Robertkc #453591 01/25/18 07:31 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Noel,
A wonderfully heartfelt lyric, strong vocal and lovely, elegant melody...this is pure Noel!
Those three guitars blend seemlessly.
I concur with Janne : your beautiful songs and ever positive contributions are a highlight of this forum.

Robert

Robert,

I appreciate the visit! Thank you for listening and for commenting. I always find it very valuable how others hear my songs because I lose mixing objectivity very early in the process. I'm glad to read that it 'worked' for you.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
AudioTrack #453592 01/25/18 07:37 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Extraordinarily beautiful Noel.

You've paid a superb and generous tribute to Alan & Di. They will be thrilled with your dedication.

Melodically and Lyrically this is just brilliant.

And your selfless comment that 'that life has not always been generous to Alan and Di'. I'm sure that might apply to others who visit here also. Wishing them all health and happiness for 2018 and beyond.

Trev

Trev,

Thank you! Without a doubt, and as I'm sure you've picked up from forum comments over the years, Alan and Di are remarkable people. This song would never have come into being if it wasn't for them.

I appreciate your continued support and I join in with you wishing everyone good health and happiness smile

Best wishes,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
PeterF #453677 01/25/18 01:01 PM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Noel

Superb work. Lovely lyric, melodic appropriate backing and nicely performed.
An excellent production.

Peter

Thanks, Peter. I appreciate the listen and the comments.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Wow, I really love how inspired everyone is here by one another! I think that's probably one of my favourite things about this forum. Everyone encourages and inspires everyone else's creativity! This was a really great song, and you made some really beautiful choices.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for visiting the thread, Ember, and having a listen to my song. I agree, it's a great forum and it seems to get better and better as time passes. PG Music did well when they created this little bit of the web smile

Best regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #453734 01/25/18 07:58 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow Noel. What a touching and heartfelt tribute. So gentle and the simple backing helps the vocal really stand out. Ended to soon ! Simply beautiful.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
dani48 #453824 01/26/18 07:38 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Noel !

So sweet, so beautiful !
The best from you without
doubt, friend Noel !!

Wonderful music !

Cheers
Dani

Dani,

Thank you heaps for taking the time to have a listen and to write a comment. I appreciate it.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Scott C #453951 01/26/18 09:30 PM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
What a lovely tune Noel. I first want an excellent vocal. It was so tastefully down and expressed such a lovely lyric. The guitars in the background were the perfect choice. Well done

Scott,

Thank you for the visit. It's always good to see you and read what you think about my songs. I'm always cautious when it comes to working with guitars because my instrument is piano and guitars are a bit harder for me to mix. That's why I appreciate your comments. Your expertise is the guitar so, if my songs work for you, that's always a hopeful sign smile

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Noel,

What a wonderfully moving and touching song. I watched Alan and Di's videos, and like you was very impressed at their loving interaction. Your song is so well written. One of your best. Really enjoyed it!

Your Texan friend,

Steve

Steve,

Thank you for the taking the time. I know it's in short supply for you and I really appreciate it.

I hope that 2018 is shaping up to be a worthy year for you and your family smile

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Noel,

What a wonderfully moving and touching song. I watched Alan and Di's videos, and like you was very impressed at their loving interaction. Your song is so well written. One of your best. Really enjoyed it!

Your Texan friend,

Steve

Hey Steve,

Thank you for passing through the thread. I always smile when I see that you've visited. Glad to read that you like it! Appreciate the support.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #454295 01/28/18 03:10 PM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
This is a really pretty song and beautifully sung.

Al-David #454594 01/30/18 01:46 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Noel,

I left a couple of comments on your Soundcloud post not long after you posted it (thanks for the PM!). But I never got back here, until now, to leave a comment on this great forum.

Di and I are both so appreciative of this. It literally brought tears to our eyes. We can't thank you enough for rendering such a beautiful song that came as an inspiration from one of our forum posts. It sounds like Noel Adams - no one else. And that makes us very happy. That Adams guy is pretty danged good, you know!

we all have our challenges in life and sometimes get a burnt burger when we were expecting a steak. Every day is a struggle for her - and sometimes me - but we have a closet full of tenacity. I miss those days when she and I would spend hours in front of that camera and sing our silly butts off. And she's always been gorgeous to me.

Again, a personal and very heartfelt thanks for this masterpiece. God bless, my friend. And we send our love and well wishes for others on this forum who have to face uphill battles of their own.

Alan & Di

Alan and Di,

There are no two ways about it. You both are amazing! Thank you for the encouragement. It was absolutely my pleasure to be able to write this.

Always best wishes and lots of good thoughts,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
gruverider #454595 01/30/18 01:52 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gruverider
Wonderful tribute to Al and Di!

I love your choice of realtracks and your arrangement. It blends smoothly with the lyrics and together they make for a beautiful song.

It's always good to see a new song posted by you and I enjoy and appreciate the stories behind the inspiration. You are always so generous with your comments and time. You make this community all the more engaging and warm.

Hi Lawrence,

I apologise that it's taken me so long to reply to you. It seems that the journey that took me away from the forum a little while back is still not over and it required me to be absent again for a bit. That's life, though.

Thank you for taking the time to visit Soundcloud and have a listen. I always appreciate reading what you have to say. Now I just need to learn to be as creative as you!

Thanks again,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #454710 01/30/18 10:34 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is gorgeous Noël!
Such a heartfelt and respectful tribute.

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

floyd jane #454926 01/31/18 10:32 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Noel,

This is beautiful. A beautiful tribute to beautiful forum friends.

A lovely write. I especially like the "knock knock knock" - most folks would not think to do that. The melody is extraordinary - going places that surprised me at ever turn.

The production is super. Those acoustics sound SO good. Excellent mix - everything sits well. A delightfully "relaxed" vocal. So nice!

fj

Hey floyd,

Thanks for dropping in! It's always great to see you smile I'm glad you picked up on the 'knock knock knock'. I was trying to think of some way to make the act of knocking on a door an aural experience by using words. This seemed to do the job (for me at least).

Also, thank you for your thoughts on the mix, etc. Getting guitars 'right' is always a big challenge for me because I'm a keyboard player. These days, I avoid plugins other than Ozone for the final mix and some EQ to reduce bass-related muddiness. The instruments that come from PG Music seem to do the job really well with minimal adjusting.

Hope things are sailing along well for you up there above the equator.

All the best,
Noel

P.S. I'm very mindful that I've let a couple of your songs slip past me. I sincerely apologise for that. I'm planning on tracking them down!

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
What a great song Noel! Just like the title, it is "Beautiful" as well as the thought behind the composition! There is a ton of feeling exuding from this that just reaches out and grabs the listeners heart! Wonderful job! Thanks, Torrey

Hi Torrey,

It's good to see you. I really appreciate your taking time to visit, listen and comment. Your continued support means a lot.

Thank you,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #455014 01/31/18 09:28 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,
There's a touch of the Go Betweens' Robert Forster to your phrasing.
Nice work.
heartfelt lyrics and melody.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
tommyad #455032 02/01/18 12:55 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Noel, This is an amazing tribute ti Alan and Di. Exquisite production and sung with the perfect amount of expression and emotion. The arrangement is top notch with the holds and mix can't be topped. I love the chord choices. In a word - Fantastic, Tom

Tom,

Thank you. Your comments started my day in a perfect way. I appreciate that.

I think that I'm discovering that the lesser the number of instruments I have in a mix, the more chance I have of getting it to sound ok! I don't think I could ever adventure into the territory of some of those productions that you and floyd seem to put together so effortlessly... maybe one day.

Thanks again for taking the time.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Robert used the word "elegant" in describing your song.

We would add "classy" to that. Our collaboration with you, our conversations and ALL of your productions have been an inspiration to the two of us. And So Beautiful continues the trend in a most lovely manner.

The lyric, the melody and your vocal have a symbiosis which very few artists can match.

And we often voice our love of productions that work with a small number of tracks. This is a GREAT example of that.

Simply outstanding.

J&B

Hey Janice&Bud,

I appreciate your visit to the thread and your comments. Thank you for listening!

I'm just about to head off for my first day of teaching for the year and reading through your thoughts once more this morning has given me the shot of enthusiasm I needed! I'm really, really grateful for that smile

All the best to you both!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #455266 02/02/18 05:55 AM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
This is incredible, Noel smile The way this is presented is so interesting to me. It definitely has a unique quality to it I can’t put my finger on. And by the way - your vocal performance here is unreal! Overall it is just a well executed and well written tune.

Great work - you should be proud of this! Thanks for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Noel

Simple but very beautiful song.
The acoustic arrangement really fits this tune.
I love very much the chord progression at end of the bridge.
Your vocal is very pleasant.
I think this tune is a little short.
I thought that it would be nice to repeat the bridge and the last clause after adding an interlude.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Hi Shigeki Adachi,

It's always good to see you! I'm glad you had a chance to visit and to have a listen. I appreciate your comments. Also, thanks for your thoughts on lengthening the song. I haven't tried those yet but I will get around to it smile

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,489
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195