BlueAttitude #448588 01/02/18 04:27 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
"i've lost track of the tears i've shed
god knows how many beers i've had trying to get you out of my head"

Great line! And a great song. Nice way to close out the year!

Thanks, Dave. Glad you like those lines...

sslechta #448741 01/03/18 01:32 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Not my genre but it was a very good production! Loved the chorus and of course the backup vocals to supplement yours.

Lyrics were written beautifully as well.

Steve - nice of you to drop by for a listen... you should post some of your stuff to give us a taste of what your genre might be... the more the merrier...

Scott C #448749 01/03/18 03:13 AM
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Such a great write. Timeless. The story you tell, it's always been that way. The heartbreak, the runner trying to escape it, and the sad truth is your hero could have stopped at any bar along that 28 hour stretch of 1800 miles and been just as lost and lonely. Your story is a universal theme that will drive a person to drink and be an anonymous fixture in a crowded room. It's strange how two people can set beside each other and both be alone.

A top notch write, arrangement, mix, production and performance by all. The quintessential Floyd Jane song.

I could say "You Make It Look Easy" ....

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
floyd jane #448779 01/03/18 04:32 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Floyd !:))

This is just great,
my new favourite of
your absolutely superb
tunes !:))

Cheers
Dani

Last edited by dani48; 01/03/18 04:32 AM.
floyd jane #448794 01/03/18 05:06 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Steve - nice of you to drop by for a listen... you should post some of your stuff to give us a taste of what your genre might be... the more the merrier...

Floyd, working on that. I've always been involved in assisting others recordings/mixes mostly since I've never really written for myself. Trying to change that this year and hope to have something out in the next months. I've just had a hard time with writing..... hence: Writing Melodies - For the Creativity Challenged in the Songwriting Forum.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Belladonna #448896 01/03/18 01:02 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Love the visuals, some really great lines. Nice harmonies and upbeat melody. The song has a nice flow. Good job to all who participated.

Thanks, Donna - appreciate that..

floyd jane #448897 01/03/18 01:04 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Great stereo separation! Those drums really kick! (lol) I would like to know more about them.

This is a great write! I just love the lyrics, especially the chorus - super write.

Someone once said, "it's not the story told, but the telling of the story". And you have given new life to well covered lyrical territory.

And Janice and Bud have added wonderfully to the joy of the groove!

floyd jane #449003 01/04/18 04:45 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Just super as per usual.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
floyd jane #449068 01/04/18 09:46 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Man, I always love your pacing. I always look at your lyrics as I hear the song for the first time. I'm am amazed at how many times the rhythms you pick are not in line with what I think they will be. For me, that's a REAL treat!

I have to say, I am a HUGE fan of how the song builds. It's powerful! The verse is great, the pre-chorus (if you call it that) is a nice step to the chorus...which then blows the roof off. It just soars in the best way.

Btw, this may be my favorite vocal from you. You sound great! I mean, I always think you are a really good singer, but "miles"...seriously nice tone my friend!

Now for another listen...

Thanks for sharing this!

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
floyd jane #449158 01/04/18 06:35 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Another exceptional delivery.

You really kicked-butt with this one. The build, the vocals (especially the vocals), the balance, that driving beat, absolutely everything about this is sensational.

You and the Merrit's nailed another one. No question.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
floyd jane #449222 01/05/18 03:46 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
My role is this big production plays only a small part but it was lots of fun contributing. I consider myself and Bud very lucky to have the opportunity to join in on this and other floyd jane songs. The fun singing harmony is felt all over again reading all of the wonderful comments about the song. I really don’t take being invited in for granted!

Janice

floyd jane #449324 01/05/18 11:36 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
You know you're on a forum of really good songwriters when the best lines are acknowledged in the first page of comments! I loved the lines referenced above, and all the other ones as well!!! Super write....such a creative idea for a song...fresh but so easy to relate to! The chorus melody really soars nicely, and the mix and vocal are excellent, as usual. Another real gem Floyd!! Take care. Greg

RichMac #449488 01/06/18 06:39 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Great job - excellent set of lyrics to an engaging tune - nice mix and pro production.
You and Janice sound wonderful together - harmonies are tight and melodic.
Top quality collaboration and a really good write.

Peter

Thanks, Peter, appreciate that. I do depend on J&B to help lift these things a little higher...

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Hi Floyd.
Your usual standard of excellence.
Nice cruisy song and so well done.
Cheers.

Thanks, Richard - always pleased to see you drop in...

floyd jane #449492 01/06/18 07:09 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Floyd,

Love this... it is as truly as good as it gets. Tremendous song, mix and vocal.

Bob

Robertkc #449605 01/06/18 04:14 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd,
Somehow you`ve made a heartache road song sound fresh - all the cool details in the lyrics do that, plus a very catchy melody.
Really nice balance of vocals with harmonies (and Janice matches the kind of anthemic feeling you bring to the chorus).
I like the held last chord going on so far like that!

Robert

Thanks for the kind comments, Robert..

Torrey Bliss #449714 01/07/18 07:42 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
How many more ways can we write about broken hearts?? Yet we all keep finding new ways!!

Huh?

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Great stuff again Floyd, I really like the way you mixed and panned your instruments and the vocals, lead and background are exceptional! Your ending the year in fine fashion! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks for all your support through the year, Torrey. Looking forward to what you do this coming year...

tommyad #449871 01/08/18 05:13 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
floyd, Those held guitar chords work really well to transition the chord changes. I also like the sparingly used steel and the judicious use of the organ. This is a really strong write and of course I am always very partial to any song that contains the phrase "Sun drenched Key West bar." I believe we both have wasted some time in places like that. The perfect lead and BG vocals propel this powerhouse road trip tune. By the way is there another route that bypasses 95? Or can we find a way to erase that road from our GPS? Might as well throw in I-4 for good measure. Good work on a fine song, Tom

Thanks, Tom. Appreciate all the points you hit on. Always glad to see that you are good with how the steel sits... I look forward to my next Keys visit - hopefully they can rebuild and move on...

Al-David #449954 01/08/18 11:57 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Might as well throw in I-4 for good measure.

And "3 hours to the nearest Walmart." grin

Huh?

Originally Posted By: Al-David
How many more ways can we write about broken hearts?? Yet we all keep finding new ways!!

Eddie hit the nail on the head about lyrics - particularly country lyrics. The hardest challenge for a lyricist is to say what already been said tens of thousands of time but say in a new and engaging way. You seem to always have the knack for doing that - and doing it well.

The chorus is particularly ear-catching for me. And there are so many good lines throughout the song. After two listens, I'm still tapping me feet and humming the melody.

You don't set the bar higher for us, Floyd -- rather, you *ARE* the bar.

Alan

Alan - I certainly appreciate such nice comments. It is always nice to have lyrics appreciated. I considered taking the nickname "The Bar" - but then everyone would expect me to buy the drinks... smile

floyd jane #450058 01/09/18 05:14 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"Thanks, Peter, appreciate that. I do depend on J&B to help lift these things a little higher..."

Very nice of you to say that...but we feel like we are hanging on to a train by a thread...but loving the journey!

We look much forward to your 2018 output.

J&B

44kfl #450067 01/09/18 05:32 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
fantastic write

super performance

pro mix

top notch vocals, you and Janice

love the lines that David S quoted (I won't repost them here)

this is a great song, no doubt about it

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny

Thanks, Kenny. Anytime I can get a "great song" comment out of you, I've gotta be pleased...

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195