You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#455856 - 02/05/18 04:18 PM [User Showcase] Magical Voyage
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Magical Voyage

As you sit by the babbling brook you become hypnotized by the water's flow and the red and golden fall leaves slowly falling and cascading downstream. Your mind is drifting away on a magical voyage.

BiaB style = Oceans-Very Slow New Age

I deleted the drums and slightly modified the rest of the tracks to better fit the song.

I am playing the leads on my MIDI keyboard controller.

Let me know what you think.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#455871 - 02/05/18 05:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
You have a wonderful musical mind Mario! This is a really dreamlike piece that certainly puts one in a hypnotic frame of mind! The harp part was an inspired choice! Thanks, Torrey

#455910 - 02/06/18 12:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Mario

A lovely meditative piece. Beautifully put together and arranged.
Very nice indeed.

Peter

#455965 - 02/06/18 06:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Very well done, Mario! It sets a really calming mood. I'd imagine this sounding perfect in a movie or video game, since it has a very cinematic feeling to it. The name you chose for this is definitely suiting! It makes me think of Enya a little bit.

Thanks for sharing smile

#455997 - 02/06/18 09:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
Great mood, lovely chord progression and the melody sung by those angels is really captivating - I feel like I'm entering heaven smile You have done really good job to create this strong emotional voyage.

Janne

#456033 - 02/06/18 12:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

That is deep, dude. Ethereal. Really tasteful chord changes. I can see Stevie Nicks in her witchy clothes doing this.

#456039 - 02/06/18 12:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Very nice and meditative sound.
Excellent composition very well produced.

One of your best for me.

Sergio

Sergio

#456053 - 02/06/18 03:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Mario Buddy, that's exquisite. The Choral is magical. Thanks pal a real winner

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#456158 - 02/07/18 04:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Mario,

Very nice. Terrific new age music. Relaxing, meditative...

It occurred to me while listening to this how VERY good your mixes on this type music are. SO good, in fact, that one does not even THINK about it as it goes by. Transparent. The ultimate in mixing. Bravo.

fj

#456173 - 02/07/18 05:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
Dan Gipson Offline

New enough not to feel to stupid when I ask: how did you access the style you used? I have BIAB 2017 plus, and while if I want to create a jazz bluegrass country etc. I have more choices than I want, I haven't come across anything like new age. Don't have a big enough package? Haven't looked hard enough? Love the piece, Mario

#456185 - 02/07/18 06:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
floyd really said it regarding the mix. If you don't think about it when listening then everything is, indeed, good.

This song was perfect for morning coffee and looking out the music room window at our forest. And the wind chimes were adding a nice touch to your song.

Nice!

J&B
J&B Website

#456202 - 02/07/18 08:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: MarioD]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Well Mario,

I drifted up into the sky and fell out of earth's orbit, so I guess I will catch you on the other side bro.

Thanks for the song man. I see stars, and it's really, really cold, but I see an orange rock, and maybe there is some food over there, but I also see fire, so I dunno.

But man, I hope we'll see one another again!!

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#456216 - 02/07/18 09:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: Torrey Bliss]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
You have a wonderful musical mind Mario! This is a really dreamlike piece that certainly puts one in a hypnotic frame of mind! The harp part was an inspired choice! Thanks, Torrey

Thanx so much Torrey. The nice thing about MIDI is that you can change sounds and modify the notes. That is what I did with the harp.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#456217 - 02/07/18 09:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: PeterF]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Mario

A lovely meditative piece. Beautifully put together and arranged.
Very nice indeed.

Peter

Thanx Peter. Every once in a while I get into a New Age mood so I have to write something either New Age or Ambient.

#456218 - 02/07/18 09:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Very well done, Mario! It sets a really calming mood. I'd imagine this sounding perfect in a movie or video game, since it has a very cinematic feeling to it. The name you chose for this is definitely suiting! It makes me think of Enya a little bit.

Thanks for sharing smile

Thanx Deryk. I was hoping for a calming mood scenario. Enya was very good at that!

#456220 - 02/07/18 09:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: jannesan]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Great mood, lovely chord progression and the melody sung by those angels is really captivating - I feel like I'm entering heaven smile You have done really good job to create this strong emotional voyage.

Janne

Thanx Janne so much. This was really a quick and dirty production taking only a couple of days. BiaB can set up such a foundation that the rest can be easy.....at times!

#456222 - 02/07/18 09:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: eddie1261]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: eddie1261
That is deep, dude. Ethereal. Really tasteful chord changes. I can see Stevie Nicks in her witchy clothes doing this.

Thanx Eddie. BiaB allows me to experiment with chord progressions. That is basically what I use BiaB, thus I use maybe about 5% of what it is capable off doing.

#456223 - 02/07/18 09:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Very nice and meditative sound.
Excellent composition very well produced.

One of your best for me.

Sergio

Thanx Sergio I appreciate these comments.

#456224 - 02/07/18 09:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: furry]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: furry
Mario Buddy, that's exquisite. The Choral is magical. Thanks pal a real winner

Thanx so much my good friend.

#456225 - 02/07/18 09:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Magical Voyage [Re: floyd jane]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Mario,

Very nice. Terrific new age music. Relaxing, meditative...

It occurred to me while listening to this how VERY good your mixes on this type music are. SO good, in fact, that one does not even THINK about it as it goes by. Transparent. The ultimate in mixing. Bravo.

fj

Thanx Floyd. I am finding and my local musician friends agree that Studio One Pro mixes sound much clearer than the mixes I did in Sonar. I know that 1s and 0s are the same so it must be the effects that I am using. Anyway thanx so much for that "ultimate in mixing" comment. That made my day, especially from someone that always produces pro mixes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Write a Song with Xtra Styles PAK 5 for a Chance to WIN!

You could WIN $150 PG Bucks when you enter our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

All you need to do is add Xtra Styles PAK 5 to your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 library (on sale for just $29 until August 31st!), write a song using one if the 160+ professionally mixed styles included, and submit it to our Xtra Styles Contest! Songs submissions are accepted until September 30th - with the 4 winners being announced in early October!

Click here for complete contest rules and information.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
27836 Members
51 Forums
53034 Topics
440230 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
LatinoMike, HCM, iyana, mfandrich, Lefaff

27836 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 144