platform for Janice
to leave me spell-bound as usual.

What else is there to say?

ROG.

#448497 - 01/01/18 05:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Janice & Bud]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Wow!!!

What a great sound, a great recording, and a great mix.

Love it!

Happy New Year Y'all!

Thanks David and back to you with new year thang!
J&B Website

#448501 - 01/01/18 05:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Janice & Bud]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

J&B,

Your lyrical changes give the song a more uplifting feel (particularly liked the change from "wearsome" to "wondrous land").
Lovely crystal clear mix ... and then there`s Janice singing the tune to make us forget anyone else ever did!

Robert

#448525 - 01/01/18 07:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Janice & Bud]
PeterF Offline
Expert

Loc: Sydney Australia
Janice & Bud

Lovely. Simple but extremely effective backing - sounds crisp and professional and compliments Janice's performance. Liked the lyrical touches the dial twiddling and of course the vocal - could almost hear a choir singing along.

Peter

Edited by PeterF (01/01/18 07:35 PM)

#448574 - 01/02/18 05:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: MarioD]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Wow!!!

What a great sound, a great recording, and a great mix.

Love it!

Happy New Year Y'all!

Exactly what I was going to say!

This is fantastic.

Thanks Mario. Best to you and yours this year.
J&B Website

#448586 - 01/02/18 06:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Janice & Bud]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Janice & Bud...

The clarity in this is stunning. Each instrument and vocal sitting perfectly against each other. At any one time the ears hear the bass, the mandolin, the acoustic guitar "doing their thing" AND perfectly supporting the vocal.

And what a gorgeous vocal it is. One of the best recorded vocals that has ever been posted here. I think.

Your re-write/addition - excellent.

Y'all are at the top of your game. Lucky us to be able to share that...

fj

#448660 - 01/02/18 01:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
J&B, beautiful song! The new verse fits like a glove! Janice's vocal is so pleasant to listen to and it carries the song so well that there is no need for any backing vocal accompaniment! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks Torrey. We're glad you like the minimalist arrangement!

J&B
J&B Website

#448757 - 01/03/18 05:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Janice & Bud]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Gillian Welch, Allison Krauss, Rhonda Vincent, Janice Merritt....

Yep, she belongs right there with the greats.....

Stunning recording.

Bud, the stars aligned when they placed Janice's talent in your production hands. I don't think its the software Bud. You have what it takes hands down. (pun intended) ;=)

You don't often hear this specific type song end using a fade out but it works and adds that bit of modern and unique personal touch to the song to make it your own.

Superb on every level.

Charlie

#448793 - 01/03/18 07:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: ROG]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi there J&B.

A faultless backing track and mix, which serves as the perfect platform for Janice
to leave me spell-bound as usual.

What else is there to say?

ROG.

We appreciate that Rog! Those three backing tracks proved to be more of a challenge than I anticipated. Glad they worked for you.

J&B
J&B Website

#448807 - 01/03/18 08:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Janice & Bud]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi Janice&bud awesome job perfect vocal mix great production thanks eric

#448864 - 01/03/18 12:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Janice & Bud]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
J&B, this is another in a long line of great vocals. The mix is crystal clear and the instruments are placed perfectly. The added verse is just right. Absolutely top shelf from the song picked to the finished product. Tom

#448902 - 01/03/18 03:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Janice & Bud]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Wow! The vocals really cut through fabulously! Great performance, mix and production!

Wonderful song!

#448928 - 01/03/18 05:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: Robertkc]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
J&B,

Your lyrical changes give the song a more uplifting feel (particularly liked the change from "wearsome" to "wondrous land").
Lovely crystal clear mix ... and then there`s Janice singing the tune to make us forget anyone else ever did!

Robert

Thanks for checking out the changes Robert. That was most thoughtful of you. And we’re delighted that you liked them. Thanks for mentioning the mix and Janice’s vocal. She was very happy when reading it.

J&B
J&B Website

#449000 - 01/04/18 06:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Am A Seeker [Re: PeterF]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Janice & Bud

Lovely. Simple but extremely effective backing - sounds crisp and professional and compliments Janice's performance. Liked the lyrical touches the dial twiddling and of course the vocal - could almost hear a choir singing along.

Peter

Thanks Peter. Sometimes less is indeed more...but I’m never sure so your comments are very supportive of the effort.

J&B
J&B Website

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Beginners Forum - Exporting from Band-in-a-Box® to a .MID File

Our Forum is amazing - an online community full of helpful program users, BETA testers, endorsers, and staff!

We include a Beginners Forum, which is a great place for Band-in-a-Box beginners to visit for discussions & resources!

This week included a very active post, Exporting from Band-in-a-Box to a .MID file. Visit this post to learn more about exporting RealTracks as .MID files, and see our friendly forum users at work!

Introducing... RealTracks Artist Colin Linden!

Have you heard the newest Guitar RealTracks from Colin Linden? You can find his RealTracks with:
RealTracks Set 279: Americana: Slow Groovin' 12-8 & 16ths
RealTracks Set 280: Americana: Gritty Blues & Rockabilly Swing
RealTracks Set 287: Pop Songwriter: Acoustic Guitar
RealTracks Set 299: Rootsy Blues Guitar & Piano

Learn more about Colin and listen to demos of his RealTracks when you visit his RealTracks Artist Bio.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK with 40 Unreleased RealTracks!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK is still available, and includes 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band, 32 MIDI SuperTracks, 108 Instrumental Studies, Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated Styles, and 52 Loops!

Add this to your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase for just $49! Purchasing an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition? As of January 16th, the 49-PAK is included in your purchase (uncompressed RealTracks files for the Audiophile too)!

Learn more about the 49-PAK and listen to demos at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 For Windows Build 509 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows customers can download this free patch update at http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#509

Summary of changes:
Added: The drop station has MP3 and WMAL (lossless WMA) quadrants added.
Fixed: "Drag Audio as MP3" setting in the Plugin settings did not work when dragging a file to Windows Explorer.
Fixed: "Pause Play until MIDI or key received" setting did not work if using WAS audio drivers.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box Server was unable to communicate with BB2018.
Fixed: Choosing a drum kit file in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog would fail with error "Unable to install patch/drum map for...".
Fixed: Disabling "Include 2 bar lead-in" setting in the Render Song to Audio File dialog would cause videos to be out of sync.
Fixed: It was not possible to type the # sharp character into the chord sheet if using a French keyboard.
Fixed: Some Amplitube TGS files and styles were missing in certain installations.
Fixed: Song would stop playing at bar 8 after rendering to an audio file.
Fixed: The Practice Window songs would not load with error "This directory does not exist...".
Fixed: The Tip of the Day dialog was not displaying any tips.
Fixed: The Tuner, MIDI Monitor, and Drum Kit window were always displaying in English instead of the user's language.

Today is the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Special!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows special ends at 11:59 PST TONIGHT!
It's your last chance to order with some amazing upgrade pricing, Bonus PAKs, discounted Xtra Styles PAKs, and Video RealTracks bundles!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows purchase options: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Bonus PAKs information: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm

Video RealTracks offers: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Xtra Styles PAKs special pricing: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Xtra Styles PAKs - Order Now... Sale Ends January 15th!

Hurry... all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE, but only until January 15th! Purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=mac

The recently released Xtra Styles PAK 4 has over 150 new RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and 'Folk and Beyond' styles, which work with the RealTracks included in any Band-in-a-Box® version 2017 or higher UltraPAK/UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition!

Listen to all the demos of these new Xtra Styles here, or check out this video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=Zl_wr47d2V0

It's the LAST WEEKEND of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Special!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows special ends on January 15th... it's your last weekend to order with some amazing upgrade pricing, Bonus PAKs, discounted Xtra Styles PAKs, and Video RealTracks bundles!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows purchase options: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm
(learn more about the new features: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm)

Bonus PAKs information: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2018.htm

Video RealTracks offers: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm

Xtra Styles PAKs special pricing: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Forum Stats
26951 Members
49 Forums
49672 Topics
406530 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
blabrake, Bob McSwain, Mycroft, Neal, producerjayyang

26950 Registered Users