Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#450747 - 01/12/18 07:06 PM [User Showcase] Girl With Siam Eyes
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Girl With Siam Eyes

Written for my wife on our 10 yr anniversary.
As I said to her, comments are welcome and appreciated!

Style is R_POP16S.STY (Pop 16ths Ballad )
RT1603 bass,Electric,Pop16ths EV110,
RealTracks in song: 1765:Guitar, High-Strung Acoustic, Fingerpicking Pop16ths Ev16 085
RealTracks in song: 1752:Accordion, Rhythm Pop8ths Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 1761:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming pop16ths Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2336:Viola, Background, Pop Ev 085 (1TrackStringSection)
RT 2337 Violin,Background,Pop 085
RT2280 Synth,Rhythm DiscoShakuhachiPulse Ev120
Percussion Loops

Girl With Siam Eyes

draw your dreams on a pebble
dropped in the village well
my paper boat so frail
sent on the ocean swell

dreams boats detours
all leading to Rome
you said I love you like this road
wont you walk me home

the girl with Siam eyes
barefoot in singing darkness
planting her sea of rice
my heart was starless
I`ll change my life
for the girl with Siam eyes

true as a prayer
hot chilli and sweetness
your light plays on our hills
shadows chased by forgiveness
now children on their wings
fly round your skirt to witness

the girl with Siam eyes
brushing grandmother`s hair
by the light of fireflies
our love begins there
the girl with Siam eyes
barefoot in singing darkness
planting her sea of rice
my heart was starless
I`ll change my life
for the girl with Siam eyes
the girl with Siam eyes

© Robert Cordrey June 2016

#450748 - 01/12/18 08:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl With Siam Eyes [Re: Robertkc]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Robert,

Congratulations to you and your wife on your 10th anniversary!

I found this composition of yours to be quite mesmerising. The language of impressionistic poetry wrapped in a musical texture that was both haunting and intriguing fascinated my imagination. In addition, every now and then it seemed to me that there was glimmer of Siam in the melody you were singing. You held my attention throughout.

A pleasantly haunting journey.

All the best for 2018!
Noel

#450761 - 01/12/18 10:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl With Siam Eyes [Re: Robertkc]
PeterF Offline
Expert

Loc: Sydney Australia
Robert

It's always hard following a review by Noel - he says it so well.
So I'll just at it was most enjoyable with wonderful set of lyrics.

Peter

#450769 - 01/12/18 10:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl With Siam Eyes [Re: Robertkc]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
Robert, as I listened it occurred to me how rapidly your production skills are improving. I am noticing a lot of little fine touches showing up in your mixes and I am impressed how you are not afraid to step out of your comfort zone sometimes. This song though, is right in your wheelhouse so to speak! Great lyrics once again, they always are impressive to me. Thanks, Torrey

#450770 - 01/12/18 10:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl With Siam Eyes [Re: Robertkc]
bluage Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Washington State
Mr. Cordrey...

I continue to be drawn (like the moth to the proverbial flame) to the poetic fireworks of your vivid, yet simultaneously sublime lyrics:

"...draw your dreams on a pebble..."
"...my heart was starless..."
"...true as a prayer..."
"...you said I love you like this road/wont you walk me home..."
(I am rendered nearly speechless by the lyrical imaginativeness of this line, and the way its imagery pairs with the emotion it describes and delivers, as though the words were holding each other's hands.)

Each of these lines are as spare as Japanese haiku, but somehow manage to ignite all five of my senses. Truly a sterling example of "less" being/becoming "more".

Your music as rendered by your Real Tracks choices seems somehow to combine the form of a passionately romantic medieval ballad with a classical "pop" feel that lends a timeless air to the song.

Very frequently I feel that love songs couldn't possibly squeeze out one more drop of anything truly original, lyrically speaking, and then, I stumble upon something like "The Girl with the Siam Eyes", and realize why the subject of love has nearly monopolized song creation for what seems like ages -- because their can be NO limit on the inspiration it sparks in our hearts and souls.

LOREN

Edited by bluage (01/12/18 11:02 PM)

#450776 - 01/12/18 11:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl With Siam Eyes [Re: Robertkc]
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Very beautiful Robert.

Was drawn into the song and held by imaginative backing and soulful lyrics.

Cheers.

#450813 - 01/13/18 06:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Girl With Siam Eyes [Re: Robertkc]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Sounds really good Robert, a headphone listen for sure! Love the way you have made use of the stereo spectrum.

Well written lyrics as always!

Congrats on your anniversary, she is very pretty!

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Latest song: No One Knows

#450821 - 01/13/18 07:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Girl With Siam Eyes [Re: Robertkc]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Robert,

I agree with what has been said so far. This is a beautiful production and song all the way around.

Congratulations on your anniversary!

I feel a little bit of the Cat Stevens vibe going on here in the arrangement, which is a great thing in my book.

Well done!

Just one curiosity question, in the title and lyrics, what did you choose to use "Siam" instead of "Siamese"--the adjective. Just wondering from the creative choice standpoint....It was a very interesting choice and I was just wondering what led you to it.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.musicdealers.com/artist/davidsnyder

#450832 - 01/13/18 07:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Girl With Siam Eyes [Re: Robertkc]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Hey Robert another beautiful piece of music I am with bluage in this one Your lyrics just blow me away. Such a cool backtrack. I also got a Cat Stevens vibe from this well done

#450916 - 01/13/18 02:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl With Siam Eyes [Re: Robertkc]
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Very nice song.
You 've made your own style and I could identify one of your song between many others:

always great feelings in them, always excellent lyrics and interpratations.

Congrats to you and your wife.

Sergio

Sergio

#450918 - 01/13/18 02:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl With Siam Eyes [Re: Robertkc]
Rob4580 Offline
Expert

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Good work on this. Rob

#450936 - 01/13/18 03:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl With Siam Eyes [Re: Robertkc]
furry Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
BEAUTIFUL song Robert and congratulations on the 10th. We're 35 years ahead of you !!

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#450940 - 01/13/18 03:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl With Siam Eyes [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Robert,

Congratulations to you and your wife on your 10th anniversary!

I found this composition of yours to be quite mesmerising. The language of impressionistic poetry wrapped in a musical texture that was both haunting and intriguing fascinated my imagination. In addition, every now and then it seemed to me that there was glimmer of Siam in the melody you were singing. You held my attention throughout.

A pleasantly haunting journey.

All the best for 2018!
Noel

Noel,
Thank you for your good wishes and positive review.
I like the "impressionistic" way of writing so I`m glad that appealed to you.
The melody began from listening to a Thai pop song , so that would be the glimmer you hear!

Robert

Originally Posted By: PeterF

Robert

It's always hard following a review by Noel - he says it so well.
So I'll just at it was most enjoyable with wonderful set of lyrics.

Peter

Peter,
I`ve had that "how to follow Noel`s review?" feeling many times!
I`m happy you enjoyed the listen.

Robert

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Robert, as I listened it occurred to me how rapidly your production skills are improving. I am noticing a lot of little fine touches showing up in your mixes and I am impressed how you are not afraid to step out of your comfort zone sometimes. This song though, is right in your wheelhouse so to speak! Great lyrics once again, they always are impressive to me. Thanks, Torrey

I`m getting there by inches, Torrey- still waiting to settup new monitors which will probably have me weeping at some of the mixes I`ve posted!
Many thanks for your ongoing support.

Robert

#450943 - 01/13/18 03:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl With Siam Eyes [Re: Robertkc]
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
What a beautiful song! The lyrics are so heart warming and wonderfully thought out. I am sure that your wife really loved this song. Thanks for sharing this intimate song with all of us here!

#450949 - 01/13/18 03:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl With Siam Eyes [Re: bluage]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: bluage
Mr. Cordrey...

I continue to be drawn (like the moth to the proverbial flame) to the poetic fireworks of your vivid, yet simultaneously sublime lyrics:

"...draw your dreams on a pebble..."
"...my heart was starless..."
"...true as a prayer..."
"...you said I love you like this road/wont you walk me home..."
(I am rendered nearly speechless by the lyrical imaginativeness of this line, and the way its imagery pairs with the emotion it describes and delivers, as though the words were holding each other's hands.)

Each of these lines are as spare as Japanese haiku, but somehow manage to ignite all five of my senses. Truly a sterling example of "less" being/becoming "more".

Your music as rendered by your Real Tracks choices seems somehow to combine the form of a passionately romantic medieval ballad with a classical "pop" feel that lends a timeless air to the song.

Very frequently I feel that love songs couldn't possibly squeeze out one more drop of anything truly original, lyrically speaking, and then, I stumble upon something like "The Girl with the Siam Eyes", and realize why the subject of love has nearly monopolized song creation for what seems like ages -- because their can be NO limit on the inspiration it sparks in our hearts and souls.

LOREN

Loren,
Wow... I`m stuck for words after that!
The line "I love you like this road" - my wife really did say that when we happened to be parked by the freeway years ago... following it up with " is that good English?" which made the line even more memorable.I`m waiting to see if she remembers it too!
I don`t write many love songs and am thrilled you felt this one took the form somewhere new.. thank you for saying so in such an eloquent way.

Robert

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonials!

Tell everyone how much you love Band-in-a-Box® with your very own Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial video!

Submit your video, and when we use it on our website (and YouTube page) we will send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® Hard Drive!

Take a look at the video testimonials we've already received at www.pgmusic.com/videotestimonials.php

Learn more about how to submit your video testimonial here.

Beginners Help - Muting the Melody Notation

Visit our Beginners Forum, and you'll notice our amazing Forum Community helping out new program users!

Like this recent post regarding Muting the Melody Notation: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=458716 - Forum user Matt Finley did a great job of answering the new program user!

Our Beginners Forum really is a great resource for new program users!

Q: When I have entered chords and notation for a song, is it possible to mute the notation and just have the chords playing? This would be helpful for when I just want the chord backing track but want to read the notation.

A: There are several ways to do this. The easiest is probably to use the Mixer window and change the volume slider to zero for the Melody track. Or, hit the Mute icon on the Mixer for the Melody Track.

Another way, with more control rather than all or nothing, is to press F5 at the measure where you want to mute, and select mute or change the volume to zero. Later, press F5 and select Return to Normal, or change the volume back.

Introducing... RealTracks Artists David Wise & Shelly Justice!

For the first time ever Band-in-a-Box® can generate backing vocals with some amazing "oohs" and "aahs" vocal arrangements with RealTrack Set 278: Shiny Vocals Oohs and Aahs! Add male or female parts by renowned Nashville vocalists David Wise and Shelly Justice, and you'll LOVE the results!

David and Shelly have recorded with many different artists, including CeCe Winans, Dolly Parton, Don Henley, Donnie McClurkin, Jeremy Camp, Lady Antebellum, OneRepublic, Steve Green, and more!

RealTrack Set 278: Shiny Vocals Oohs and Aahs includes a three-part, six-voice arrangement – which you can use all together in your song or individually for more delicate textures! Listen to the demos for RealTracks Set 278 here.

Purchase RealTrack Set 278: Shiny Vocals Oohs and Aahs for just $29 here. It's also included in the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows PlusPAK, UltraPAK, and Audiophile Edition.

Learn more about Dave & Shelly when you visit their RealTracks Artist Bio page:
David Wise: http://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php?a=150
Shelly Justice: http://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php?a=151

#TechTipTuesday - Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates

If you're ever experiencing an issue with your Band-in-a-Box program, make sure you have the most recent patch update for your version - this can be done at http://www.pgmusic.com/support.updates.win.htm.

Patch updates are released frequently, and are created by our development team to fix any reported bugs, tweak existing features within the program, update demos and other files as needed, and more!

To find out which version of the program you have, visit Help | About Band-in-a-Box within the program. You will see the full version number listing as:
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2018 (512)

The number in parentheses is the build number. As you can see, my Band-in-a-Box is up to date and will continue to stay that way because I've selected "Automatically check for updates every 7 days" within the Help | Check for Updates.... option (you can set the number of days to a different number). This window will also look to see if you're version is up to date, so you don't technically have to visit http://www.pgmusic.com/support.updates.win.htm if you didn't want to!

Once you've installed your patch update (make sure the program is closed when you're doing this), give it another try - if you are still experiencing the same issue you can report it by contacting us directly, or you can post your result to the Forum thread that also announces the patch update, like our recent Band-in-a-Box 2018 Build 512 Update (Feb 15) post.

YouTube Find - How To Play SLOW A7 BLUES Guitar Solo With 4 NOTES

Check out one of EricBlackmonGuitar's latest videos, How To Play SLOW A7 BLUES Guitar Solo With 4 NOTES and you'll hear a great Band-in-a-Box backing track!

http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=blJPIX-9YbE

...and you'll also learn how to play blues with just a few notes!

A Little Bit Of Me Music Video!

A great music video created by forum user Floyd Jane! https://youtu.be/qPrejgnwb4M?t=3600

This song was featured in a detailed "The Birth of a Song" video created by Floyd Jane - watch the complete video here:
http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=qPrejgnwb4M

RealBand 2018 Build 5 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 customers can download the latest free patch update here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_5

Summary of Changes for Build 5
Added: When generating the input file for saving as an MGU/SGU SongMode128= is saved to the input file.
Added: Localization support for 2018.
Added: flyby hints to new dialogs.
Fixed: Save As with a filename greater than 128 chars could cause an error 123 plus access violation.
Fixed: Rebooting RealBand after a filename with 128 chars was saved could cause an access violation.
Fixed: Pressing the Change button in the Event List Window could result in an access violation if an event was not a Note event.
Fixed: When running in Win 10, and using BBW or PT to generate audio harmonies, an error would occur saying that you need BB 2011 or PT 12 to generate audio harmonies.
Fixed: Midi Thru Method was not being saved to the .INI file. It always reverting to Track-Specific when booting up RealBand, even if the user manually changed the setting to Global in the Midi Thru Settings dialog.
Fixed: Delete All Notes on This Peg menu item in notation window right-click menu was missing.
Fixed: Potential crash on exit (having to do with the DLL attempting to free up a dynamic array that was passed to it).

Forum Stats
27143 Members
49 Forums
50338 Topics
413235 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
maryyy, Rod Wilkins, AM3, RoRoSong, WHW

27142 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 256
Noel96 230