You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#452484 - 01/20/18 02:53 PM [Other Programs Wishlist] Praise & Worship Forum Section
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
I've noticed multiple forum members have day jobs as worship center music directors. Some have mentioned using Band-in-a-Box to create music for worship services.

My idea is to have a Praise & Worship forum section to exchange conversations relating to the creation of songs for use in worship services. The conversations may range from song arrangement requests for assistance, ideas for songs to use during a service, how to perform certain Band-in-a-Box tasks and so on.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#452514 - 01/20/18 06:25 PM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: Praise & Worship Forum Section [Re: Jim Fogle]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
That could be useful for me. It’s a small part of what I do, but I am the church director of instrumental music for special/holiday services. We have very odd instrumentation so I have to write or revise just about everything. I often use BIAB along with other tools in this effort. Collaborating with others could be helpful.

Good suggestion, Jim.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#452816 - 01/22/18 05:19 AM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: Praise & Worship Forum Section [Re: Jim Fogle]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
As the paid director of Music Ministries at the Methodist church I attend, I would love to have a discussion area for church related music.

Even though my main focus is choir-centric traditional worship style, I also work with the contemporary praise team and we often have special music events. So I can see a lot of benefit to this kind of forum.

+1

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#452918 - 01/22/18 12:50 PM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: Praise & Worship Forum Section [Re: Jim Fogle]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

The only reason I can think of NOT to do this is that others will want a separate forum for each music genre. I think we want to avoid that. In my opinion, there are too many subforums now. I wonder if this is more of a Tips and Tricks type of topic? I don't know.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#452989 - 01/22/18 06:48 PM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: Praise & Worship Forum Section [Re: Matt Finley]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Church music is not a genre. It is non secular. Every music genre I know of has a Praise & Worship equivalent be it classical, folk, rock, hip-hop, country, blues. The only one I'm not sure of is jazz because I don't know much about jazz.

My concern while writing the post is forum members that do not have a Christian heritage would feel excluded. While that is possible I don't believe that is the case.

Band-in-a-Box predominately supports Western based music. I have acquaintances from the Middle East and Pacific rim and Western music is becoming increasingly intertwined with music from these cultures. I believe any person using BiaB realizes the program is based on Western music so, while their religious songs may not be as familiar to us as traditional Praise & Worship songs they still will follow that concept. (Difficult to explain. I hope that made sense.)

The other negative thought I had is the underlying subject matter, religion, may make some users feel uncomfortable. That argument is more difficult to defend. By nature, this forum wants to be inclusive. A forum can't be inclusive if it makes someone uncomfortable.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#452992 - 01/22/18 07:06 PM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: Praise & Worship Forum Section [Re: Jim Fogle]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Oh sure, plenty of jazz. I’ve done a lot. Classical normally, but jazz and folk often too. I see your point

#453341 - 01/24/18 06:44 AM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: Praise & Worship Forum Section [Re: Jim Fogle]
edshaw Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Colorado
Can't you ask a tough one, Jim? Seriously, though, I would
not want to see us risk the informality and range of interests the forum has now. I want to keep up wth what everyone is doing.
This is not to say the hymnal could not use better representation in the styles sheets. I'm working on a BB
for a version of "It'll Be Worth It After, All," done in the classic non denominational gospel soul style, a lot of pauses and syncopation. I'mhaving a time of it. Hey, that's half the fun. (Anyone willing to take a crack at it?)

Gospel jazz is what reignited the Duke Ellington band when it looked like dance bands were history -- 1956. Then, there was Ray.
TEAC Digital deck
HD Stereo field recorder w/ clock

PG Music News
#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Video - Using the StylePicker in Band-in-a-Box®

We've just updated our StylePicker video tutorial - see the latest version here.
This video uses Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows, however all of the functions are applicable to the Mac version.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 5 - All Xtra Styles are On Sale Until August 31st!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 includes over 160 fully-mixed styles in 4 volumes: Rock-Pop 5, Jazz 5, Country 5, and MIDI 1. Learn more about these new RealStyles with our latest video: click here to view

During our Xtra Styles PAK special, we're offering some GREAT sale pricing on ALL of our Xtra Styles PAKs!

$29 each: Xtra Styles PAK Volumes 1-5 (reg. $49) or for a limited time purchase ALL 5 for only $99!

$49: purchase the Xtra StylesPAK + Unreleased RealTracks bundle (reg. $79). The "Unreleased RealTracks" refer to the 40 Bonus RealTracks included in the 2018 49-PAK - a great purchase option if you did not add the 49-PAK to your UltraPAK or Audiophile Upgrade during our Version 2018 release special.

$119: Xtra Styles PAKs 1-5 + Unreleased RealTracks - limited time offer

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAK 5, listen to demos, or purchase today:
Xtra Styles PAKs for Windows
Xtra Styles PAKs for Mac

Forum Stats
27823 Members
51 Forums
52974 Topics
439621 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
brothert67, Robertbudpratt, BennyP, Musicmanicny, LionelNeufTrois