You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#448127 - 12/30/17 06:13 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] East West play engine
furry Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Any users get biab to work with the East West play keyboard ? I've downloaded some of their amazing sounds but, I'm getting a clicking sort of feedback with the choirs. Just wondering if band in a box will play ewi files.

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#448211 - 12/31/17 09:13 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: East West play engine [Re: furry]
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Hey Graham, can you elaborate on what the East West Play Keyboard is? I am not familiar with that.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 2018, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#448214 - 12/31/17 09:35 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: East West play engine [Re: furry]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Graham, this may not be what you need but I had a huge library of East West MIDI sounds about ten years ago (Colossus) and they were terrific! This was a great company and product then, and I would expect anything they are doing now to be top notch.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#448216 - 12/31/17 09:51 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: East West play engine [Re: sslechta]
furry Online   content
Veteran

Originally Posted By: sslechta
Hey Graham, can you elaborate on what the East West Play Keyboard is? I am not familiar with that.

Best I can do is a link

http://www.soundsonline.com/play6

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#448217 - 12/31/17 09:51 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: East West play engine [Re: Matt Finley]
furry Online   content
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Graham, this may not be what you need but I had a huge library of East West MIDI sounds about ten years ago (Colossus) and they were terrific! This was a great company and product then, and I would expect anything they are doing now to be top notch.

SOUNDS ARE INCREDIBLE Matt. Gobsmacking

#448274 - 12/31/17 01:49 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: East West play engine [Re: furry]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
furry, I have East West Play with their Symphonic Chorus. They do sound great, however the word builder is a little lacking, i.e. hard to understand. I am finishing a song with it and you will see what I mean. Also Play can be a little finicky and somewhat difficult to use at times. I would like to get their orchestra but it is out of my price range right now.

Do you have the 32 bit or the 64 bit version installed? If it is the 64 bit version it may not play well with jbridge. But I don't know for sure as I only use it in my 64 bit DAWs.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#448350 - 01/01/18 02:14 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: East West play engine [Re: furry]
furry Online   content
Veteran

64 bit Mario. I've noticed play is bloody awkward, I;ve used their monthly plan and am just downloading what I need before cancelling it.

Have just bought The J Bridge so will try. Having loads of fun so far

Edited by furry (01/01/18 07:20 AM)

#448560 - 01/02/18 02:14 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: East West play engine [Re: furry]
furry Online   content
Veteran

Have it working with biab but, when rendered, the audio sounds jumpy, especially pianos. Strings are ok

#448591 - 01/02/18 06:56 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: East West play engine [Re: furry]
furry Online   content
Veteran

Honestly, I've told them 3 times on east west forum what equipment I'm using and somebody else asks again ??? Give me biab forum any day !

#449270 - 01/05/18 10:22 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: East West play engine [Re: furry]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

do you use any sort of DAW? personally, I would be using the EW stuff in a DAW and not so much in BB. I let BB do what it does.... and then move the needed tracks over to a DAW. Drop EW in as a synth and let it do what it does in the freedom of a DAW.

If you don't have a DAW, you do have Real Band which is a DAW so experiment with it in there and see if it works better....

Also see my post in another thread about the driver and the interface....as that could very well be where the issue lays.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#449388 - 01/05/18 05:58 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: East West play engine [Re: furry]
furry Online   content
Veteran

I did try in real band as well. I DID get it sorted BUT I had to increase the buffer size AND that cured it, however as a file was playing I got a low memory warning so that was enough for me to pull the plug on it. I've deleted the lot and will stay with reason as it does have all I need really

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Review - Software for Learning Saxophone

McGill Music Sax School posted a video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows last year, stating "I love using software to help learn saxophone. One of my favourite programs is Band-in-a-Box. It's a really powerful tool for quickly making backing tracks I can use for lessons, or my own practice."

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=2AgfV7emdLQ

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Band-in-a-Box Patch Updates - #TechTuesday

Visit our Patches & Updates page, and you will see that with every version released, there are 2+ patch updates applied to that version.

Patch updates are important, and should definitely be installed to your BB folder. They can add new features, update the help resources of the program, fix bugs reported by users, and make your entire Band-in-a-Box experience run smoothly!

Band-in-a-Box update options can be adjusted within the program too - within Band-in-a-Box for Mac, head to Band-in-a-Box | Check for Updates | and then you can select to automatically check for updates by however many days you choose!

Forum Stats
28082 Members
57 Forums
54461 Topics
450307 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
dhuntz, M1S1L, collcoll, Vocaloidgirl9980, boxx.dk

28081 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 180
David Snyder 138