You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#455393 - 02/03/18 06:06 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Manuals (online)
PLS Offline

Loc: Germany
Dear BIAB fairy,

Yes, I’m one of those that actually enjoy reading manuals, specially when we’re talking about complex products like BIAB, not (necessarily) because I’m masochistic but because it ends up saving me a lot of headaches and time when trying to figure out how to use less intuitive and/or unusual features.

I know that I can access the manual from within the BIAB software but... when I’m actually in front of my computer I’d rather use the time to be messing around with BIAB or playing some music.

After checking on both the support pages and forums I get to conclude that the manuals are not made available for online reading (or downloading), thus not allowing me to use spare time (commuting, waiting for a dentist appointment or for my wife to be done from the hairdresser) to lazily browse through all the hidden and mysterious goodies.

So dear BIAB fairy, not wanting to insult your clairvoyance skills but just in case you haven’t guessed it by now, my wish would be for the product manuals to be made available for online reading and/or downloading.

#455401 - 02/03/18 07:08 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Manuals (online) [Re: PLS]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Wenn Sie Ihre E-Mail-Adresse angeben, bin ich sicher, dass Ihr Wunsch in Erfüllung gehen könnte.
SoundCloud

#455413 - 02/03/18 08:00 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Manuals (online) [Re: MusicStudent]
PLS Offline

Many thanks MusicStudent (Dan).

From your kind (and elabore) answer I can deduct two things:

1. That you are a German native (which incidentally I’m not, although I’m currently living in Germany);

2. That you have great magical powers that allow you to grant wishes!!!

Unfortunately I cannot send you my email address via private message yet as I’ve just opened the account and it’s still in the verification period, but I’ll keep trying until it opens up.

Again many thanks and all the best to you!

#455415 - 02/03/18 08:28 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Manuals (online) [Re: PLS]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Actually second generation as my grandparents arrived as immigrants from Deutschland but you are entirely correct on the second count. You do know the manual is 665 pages, but sounds like you will enjoy that. grin
SoundCloud

#455421 - 02/03/18 08:48 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Manuals (online) [Re: PLS]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
PLS, I assume from the German I can't read that Dan is offering to email you the manual. That may be a problem, as the full manual for BIAB 2018 is about 26 MB. But if you have BIAB, you could create a free Dropbox account and upload the manual for yourself. It's in the /BB/Documentation folder. There are two, the full huge manual and the 2018 Upgrade manual. But since you just registered, I'm assuming you just bought BIAB 2018 and want the whole manual.

If you have BIAB 2017, the location is different...

Good idea, to browse the manual.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#455444 - 02/03/18 09:49 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Manuals (online) [Re: PLS]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
+1

I believe it would be a sales asset to have all user manuals available for potential customers to download and review.

I believe online manuals would be useful to forum members, especially when it comes to forum users attempting to support both the Mac and PC versions of Band-in-a-Box.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#455455 - 02/03/18 11:49 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Manuals (online) [Re: PLS]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Jim, absolutely. I try to read the manual before any major software purchase. And to your second point, I just bought an iMac and discovered a few differences about BIAB for Mac I did not know.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#455483 - 02/03/18 02:32 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Manuals (online) [Re: PLS]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
PLS, I support your idea.
+1

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#455526 - 02/04/18 01:01 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Manuals (online) [Re: MusicStudent]
PLS Offline

@Dan

Well, your second generation german is surely a lot better than mine. Congrats!

I’m not a manual lover per se and most of the times I use them as reference guides, browsing what I need and skipping what I’ve mastered on my own. That’s why the size doesn’t really scare (or pleases) me.

Besides, after bravely having gone through Logic’s manual there’s not much more in the world of manuals that can scare me anymore.

@Matt & Jim

Meanwhile and inspired by Matt’s tip (thanks for that) I just copied the damn thing into my iPad so I got my fix.

I still think that making the manuals available online is a good idea though. Before buying BIAB I’ve also tried to find it to better understand the full potential of the software.

#455553 - 02/04/18 06:14 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Manuals (online) [Re: PLS]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Great. I also put manuals on my iPad.

In the case of BIAB, the videos and user song forums are a great way to see the potential of this software.

#459350 - 02/26/18 04:33 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Manuals (online) [Re: PLS]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
+1

PG Music News
#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Video - Using the StylePicker in Band-in-a-Box®

We've just updated our StylePicker video tutorial - see the latest version here.
This video uses Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows, however all of the functions are applicable to the Mac version.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 5 - All Xtra Styles are On Sale Until August 31st!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 includes over 160 fully-mixed styles in 4 volumes: Rock-Pop 5, Jazz 5, Country 5, and MIDI 1. Learn more about these new RealStyles with our latest video: click here to view

During our Xtra Styles PAK special, we're offering some GREAT sale pricing on ALL of our Xtra Styles PAKs!

$29 each: Xtra Styles PAK Volumes 1-5 (reg. $49) or for a limited time purchase ALL 5 for only $99!

$49: purchase the Xtra StylesPAK + Unreleased RealTracks bundle (reg. $79). The "Unreleased RealTracks" refer to the 40 Bonus RealTracks included in the 2018 49-PAK - a great purchase option if you did not add the 49-PAK to your UltraPAK or Audiophile Upgrade during our Version 2018 release special.

$119: Xtra Styles PAKs 1-5 + Unreleased RealTracks - limited time offer

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAK 5, listen to demos, or purchase today:
Xtra Styles PAKs for Windows
Xtra Styles PAKs for Mac

Forum Stats
27823 Members
51 Forums
52974 Topics
439621 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
brothert67, Robertbudpratt, BennyP, Musicmanicny, LionelNeufTrois