You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#448828 - 01/03/18 10:00 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Impossible to enter chords the usual way in BIAB 2018
didier Offline

Loc: France
Hello ! I am practicing on BIAB 2017 which I have just received and I discover that I am not able to enter chords symbols like in my former version (BIAB 2014) : the computer keyboard is not working like usual when I need to enter for exemple a Db7(#9). The D works but not the upper range of the keyboard with the numbers and # on the 3 key. The b appears only when I pass to the next cell. And no more D Alt. But the numeral keyboard is working. And what is strange is that everything works fine when I open my previous 2014 version.
Precision : I am in europe with an azerty keyboard and it never caused me that kind of problem since I used BIAB (from many years).
I someone has an idea I would be grateful !
Happy new year anyway.

#448831 - 01/03/18 10:11 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Impossible to enter chords the usual way in BIAB 2018 [Re: didier]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
I understand your question but have no knowledge of keyboards outside the USA. PG Music Support should know, or maybe try asking in the French user forum here.

One thing though: you said D alt is not supported. I don't think that ever worked; it has to be D7alt.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#448843 - 01/03/18 11:36 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Impossible to enter chords the usual way in BIAB 2018 [Re: didier]
John-Luke Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: didier
Hello ! I am practicing on BIAB 2017 which I have just received

Didier,
Je vais répondre en anglais mais tu peux aussi fréquenter le forum français.

You probably mean BIAB2018 rather BIAB 2017.
Anyway, with the azerty keyboard, I confirm your issue.
We are unable to use the # char, nor the ( or the ) chars's, only the b is accepted.
So we can't insert manually a F# or a Db7(b9) chord.

I forward your issue to the developpers.

#448867 - 01/03/18 01:12 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Impossible to enter chords the usual way in BIAB 2018 [Re: Matt Finley]
didier Offline

Yes you are right I mean D7 Alt.

#448869 - 01/03/18 01:22 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Impossible to enter chords the usual way in BIAB 2018 [Re: John-Luke]
didier Offline

Ok thank you for your answer John-Luke. Yes I meant BIAB 2018. It's incredible ! I would never imagine PG Music could do such a mistake. I used the soft for so many years without a single problem...Hope they will fix it quickly because I shall have to create next new songs on BIAB 2014.
Je vais faire tout de suite un tour sur le forum français.
Merci et à bientôt !

#448884 - 01/03/18 02:19 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Impossible to enter chords the usual way in BIAB 2018 [Re: didier]
Blake Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Thanks, this will be fixed in the next update. Until it is fixed, a work-around is to use the 3 key on your number-pad to get the # symbol.

PG Music Inc.

#449207 - 01/05/18 04:03 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Impossible to enter chords the usual way in BIAB 2018 [Re: Blake]
Daniel Donval Offline
expert

Loc: Brittany (FRANCE)
..... in fact, everything works fine by putting the AZERTY keyboard in uppercase position. (for info: it works also in lowercase position at the exception of the # character which was not recognized).

Daniel (french translator)

#449218 - 01/05/18 05:16 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Impossible to enter chords the usual way in BIAB 2018 [Re: didier]
Vincente Offline
Enthusiast

Suggest for UI improvement:

Why don't PG add a popup screen when user right click the mouse to show the chords. User can select the chord from the popup screen ?
(edited, correct typo)

Edited by VinhSon (01/05/18 09:37 AM)

#449220 - 01/05/18 05:44 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Impossible to enter chords the usual way in BIAB 2018 [Re: Vincente]
DeaconBlues09 Online   content
Apprentice

Loc: Merkaz, Israel
Originally Posted By: VinhSon
Suggest for UI improvement:

Why don't PG add a popup screen when user right click the mouse to show the accords. User can select the accord from the popup screen ?

+1,000!

#449238 - 01/05/18 07:34 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Impossible to enter chords the usual way in BIAB 2018 [Re: didier]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
I thought that's what the Chord Builder already screen does. It lets you create the chord you want, then click on "Enter Chord" and it puts it in the cell at the specified bar and beat. You can also listen to the chord to hear what it sounds like before entering it.

Click on the cell you want to enter chords for, then click on the "Chord Builder" button in the toolbar to access it.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#449265 - 01/05/18 09:40 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Impossible to enter chords the usual way in BIAB 2018 [Re: jford]
Vincente Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks, Jford

I'll try the chord builder tonight.

Why don't just select the cell, then right mouse click to call/access the Chord Builder ?

Edited by VinhSon (01/05/18 09:45 AM)

#449272 - 01/05/18 10:26 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Impossible to enter chords the usual way in BIAB 2018 [Re: Vincente]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted By: VinhSon
Why don't just select the cell, then right mouse click to call/access the Chord Builder ?

That's exactly how the Chord Builder is accessed.
You can also choose keyboard shortcut <Ctrl> <Shift> B

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

PG Music News
Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Musician Brent Mason in the Studio Recording RealTracks!

Before leaving Nashville, Tobin caught up with Brent Mason recording some future RealTracks in the studio.

We can't wait to hear them!

Video - Adding RealTracks to Your Band-in-a-Box® Song

There are 300 RealTracks Sets available (over 2,500 RealTracks!), and here at PG Music we have this to say about them: You'll want to use RealTracks in all of your projects... and you can!

But what if you're not sure how to add them to your Band-in-a-Box® song? We have a video for that! Click here to watch...

Save Notation Window as a Video with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Did you know... Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac allows you to save the Notation Window as a video? What a great way to share your songs with users, and LEARN from the notation as you listen!

From the program manual:
[Save As] | Save as video
-In the Make Notation Video dialog, select a track at the upper left corner. (Note: The dialog title says “Make Chord Sheet Video” until you select a track.)
-You can also set the dimension (width/height) of the video and select the number of frames per second and a specific codec.
-Press the [OK - Render Video] button to start rendering the video. When the video has been created, press the [Show Video File] button.
-You can then double click on the file to watch the rendered video.

Note: A special use of this feature is to combine a Video RealTracks (new with version 2018) with the corresponding notation in a single video. This creates an educational video, which shows the actual performance with notation/tab, playing over your chord progression! To do this, right-click on the Master button or one of the track buttons at the top of the main screen and select Render Video(s) from the menu.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Resource - Individual New Features Videos

The release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac added 50+ new features and enhancements, Video RealTracks, 202 new RealTracks, and more!

Here is a summary of the videos created to highlight the new additions and features:
(click on the title to play the video)
-Everything you need to know in under 5 minutes!
-Complete New Features Video
-2018 Audio Chord Wizard
-Piano Roll Window
-Vocal Ooh & Aahs
-Audio Harmonies
-Video RealTracks
-202 NEW RealTracks
-40 Bonus RealTracks in the 2018 49-PAK

Summer NAMM 2018 Shout Out!

We were just down in Nashville for the 2018 Summer NAMM show. We were especially excited to attend this trade show as we've had a number or musicians record RealTracks for us in Nashville, and we hoped to meet them in person!

Click here to see everyone who stopped by!

From left to right:

RealTracks Producer Mike Harrison, PG Music's own Tobin Frank, and RealTracks Artist Wanda Vick
RealTracks Artist Eddy Dunlap & Tobin
Tobin with RealTracks Artist Brent Mason
RealTracks Artists Dave Cleveland and Darin Favorite with Mike and Tobin
Tobin with Brent Mason, Mike Harris, and Darin Favorite
Mike & RealTracks Artist Jelly Roll Johnson
Tobin & RealTracks Artist Jason Roller
Tobin with RealTracks Artist Tony King
Band-in-a-Box Endorser Bobby Cochran with Tobin & Mike

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. It was so great to meet everyone!!

Forum Stats
27716 Members
50 Forums
52594 Topics
435911 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
jigelaz, gerry logan, jack homburg, perljazz, dreamoutlaw

27715 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 155
Noel96 153