You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#406112 - 04/08/17 07:35 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Okay, seriously... some real orchestra grooves
filkertom Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Check this out:
https://sonuscore.com/the-orchestra-coming-soon/

Now, obviously, PG doesn't have to rent a whole orchestra -- we should be able to do with with good instruments. I'm trying to do something like this with UserTracks, but it's gonna take me time.

But duuuuuudes! Sonuscore already has awesome string and percussion libraries like this. They're encroaching on PG's turf! wink
Win10/64 • i5-3570K • 16 GB RAM
Audiophile 192 • BIAB 2017 • Reaper 5
AKG C1000S • Behringer Xynex1002

#406174 - 04/08/17 02:44 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Okay, seriously... some real orchestra grooves [Re: filkertom]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
That is intriguing. Let's see how it works in May.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#432778 - 10/08/17 10:38 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Okay, seriously... some real orchestra grooves [Re: Matt Finley]
filkertom Offline
Veteran

Okay, in case nobody has noticed, this came out... and it's amazing.

https://sonuscore.com/shop/the-orchestra/

It's easy, it's fun, it sounds wonderful... and it's seriously out of my budget, unless I buy no incidentals until spring.

Is it not possible to get at least some completely classical RealStyles? Pretty please? Mozart quartet, Tchaikowsky big orchestra, Beethoven or Chopin piano? Even just basic string and brass riffs would be awesome.

#432828 - 10/08/17 05:42 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Okay, seriously... some real orchestra grooves [Re: filkertom]
Hugh2 Offline
Apprentice

Hi Filkertom,
Im with you on the classical realstyles.Id love that and would open up a whole new world.Biab tops everything sound wise,Hugh

#432844 - 10/09/17 03:15 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Okay, seriously... some real orchestra grooves [Re: filkertom]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

#432864 - 10/09/17 08:57 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Okay, seriously... some real orchestra grooves [Re: filkertom]
filkertom Offline
Veteran

Pipeline -- looks interesting! Only problem is, it's for the regular, full-price Kontakt player. The Orchestra works in the Kontakt Player as well.

#432868 - 10/09/17 09:41 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Okay, seriously... some real orchestra grooves [Re: filkertom]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

I just thought they are a bit cheaper then the orchestra $400.

But thanks for the link, I got the free ones to try !

Click here to download FREE HD ORCHESTRA CHORDS 65meg

Click here to download FREE SUSTAINED STRING CHORDS 300meg

#433155 - 10/12/17 06:06 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Okay, seriously... some real orchestra grooves [Re: filkertom]
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Originally Posted By: filkertom
Okay, in case nobody has noticed, this came out... and it's amazing.

https://sonuscore.com/shop/the-orchestra/

It's easy, it's fun, it sounds wonderful... and it's seriously out of my budget, unless I buy no incidentals until spring.

Is it not possible to get at least some completely classical RealStyles? Pretty please? Mozart quartet, Tchaikowsky big orchestra, Beethoven or Chopin piano? Even just basic string and brass riffs would be awesome.

A HUGE plus 1 Tom

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#433606 - 10/15/17 02:54 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Okay, seriously... some real orchestra grooves [Re: filkertom]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
I bought Kontak 5 and I thought I was going to get every instrument from NI, but I just got the Kontakt library.
music producer/engineer

#433776 - 10/16/17 04:59 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Okay, seriously... some real orchestra grooves [Re: Islansoul]
Jim Fogle Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Islansoul,

I know how disappointed you must feel. Since I don't have Kontakt I visited +++ Native Instruments website +++ to see what instrument bundles they offer.

There are three bundles: "Komplete 11 Select" for $199 which offers 11 products, 2,500+ sounds, 25+ GB of instruments and effects., "Komplete 11" for $599 which offers 45 products, 13,000+ sounds, 155+ GB of instruments and effects and "Komplete 11 Ultimate" for "$1,199 which offers 87 products, 18,000+ sounds, 500+ GB of instruments and effects.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#433936 - 10/17/17 11:21 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Okay, seriously... some real orchestra grooves [Re: filkertom]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
When you buy just the Kontakt product, you only get the Kontakt Factory Library with it. NI also sells lots of other Kontakt instruments that work in Kontakt that are not included in the base product.

It's frustrating that you got less than you expected (as happens here when someone buys the BIAB Pro-Pak and think they are getting everything).

The good news is that now that you have it and have registered it, you should receive sales notices on things like the Komplete bundles (as Jim Fogle referenced above), which include Kontakt instruments and other instruments (such as Massive, Absynth, Battery, Reaktor, etc.

Komplete Ultimate is expensive (at $1,199), but if you wait for a sale, you will probably find you can get it eventually at about half that price (since you now already own Kontakt.

For example, I started out by buying Guitar Rig 5 Pro on sale for $59. I then soon bought Komplete 8 for $299. Then I got Komplete 8 Ultimate for $292 (full price at the time I believe was around $800 or $900).

Komplete 9 Ultimate upgrade cost me $399, but Komplete 10 Ultimate cost $199, as did Komplete 11 Ultimate.

So I have gotten most of what Native Instruments offers over the past 5 years for not much more than the one-time full price of the current Komplete 11 Ultimate just because I originally bought the stand-alone Guitar Rig 5 Pro (on sale).

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#434041 - 10/18/17 07:55 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Okay, seriously... some real orchestra grooves [Re: Islansoul]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I have had Kontakt for a number of years now. My advice is to look at other libraries than NI's. I have found that they can be less expensive and be as good as NI's. Of course there are many that are more expensive also but has been stated always look for sales.

If you are looking for a decent orchestra at a good price look at either Solid State Orchestra for around $60 USD:

http://www.indiginus.com/solidstatehome.html

or Kirk Hunter's orchestra software like Virtuoso Ensembles on sale right not for $90 USD:

https://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/products/virtuoso-ensemble/

or Diamond Orchestra which when on sale is a great buy:

http://vstbuzz.com/deals/78-off-diamond-symphony-orchestra/

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#434057 - 10/18/17 09:59 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Okay, seriously... some real orchestra grooves [Re: filkertom]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Indiginus Solid State Orchestra is very cool and a lot of fun to just play with using a keyboard.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#452392 - 01/20/18 08:16 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Okay, seriously... some real orchestra grooves [Re: filkertom]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
after watching this walk through, I have to admit I'm impressed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x1DKsMyJkM&t=330s

Somewhat less impressed with the exchange rate between the Euro and USD... price goes from 372 euros to over $450

But I like the fact that they have built many of the cinematic cliches into their library. Expensive as it is, it makes a lot of possibilities available right now, without waiting to see if another vendor comes up with something similar in one, two or ten years.

Life on this planet has an expiration date. Every year spent waiting is gone forever. I suppose we could consider the price to be not just the price of a cool product, but also a buyback of time during which we didn't have to wait.

Add in the possibility that PGMusic might not EVER create any cinematic real tracks. In that case, time spent waiting would more than offset a $450 price tag.

But what if PGMusic DOES eventually offer cinematic RTs? In that case, we buy 'em and justify it as normal Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

It's just money. You can always get more money, but you can't get any more time.

update:
having said all that, it looks like a lot of the cool stuff is accomplished through envelopes and arpeggiators. If you already have a pretty good orchestral library, it might be time well spent to experiment with your midi arpeggiator plugin to see if you can create patterns that are useful for cinema.

Edited by Pat Marr (01/20/18 08:21 AM)

#452970 - 01/22/18 04:52 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Okay, seriously... some real orchestra grooves [Re: filkertom]
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
LOVE to have some real classical styles too, and NOT PLEASE NOT all for fast tempos....There's a whole load of music that should be played at speeds lower than say 50.
I'm just getting to grips with East Wests' massive library of orchestra & choirs. Used in conjunction with band in a box the end results could be simply staggering. SO YES PLEASE gaffers, a huge plus one for classics

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27840 Members
51 Forums
53043 Topics
440388 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Guitarrocks, helmut_K, Jerome1968, jfrances, LatinoMike

27840 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 141