Index
#454170 - 01/28/18 08:14 AM [User Showcase] The World Won't See
molsenhouse Offline
Apprentice

…and 2018 started with kind of a spiritual awakening:

The World Won't See

Sometimes I wonder…
Do I understand anything at all?

I don't know – but, I belive that perspective changes my view – and my heart changes looking at life between the crosses…

I'm no preacher, just a grateful songwriter that once again have to say thanks to PG Music and the whole team that makes BiaB – a truly great software!!!
BIG THANKS!

Still believing that the best songs are not yet written! Keep on the good work in this fabulous forum! :-)

…and for the records:
Style is _SECRETS.STY

RealTracks in style: 2743:Bass, Synth, AltHipHop8ths Ev16 085
RealTracks in style: 2704:Synth, Rhythm CloudRapLowOrgan Ev16 075
RealTracks in style: 2705:Synth, Rhythm CloudRapPercussive Ev16 075
RealTracks in style: 1837:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopModernGrooveHeld Ev16 075
RealDrums: RealDrums in Style: CloudRap^02-a:snare, HiHat, light perc, b:snare, layered perc

#454346 - 01/29/18 06:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: The World Won't See [Re: molsenhouse]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Einar,

This is beautifully done!

Really nice use of BIAB tracks that we don't see folks using often. There needs to be MORE of this kind of music in the Showcase.

The outro guitar is nice. Is that you?

Excellent vocals. Excellent mix.

Excellent music!

floyd

#454388 - 01/29/18 08:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: The World Won't See [Re: molsenhouse]
sslechta Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Loved the low bass of this song, made it very strong. Your vocals and overall production were great! Thanks.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 2018, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory

#454464 - 01/29/18 01:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: The World Won't See [Re: molsenhouse]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Super vocal Einar. Excellent song. Well done

#454529 - 01/29/18 06:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: The World Won't See [Re: molsenhouse]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
This was great! I agree with Floyd that you took advantage of sounds we don’t hear that often here and the result is stunning! By the those vocals were perfect! Thanks, Torrey

#454543 - 01/29/18 07:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: The World Won't See [Re: molsenhouse]
Robertkc Online   content
Expert

This is a stunningly good production! The dynamics are so well done and the layers of sound very well mixed.Vocals and harmonies are excellent.
The overall feel reminds me of Peter Gabriel - at his best.

Robert

#454574 - 01/29/18 11:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: The World Won't See [Re: molsenhouse]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
This is really from outside of the square!

Masterfully created and impressive from every angle.

I can hear the quality of The Moody Blues within the production.

Excellent, excellent, really excellent. You must be extremely pleased with your result. Genius personified.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#454588 - 01/30/18 02:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: The World Won't See [Re: floyd jane]
molsenhouse Offline
Apprentice

Thanks a lot for your great feedback, Floyd!

I try to develop my songwriting in conjunction with BiaB – blending trad songwriting with new styles. And BiaB do deliver – a great creative tool for finding new paths in the mysterious songwriter-universe.

And yes, I do play the guitar.

e

#454641 - 01/30/18 07:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: The World Won't See [Re: molsenhouse]
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
This is fantastic song and arrangement. I had to listen to this on my headphones to hear all the fine details. Excellent work on the mixing also. Your beautiful voice really fits the mood. Reminds me of Eric Woolfson's musical work.

Janne

#454642 - 01/30/18 07:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: The World Won't See [Re: molsenhouse]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - this is a perfect example of how diverse Band-in-a-Box truly is. I don't often hear songs like this on the showcase, and it really caught me off guard. I'm almost getting a Phil Collins vibe here (almost). It is incredibly unique, and honestly I don't think I would change a thing here. When it picks up at 1:50, it took it to a whole other level.

You seriously outdid yourself - thanks so much for sharing smile

#454649 - 01/30/18 08:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: The World Won't See [Re: molsenhouse]
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
This song has a really cool mix to it. I really enjoyed what you did with the entire song. Somewhat on the tails of what Deryk said, this is a very unique flavour we don't see a lot in the user showcase. This has been rather refreshing! Thanks for the share.

#454652 - 01/30/18 08:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: The World Won't See [Re: molsenhouse]
Belladonna Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Virginia
Outstanding, totally beautiful. I think the lyrics are Christian motivated but I could be wrong. I always like to read the lyrics, but I don't think you posted them anywhere.

#454698 - 01/30/18 12:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: The World Won't See [Re: molsenhouse]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Very refreshing approach.
Very cool vocals and very original percussion in this song.
Also detect a subtle Alan Parsons influence (and you can"t go wrong with that).

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#454822 - 01/31/18 02:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: The World Won't See [Re: sslechta]
molsenhouse Offline
Apprentice

Thanks for listening, Steve – and for paying attention to the bass.

Had an idea of trying to use something different, more like a moving texture in the lower parts – and BiaB…
…well, BiaB took the idea to a new level.

#454823 - 01/31/18 02:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: The World Won't See [Re: RnAM]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Very refreshing approach.
Very cool vocals and very original percussion in this song.
Also detect a subtle Alan Parsons influence (and you can"t go wrong with that).

Rob and Anne-Marie

Hi,

What a terrific change of pace for the forum! Simply beautiful - as Floyd said, more of this would be a good thing.

I fully agree with what Ron & Ann-Marie said. I think they said what I was thinking better than I might have said it. This is top-shelf all the way!

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#454825 - 01/31/18 02:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: The World Won't See [Re: Scott C]
molsenhouse Offline
Apprentice

Thanks Scott!
The vocals somehow worked this time – I'm a guitar player, not a singer ;-)

#454828 - 01/31/18 02:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: The World Won't See [Re: Torrey Bliss]
molsenhouse Offline
Apprentice

Wow – thanks , Torrey!
Discovered quite a few things working on the vocal parts for this project. Thanks for listening!

Einar

#454831 - 01/31/18 02:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: The World Won't See [Re: Robertkc]
molsenhouse Offline
Apprentice

Robert – I'm not worthy! Peter Gabriel did Sledgehammer in 1986. That album had a great impact on me – and probably still has…, and you?
Thanks for the comment on layers and vocals. Did the mix on very low volume because of all the layers.

#455034 - 02/01/18 03:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: The World Won't See [Re: VideoTrack]
molsenhouse Offline
Apprentice

VideoTrack,

Thanks a lot for your nice words – and "the quality of The Moody Blues". Wow! :-)

#455036 - 02/01/18 03:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: The World Won't See [Re: jannesan]
molsenhouse Offline
Apprentice

Janne,

Thank you for listening and your nice words!
And Eric Woolfson – have to check out his music.

Einar

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Video - Using the StylePicker in Band-in-a-Box®

We've just updated our StylePicker video tutorial - see the latest version here.
This video uses Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows, however all of the functions are applicable to the Mac version.

Forum Stats
27826 Members
51 Forums
52985 Topics
439715 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
milesk, alvesbdanilo, brothert67, Robertbudpratt, BennyP

27825 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 148
David Snyder 137