You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#454173 - 01/28/18 08:19 AM [Off-Topic] Jazzmaster needed!
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Not the guitar, a master jazz player!

I am working on an instrumental jazz piece, as I am trying to stretch my songwriting into other areas. The lead line of the piece is guitar and sax playing a unison line. Those I can handle as it is not complex. However, there is improv space for solos, and that I CAN'T handle. SO I am recruiting for this one. The same would be well served with a David Sanborn/Jay Beckenstein kind of feel. The guitar I am thinking along the lines of Lee Ritenour, Pat Matheny or Chet Catallo kind of player. It'll probably be 16 or possibly 32 bars of each. Maybe even 16 of one, 16 of the other and then a section where they trade phrases. Perhaps Mr Snyder would like to take a run at this?

Anybody here play that style of guitar?

The link is to a Spyro Gyra tune called Philly, and this is Chet Catallo playing the solo at about 1:57 in. This solo is exactly the kind of thing I hear in my head for this yet unwritten song.

Philly by Spyra Gyra

Thanks!

Edited by eddie1261 (01/28/18 08:22 AM)

#454242 - 01/28/18 01:31 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Jazzmaster needed! [Re: eddie1261]
Ryszard Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kennesaw (Atlanta) GA
Is “Dean Clark” (a pseudonym for Aleck Rand, or vice versa) still active here? He would have been eminently capable of that and glad to do it. However, last I heard, he was having debilitating health issues. Worth checking, though.

Richard

#454517 - 01/29/18 05:46 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Jazzmaster needed! [Re: eddie1261]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Eddie, have you ever taken the Jazz Improvisation class from Berklee, taught by Gary Burton? You can audit the class for free. It messed with my head but also showed me what was possible with formulaic improvisation. I need to take that one again!

#454525 - 01/29/18 06:24 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Jazzmaster needed! [Re: rockstar_not]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Scott, it's not the brain side that I am lacking. It's the physical skills. My mind's ear knows exactly what I want. My fingers can't play it.

#454646 - 01/30/18 08:10 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jazzmaster needed! [Re: eddie1261]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Scott, it's not the brain side that I am lacking. It's the physical skills. My mind's ear knows exactly what I want. My fingers can't play it.

Eddie I know exactly what you are talking about!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#454653 - 01/30/18 08:27 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jazzmaster needed! [Re: eddie1261]
Dzjang Offline
Enthusiast

Dave Snyder would be so great. But, him being a top rated player, that will set you back a few hundred bucks. If you have the money, contact his agent.

There’s a lot of great amateur players. I consider myself quite a big deal as an amateur guitarist and pianist. smile but there must be tens of them on this Forum. Great solo on that Spiro Gyra song by the way. I play a lot like that, but so do a lot of people.

In exchange for a nice -small- favor you’ll be catching the right person.

Succes

#456303 - 02/07/18 02:10 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Jazzmaster needed! [Re: eddie1261]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Still recruiting a piano player to do a 16 bar solo on this jazz sons. Guitar players have been recruited and have sent me some nice guitar work. I want to get a pianist so I can have guitar, piano, guitar, sax, guitar and then back to the song. Really don't want guitar solos back to back. Who do we have out there who can give me a nice flowing jazz piano solo?

#456332 - 02/07/18 04:14 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Jazzmaster needed! [Re: eddie1261]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
I don't do 'flowing'.
Not on jazz songs .. <grin>

Ok, maybe the right hand, but not the left

Never let the left hand know ...

#456333 - 02/07/18 04:16 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Jazzmaster needed! [Re: rharv]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

I can send you the mp3 for a listen and maybe you can take a run at it.

Edited by eddie1261 (02/07/18 04:23 PM)

#456351 - 02/07/18 06:28 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Jazzmaster needed! [Re: eddie1261]
rharv Offline
Veteran

OK, PM me a link
I ain't afraid to fail. Long as I can learn from it.
Sounds like Dzjang light have been interested too...

#456357 - 02/07/18 07:57 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Jazzmaster needed! [Re: rharv]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

We can't PM you.... full box and you are marked as no longer available.

Edited by eddie1261 (02/07/18 08:14 PM)

#456378 - 02/08/18 03:44 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jazzmaster needed! [Re: eddie1261]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
We can't PM you.... full box and you are marked as no longer available.

Jeeez, there's always something, ain't there cry

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#456413 - 02/08/18 06:26 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jazzmaster needed! [Re: VideoTrack]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

And as it has been since I first came here, it's rharv's fault....

#456520 - 02/08/18 04:14 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Jazzmaster needed! [Re: eddie1261]
rharv Offline
Veteran

I tidy'd up, maybe I'm available again.
^^ I hope my wife doesn't see that.

1. the available thing
2. I tidy'd up .. don't want her expecting that <grin>

PG Music News
YouTube Find - Live Recording of Casa Di Amore Performance using Band-in-a-Box Backing Tracks!

Wow - check out this audio recording of a live performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks! Click here to watch...

While you're there, take a look at Rick's YouTube channel - ALL of the recordings from their Casa Di Amore playlist include Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!
(These were all recorded during their 2005 performance at Casa Di Amore in Las Vegas Nevada.)

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Users LOVE Xtra Styles PAK 5!

We're excited to offer Xtra Styles PAK 5, with over 160 fully-mixed styles, including 35 new MIDI Styles... LOOK MA - ALL MIDI!

But, we're not the only ones in love with Xtra Styles PAK 5 - here's what you're saying:
"Wow! That's quite a collection!"
"Really appreciate all the new MIDI styles!"
"These have already helped my rhythm and intonation and given new life to my practice. And it is SO MUCH FUN."
"Simply awesome. Thanks, everyone at PG!"
"A great new PAK indeed!"
"Great new collection here!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Way to go, PG Music!"
"Oh, they've made ALL-MIDI styles!!!"
"Best move I've ever made!"
"These new RealStyles are amazingly creative!"
"Outstanding!"
"Oh! Goody!!"

Save 40% when you purchase Xtra Styles PAK 5 for just $29 (reg. $49) during our special, which ends August 31st!
Click here to learn more, listen to demos, or order today!

Then, don't forget to enter your song, created using these new Styles, in our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest for your chance to win $150 PG Bucks!

Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Forum Stats
27840 Members
57 Forums
53094 Topics
440713 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
jones30, alicetaylor, Guitarrocks, helmut_K, Jerome1968

27840 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 135