You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#454902 - 01/31/18 10:08 AM [Off-Topic] Wireless Guitar Cable System (Web Link)
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Announced at 2018 NAMM trade show:

This is a small, lithium rechargeable battery powered wireless system created to replace the TS unbalanced guitar cable. The signal is 32 bit depth at 48Khz sample rate over a fifty feet (15.2 meter) range. +++ HERE +++
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#454928 - 01/31/18 12:38 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Wireless Guitar Cable System (Web Link) [Re: Jim Fogle]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
This wireless system looks very interesting. I didn't see what the cost is but if it is reasonable I can see a lot of guitarist buying one.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#455044 - 02/01/18 05:34 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Wireless Guitar Cable System (Web Link) [Re: MarioD]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Originally Posted By: MarioD
This wireless system looks very interesting. I didn't see what the cost is but if it is reasonable I can see a lot of guitarist buying one.

GAS cares nothing about whether or not an item's price is reasonable! :-)

But if the price *IS* reasonable this could also be used to reduce cable clutter in a small studio.

#455058 - 02/01/18 06:05 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Wireless Guitar Cable System (Web Link) [Re: Jim Fogle]
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Nice
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#455081 - 02/01/18 07:15 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Wireless Guitar Cable System (Web Link) [Re: Pat Marr]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Originally Posted By: MarioD

GAS cares nothing about whether or not an item's price is reasonable! :-)

But if the price *IS* reasonable this could also be used to reduce cable clutter in a small studio.

I know that GAS cares nothing about whether or not an item's price is reasonable BUT UNFORTUNATELY MY WIFE DOES mad mad grin grin

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#455098 - 02/01/18 08:36 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Wireless Guitar Cable System (Web Link) [Re: Jim Fogle]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Cool but...it's only one plug. I run my keyboards in stereo and many times I double rack so that's four and the thing is bulky enough four of them may not fit on my mixer but it's worth checking out for sure. I see they have two types and one looks like it goes straight in to a plug so if it's thin enough maybe four could fit on adjacent channels on a mixer. Love the concept.

Bob

#455103 - 02/01/18 08:54 AM [Off-Topic] Re: Wireless Guitar Cable System (Web Link) [Re: Jim Fogle]
musiclover Offline
Expert

looks interesting, and you can take care of the old vocals while you are it, by buying this,

https://vintageking.com/josephson-c725

Or this one

smile

Edited by musiclover (02/01/18 09:10 AM)

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 7 and 10 (32 bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro,Band in a Box 2018 Cubase 5.0 and Cubase elements 7.0.

#455172 - 02/01/18 03:13 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Wireless Guitar Cable System (Web Link) [Re: jazzmammal]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Cool but...it's only one plug. I run my keyboards in stereo and many times I double rack so that's four and the thing is bulky enough four of them may not fit on my mixer but it's worth checking out for sure. I see they have two types and one looks like it goes straight in to a plug so if it's thin enough maybe four could fit on adjacent channels on a mixer. Love the concept.

Bob

Bob, the plug is able to rotate around the body 220 degrees and the body is close to the same thickness as the plug so I would not expect much trouble inserting multiple units side-by-side.

The manufacturer is Cherub Technology which markets products under the brand names of Cherub, Nux and Musedo.

I ran across the wireless cable while investigating an acoustic guitar amplification system. +++ The GT-6 +++ is a 3 band EQ with tuner and built-in reverb, chorus, delay and wide effects available online for less than $20 US.

They also have the +++ WMT-940 +++ digital tuner with LCD that has the capability to display the finger positions of 372 guitar chords.

The company has been in business for more than twenty years. Heck, they even make a +++ mechanical metronome +++ , how cool is that?

#455195 - 02/01/18 05:34 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Wireless Guitar Cable System (Web Link) [Re: Jim Fogle]
Larry Kehl Offline
Veteran

Loc: New Mexico
Win7&10Pro64,i7-2600k,32GB,1OTBsHDD,RX480 8GB,Scarlett 18i8,MIDI4x4,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7, XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,Nanosynth,SPLAT,AD2,ST3,Kontakt5,Amptube4,too many other VSTi's - but really I'm a guitar player

#455196 - 02/01/18 06:02 PM [Off-Topic] Re: Wireless Guitar Cable System (Web Link) [Re: Larry Kehl]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Nice Larry,

Yamaha has the +++ TransAcoustic +++ series of acoustic guitars that can mechanically add reverb and chorus to the guitar sound. Yamaha has sold this series for a couple of years.

Creativity knows no boundaries.

PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27835 Members
51 Forums
53021 Topics
440088 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
iyana, mfandrich, Lefaff, alleas23, BIGALTX

27834 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 152