Band-in-a-Box for Windows
B
Bernard Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
I already have brought this topic after installing BiaB 2018:
A certain number of old and new demos were "missing", at least, the style picker was returning a "not found" screen when trying to load the demo.

Meanwhile, a patch seems to have solved the problem for the new Demos (ex _Airily)
but not for the older ones (ex -BomMed+ (Bomba Medium).

In fact, I have checked with my older version 2017 and found that all the relative demo songs are still there in BiaB 2018... Only there are not "linked" to the relevant style.
As an ex., the style Afro Folk 6/8 returns a "not found" when trying to load the demo song, although there is a demo corresponding (SalsaAfroCuban68_Folk_114 demo) to be found in the "songs picker" of BiaB 2018.

The next question is: how do I "link" style and demo? In former versions, I had the possibility to place a demo with exactly the same name as the style and it was done.. Only this has been a (wise) tidying up action in BiaB 2018...
Bernard

Bernard #453764 01/26/18 02:37 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Bernard,

The below thread was recently posted that seems to be about the same problem that you describe

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=452551#Post452551

If this is the case, I believe that Build 509 fixed some of these issues.

PG Music are aware of this problem. It seems that some of the SGU/MGU files that partner the audio and style files were not put in the correct folder. Andrew has said that this will be fixed with a patch.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #453772 01/26/18 04:25 AM
B
Bernard Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
OK, Noel, thanks for the information.
I have, of course read the mail from PG, stating they would solve the problem.
I have installed patch 509 as soon as it came out, and, of course, I am impatient!!
(have to relax and cool down, certainly!).
This does not answer the question: How do I link a given style with a demo in BiaB 2018? Let say I create a new demo and want to link it with a particular style..
The possibility of this manipulation existed under former versions of BiaB.
Anybody would know?
Bernard

Bernard #453835 01/26/18 08:38 AM
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
This issue should be fixed already, so I'm not sure what's going on there. I would suggest installing the patch again just to be sure, and check Help | About Band-in-a-Box that you have build 509.

The styles you mention should have demos present and found.
AfrFk68
-AfrFk68
-BomMed+

Taking \bb\Styles\AfrFk68.sty as an example, the demo is \bb\Demos\MIDI Style Demos\Styles70\AfrFk68.MGU
Any MIDI style demo can alternatively be in the "\bb\MIDI Style Demos\Misc" folder or the "...Drums - Demos" folder, or even the main bb folder. RealStyles and MST demos should be in "RealTracks - Demos" or "MIDI SuperTracks - Demos"

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
B
Bernard Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
Thanks Andrew for joining in...
The "problem" is as follows: If I want to open a particular type of file directly in the style picker, I get (even after patch 510 loaded this morning)
a "not found" return. This is the case, for ex. with the file -AfrFk68
(2007.11 misc).
Now, I have found that, if I give this title in the filter string, I get 2 files,
-AfrFk68 and
AfrFk68.
With the second file, I open the corresponding demo without problem (and can, of course, load the -AfrFk68 style). My question is where does the "difference" come from?
And at the same time, how can I define a new demo song to match a given style. I have not clearly understood your explanation... (sorry..)
Bernard

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi Bernard,

I understand your question and the answer is that the difference between the two files is quite trivial. In fact, in this case the demos are the same unless you have unchecked the option to always substitute MIDI drums for RealDrums in the RealDrums Preferences. AfrFk68.MGU is "pure MIDI" with MIDI drums. -AfrFk68.MGU is all MIDI except for the Drums. For some reason you don't appear to have the -AfrFk68.MGU file in the \bb\Demos\Drums - Demos folder where it is expected. You could fix by installing the realdrums* files from your online account.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
B
Bernard Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
OK, now, I get it!
I have really a lot of demos which are not directly available within the style picker... They are all "misc" and with the first sign -

So I solve this with different medicine according to the case:

1) I find the file (-...) within the styles demos (?) and transport it to the drums demos.

2) I load the song file without the first - (that is without the RDrums) and add a RDrum before saving the file under the RDrums-demos, taking care that the demo name is the same as the style name.

A lot of work, but as explained, I love starting from an old midi (MGU) file and progressively change it by adding RTs or HQ instruments....
Bernard

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,578
Posts734,633
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai, Tony1234
38,498 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193