Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
So my BIAB 2018 hardrive arrived yesterday and I decided to give the video Realtracks a try!

PARADOX OF YOU video made with BIAB Video Realtracks

It is all a little rough around the edges....and I did not do all the editing that I normally do on my vocals, I was not using a pop filter, plus I did have a few technical issues. I ended up rendering the individual videos from Band-in-a-Box and then putting them together in my video editing software (along with the video of me singing the vocal, taken on my Ipad). It was all a bit of a mission but a good learning exercise anyway. If this song was a keeper, I would probably need to go back and rerecord my vocals properly at some stage (or not... just move onto the next thing......)

Anyway, comments are always welcome.

Lyrics and chords:
(G) (Am) (C) (G) (D)

(G) Listening to the (Em) pouring rain
(C) I know the sun will (Am) come (D)
(G) Light from dark (Em) dry from wet
(C) When wintertime is (D) done

(G) I see myself (C) as the earth
And (C) you the vast blue (Am) sky (D)
(G) Sometimes I keep you (C) grounded
And (C) you just let me (D) fly

Chorus
(G) I love it when we (Am) talk
(D) I love the silence (G) too (C)
I (G) love the yin and (Am) yang of life
The (C) paradox of (G) you (D)

(G) You are my har (Em) mony
(C) the balance that I (Am) find (D)
(G) through the windows (Em) of my days
(C) In corners of my (D) mind

(G) Sometimes you are the (C) roots
(C) growing in the (Am) night (D)
(G) Sometimes I am the (C) leaves
(C) bathing in your (D) light

Chorus
(D) I love the silence (G) too (D)

Bridge
(Em) In and out, hot and cold
(Am) Fear and courage (D) young and old
(Em) Good and bad (Am) salty sweet
(C) Up and down (D) messy neat

Chorus
(D) I love the silence (G) too (D)

Tracks:
RealTracks in style: 2915:Bass, Electric CountryPopByron12-key Ev 085 (Videotrack)
RealTracks in style: 2825:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryPopMike12-key Ev 085 (Videotrack)
RealTracks in style: 2911:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryPopBrent12-key Ev 085 (videotrack)
RealTracks in style: 2829:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryPopBrent12-key Ev 085 (videotrack)
RealDrums in style: PopCountry16ths^01-a:Closed Hat, Sync-kick, b:Closed Hat, Rock-kick (videotrack)

Edited to add: These lyrics were posted in a recent thread in the off-topic forum about forum members posting different songs using the same lyrics, which HearTolearn started and is also busy putting some lyrics together for. But, I am hoping to get a couple of different versions from a couple of other forum members on these lyrics, shortly. If anybody wants to compose alternative music for these lyrics please feel completely welcome to do so,... Here is a link to that topic in the off topic forum http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=4&page=1

Last edited by JoanneCooper; 01/09/18 09:32 AM.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I'm going to keep myself from listening to any version of this song anyone comes up with until I complete my own. smile Don't want to get a different version stuck in my head. LOL

The video did look nice however. I need to play with that a bit too. Thanks!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Joanne,
That's really great work! Thanks for posting.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Great song and also a really nice video. You did some sharp video editing.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
That was a fun watch, Great Job!

i5 3.20GHz, 32gb RAM, 1tb SSD OS, 12tb HDD, 4gb gForce vid card, 32" monitor, Audient id44, Win10 x64, BiaB/RB 2023, Reaper 6,IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX, Waves 10
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Joanne
that was great to watch and I guess something unusual in any music Vids these days.
My problem was that I got so engrossed in watching their hands miraculously jumping instantly from one place to another, I had to go back afterwards to listen to your lovely song, which stands up so well on its own.
However its a superb demonstration of how RV's work (er - Real Videos?!)
Happy New Year, Joanne
Ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
User Showcase
L
Expert
Expert
L
I only watched a bit for obvious reasons, but I loved the production and the use of the video tracks was very inspirational and professional looking. They certainly add to an artist's aura in videos! Inspiring.

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great Joanne! Love what you did with the song and the video - very creative!

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Looks good to me. Great stuff. Rob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Joanne,

Congratulations on creating such a fine song and with such an impressive video presentation! I enjoyed listening and watching.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Joanne,

Nice to see the Video Real Tracks in action. And, MAN!, that was a quick turn around just receiving your upgrade...

Hope we will see more of what you can do with them.

You should do an article (blog?) on how you put that together...

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Joanne.

Waited till now to listen and what a lovely full arrangement you have.
And of course you are a real singer.
The video is fascinating and the production is all top notch in my opinion.
A fine song.
Although the chords and treatment are different the songs seem to me to have a surprisingly similar feel.
Or maybe it's not surprising as the lyrics are the same.
Good fun anyway and I certainly enjoyed the exercise.

Cheers.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I read the words last night and you have done the song in a similar fashion to how I imagined it. Very nice job Joanne. It has good meaning.

Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I need to get two things out of the way...

1-Oh God! This is is how you wrote the song? You are going to kill me! smile Your version is SOOO good and SOOOOOOO different than mine. eek

2-The video addition is REALLY cool! I think seeing the drummer and instruments gave me more of a feeling that it was recorded in a studio. You are lucky you are so photogenic! I will maybe do that when they come out with "Real Singer" in version 53. So, you'll are safe for now.

NOW, I can concentrate a bit more on the song.

Wow! That is a REALLY cool version of your song. That sounds funny to say, but it's true. I'm not sure what it reminds me of...basically a lot of hits. That's what I'm comparing it to; and it seems to fit in just fine. To me, that's saying a lot.

What a great listen! Thanks for sharing this, and allowing us to use your lyrics. That is REALLY cool of you! smile

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Joanne, beautiful song with a great video! Everything sounds exceptionally good! Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The one, the original..... I loved the video. I've played with the feature a little bit and it seems cool. Your part of the video is the best. I like to see how you sing it out.

Good work on the song overall and thanks for inspiring me to do one as well!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Holy cow, Joanne. Never seen anything like that, before. Wonderful playing!
I espcially liked watching the keyboard dynmics as relates to the vocal. The player knows just how to punctuate, accentuate, and just as important, when to get out of the way, bar by bar, note by note. This video shows that in a unique way. Hoping to see more.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Very cool. I enjoyed watching your performance as well as the video Realtracks. Amazing arangement and mix. Your vocals sound great. This is the first of everybodies that I've listened to. (besides my own of course) and its cool to see your vision for the song as the lyricists.

Samuel Davis Jr
BIAB 2018 + Cubase + Ignite
BMI

www.sammycountry.com
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hello, Joanne

I listened to the original version of this song for the first time.
It is a wonderful folky song.
I entirely agree with Noel.
Congratulations on creating such a fine song and with such an impressive video presentation! I enjoyed listening and watching.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Joanne,

Loved the video tracks. But, of course, the great song made it even more enjoyable. Loved this! Your music is always so well done - well-written, well-produced and great on the ears! Super job!

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,505
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195