You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#454897 - 01/31/18 09:43 AM [RealBand] Is there a way to generate empty bars in Real Band?
eddie1261 Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
I am working on something that I want the music to come in on bar 9. I enter nothing in the chord chart for measures 1 thru 8. When I generate I get the default chord for those 8 bars.

I can just erase it, right?

Wrong. When I did that, the chord chart changed. So I put those empty bars back in and now I have 8 EXTRA blank bars in my chord chart. Yet the music is still playing from bar 9. And it is one measure off to boot. Like when the black bar is on bar 10 it is playing bar 12.

I saved it all to wav files and as an MP3 but now I can't generate any new parts because the chord chart is way off and it will generate in correlation to what the chord chart says.

Do I have to start over by entering data into the chord chart AGAIN? This will make the 5th time. All to do a 3:34 long song. 84 bars.

#454900 - 01/31/18 10:03 AM [RealBand] Re: Is there a way to generate empty bars in Real Band? [Re: eddie1261]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
I can't quite tell where you are now, but what I would have done is enter C. as the first chord. It would give me measures of silence until bar 9.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac Pro]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & 6" monitors.

#454955 - 01/31/18 02:17 PM [RealBand] Re: Is there a way to generate empty bars in Real Band? [Re: Matt Finley]
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
I can't quite tell where you are now, but what I would have done is enter C. as the first chord. It would give me measures of silence until bar 9.

I now know that for next time!! Thank you Matt.

I ended up going into the song and saving as wav files, then opening a blank song, i imported those wav files in and at least U saved the song. Sadly the chord chart is gone but if need be I will recreate it. Typing in ALL that text again...

There are measures in there like F#maj7/d then F#maj7/A and so forth. Lots of verbose chord notation because of what I want the bass line to do. It actually sounds pretty good already, and I haven't done any manual playing yet. Just Real Band and real Tracks.

This is a collaborative effort with a few people, relating back to that post I made asking if we had any Jazzmasters here. Several people have responded and they were the ones I would have asked anyway! There's a 16 bar section for a guitar solo and a 16 bar section for a sax solo. Hopefully by the time it is ready to go out for collabs Mr. Norton will have some time to look at it.

This one is the most fun of the 3 I have in progress at the moment.

#454967 - 01/31/18 02:56 PM [RealBand] Re: Is there a way to generate empty bars in Real Band? [Re: eddie1261]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
I just re-read the post title. I didn't realize we were talking RealBand here. Given that, I have no clue. I think the chord and single dot will work, though.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac Pro]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & 6" monitors.

#454973 - 01/31/18 03:07 PM [RealBand] Re: Is there a way to generate empty bars in Real Band? [Re: Matt Finley]
Veteran

Yeah Matt I have never even launched BIAB. I don't want to spend time learning all over.

#454982 - 01/31/18 03:44 PM [RealBand] Re: Is there a way to generate empty bars in Real Band? [Re: eddie1261]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Maybe just highlight from bar 9 to the end and then use Generate so RB only generates that section (?). Or use the From-Thru settings to set 9-1-0 thru whatever the end of the song is.

Or am I missing something. That's normally what I'd do.

Or even Cut the Generated tracks after the fact at 1 thru 8 in the Tracks View (not Chords) and make sure Leave Gap is checked. If Close Gap is checked it would lose those measures.

As far as starting over; can you open a backup?
File-Open Special-Open backup file

Look in C:\Realband\RBBackup and see if you have it saved before it got ruined.
disclaimer - How and where you set up the backups can be system specific and set in Prefs.

Edited by rharv (01/31/18 04:01 PM)

#454987 - 01/31/18 04:21 PM [RealBand] Re: Is there a way to generate empty bars in Real Band? [Re: eddie1261]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Eddie a couple things. When you originally said the first chord generated automatically and you erased it exactly how did you erase it? You can keep the bar and just erase the data which shouldn't mess up the rest of the chord grid but if you erased (deleted) the bar that could mess things up.

I would have generated the song from bar 1 and when it's done go to the Bars window and insert 8 empty bars at the beginning thus moving the start of the music to bar 9. I'm at the office right now so I can't test this but inserting bars should also adjust the chord grid. After that if you want to make changes or generate new tracks or whatever arm the next empty track and have at it. Since you've inserted 8 bars now you would highlight the new track from bar 9 to the end. BTW that Bars window is very cool for rearranging a song. You can easily move whole sections around or copy verse one and insert the copy later in the song.

Personally I never change a generated track while a project is still active but you can do that per Rharv's directions. I just keep adding new tracks and mute/unmute to hear what the different tracks sound like together. Example, say I'm thinking I would like a different guitar part at bar 28 for 8 bars. I'm not going to highlight those bars on the existing guitar track, I'll arm a new track and generate the whole track not just those 8 bars. Why? Because even if it's the same RT I could get different phrases spread out along the whole song. I might hear something I like at bar 28 or maybe I go hmmm, that new track really fits at bar 53 or whatever. We've got 48 tracks to play with so why bother changing an existing one? It's just as fast to generate a new one.

Bob

#455001 - 01/31/18 06:58 PM [RealBand] Re: Is there a way to generate empty bars in Real Band? [Re: rharv]
Veteran

I did that Harv and it created 8 new measures 1 thru 8. And there is no way to revert from that because if I do it erases the music that starts at 9. I worked around it but I spent a while day on this. Fortunately I have nothing else to do.

#455003 - 01/31/18 07:07 PM [RealBand] Re: Is there a way to generate empty bars in Real Band? [Re: jazzmammal]
Veteran

I never use delete bars or the cut command. I always select and erase with the delete key. What I think I did, and it has gone back and forth so many times I don't remember, I believe I regenerated a couple of tracks and when I did that it added more blank bars where I had no chords entered.

I was able to fix it and actually the song is now almost done. (I have to play some live sax on it) and then the guys who want to take a run at the solo sections can have it.

Actually if you want to listen and replace the piano line, have at it. My timing was a tiny bit sloppy but honestly it's as good as I am going to get it. If so I will send it out to you when it's ready. The lead line is a guitar and a sax playing in unison.

This song is very close to a piece I wrote in college for jazz band when I was a junior. And junior year was a busy time for me because I had to decide if I was going to vote for Abraham Lincoln or John Breckenridge.

PG Music News
Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK for Mac

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac during our special and you will receive a Free Bonus PAK which includes Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, 10 MIDI SuperTracks, 7 Instrumental Studies, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated bonus Styles, and 52 Loops for Band-in-a-Box!

Take it a step further and add a 49-PAK to your purchase for only $49! Add the 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac purchase and you'll receive these GREAT Band-in-a-Box Add-ons:
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band
ALL 40 UNRELEASED Bonus RealTracks
22 MIDI SuperTracks
101 Instrumental Studies
Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK: Video link - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac- 49-PAK Overview

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 Pro & MegaPAK RealCombos!

We've added MORE to the RealCombos included in the Pro & MegaPAK packages with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Pro includes 300 RealTracks instruments in over 100 bands - that's 100+ more than previous years - listen to them here.

There are now over 500 RealTracks in 300 Bands in the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 MegaPAK! Take a look at all the RealTracks & RealDrums in the MegaPAK here.

To receive the new version with these new RealCombos, upgrade during our special for as little as $59! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm.

Get ALL the Regular RealTracks & RealDrums when you upgrade to an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition!

Title Track Day, May 23, 2018!

Did you know... today is Title Track Day!

Which album do you think of on this special day? Better yet, have you created your own album and named it after a song?

Join the converation...

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends May 31st!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)!

Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=7ZrfGSqjaOU

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - on sale until May 31st!

Holiday Hours - Monday, May 21st

We're celebrating Victoria Day on Monday, May 21st. Our hours for the long weekend will be:

Customer Service:
Saturday, May 19: 7:00am - 5:00pm PST
Sunday, May 20: 8:00am - 4:00pm PST
Monday, May 21: 8:00am - 4:00pm PST

Technical Support:
Closed (will re-open Tues, May 22 at 10am PST)

Video - The Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac boasts over 50 new features and enhancements... including the Build-in Audio Chord Wizard!

The Audio Chord Wizard has been redesigned and is now built into Band-in-a-Box®. Previously, the Audio Chord Wizard was a separate app and not tightly integrated into Band-in-a-Box®. This app is still available from the [Audio Chord Wizard] toolbar button, but the improved built-in Audio Chord Wizard can be accessed from the Audio Edit window.

Watch our latest video to learn more: Video link - Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Forum Stats
27515 Members
50 Forums
51831 Topics
428260 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Amexsmasterz, Aimini, hassan55, Tanna Dietrich, Korle

27515 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 433
zedd 190