You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#450596 - 01/12/18 05:56 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Ok, this one really has me perplexed!
Bernier Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Wisconsin
A little while back I started to noticed while using headphones, tracks were dropping out and an overall decrease in volume in PT 2017. I noticed when I pulled the jack out slightly in my audio I/O device (Line 6 Pod Studio UX1 , where the headphones are plugged in) I could hear them again, but overall still decreased volume. I replaced all cables and the headphone cable. I also replaced my I/O device, thinking maybe the input jack for the headphones was wearing out. Same issue!
When I close PT, and listen to other music, everything is fine! That was yesterday. Today, launched PT and everything is fine!
Anybody out there have ANY idea what is going on?
Thanks as always, Bernie

#450709 - 01/12/18 03:36 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
If it happens again, open the Mixer and look at 2 sliders.

One is labeled A1 in the bottom right section. Push it up, have a good signal going out here.
The other lies between the Tracks side of the Mixer and the AUX/MainOut side, It's a lonely slider, out there on it's own, I think it's even unlabeled.
Not sure why it is there, but it does affect the output.

#450851 - 01/13/18 10:36 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
Bernier Offline
Journeyman

I think the unlabeled mixer you are talking about is the main that controls all the others at once, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.
Interestingly today, I had the sMe problems. Also, when I closed all of my apps and just opened a movie on the internet, same issue - extremely low volume!

#450893 - 01/13/18 01:17 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Bernier
Also, when I closed all of my apps and just opened a movie on the internet, same issue - extremely low volume!

Yeah, that sounds like it isn't a PT issue. More likely a Windows setting.

#450906 - 01/13/18 02:01 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: rharv]
Bernier Offline
Journeyman

I have noticed when I am playing a PT file only certain tracks play. Also, when listening to music or movies, only part of the audio is present. Not sure where even to begin on this one. Any suggestions? Thanks!

#450981 - 01/13/18 06:22 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
Teunis Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
There have been many discussions on issues with audio particularly after Windows updates. Have you looked at them? Maybe the answer is there. For example the post Re: Sound gone wonky since windows update. However to me what you describe almost sounds as if it is hardware and you a losing a channel.

Tony

#451460 - 01/16/18 05:09 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
Bernier Offline
Journeyman

Last resort - totally restoring my system to factory image. The I'm going to reinstall everything for music step by step and see what happens.
It's a good thing my system is almost new and there is nothing on it but software for making music!

#451541 - 01/16/18 12:17 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
Bernier Offline
Journeyman

Reimaged my system reloaded everything, all seems to be fine now. Not sure what the issue is, I just hope I never see it again!
Thanks all for your help!
Bernie

#453769 - 01/26/18 05:56 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
Bernier Offline
Journeyman

The gremlin has returned after a couple days. Losing bass and overall volume. Did a system restore and no help. Talked to Dell and they think it may be a hardware problem. Shipping the CPU back to Dell. And the saga continues...

#453778 - 01/26/18 06:59 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Bernier,

Thanks for the continuing the updates. Most forum responses agree the issue is hardware related. So everyone is eager to know what Dell finds out.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#455170 - 02/01/18 02:59 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
Bernier Offline
Journeyman

Update - I tried my headphones with my iPad and had the same problem as my music PC so it is not the PC. I noticed when I jiggled the headphone end of the Jack the problem disappeared. This is what I have suspected from the beginning. I actually had my headphones and associated cable replaced, and had the same problem.. I think it is a design issue in the headphones. Since the headphone cable has a microphone built in the cable, I thought that might be the issue because the Jack for my audio I/O (Line 6 UX1) probably dos not utilize this. I normally plug my headphones into the UX1.
My PC is capable of Bluetooth and my headphones are also wireless Bluetooth capable.
When I look for audio devices in my PC it lists the Line 6 UX 1 as my sound card. Since UX1 is plugged into my PC via usb, now I am wondering if my playback will be routed through the UX1 sound card and delivered wirelessly to my headphones. That would eliminate the cable issue. Gonna give it a try.....

#455335 - 02/02/18 04:23 PM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Yeah, I'm guessing it might work, but not how you are thinking it does.

I think the signal will be routing from the computer to the headphones directly. At that point the UX1 is no longer in the signal path between PT and the headphones.
It then becomes a Windows routing issue.

#464474 - 03/28/18 03:55 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Bernier]
Paj Offline
Apprentice

Headphone jacks are no longer all created equally. The fact that 3mm/eighth-inch headphone jacks have gradually become non-standard is one of the dirty little secrets of globalization and marketing focusing on cell phones rather than dedicated audio devices. Consumers more readily accept this crappy treatment than do professionals, which might explain why 1/4-inch jacks don't have nearly the same incompatibility issues.

Paj
8^)

#464836 - 03/30/18 07:37 AM [PowerTracks Pro Audio] Re: Ok, this one really has me perplexed! [Re: Paj]
Bernier Offline
Journeyman

Thanks for the response. I agree - it has shown itself to be a headphone jack issue.
Do you know where I can get a good replacement?
Thanks! Bernie

PG Music News
Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

Video - Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Learn how you can add MIDI SuperTracks to your Band-in-a-Box® song?

Using MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac!

Musician Brent Mason in the Studio Recording RealTracks!

Before leaving Nashville, Tobin caught up with Brent Mason recording some future RealTracks in the studio.

We can't wait to hear them!

Video - Adding RealTracks to Your Band-in-a-Box® Song

There are 300 RealTracks Sets available (over 2,500 RealTracks!), and here at PG Music we have this to say about them: You'll want to use RealTracks in all of your projects... and you can!

But what if you're not sure how to add them to your Band-in-a-Box® song? We have a video for that! Click here to watch...

Save Notation Window as a Video with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Did you know... Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac allows you to save the Notation Window as a video? What a great way to share your songs with users, and LEARN from the notation as you listen!

From the program manual:
[Save As] | Save as video
-In the Make Notation Video dialog, select a track at the upper left corner. (Note: The dialog title says “Make Chord Sheet Video” until you select a track.)
-You can also set the dimension (width/height) of the video and select the number of frames per second and a specific codec.
-Press the [OK - Render Video] button to start rendering the video. When the video has been created, press the [Show Video File] button.
-You can then double click on the file to watch the rendered video.

Note: A special use of this feature is to combine a Video RealTracks (new with version 2018) with the corresponding notation in a single video. This creates an educational video, which shows the actual performance with notation/tab, playing over your chord progression! To do this, right-click on the Master button or one of the track buttons at the top of the main screen and select Render Video(s) from the menu.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Resource - Individual New Features Videos

The release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac added 50+ new features and enhancements, Video RealTracks, 202 new RealTracks, and more!

Here is a summary of the videos created to highlight the new additions and features:
(click on the title to play the video)
-Everything you need to know in under 5 minutes!
-Complete New Features Video
-2018 Audio Chord Wizard
-Piano Roll Window
-Vocal Ooh & Aahs
-Audio Harmonies
-Video RealTracks
-202 NEW RealTracks
-40 Bonus RealTracks in the 2018 49-PAK

Summer NAMM 2018 Shout Out!

We were just down in Nashville for the 2018 Summer NAMM show. We were especially excited to attend this trade show as we've had a number or musicians record RealTracks for us in Nashville, and we hoped to meet them in person!

Click here to see everyone who stopped by!

From left to right:

RealTracks Producer Mike Harrison, PG Music's own Tobin Frank, and RealTracks Artist Wanda Vick
RealTracks Artist Eddy Dunlap & Tobin
Tobin with RealTracks Artist Brent Mason
RealTracks Artists Dave Cleveland and Darin Favorite with Mike and Tobin
Tobin with Brent Mason, Mike Harris, and Darin Favorite
Mike & RealTracks Artist Jelly Roll Johnson
Tobin & RealTracks Artist Jason Roller
Tobin with RealTracks Artist Tony King
Band-in-a-Box Endorser Bobby Cochran with Tobin & Mike

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. It was so great to meet everyone!!

Forum Stats
27715 Members
50 Forums
52591 Topics
435873 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
jigelaz, gerry logan, 89f9193d71, jack homburg, perljazz

27718 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 156
David Snyder 154