You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#455920 - 02/06/18 01:59 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Enhance the insert or delete bars
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

Loc: Philippines
As it is today, only the notes will be affected by this. But the chords remain the same.. This, in my experience, just destroy the song, as the chords will not be right for the bars anymore... So, insert or delete a bar should move or back-move also the chords accordingly, together with the notes...
My tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.

#455925 - 02/06/18 03:05 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Enhance the insert or delete bars [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Quote:
As it is today, only the notes will be affected by this. But the chords remain the same.. This, in my experience, just destroy the song, as the chords will not be right for the bars anymore... So, insert or delete a bar should move or back-move also the chords accordingly, together with the notes...

Trygve,

I'm not sure what you're meaning, when I insert a bar, the chord moves forward to allow for the insertion.

Inserting a bar adds them to the left of the bar that was clicked on.

For example, put an F chord on bar 2. Now right-click on bar 2 and select "insert bars" and type in '3' so that three bars are inserted. The F chord moves to bar 5 to accommodate the three bars of inserted chords.

Doesn't it work like this for you?

Regards,
Noel

#455926 - 02/06/18 03:20 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Enhance the insert or delete bars [Re: Trygve Larsen]
MikeK Offline
Veteran

Loc: Buford, GA
No issues here either. Maybe the problem needs more clarification? Maybe an audio example?

My Music * PC: Avatar FX8366ice AMD FX-8350(4.0GHz) 16GB DDR3 6TB HDD+128GB SSD HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Win 10 64-Bit. AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2018

#455947 - 02/06/18 05:27 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Enhance the insert or delete bars [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Leo, perhaps give us your exact actions, step by step?
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#455969 - 02/06/18 07:23 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Enhance the insert or delete bars [Re: Trygve Larsen]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Leo, the only time that happens if when the tracks are frozen. Even one frozen track will mess things up. When nothing is frozen all is fine.
YMMV

{edit} at least that is what happens here.

Edited by MarioD (02/06/18 07:24 AM)

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#455990 - 02/06/18 08:50 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Enhance the insert or delete bars [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
I will add that I try never to change the form of a song with a Tag. The melody and soloist tracks can get mighty confused. I always make sure the song form is correct (number of choruses, add or delete bars etc.) before adding a Tag.

Is this relevant? That's one of the reasons I asked for your steps.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#456088 - 02/06/18 06:53 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Enhance the insert or delete bars [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

Thank's for responding guys.. What I probably have misunderstand here is that I do the insert bar from the edit melody menu and NOT from the right click on the bar meny. I tried what Noel suggested now, and it worked. Sorry. My mistake...:)

#456101 - 02/06/18 07:26 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Enhance the insert or delete bars [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
If the feature doesn't perform the same then that in itself is an issue.

Can you give the step-by-step of what you do where it doesn't work so others can duplicate, verify and report to the developers?
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#456261 - 02/07/18 11:17 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Enhance the insert or delete bars [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
Thank's for responding guys.. What I probably have misunderstand here is that I do the insert bar from the edit melody menu and NOT from the right click on the bar menu.

Trygve,

If you've been using "Melody | Edit Melody Track | Quantize, Time adjust | Insert beats" to add bars, this process is ONLY related to the melody and is used for time-shifting and aligning a melody with chords. That could explain what you experienced.

Regards,
Noel

#456359 - 02/07/18 10:03 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Enhance the insert or delete bars [Re: Noel96]
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Noel96

Trygve,

If you've been using "Melody | Edit Melody Track | Quantize, Time adjust | Insert beats" to add bars, this process is ONLY related to the melody and is used for time-shifting and aligning a melody with chords. That could explain what you experienced.

Regards,
Noel
Yes, that is exactly what I was doing... No wonder it did not work the way i was thinking...;) But I always learn more of the details by posting here...;) Thank's again all of u great guys....

PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27840 Members
51 Forums
53044 Topics
440409 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Guitarrocks, helmut_K, Jerome1968, jfrances, LatinoMike

27840 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 141