You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#455863 - 02/05/18 04:45 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] PG PlugIns in Reaper? How?
Tobias Offline
Expert

Loc: Way too close to Palm Springs,...
I have BIAB/RB 2016 and PTPA 10. Sonar LE finds and recognizes the PG Plug Ins. But, I can not find where they are on my computer so I can not either point Reaper to them or copy them to my VST_Dxi folder.
Where are they?

#455876 - 02/05/18 05:33 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: PG PlugIns in Reaper? How? [Re: Tobias]
VintageGibson Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Derry
If you are using Reaper 64 it will not recognize PGMusic DX Plug-ins which are 32 bit. Same for 32 bit DXi instruments. The 32 bit version of Reaper will recognize them.

Regards
Vintage

#455939 - 02/06/18 05:06 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: PG PlugIns in Reaper? How? [Re: Tobias]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
And just to be clear, you can't move DXi files to another folder. DX's are installed via an exe file and registered in the Windows registry. Unlike VST's, which can freely be moved.

And it's exactly what Vintage said, you need a 32-bit host to use these 32-plugins. Hopefully, if BIAB ever goes to 64-bit, we will then get either 64-bit DX plugins, or better yet, rewritten as VST plugins.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#455968 - 02/06/18 07:12 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: PG PlugIns in Reaper? How? [Re: Tobias]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
There are a number of DX to VST wrappers available, i.e. google/bing dx to vst wrapper. That coupled with jBridge MAY solve your problem.

Like John I wish BiaB was 64 bit and all of their DXes would be converted to VSTs. YMMV

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#456038 - 02/06/18 12:51 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: PG PlugIns in Reaper? How? [Re: VintageGibson]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Originally Posted By: VintageGibson
If you are using Reaper 64 it will not recognize PGMusic DX Plug-ins which are 32 bit. Same for 32 bit DXi instruments. The 32 bit version of Reaper will recognize them.

Regards
Vintage

That just don't sound right to me. crazy
SoundCloud

#456067 - 02/06/18 04:42 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: PG PlugIns in Reaper? How? [Re: Tobias]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
FWIW I have yet to find success at this.
For me personally, I'd rather use the Reaper native plugins for most of the FX that are available as PGMusic DX FX (or many times use other options I have available), but one guy I am working with likes the PG FX, so I did make a modest effort to find them in Reaper .. no joy so far.
Granted I am running 64 bit Reaper on the machines that have Reaper, so can't confirm whether using 32 bit Reaper would make a difference. I suppose it's possible.

I wouldn't discard VintageGibson's response without trying it (if you want it bad enough).
I can see how it's possible for 32 bit DX FX to work in a 32 bit host compared to 64.
Just know there may be trade offs in the other direction; other 64 bit plugins will likely not be available natively in a 32 bit host.
So you *may* gain PGMusic FX and lose many others.

#456076 - 02/06/18 05:28 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: PG PlugIns in Reaper? How? [Re: rharv]
VintageGibson Offline
Enthusiast

to MusicStudent

Trust me it works, a couple of years ago I wanted to use a specific DXi in Reaper but couldn't find it, nor could I find the PG DX plugins. After some searching I thought that it may be the 64 bit vs 32 bit issue. I installed Reaper 32 and it picked up all my PG DX and DXi.
As Rharv says, there may be trade offs that I haven't found, but since I have both versions I should be covered.

Regards
Vintage

#456078 - 02/06/18 05:35 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: PG PlugIns in Reaper? How? [Re: Tobias]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Thanks for confirming VintageGibson!
Much appreciated.

#456085 - 02/06/18 06:40 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: PG PlugIns in Reaper? How? [Re: VintageGibson]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Originally Posted By: VintageGibson
to MusicStudent

Trust me it works, a couple of years ago I wanted to use a specific DXi in Reaper but couldn't find it, nor could I find the PG DX plugins. After some searching I thought that it may be the 64 bit vs 32 bit issue. I installed Reaper 32 and it picked up all my PG DX and DXi.
As Rharv says, there may be trade offs that I haven't found, but since I have both versions I should be covered.

Regards
Vintage

I am sure I have or do run some older 32 bit plugings in my 64 bit Reaper. A Quick google showed this:

You need to enable the feature in the REAPER installation dialog, not sure if it's on by default. After that it works transparently, you use x32 plugins just like x64 and REAPER bridges them automatically for you. The bridge itself opens an extra window for the plugin, but you can just close that.
SoundCloud

#456135 - 02/07/18 01:55 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: PG PlugIns in Reaper? How? [Re: MusicStudent]
VintageGibson Offline
Enthusiast

That's interesting, and more convenient than my current method.
I'll check it out.

Vintage

#456260 - 02/07/18 11:16 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: PG PlugIns in Reaper? How? [Re: Tobias]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Quote:
I am sure I have or do run some older 32 bit plugings in my 64 bit Reaper.

I'm pretty sure they are talking about VST/VSTi plugins there, not DX/DXi plugins. Two completely different animals.

I believe Reaper is just doing it's own internal wrapper to present 32-bit plugins to the 64-bit host, just like jBridge does and just like Sonar also did. Of course, with jBridge installed, BIAB and RealBand do this seamlessly as well.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#456331 - 02/07/18 03:57 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: PG PlugIns in Reaper? How? [Re: Tobias]
rharv Offline
Veteran

I think jford is correct.
These are different because they are not VST plugins, they are 32 bit DX FX. They get installed in Windows and all that goes with it. Hence the need for the separate installer for them.
That's much different than a standalone VST plugin.

Attachments
PGFX_Installer.jpg

#456556 - 02/08/18 11:33 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: PG PlugIns in Reaper? How? [Re: Tobias]
Tobias Offline
Expert

Loc: Way too close to Palm Springs,...
Thanks for all of your input on this. I guess I'll just let it go. I have plenty of other plug ins that are quite suitable. But, I remember using the PG plug ins in Power Tracks and I thought they were quite suffice as far as sound and functionality.

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27830 Members
51 Forums
52998 Topics
439863 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
JohnMaxwell, yeto, tdh10, Damian Lluch, milesk

27830 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 146