You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#448127 - 12/30/17 06:13 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] East West play engine
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Any users get biab to work with the East West play keyboard ? I've downloaded some of their amazing sounds but, I'm getting a clicking sort of feedback with the choirs. Just wondering if band in a box will play ewi files.

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#448211 - 12/31/17 09:13 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: East West play engine [Re: furry]
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Hey Graham, can you elaborate on what the East West Play Keyboard is? I am not familiar with that.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 2018, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#448214 - 12/31/17 09:35 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: East West play engine [Re: furry]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Graham, this may not be what you need but I had a huge library of East West MIDI sounds about ten years ago (Colossus) and they were terrific! This was a great company and product then, and I would expect anything they are doing now to be top notch.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#448216 - 12/31/17 09:51 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: East West play engine [Re: sslechta]
furry Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: sslechta
Hey Graham, can you elaborate on what the East West Play Keyboard is? I am not familiar with that.

Best I can do is a link

http://www.soundsonline.com/play6

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#448217 - 12/31/17 09:51 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: East West play engine [Re: Matt Finley]
furry Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Graham, this may not be what you need but I had a huge library of East West MIDI sounds about ten years ago (Colossus) and they were terrific! This was a great company and product then, and I would expect anything they are doing now to be top notch.

SOUNDS ARE INCREDIBLE Matt. Gobsmacking

#448274 - 12/31/17 01:49 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: East West play engine [Re: furry]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
furry, I have East West Play with their Symphonic Chorus. They do sound great, however the word builder is a little lacking, i.e. hard to understand. I am finishing a song with it and you will see what I mean. Also Play can be a little finicky and somewhat difficult to use at times. I would like to get their orchestra but it is out of my price range right now.

Do you have the 32 bit or the 64 bit version installed? If it is the 64 bit version it may not play well with jbridge. But I don't know for sure as I only use it in my 64 bit DAWs.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#448350 - 01/01/18 02:14 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: East West play engine [Re: furry]
furry Offline
Veteran

64 bit Mario. I've noticed play is bloody awkward, I;ve used their monthly plan and am just downloading what I need before cancelling it.

Have just bought The J Bridge so will try. Having loads of fun so far

Edited by furry (01/01/18 07:20 AM)

#448560 - 01/02/18 02:14 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: East West play engine [Re: furry]
furry Offline
Veteran

Have it working with biab but, when rendered, the audio sounds jumpy, especially pianos. Strings are ok

#448591 - 01/02/18 06:56 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: East West play engine [Re: furry]
furry Offline
Veteran

Honestly, I've told them 3 times on east west forum what equipment I'm using and somebody else asks again ??? Give me biab forum any day !

#449270 - 01/05/18 10:22 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: East West play engine [Re: furry]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

do you use any sort of DAW? personally, I would be using the EW stuff in a DAW and not so much in BB. I let BB do what it does.... and then move the needed tracks over to a DAW. Drop EW in as a synth and let it do what it does in the freedom of a DAW.

If you don't have a DAW, you do have Real Band which is a DAW so experiment with it in there and see if it works better....

Also see my post in another thread about the driver and the interface....as that could very well be where the issue lays.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#449388 - 01/05/18 05:58 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: East West play engine [Re: furry]
furry Offline
Veteran

I did try in real band as well. I DID get it sorted BUT I had to increase the buffer size AND that cured it, however as a file was playing I got a low memory warning so that was enough for me to pull the plug on it. I've deleted the lot and will stay with reason as it does have all I need really

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27832 Members
51 Forums
53006 Topics
439939 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Alan Herring, boblev, JohnMaxwell, yeto, Damian Lluch

27831 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 149