Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#440690 - 11/26/17 05:20 AM [RealBand] Re: I think I've had it with RB [Re: silvertones]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

All seems well. I've done 3 gigs without issues. I have been making sure to delete all songs from the Jukebox before closing.
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
http://wintertexaninfo.com/Bands/JohnnyD.html

#441191 - 11/28/17 07:21 AM [RealBand] Re: I think I've had it with RB [Re: silvertones]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Hi John, great to see you again and I still have those files you sent me.

Pipeline and Guitarhacker your comments are understandable but you don't know who Silvertones is. He's a total pro level user just like you guys are and knows as much about these programs as anybody. I don't know if the forum goes back that far but try to find his posts about performing live with Power Tracks about 4 years ago. After a lot of trial and error he created one helluva live setup because he wanted total multitrack control over each instrument.

Bob

#441254 - 11/28/17 11:10 AM [RealBand] Re: I think I've had it with RB [Re: silvertones]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
I've been using an iPod touch with all my backing tracks stored onto it since I bought one and it's been working for me so far. I do not have worry about my Mac crashing or having to take 5 minutes just to find the next track I want to play. I also use backing tracks that were either given to me or came included with sheet music I bought, and I sometimes make my own backing tracks when I need to have my parts to be precisely laid out note for note.

P.S. I don't own a PC so I can't use RealBand and PG Music has no intention of including RealBand for Mac even though the vast majority of audio productions is done on a Mac. My school has a production lab that only uses Macs.

Edited by Islansoul (11/28/17 11:13 AM)
music producer/engineer

#441255 - 11/28/17 11:14 AM [RealBand] Re: I think I've had it with RB [Re: silvertones]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Hey Bob,
Good to hear from you as well. You still gigging?
I've since dumped all the analog mixers and drive rack stuff. Now using a 16x4 digital stage box. Mixer on my computer and a tablet.
Going to upgrade lights as well to led.
Sure glad that in music school it was required to intern for s moving company. At 66 loading in/out and setup/tear down is tough duty but it's still worth it.
15.6" Monitor

#441269 - 11/28/17 12:23 PM [RealBand] Re: I think I've had it with RB [Re: silvertones]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Gigging, oh yeah. You know how it is with us warhorses, I just can't say no. I have 5 coming up for December but only one is a jazz gig. Those have dried up but I'm back to my classic rock roots doing Santana, Joe Cocker, the Doors, SRV, Stevie Wonder, etc. Lots of keyboard on that stuff.

You're back now so lets see a new pic of you and your toys.

Bob

#441406 - 11/28/17 06:27 PM [RealBand] Re: I think I've had it with RB [Re: jazzmammal]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Awesome man.
Can't say no either.
15.6" Monitor

#450610 - 01/12/18 07:17 AM [RealBand] Re: I think I've had it with RB [Re: Pipeline]
2bSolo Offline
Apprentice

I don't know if this is helpful to you, but this is the way I do it. I create the songs in BB. If I need to tweak them, I can do it with Notation and Piano Roll in BB if the instrument is midi. If it is RT or I need to add a part of my own, I can go to RB.

When I have the song done, I save it to an SD card that I use in my Jam Man looper. One card holds at least two sets. The looper is always at my feet so it is easy to work with. My sets are pretty well-planned. I keep a list of the locations of the loops in case I want to make a change. The Jam Man has a stereo out if you want to run stereo live (I don't).

2b

#450675 - 01/12/18 02:07 PM [RealBand] Re: I think I've had it with RB [Re: silvertones]
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: silvertones
Hey Bob,
Good to hear from you as well. You still gigging?
I've since dumped all the analog mixers and drive rack stuff. Now using a 16x4 digital stage box. Mixer on my computer and a tablet.
Going to upgrade lights as well to led.
Sure glad that in music school it was required to intern for s moving company. At 66 loading in/out and setup/tear down is tough duty but it's still worth it.

Glad to hear you have your gigging issues worked out. I'm also interested in learning more of your live stage setup.

"I usually use abt 10 tracks in RB. They are all assigned to one of 8 audio outs of my interface to one of 8 channels of my digital stage box. Mixer is software on the computer and my sound persons tablet. They mix me from FOH. I sing and play bass live. One RB track goes to the computers headphone output to provide chord data for my harmonizer.Another RB track is midi data that goes, via a virtual midi cable to QLITE controller program which is for lighting. I built a USB to DMX adapter box to drive my lighting dimmer packs."

If you don't mind my asking, which digital stage box are you using and how are you routing your setup? Which software are you mixing with on the computer and tablet? Are you completely wireless or using ethernet? Thanks for your time.

#450852 - 01/13/18 10:43 AM [RealBand] Re: I think I've had it with RB [Re: silvertones]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

I Build the songs in RealBand.I don't use the so called "BB" tracks. Just plain tracks. My focus is having a consistent sound like a Real Band regardless of the song. I use an ESI Gigaport HD audio interface.It is 8 outputs, no inputs.
I assign tracks like this.
1. Drums
2. Kick
3. solos
4. horns
5. acoustic guitars
6. electric guitars
7. Piano
8. Organ
These 8 outs go to 8 ins on my Behringer xr16 mixer. The xr16 is just a box with 16 inputs, 4 aux outs and 2 main outs. It is controlled by software that connects via wifi.
The headphone out of the computer provides chords to my harmonizer. Not heard
One channel of the mixer is main vocals and two othere channels are harmony vocals.
I also use another track in RB with note data that, using a virtual midi cable, connects to QLite controller which is lighting software.I built a box that converts the lighting cues from usb to DMX512.
The mixer main outs go to my 3000 watt biamped pa. I use in ears out of the mixer.
15.6" Monitor

#450853 - 01/13/18 10:45 AM [RealBand] Re: I think I've had it with RB [Re: silvertones]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

BTW the juke box in RB crashed the program again. I bought PT2017 and its been perfect. I would recommend not using RB to play out if your setup is at al complex.
15.6" Monitor

#450891 - 01/13/18 01:08 PM [RealBand] Re: I think I've had it with RB [Re: silvertones]
LtKojak Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Milano, Italy
Originally Posted By: silvertones
Behringer xr16 mixer. The xr16 is just a box with 16 inputs, 4 aux outs and 2 main outs. It is controlled by software that connects via wifi.

I too use a similar system built by RCF.

http://mixer.rcf.it/rcf-m-series.html

It works and it sounds simply GREAT.
Hy-Bro Test Sound Files

#450980 - 01/13/18 06:14 PM [RealBand] Re: I think I've had it with RB [Re: silvertones]
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Thanks for the information on your setup. I thought it was likely a Behringer or similar brand stage box arrangement. The Fx plug-ins and routing options are really nice for almost any situation you'll encounter.

I had an X-32 for a while but it was too large for my studio so I sold it and considered the Air-X-18 to replace it but eventually settled on a SoundCraft signature 22MTK.

#451046 - 01/14/18 05:24 AM [RealBand] Re: I think I've had it with RB [Re: silvertones]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Hi John,

FWIW, after I visited you several years ago, I adapted my song list to your approach (more or less). The difference is that I mixed all audio down to a master track in order to keep processing to a minimum.

That left plenty of overhead for RB to display my chord/lyric sheet and send any MIDI to external devices for patch changes, real time volume and effects controls, harmonies etc.

And, like you, I ended up switching to Power Tracks for playback. It was always rock solid for me, didn't require me to convert everything to another format, and if I needed to tweak a sequence, I could edit my performance file directly in RB then move the result back to my gig folder where PT would open the same SEQ file format. I think that reason alone is enough to justify using PT for my playback software.

At the end of the day, lots of software does almost the same thing. At my age I don't want to reinvent the wheel. If PT is stable for playback and RB is good at putting the sequences I need together, and the same learning curve makes me familiar with both programs at the same time.. I like that.

Glad to have you back on the forum, my friend.

#452246 - 01/19/18 12:51 PM [RealBand] Re: I think I've had it with RB [Re: silvertones]
eddie1261 Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
John, does it crash if you take the multiply outputs out of the equation? I remember fighting with my 8 out firewire MOTU stuff a few years ago. There is that slight nuanced condition of whether the software is crashing or the hardware is crashing it. You have been using this hardware for a while without incident, right? I doubt the hardware has changed so there must be either an OS or a software condition that is causing it. Working backwards, what changed just before the crashing started? Have you tested with a different output just to make sure it is or isn't the software?

Very strange that something working stops working. The difference in my case of the MOTU stuff was that I was adding it and trying something different, so it isn't the same situation.

#452416 - 01/20/18 10:36 AM [RealBand] Re: I think I've had it with RB [Re: silvertones]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

It was 2 things:
1. The Jukebox has always been flaky but now it crashes the program at times.
2. One of the updates in 2017 set the buffer to 200. That's what caused me the biggest headache. I set it to 4000 and all is well.

I'm using PT 2017 to play out with. Much better and more stable.
15.6" Monitor

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

PG Music News
#TipTuesday - Finding Your Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®

If you've purchased one of the new Video RealTracks Sets released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018, finding them in the program is easy!

For the Video RealTracks, within the RealTracks Picker the "Set*" column will show "VideoFound" if the video RealTracks is installed.

For Video RealDrums, the RealDrums Picker will list this information within the "#" column.

Plus, You can easily find the video RealTracks in the StylesPicker. Just press the [Other] filter button (drop down menu) above the list and use "Show Styles with or without Video RealTracks" menu item.

Video RealTracks Sets 1-2 are included in the 49-PAK, which is available for purchase at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm. The 49-PAK is also included with any UltraPAK or Audiophile purchase!

All of our Video RealTracks Sets can be viewed and purchase at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Portuguese Edition for Windows® is Here!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=win&lang=pt

Nós ficamos ocupados e adicionamos mais de 50 novos recursos e uma incrível coleção de novos conteúdos, incluindo RealTracks, SuperTracks MIDI, Estudos Instrumentais, Loops, Performances de Artista, Presets de Amplitube e estilos associados, 12-Key RealTracks e Notação Hi-Q de Guitarra! Nós adicionamos 202 novos RealTracks, o dobro dos 101 que muitas vezes lançamos no passado! Agora, introduzindo o Video RealTracks (40 disponíveis entre Country, Pop e Jazz), que funcionam exatamente como o RealTracks, mas também incluem vídeos da performance do músico! Nós também fizemos um novo Xtra Styles PAK 4 com 160 novos Xtra Styles. (Xtra Styles são estilos baseados em RealTracks lançados anteriormente). Existem mais de 200 novos RealStyles para os nossos novos RealTracks, incluindo Americana, Klezmer, Top-40, Jazz Strings Pads, Vocals (oohs e aahs), New Crooner "Shout", estilos BigBand e muito mais! Nós temos um Bonus 49-PAK com 40 novos RealTracks inéditos além dos 202 acima, totalizando 242 novos RealTracks! O Bonus 49-PAK também inclui os Sets de Video RealTracks 1 e 2, 32 novos SuperTracks MIDI, 108 novos estudos instrumentais, 52 Loops e 8 Performances de artistas.

User Tip - Slowing Down and Looping Audio in Band-in-a-Box®

Forum user DeaconBlues09 created a video tutorial to help answer a fellow forum user's question:
Using the Audio Chord Wizard to tempo map, slow down, and learn the notes of an audio track - video link http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=R09Lf3bHjhQ

Forum thread: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=467504

Thanks for sharing!

#TBT - Band-in-a-Box® 2006 for Windows Ear Training Fun!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2006 for Windows we added two great games for ear training: Pitch Invasion and Music Replay!

Pitch Invasion helps to develop perfect pitch as you shoot down "alien" notes invading from above (you hear the note sound, and click on the on-screen piano/MIDI or QWERTY keyboard to shoot them down).

Music Replay develops your pitch, rhythm, and melody recognition by replaying what the program plays, in note, rhythm, or melodic modes.

These games can still be accessed with newer versions of the program - in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 you'll find these by accessing the Practice Window or Ear Training Window, both located in the Window drop-down menu. The Practice Window can also be accessed using the Practice button within the main Band-in-a-Box screen (don't see it? CTRL+T to change the view).

Learn all about the features released with Version 2006 here.

Video: Exporting Audio Files in Band-in-a-Box® 2018

Our latest video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows - Exporting Audio Files Tutorial walks you through the different options to export your Band-in-a-Box® songs and song tracks from Band-in-a-Box® as an audio file (WAV, MP3, etc.)!

http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=_Px958TmzhA

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Build 516 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box 2018 for Windows customer can download the latest free patch update here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#516

Summary of changes:
Improved: More RealTracks have HiQ transcriptions. Fixed Bass AmericanaSlow16thsByron bad chords.
Improved: The Audio Drivers dialog for WAS devices now shows Bit Depth in the device description.
Improved: WAS audio driver performance has been Improved when using 44.1 kHz sample rate.
Improved: Windows Audio Session error messages contain more specific information.
Updated: Misc. updates to StylePicker database, memos, manuals, help files.
Fixed: "BBW.LST not found" errors when using the Hybrid Style maker dialog.
Fixed: "mono" was being ignored when rendering a batch of songs to audio files.
Fixed: "normalize individual tracks" was only working for MIDI tracks.
Fixed: "One file per track" was being ignored when rendering a batch of songs to audio files.
Fixed: Access violation on bootup if using a Roland audio interface (ASIO) that is not connected.
Fixed: Adjusting Melody or Soloist tracks to fit a new number of choruses was not undo-able.
Fixed: An access violation error might occur in the RealTracks Picker if quickly scrolling and double-clicking to hear demos.
Fixed: Changing a track name using the StylePicker mixer controls might open a hidden popup window.
Fixed: Changing the number of choruses was not undo-able.
Fixed: Clicking on the far left of the Guitar window would cause a "!!!!!" flash message to show.
Fixed: If adjusting the number of choruses in your song, choosing Cancel is ignored when asked, "OK to adjust Melody track to fit new # of choruses?".
Fixed: JazzBebopDannyBrushes sometimes out of sync.
Fixed: Panning the audio track did not work.
Fixed: Some Amplitube presets/styles/demos pointed to a preset which wasn't available in some installs.
Fixed: Some typos and omissions in RealDrums Picker.
Fixed: The [.STY] button in the Hybrid Style maker dialog.
Fixed: The [Get Patch/Drum Kit Info] button in the MIDI drivers dialog would not find the synthesizer documentation.
Fixed: The About dialog was not showing the Fretlight Ready logo.
Fixed: The Audio Chord Wizard would always run in English.
Fixed: The busy mouse cursor might remain after analyzing audio with the Audio Chord Wizard.
Fixed: The PDF driver installer could not be launched from Band-in-a-Box.
Fixed: The Plugins window would be too small when using plugins that have a small GUI.
Fixed: Using a Coyote DXi synthesizer (eg CoyoteWT or ForteDXi) might cause crackling/buzzing noise during playback.
Fixed: Using a multi speaker layout (eg. 4 speakers surround sound) instead of stereo might cause failure to connect to audio hardware with error -9996. This only happened when using WAS as audio driver type.
Fixed: Video rendering would fail if saved using Japanese characters in file name.
Fixed: When saving a Hybrid style for the first time, the File Save dialog should start in the Styles directory.

PG Music Inc. Newsletter - Stay In-the-Loop!

Want to be notified when a new version of Band-in-a-Box®, PowerTracks, or other PG Music Inc. products are released? Sign up for the newsletter at http://www.pgmusic.com/newsletter.htm.

If you purchased Band-in-a-Box® (or any other PG Music Inc. product) directly from us, you're already on the list!

Of course, we also announce new releases and specials on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pgmusicinc/), Twitter account (https://twitter.com/BandinaBox), and right here in our Forums!

Forum Stats
27398 Members
50 Forums
51258 Topics
423149 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Dougtech, Julian - PG Music, jc595263, Meagannn, Jenna Morales

27398 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 204
Ember - PG Music 154