Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#450119 - 01/09/18 11:13 AM [User Showcase] Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
So my BIAB 2018 hardrive arrived yesterday and I decided to give the video Realtracks a try!

PARADOX OF YOU video made with BIAB Video Realtracks

It is all a little rough around the edges....and I did not do all the editing that I normally do on my vocals, I was not using a pop filter, plus I did have a few technical issues. I ended up rendering the individual videos from Band-in-a-Box and then putting them together in my video editing software (along with the video of me singing the vocal, taken on my Ipad). It was all a bit of a mission but a good learning exercise anyway. If this song was a keeper, I would probably need to go back and rerecord my vocals properly at some stage (or not... just move onto the next thing......)

Anyway, comments are always welcome.

Lyrics and chords:
(G) (Am) (C) (G) (D)

(G) Listening to the (Em) pouring rain
(C) I know the sun will (Am) come (D)
(G) Light from dark (Em) dry from wet
(C) When wintertime is (D) done

(G) I see myself (C) as the earth
And (C) you the vast blue (Am) sky (D)
(G) Sometimes I keep you (C) grounded
And (C) you just let me (D) fly

Chorus
(G) I love it when we (Am) talk
(D) I love the silence (G) too (C)
I (G) love the yin and (Am) yang of life
The (C) paradox of (G) you (D)

(G) You are my har (Em) mony
(C) the balance that I (Am) find (D)
(G) through the windows (Em) of my days
(C) In corners of my (D) mind

(G) Sometimes you are the (C) roots
(C) growing in the (Am) night (D)
(G) Sometimes I am the (C) leaves
(C) bathing in your (D) light

Chorus
(D) I love the silence (G) too (D)

Bridge
(Em) In and out, hot and cold
(Am) Fear and courage (D) young and old
(Em) Good and bad (Am) salty sweet
(C) Up and down (D) messy neat

Chorus
(D) I love the silence (G) too (D)

Tracks:
RealTracks in style: 2915:Bass, Electric CountryPopByron12-key Ev 085 (Videotrack)
RealTracks in style: 2825:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryPopMike12-key Ev 085 (Videotrack)
RealTracks in style: 2911:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryPopBrent12-key Ev 085 (videotrack)
RealTracks in style: 2829:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryPopBrent12-key Ev 085 (videotrack)
RealDrums in style: PopCountry16ths^01-a:Closed Hat, Sync-kick, b:Closed Hat, Rock-kick (videotrack)

Edited to add: These lyrics were posted in a recent thread in the off-topic forum about forum members posting different songs using the same lyrics, which HearTolearn started and is also busy putting some lyrics together for. But, I am hoping to get a couple of different versions from a couple of other forum members on these lyrics, shortly. If anybody wants to compose alternative music for these lyrics please feel completely welcome to do so,... Here is a link to that topic in the off topic forum http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=4&page=1

Edited by JoanneCooper (01/09/18 11:32 AM)

#450122 - 01/09/18 11:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
I'm going to keep myself from listening to any version of this song anyone comes up with until I complete my own. smile Don't want to get a different version stuck in my head. LOL

The video did look nice however. I need to play with that a bit too. Thanks!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 2018, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#450126 - 01/09/18 11:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

Joanne,
That's really great work! Thanks for posting.

#450128 - 01/09/18 12:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Great song and also a really nice video. You did some sharp video editing.

#450129 - 01/09/18 12:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
jcspro40 Offline
Expert

Loc: Ohio-USA
That was a fun watch, Great Job!
Custom Core2Quad 3.2Ghz, 8gb memory, 1gb nVidia dual monitor card, 1tb OS HDD, 2 2gb Internal HDD, 8tb External HDD, dual LG 27" Monitors, Win7 x64 Ultimate, BiaB/RB 2017, Reaper 4.75, Mixbus 32C, IK Multimedia / iZotope / Plug & Mix VST-VSTi Collections

#450131 - 01/09/18 12:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Hi Joanne
that was great to watch and I guess something unusual in any music Vids these days.
My problem was that I got so engrossed in watching their hands miraculously jumping instantly from one place to another, I had to go back afterwards to listen to your lovely song, which stands up so well on its own.
However its a superb demonstration of how RV's work (er - Real Videos?!)
Happy New Year, Joanne
Ian

BB2018Plus,512,RB5,Cakewalk GTPro2(2003),Adobe Audition1.5(2003),WindowsXPPro and Win7

http://app.box.com/s/p7lirbbuvjae03dsd4v5

for tracks that use BIAB specifically-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#450189 - 01/09/18 04:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
I only watched a bit for obvious reasons, but I loved the production and the use of the video tracks was very inspirational and professional looking. They certainly add to an artist's aura in videos! Inspiring.
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#450191 - 01/09/18 04:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Great Joanne! Love what you did with the song and the video - very creative!

Bob

#450216 - 01/09/18 09:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Looks good to me. Great stuff. Rob

#450221 - 01/09/18 09:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Joanne,

Congratulations on creating such a fine song and with such an impressive video presentation! I enjoyed listening and watching.

All the best,
Noel

#450256 - 01/10/18 05:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Joanne,

Nice to see the Video Real Tracks in action. And, MAN!, that was a quick turn around just receiving your upgrade...

Hope we will see more of what you can do with them.

You should do an article (blog?) on how you put that together...

#450571 - 01/12/18 01:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Hi Joanne.

Waited till now to listen and what a lovely full arrangement you have.
And of course you are a real singer.
The video is fascinating and the production is all top notch in my opinion.
A fine song.
Although the chords and treatment are different the songs seem to me to have a surprisingly similar feel.
Or maybe it's not surprising as the lyrics are the same.
Good fun anyway and I certainly enjoyed the exercise.

Cheers.

#450574 - 01/12/18 02:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: RichMac]
Teunis Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
I read the words last night and you have done the song in a similar fashion to how I imagined it. Very nice job Joanne. It has good meaning.

Tony

#450703 - 01/12/18 03:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
HearToLearn Offline
Expert

Loc: -
I need to get two things out of the way...

1-Oh God! This is is how you wrote the song? You are going to kill me! smile Your version is SOOO good and SOOOOOOO different than mine. eek

2-The video addition is REALLY cool! I think seeing the drummer and instruments gave me more of a feeling that it was recorded in a studio. You are lucky you are so photogenic! I will maybe do that when they come out with "Real Singer" in version 53. So, you'll are safe for now.

NOW, I can concentrate a bit more on the song.

Wow! That is a REALLY cool version of your song. That sounds funny to say, but it's true. I'm not sure what it reminds me of...basically a lot of hits. That's what I'm comparing it to; and it seems to fit in just fine. To me, that's saying a lot.

What a great listen! Thanks for sharing this, and allowing us to use your lyrics. That is REALLY cool of you! smile

#450758 - 01/12/18 10:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
Joanne, beautiful song with a great video! Everything sounds exceptionally good! Thanks, Torrey

#454353 - 01/29/18 06:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
The one, the original..... I loved the video. I've played with the feature a little bit and it seems cool. Your part of the video is the best. I like to see how you sing it out.

Good work on the song overall and thanks for inspiring me to do one as well!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 2018, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#454365 - 01/29/18 07:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
edshaw Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Colorado
Holy cow, Joanne. Never seen anything like that, before. Wonderful playing!
I espcially liked watching the keyboard dynmics as relates to the vocal. The player knows just how to punctuate, accentuate, and just as important, when to get out of the way, bar by bar, note by note. This video shows that in a unique way. Hoping to see more.
TEAC Digital deck
HD Stereo field recorder w/ clock

#454401 - 01/29/18 08:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Florida
Very cool. I enjoyed watching your performance as well as the video Realtracks. Amazing arangement and mix. Your vocals sound great. This is the first of everybodies that I've listened to. (besides my own of course) and its cool to see your vision for the song as the lyricists.

www.sammycountry.com

#454561 - 01/29/18 09:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Joanne

I listened to the original version of this song for the first time.
It is a wonderful folky song.
I entirely agree with Noel.
Congratulations on creating such a fine song and with such an impressive video presentation! I enjoyed listening and watching.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#454829 - 01/31/18 02:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Experiment with new video Tracks feature in BIAB 2018 - Paradox of You [Re: JoanneCooper]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Hi Joanne,

Loved the video tracks. But, of course, the great song made it even more enjoyable. Loved this! Your music is always so well done - well-written, well-produced and great on the ears! Super job!

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Quinn Bachand - Hard at Work!

Check it out - this is happening NOW... Quinn Bachand's latest RealTracks recording session!

Image: http://www.pgmusic.com/gfx/Quinn_Session.jpeg

Listen to demos of Quinn's existing RealTracks at http://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php?a=61&os=win&sortby=name

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade for Mac

Did you know....

If you are currently using a Band-in-a-Box® 2017 UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK and are wanting to upgrade to the new version, with the 202 new RealTracks that were just released, the PlusPAK upgrade is a great option! This is available on DVD, flash drive, or electronic delivery - simply install the content to your existing 2017 BB folder! Add the 49-PAK to your purchase, and you'll complete the RealTracks library with the 40 BONUS unreleased RealTracks!

This package is on sale for just $99 during our special (reg. $129): http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.pluspak.htm.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK for Mac

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac during our special and you will receive a Free Bonus PAK which includes Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, 10 MIDI SuperTracks, 7 Instrumental Studies, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated bonus Styles, and 52 Loops for Band-in-a-Box!

Take it a step further and add a 49-PAK to your purchase for only $49! Add the 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac purchase and you'll receive these GREAT Band-in-a-Box Add-ons:
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band
ALL 40 UNRELEASED Bonus RealTracks
22 MIDI SuperTracks
101 Instrumental Studies
Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK: Video link - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac- 49-PAK Overview

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 Pro & MegaPAK RealCombos!

We've added MORE to the RealCombos included in the Pro & MegaPAK packages with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Pro includes 300 RealTracks instruments in over 100 bands - that's 100+ more than previous years - listen to them here.

There are now over 500 RealTracks in 300 Bands in the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 MegaPAK! Take a look at all the RealTracks & RealDrums in the MegaPAK here.

To receive the new version with these new RealCombos, upgrade during our special for as little as $59! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm.

Get ALL the Regular RealTracks & RealDrums when you upgrade to an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition!

Title Track Day, May 23, 2018!

Did you know... today is Title Track Day!

Which album do you think of on this special day? Better yet, have you created your own album and named it after a song?

Join the converation...

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends May 31st!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)!

Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=7ZrfGSqjaOU

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - on sale until May 31st!

Forum Stats
27519 Members
50 Forums
51886 Topics
428737 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Dixiesatellite72, hhbailey, medblues, Terry V, The Captain

27519 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 347
Noel96 156