Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#454917 - 01/31/18 11:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Joanne,
Very interesting video- not sure I understand what I`m seeing ( the RT artists as they were recording?) but will investigate more... or wait for your blog!
Your version is definitely a keeper; folky, sincere and melodic. Probably closest to the way I envisioned the lyrics - its been great fun to listen to the variety of interpretations.

Robert

#454949 - 01/31/18 01:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: Robertkc]
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Not sure I understand what I`m seeing (the RT artists as they were recording?)

Robert, yes that's the new Video Realtracks feature of BIAB 2018. Just a small portion of the audio-only Realtracks were set up with video samples. I'm sure in coming years more of the audio-only Realtracks will be modified to video.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 2018, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#455015 - 01/31/18 11:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to this thread. What excitement for me having 11 different versions of these lyrics posted to this forum! What an absolute priviledge!

Steve - Thank you so much for your ongoing support and commitment to this experiment. You have been quite wonderful and may you post many many more songs!

PeterGannon - Thanks for taking a listen and commenting. Always much appreciated. I love these video tracks and will be using them in this years FAWM.

Charlie - Thank you. The video edidting definately comes with practice. At first you think you will never be able to do it but the more videos you do the easier it becomes. Lining up the seven different files in NCH Videopad is actually a breeze now. You can zoom right into the wav files and simply slide them over until the peaks and troughs match exactly. It is a good skill to acquire it you are serious about making music videos.

jcspro40 - Thanks for listening

Sixchannel (Ian) - Thank you and yes watching the hands move over the guitars and keyboard is mesmerizing! I cant even imagine how PG Music achieved this because obviously if you transpose the song the "hands" also magically transpose. They also play along with whatever tempo you choose. It boggles the mind actually!

#455018 - 01/31/18 11:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Veteran

Lambada - Thanks for listening....I await your version out there in the ether. I also hope you will give the videotracks a try.

Bob - Thanks so much. It was a bit of a fiddle but it will definitely get easier.

Rob - thanks for listening and commenting

Noel - Thanks so much for all the help, support and encouragement you give the folk on this forum. I appreate it and I am sure everyone else does to.

Floyd - thanks and yes, as soon as I learned about the new video tracks I began waiting and waiting for my disc to arrive so I could try it out. Due to recording the video of me recording the vocals I didn't do all the processing I normally do on my vocals so it was all a little rough around the edges. Thanks for suggesting the blog post. I think it will help out other folk wanting to experiment.

Rich - thank you and, yes I think waiting to listen to the other versions until after you have done yours is a good idea. Loved your version too. Thank you for taking part in this challenge.

#455020 - 01/31/18 11:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Veteran

Tuenis - thank you. I think I had already imagined my "folky" type version when I wrote the lyrics but am still amazed at how they have been taken in so many different directions.

HTL - THANK YOU for suggesting this challenge. You have really brought the forum folk closer together with it and I really love your rock version too. Well done.

Torrey - Thank you. As I said, it is a little bit rough around the edges due to "too many things going on at the same time". I think I may rerecord it properly at a later stage.

Steve - Thanks again. You have encouraged me to do more of the videos of "me recording vocals" for FAWM.

Ed - Thanks and I WISH it was me playing all the guitars, keys and bass. No such luck. I am struggling to learning to play piano. Cant seem to get the right hand to do one thing while the left hand is doing another! Will definitely be doing more with these video tracks.

#455021 - 01/31/18 11:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Veteran

Sam - Thanks and thanks alos for your wonderful version of those lyrics. Glad you enjoyed and have a good FAWM!

Shigeki - Thank you! Let me know if you want me to record some vocals for your version too..

Al - Glad to hear the song is "easy on the ears". I think it comes from listening to all those John Denver songs growing up...

Robert - What steve said about the video tracks... You can find out more on my blog
How to use the Band-in-a-Box videotracks feature

#455214 - 02/01/18 10:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
animarorecords Online   content
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Joanne

Thank you very much for your proposal to record some vocals for my version.
I am very happy to hear that. Please try it by all means.
I would really like to listen to your vocal version.
I uploaded the music sheet of this song, accompaniment mix down, individual instrument tracks and BIAB SGU file on the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/np19ylhpldj6zvg/AAB-VuzZVRNm7kucyvP8Ck6Oa?dl=0

The current key is Fmajor, but I think that I can deliver another key file immediately if it does not fit.
Or, if you send a vocal WAV file, it is also possible for me to complete the mix down.
I sent the same contents with PM.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 per MAC - Italian Release!

Abbiamo lavorato tanto, abbiamo aggiunto 50 nuove funzioni e una sorprendente collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Studi Strumentali, Loops, Performance di Musicisti, Presets Amplitube e stili associati, RealTracks in 12 tonalità, Notazione di Chitarra Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=it

YouTube Find - Live Recording of Casa Di Amore Performance using Band-in-a-Box Backing Tracks!

Wow - check out this audio recording of a live performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks! Click here to watch...

While you're there, take a look at Rick's YouTube channel - ALL of the recordings from their Casa Di Amore playlist include Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!
(These were all recorded during their 2005 performance at Casa Di Amore in Las Vegas Nevada.)

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Users LOVE Xtra Styles PAK 5!

We're excited to offer Xtra Styles PAK 5, with over 160 fully-mixed styles, including 35 new MIDI Styles... LOOK MA - ALL MIDI!

But, we're not the only ones in love with Xtra Styles PAK 5 - here's what you're saying:
"Wow! That's quite a collection!"
"Really appreciate all the new MIDI styles!"
"These have already helped my rhythm and intonation and given new life to my practice. And it is SO MUCH FUN."
"Simply awesome. Thanks, everyone at PG!"
"A great new PAK indeed!"
"Great new collection here!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Way to go, PG Music!"
"Oh, they've made ALL-MIDI styles!!!"
"Best move I've ever made!"
"These new RealStyles are amazingly creative!"
"Outstanding!"
"Oh! Goody!!"

Save 40% when you purchase Xtra Styles PAK 5 for just $29 (reg. $49) during our special, which ends August 31st!
Click here to learn more, listen to demos, or order today!

Then, don't forget to enter your song, created using these new Styles, in our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest for your chance to win $150 PG Bucks!

Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Forum Stats
27842 Members
57 Forums
53103 Topics
440786 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
howarddavidp@gml, tritone7337, noameisen, Tangmo, Guitarrocks

27842 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 137