You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#454589 - 01/30/18 03:06 AM [Off-Topic] Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hello all

I recently tried out the new BIAB video tracks feature on the song "The Paradox of you". Here is a link to the original post in the user showcase http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=450119#Post450119

FJ suggested I did a blog post on how I went about putting this together so here it is.

How to use the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature

Comments and alternative suggestons are, as always, very welcome.

#454592 - 01/30/18 03:30 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Joanne,

Your January 2018 blog is great! You've put it together really well and explained everything simply and with lots of clarity. I found it an excellent read, and very informative.

Regards,
Noel

#454593 - 01/30/18 03:33 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Enjoyed reading the blog on creating your video track. I experimented early on but only with a signle track. I never even had the idea to include myself in the video. You did a great job.

#454596 - 01/30/18 03:58 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
Mike Head Offline
Journeyman

Hi Joanne

What a great post .
Thanks so much for your how to include external video, that was an eye opener for me.
I am off to look at NHC video pad.
Loved you song . great music nice vocal and your own harmonies.
All in all a very plesant visit.
Best regards
Mike
Cakewalk Magix Music Maker2014, NI Kontakt5 + VSTs

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/

#454644 - 01/30/18 07:59 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

This is awesome, Joanne! It is extremely informative and precise. I don't think I'd be able to do this any better. Thanks for making this, and sharing it here smile I can imagine this being extremely useful to many users.

#454647 - 01/30/18 08:10 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Nice job writing this up, Joanne...

Seems like it would be a great template for anyone else trying to do this. Appears to be a bit of a juggling act, but you make it look "doable" and nice that you are leading the way on this...

Will be looking for "the next one"...

fj

#454788 - 01/30/18 08:50 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Hi Joanne. A very useful presentation. It will make the whole process of trying it out much easier. I noticed a bit of a lag in the video tracks (sort of jumping), and I assume that is related to the system linking the video to the music in BIAB? Also, where do you put your photographers light? I could do with a bit of that as well! What a great idea!
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#454895 - 01/31/18 09:31 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
I really enjoy your blog posts! I saw your use of the RealTracks in the user showcase and it was really cool to see someone on the forums putting them in to action. I think you did a really great job on them, and I love how you documented the experience in your blog post. Thanks so much for always putting in so much time and effort and love in to Band-in-a-Box.

#455022 - 02/01/18 12:12 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Noel - Thanks for reading it. We hope to see some more video tracks on the forum soon

Charlie - I would think that to include a video of yourself WITHOUT using an external video editing program would prove a little more difficult than my method. You would need to edit your own video very precisely (so that it starts at exactly the same time as the video Realtracks) before importing into Band-in-a-Box.

Mike - Thanks and let me know how you get on with NCH Videopad. To me it is a very powerful video editing program and lets me doing everything I want to do to make music videos.

Deryk - Thanks and I hope it will inspire others to try out this great new feature.

Floyd - Thanks for suggesting I do a blog post. I don't think I would otherwise have through of doing it. It was indeed a bit of a juggling act. In retrospect, I think it would have been easier to include all 6 video tracks in one video out of Band-in-a-Box and to leave a "blank space" to drop in the video of me recording vocals at a later stage (using my video editing software). I hope you try it out and I will definitely be doing more.

Lambada - yes I think the "jumping" is because PG music would somehow have to splice together millions of pieces of video of the original artists into one video. Tou can imagine that it somehow has to be coherent for MY choice of chords, key and tempo. Blows my mind actually and I think they have done an amazing job.

Ember - It is me that should thank you guys at PG Music for all the dedication in bringing us the VERY best in music generation software.

#455023 - 02/01/18 12:16 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Lambada - You asked about my photographers light. I have it on the shelf just above my head. (I will post a photo shortly). My research into better lighting revealed that actually you need THREE lights. One on each side at about head height and one behind you pointing at the wall so get rid of the shadow!! I dont think you need these expensive photographers lights though. You can get away with mounting normal desk lights and using LED type globes.

#455062 - 02/01/18 06:11 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
lambada Offline
Expert

Ta muchly. I bought NCH Videopad along with a load of other NCH stuff (debut, switch, mixpad, wavepad etc etc) and now that I'm finally starting to use Videopad, my code is out of date. I always upgrade to get the latest versions, but 6 months comes around too quickly and then you have to re-purchase. It may be time to flick some of their products like mixpad and zulu.

#455069 - 02/01/18 06:23 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Lambada you shouldn’t have to repurchase? I never have. Maybe contact them first. The “free” version does eventually run out but once you have bought it you should be good

#455179 - 02/01/18 03:52 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
JohnJohnJohn Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
yes I think the "jumping" is because PG music would somehow have to splice together millions of pieces of video of the original artists into one video.

Joanne, you did a really great job of demoing this feature but this video jerkiness, along with limited selection of tracks, makes this new feature a non-starter for me. I'm sure it was a lot of work to produce but honestly, I'd much prefer to watch you and your guitar and listen to your lovely voice! The jerky, hands-only videos are just a one-off novelty IMHO.

#455200 - 02/01/18 06:26 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
lambada Offline
Expert

If you keep upgrading, you'll find that after 6 months you have to purchase the next 'upgrade'. It's a good idea to download the versions you get within the 6 month period so that you can use the latest upgrade for free. Then if you upgrade and can't use it except in demo version, you can go back to a version that your code still works for. It's worth trying all different combinations as well because the prices vary depending on what you purchase with what. I decided to drop Mixpad as I'll never use it. Some of their products are free if you use non commercial versions. I had to get the new Videopad and debut programmes but at a discounted price. Videopad has gone to Version 6, so no free upgrade. I see now they are offering a monthly / Quarterly upgrade path for Videopad as an option.

#455289 - 02/02/18 10:42 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Jan Blog post - How I used the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Lambada - Thanks for explaining this. I guess I have never upgraded... never paid for anything except the initial purchase.

PG Music News
Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)!

Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=7ZrfGSqjaOU

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - on sale until May 31st!

Holiday Hours - Monday, May 21st

We're celebrating Victoria Day on Monday, May 21st. Our hours for the long weekend will be:

Customer Service:
Saturday, May 19: 7:00am - 5:00pm PST
Sunday, May 20: 8:00am - 4:00pm PST
Monday, May 21: 8:00am - 4:00pm PST

Technical Support:
Closed (will re-open Tues, May 22 at 10am PST)

Video - The Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac boasts over 50 new features and enhancements... including the Build-in Audio Chord Wizard!

The Audio Chord Wizard has been redesigned and is now built into Band-in-a-Box®. Previously, the Audio Chord Wizard was a separate app and not tightly integrated into Band-in-a-Box®. This app is still available from the [Audio Chord Wizard] toolbar button, but the improved built-in Audio Chord Wizard can be accessed from the Audio Edit window.

Watch our latest video to learn more: Video link - Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Everything You Need to Know in Under 5 Minutes!

Want to quickly see the new features included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac in action?

Check out this video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® ! Everything you need to know in under 5 minutes*: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=XSSQpijRyxk

*The video includes an extra 2 minutes for the 49-PAK! The first 5 minutes show you all of the great new features and content available with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, and it's followed by additional video showing off the 2018 49-PAK for Mac.

Xtra Styles PAKs are ON SALE until May 31st!

Xtra Styles PAK 4 was initially released with our Windows version of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows, and with the release of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, we're having a sale!

Xtra Styles PAK 4 has over 150 RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and 'Folk and Beyond' styles, which work with the RealTracks included in any Band-in-a-Box® version 2017 or higher UltraPAK/UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition!

We've put all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE until May 31st! Purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=mac

Listen to all the demos of these new Xtra Styles here, or check out this video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=Zl_wr47d2V0

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 45 Requests Fulfilled!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac is here, and there's more than 80 new features! We've answered some user requests with this release, including:

Q. I am learning guitar. The RealTracks are very helpful in that I can hear great guitar players, and most of the tracks have tab and notation as well. But there is much more to guitar, could you include some videos of some of the RealTracks Artists? Because I would learn much more from seeing a guitarist than just hearing them.

A. We have a major new feature called "Video RealTracks." These work and sound like RealTracks, but you get to see a video of the Guitarist (or whatever instrument) playing as well. The amazing thing is that this works with any chord progression you type in. So, if you want to learn to play like the great guitarist Brent Mason, for example, you can type in chords to any progression you are interested in, and then hear and see a video of Brent soloing over your progression. Now you can learn much quicker, as it helps to see how a musician is performing, as well as to hear.

Q. I use the feature to make a video of the chord sheet from a Band-in-a-Box song. I use it to make backing tracks and upload them to YouTube. But these don't include any notation for the melody and lyrics of my songs. My viewers would like to see the melody and lyrics too. Is there a way you can include the melody in the video? I've tried recording this with screen capture programs, but it's time consuming, recording in real time, and the audio quality and sync are not that good.

A. Yes, Band-in-a-Box 2018 can do this now. You can save your song as a video of the notation track. So that includes the notation, guitar tab, and lyrics. And saving the whole video and audio just takes a few seconds, much faster than real time recording. Just load in your song with chords, melody, lyrics, and/or guitar tab, and press Save-As Notation Video. Your song will be up on YouTube in no time!

Q. I am songwriter and uses Band-in-a-Box to make backing tracks for my productions. I'm starting to make videos and upload them to YouTube. Can Band-in-a-Box help with my production videos?

A. Band-in-a-Box 2018 can now make videos with Video RealTracks, of the musicians performing the RealTracks. And they are playing along to your song's chord progression. You can include these videos in your own song performance, which adds a nice visual element.

Q. I use the Audio Harmonies in Band-in-a-Box. But I find the harmonies simplistic, in that they are mainly using chord tones. The Band-in-a-Box MIDI harmonies are more sophisticated, using passing tones. Why can't my Audio Harmonies work like that?

A. We've added support for new types of Audio Harmonies in the Audio Edit Window. These do allow you to choose any Band-in-a-Box MIDI harmony that has passing tones or sophisticated jazz voicings (adding 4 parts to make a 5-part jazz voicing for example). Band-in-a-Box automatically figures out the MIDI version of your melody so it uses this to create the harmonies.

Q. The new toolbar is nice, but needs more color options. Too much grey! How about skins?

A. We've added support for skins, and you can choose color or grey scale options for toolbar, mixer etc.

And more!!!

All of the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac can be reviewed at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac is Here - Up to 40% off Upgrades!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac with over 50 new features, 202 New RealTracks, 40 NEW Video RealTracks, 32 new MIDI SuperTracks, 108 new Instrumental Studies, 8 new Artist Performances, 52 new loops, and 40 AmpliTube presets with 37 associated styles!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Upgrade purchases until May 31, 2018 - save up to 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Upgrade!

This year we are celebrating 30 YEARS of Band-in-a-Box®! We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.bonuspaks_2018.htm

If you check out http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm, you'll see the new 2018 package options available. To summarize:

Band-in-a-Box® Pro $129
Upgrade from Version 2017: $59 (reg: $69)
Upgrade from Version 2016 or earlier or crossgrade: $69 (reg: $79)
Special 2018 Program Update from 2017: $49 **Requires Version 2017. Includes version 2018 program updates only. (No other Add-ons or Bonus PAK)

Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK $269
Upgrade from Version 2017: $89 (reg: $149)
Upgrade from Version 2016: $99 (reg: $159)

Band-in-a-Box® PlusPAK
Upgrade from Version 2017: $99 (reg: $129)
(The PlusPAK is designed to upgrade 2017 UltraPlusPAK & EverythingPAK users who are downloading their upgrade or do not want to purchase a new hard drive)

NEW! Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK Formerly the UltraPlusPAK $469
Upgrade from Version 2017: $149 (reg: $279)
Upgrade from Version 2016 or earlier or crossgrade: $169 (reg: $299)

Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition $669
Upgrade from Version 2017 Audiophile: $199 - limited time offer!
Upgrade from 2017: $479
Upgrade from Version 2016 or earlier or crossgrade: $499
Upgrade from any previous Audiophile: $299

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

Forum Stats
27498 Members
50 Forums
51758 Topics
427595 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
DSArts, giambamt, stev3nelz, Cyrus, donn

27498 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 421
zedd 193