You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#449034 - 01/04/18 09:35 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Shots and holds for ALL chord options
The Soundsmith Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Monterey CA
Piano may have many options, but I play my own piano track.

Almost every track I create uses Oliver Gannon's guitar tracks, great stuff! But I need a full range of shots and holds for more complex chords (flat 9, augs, almost EVERY chord offers a 7th, a 6th and a #5, one version only and no complex changes.

These are vital to serious composition, please ask Mr. Gannon to reprise his work and fill out the options.

Granted, I do not need an F7b5b9 for my hard-rock shuffles, but for the Great American Songbook, these are everyday needs.

I have asked for this since 2014, BTW...

Edited by The Soundsmith (01/04/18 09:35 AM)

#449043 - 01/04/18 10:20 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Shots and holds for ALL chord options [Re: The Soundsmith]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
I think +1.

About Holds, there was a long discussion of this at one time, perhaps in response to an earlier post by you - I don't recall that part. But PG Music told us something like only major and minor chords could be relied on to work with holds on endings. I probably have oversimplified that, and I don't have a reference. Nevertheless I think you are correct that some chords will simply not hold.

And as a jazz composer, I do need F7(b5,b9), or F7alt, to be held in my songs.

About Shots, I don't have a problem as-is. What are you having trouble with?
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac Pro]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & 6" monitors.

#449044 - 01/04/18 10:30 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Shots and holds for ALL chord options [Re: The Soundsmith]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
The issue also is that, if you have a hold in BIAB, do you really want all the instruments ( guitar, piano, and strings track instruments) to all be playing all the same notes F-A-Cb-Eb (F7b5) simultaneously.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#449046 - 01/04/18 10:34 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Shots and holds for ALL chord options [Re: The Soundsmith]
Cerio Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Spain
Originally Posted By: The Soundsmith

These are vital to serious composition

Agree, +1

#449049 - 01/04/18 10:38 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Shots and holds for ALL chord options [Re: The Soundsmith]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Adding another vote of support.
+1

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#449054 - 01/04/18 10:55 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Shots and holds for ALL chord options [Re: jford]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Originally Posted By: jford
The issue also is that, if you have a hold in BIAB, do you really want all the instruments ( guitar, piano, and strings track instruments) to all be playing all the same notes F-A-Cb-Eb (F7b5) simultaneously.

I normally do. I used to, with all MIDI. But you raise an interesting point: it would be nice to have options.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac Pro]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & 6" monitors.

#449064 - 01/04/18 11:26 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Shots and holds for ALL chord options [Re: Matt Finley]
John-Luke Offline
Expert

Loc: France
"Shots and holds for ALL chord options"

More than 100 types of chords are allowed in BIAB.

Not sure you will get shots and holds for ALL that stuff...

So some choices will have to be done by somebody ...

#449137 - 01/04/18 06:35 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Shots and holds for ALL chord options [Re: The Soundsmith]
The Soundsmith Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Monterey CA
First-thanks guys, for the votes of support. John Luke, you are right that there are many options to cover. But this is a forum, I tried to simplify the header.

The need is for two things: more voicing choices on the existing shots/holds, and additional shots and holds for more advanced chords.In truth, it doesn't need to be a lot, a dozen should be fine, if each has three voicing/performance selections.

Major and minor 6ths and 7ths and the b9/b5 and dim/half-dim options two or three each by the artist would be an enormous asset.

As it is, I can live with muting a guitar shot if the bass is solid, but holds I have to reconstruct in my DAW. Thanks for joining in.

#451899 - 01/17/18 07:16 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Shots and holds for ALL chord options [Re: The Soundsmith]
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

Loc: Philippines
+1
My tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.

#451967 - 01/18/18 08:31 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Shots and holds for ALL chord options [Re: The Soundsmith]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
+1. David, thanks for revisiting the request. The discussion is interesting. It seems that there is always the desire for more options.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#452109 - 01/18/18 05:16 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Shots and holds for ALL chord options [Re: The Soundsmith]
John Payne Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Rockwall, TX, USA
+1

#452516 - 01/20/18 07:05 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Shots and holds for ALL chord options [Re: John Payne]
Petimar Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Seattle
+1 me 2!
14 free PDF Instruction Books

www.Jazz-Mandolin.com
Jazz instruction for Mandolin

#463248 - 03/20/18 06:49 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Shots and holds for ALL chord options [Re: The Soundsmith]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: The Soundsmith
P......Almost every track I create uses Oliver Gannon's guitar tracks, great stuff! But I need a full range of shots and holds for more complex chords (flat 9, augs, almost EVERY chord offers a 7th, a 6th and a #5, one version only and no complex changes....

You can make any chord hold/shot for Oliver's guitar using the Free Archtop Guitar for RealTrack Jazz Electric Guitar (27)

In this video Oliver is playing then Down Town is played with the Sforzando Archtop in the midi track under.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6krkobu3yb65wsr/RealTrack-ShinyGuitar.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6krkobu3yb65wsr/RealTrack-ShinyGuitar.mp4?dl=1

In a midi track load Sforzando and in the piano roll where the shot or hold is just create whatever chord you like, draw long notes for a hold and short notes for a shot and the Sforzando Archtop vst will play it as if it's Oliver himself, just set to F5 > mute Oliver's RT Archtop where the holds or shots are played by the vst.

#463357 - 03/21/18 12:39 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Shots and holds for ALL chord options [Re: Pipeline]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Pipline,

That's pretty amazing. You never quit coming up with great ideas and workarounds.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#467565 - 04/16/18 05:11 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Shots and holds for ALL chord options [Re: The Soundsmith]
zedd Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Vancouver, BC
I will add what I thought this wish list item was, but wasn't...

I would also really like to better bar control for shots and holds, so that we could command ALL bars (or selected bars) to hold their chords in one quick and simple step (e.g. if you just wanted a strumming guitar to execute a single strum on each bar for a simpler accompaniment which you could double with the same RealTrack without the holds for more beef).

It would be such a time saver not to have to set up each hold individually. Very time consuming as it is presently.

#467580 - 04/16/18 06:51 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Shots and holds for ALL chord options [Re: The Soundsmith]
Kent - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi Zedd,

This is mostly already possible. smile

Look for the "Held' checkbox in the RealTracks Picker, it's near the top-right, near the Bluesy, Simpler, and Direct Input checkboxes.

If you check that box when choosing a RealTrack, it'll hold every chord. This won't tell it to play a hold on each bar though, unless you enter one chord per bar.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Quinn Bachand - Hard at Work!

Check it out - this is happening NOW... Quinn Bachand's latest RealTracks recording session!

Image: http://www.pgmusic.com/gfx/Quinn_Session.jpeg

Listen to demos of Quinn's existing RealTracks at http://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php?a=61&os=win&sortby=name

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade for Mac

Did you know....

If you are currently using a Band-in-a-Box® 2017 UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK and are wanting to upgrade to the new version, with the 202 new RealTracks that were just released, the PlusPAK upgrade is a great option! This is available on DVD, flash drive, or electronic delivery - simply install the content to your existing 2017 BB folder! Add the 49-PAK to your purchase, and you'll complete the RealTracks library with the 40 BONUS unreleased RealTracks!

This package is on sale for just $99 during our special (reg. $129): http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.pluspak.htm.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK for Mac

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac during our special and you will receive a Free Bonus PAK which includes Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, 10 MIDI SuperTracks, 7 Instrumental Studies, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated bonus Styles, and 52 Loops for Band-in-a-Box!

Take it a step further and add a 49-PAK to your purchase for only $49! Add the 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac purchase and you'll receive these GREAT Band-in-a-Box Add-ons:
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band
ALL 40 UNRELEASED Bonus RealTracks
22 MIDI SuperTracks
101 Instrumental Studies
Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK: Video link - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac- 49-PAK Overview

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 Pro & MegaPAK RealCombos!

We've added MORE to the RealCombos included in the Pro & MegaPAK packages with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Pro includes 300 RealTracks instruments in over 100 bands - that's 100+ more than previous years - listen to them here.

There are now over 500 RealTracks in 300 Bands in the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 MegaPAK! Take a look at all the RealTracks & RealDrums in the MegaPAK here.

To receive the new version with these new RealCombos, upgrade during our special for as little as $59! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm.

Get ALL the Regular RealTracks & RealDrums when you upgrade to an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition!

Title Track Day, May 23, 2018!

Did you know... today is Title Track Day!

Which album do you think of on this special day? Better yet, have you created your own album and named it after a song?

Join the converation...

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends May 31st!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)!

Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=7ZrfGSqjaOU

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - on sale until May 31st!

Forum Stats
27519 Members
50 Forums
51875 Topics
428661 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Dixiesatellite72, hhbailey, medblues, Terry V, The Captain

27519 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 360
Noel96 154