Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
One track had the perfect steel guitar part. so I froze it and exported to RealBAnd to save as a seq file. its preserved as I want it.

unfroze in BIAB next time to try a different arrangement but can't ever duplicate anything like the same steel guitar part. same style same patches totally different part. regenerate lots of times but nothing close to the original steel guitar.

is there a routine built into BIAB that prevents the same licks being played and insists there's no duplication for a certain number of re-generations? or is it totally random each time and I was just lucky first time?

Last edited by Bob Calver; 01/17/18 12:35 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
It's random, Bob. That's how the BIAB/RB generating process works.

Like you, when I hear something that I really like, I save it immediately as a wav file so that I can load it into my DAW if I want to. I also freeze the BIAB track(s) and save the file with a name that identifies what I like about that file. For example... "mysong-excellent guitar bars 1-8.mgu"

I end up with quite a collection of files but because they take up so little disk space, it's not an issue.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
and you need to be very careful because Realband does not honor a frozen BIAB track if you open it in RB.

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
If RB doesn't honour a frozen BIAB track how do I save a file as a seq file?

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
You don't save it as a SEQ file in BiaB.

You would save it as a BiaB type file (.SGU, .MGU), then in RealBand open the BiaB file and then save it as a native RealBand file type (.SEQ) from RealBand.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Journeyman
Journeyman
I dont use RealBand. Instead I use Cubase as my main DAW. That way I can freeze the tracks in BIAB and drop them as an audio file that won't change. Then I can go back into BIAB and render new versions without loosing the original. I especially find this useful for solo tracks. I'll usually take 2 or 3 renders of the same solo and splice them together to make something I like.

Samuel Davis Jr
BIAB 2018 + Cubase + Ignite
BMI

www.sammycountry.com
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I think all is explained. The track was originally generated and saved to PowerTracks when I had the megapack at the beginning of January. THat's the reference I've been using to try to regenerate the steel guitar. I liked BIAB 2018 so much I bought an upgrade to the ultrapack.

I checked the real tracks settings and there is an option to replace based on tempo. I think with the upgrade I got a whole lot of new RealTracks so now BIAB can substitute a RealTrack I didn't have before. So the steel guitar is actually different - 621 as opposed to 323 working from memory. Similar but different - hence the inability to get a steel guitar part reminiscent of the original.

It's a steep learning curve from the 2008 version!

Expert
Expert
Hi Bob
By the numbers you have given it seems like the original was a midi style ,
Not a real track style .
You don’t have to let BIAB substitute reaktracks for midi.
The setting is in Preferences / Options / Realtracks: remove tick from box Auto replace MIDI styles with real tracks when songs loaded.
Sorry if you knew this.
Regards
Mike

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
Veteran
Veteran
Bob,

One thing that might help with the tempo-based substitution of Realtracks is that if a single ~ character appears in front of a RT name (in the mixer), it means that there is a better choice of RT available but it hasn't been substituted.

If, however, two ~~ characters appear in front of the RT name (in the mixer), it means that the RT is a substitution.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. You won't regret getting the Ultrapak, it's incredible software.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
thanks guys. my problem is the sudden upgrade from 2008 to 2018 and the almost total reinvention of the program i need to learn!

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
One little trick may help you: Ctrl+T toggles from the older interface that will look more familiar to you, and the new interface that was introduced in BIAB 2017.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hello

Sorry to break into this resolved thread.

I'm new to BiaB and I'm working on my first song (transposing actually.) Right now I'm using BiaB as accompaniment for singing practice and eventually for lead sheets and chord charts.

So I just dove in head first and input the chords from a chord sheet that I'm working from and hit play. BiaB pretty much nailed it on the first try. I would like to experiment with some different styles and arrangements but I don't want to lose this beginners luck version.

"If you freeze the whole song, you don’t have to wait at all for the song to regenerate. Next time you play, it is ready to go."

This sounds like if I freeze the whole some it automatically regens the whole song. I'm a little confused on the freezing thing.

If I don't freeze a song can it get changed randomly? The help file is not real clear on this.

I've saved the song in BiaB and have not exported it to RB. If I don't freeze it in BiaB will RB change it?

Thanks

BIAB for Windows Version 2018 (513)
Windows 10
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Welcome to the forums.
Quote:
This sounds like if I freeze the whole some it automatically regens the whole song. I'm a little confused on the freezing thing.

If I don't freeze a song can it get changed randomly? The help file is not real clear on this.

My understanding is definitely 'Yes'. Next time you generate it will create a new arrangement of the song, unless the tracks you wanted to retain were frozen.

Quote:
I've saved the song in BiaB and have not exported it to RB. If I don't freeze it in BiaB will RB change it?
Yes, again. RealBand will generate a further variation of your arrangement.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
If you get one you like, freeze it and save it. Then save it under another name, unfreeze, and continue to experiment.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Thanks

BIAB for Windows Version 2018 (513)
Windows 10
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195