You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#456365 - 02/07/18 11:24 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Repeatts an DS not playing nice
Stratso Offline
Enthusiast

Hello

I transposed a song from a chord sheet. The form is:
AABA solo (over A1 A2) BA Vamp. A1 and A2 chords are identical except for the last measure. Or maybe a little clearer: AABA AABA Vamp With the solo over the second AA

The way that it is done in the Ireel pro is: A1 has repeat bars and 2 endings. Then there is a Segno on measure one of A1 and a coda at the end of the last measure of A3 with vamp verses following.

When I try to enter this setup (the repeat bars and 2 endings are in place on A1) BiaB tells me that I can't put a repeat inside of a repeat. Is there a way around this or do I have to do away with the repeats and 2 endings on A1 & A2 and just longhand them?

Also after setting up the repeat/2 endings on A1 the repeat bars are red and I don't have a grayed out A2. I'm guessing that indicates some sort of problem.

Thanks

#456373 - 02/08/18 02:43 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Repeatts an DS not playing nice [Re: Stratso]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Stratso,

Have a read through the below thread abd the link that I give in the second post in the thread. While it doesn't deal with DS, it might help.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=454901

Also...

Rather than set BIAB out in terms of sheet music, it's often much easier to simply lay the song out in a once-through format. If you have a look at the following song of mine, you'll see what I mean by that.

https://vimeo.com/143978481

With copy and paste, laying a song out linearly from start to end is very easy and way less convoluted than using repeats, DS, DC, etc.

Regards,
Noel

#456403 - 02/08/18 05:22 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Repeatts an DS not playing nice [Re: Noel96]
Dave Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
I do this on a regular basis.
I create the song in the linear format, as Noel suggests. I make sure this plays exactly as I want. I do not use tag endings - ever.

Then I use the repeats / endings process to create a workable print l fake sheet layout. Since this is essentially a print function it doesn't mess with the original song. You do have to make sure that the start bar, the start of the ending, and the length of the ending are correct especially if the endings are of different lengths.

You can then add a DS as needed. You will need to know where the DS starts (after which bar), where the sign should be, and BIAB will print the capo after the last bar.

The print can be confusing sometimes such as repeats within repeats. Remember it's a print function - the song will always play as you laid it out originally. I just colour code the repeats with a marker. Red returns to red, blue goes back to blue.

You can also uses repeats (not 1st ending), but for some reason the DS won't print (the sign and the coda marks are thee), but again the song plays correctly.

#456714 - 02/09/18 09:22 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Repeatts an DS not playing nice [Re: Stratso]
Stratso Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies.

I'm going to enter everything long hand (linear) to get these projects done to use as backing tracks for practice and come back later and see what I can do to compress it for the lead and chord sheets. I need to hit the books and get a better understanding of these functions.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 per MAC - Italian Release!

Abbiamo lavorato tanto, abbiamo aggiunto 50 nuove funzioni e una sorprendente collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Studi Strumentali, Loops, Performance di Musicisti, Presets Amplitube e stili associati, RealTracks in 12 tonalità, Notazione di Chitarra Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=it

YouTube Find - Live Recording of Casa Di Amore Performance using Band-in-a-Box Backing Tracks!

Wow - check out this audio recording of a live performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks! Click here to watch...

While you're there, take a look at Rick's YouTube channel - ALL of the recordings from their Casa Di Amore playlist include Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!
(These were all recorded during their 2005 performance at Casa Di Amore in Las Vegas Nevada.)

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Users LOVE Xtra Styles PAK 5!

We're excited to offer Xtra Styles PAK 5, with over 160 fully-mixed styles, including 35 new MIDI Styles... LOOK MA - ALL MIDI!

But, we're not the only ones in love with Xtra Styles PAK 5 - here's what you're saying:
"Wow! That's quite a collection!"
"Really appreciate all the new MIDI styles!"
"These have already helped my rhythm and intonation and given new life to my practice. And it is SO MUCH FUN."
"Simply awesome. Thanks, everyone at PG!"
"A great new PAK indeed!"
"Great new collection here!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Way to go, PG Music!"
"Oh, they've made ALL-MIDI styles!!!"
"Best move I've ever made!"
"These new RealStyles are amazingly creative!"
"Outstanding!"
"Oh! Goody!!"

Save 40% when you purchase Xtra Styles PAK 5 for just $29 (reg. $49) during our special, which ends August 31st!
Click here to learn more, listen to demos, or order today!

Then, don't forget to enter your song, created using these new Styles, in our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest for your chance to win $150 PG Bucks!

Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Forum Stats
27842 Members
57 Forums
53103 Topics
440778 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
howarddavidp@gml, tritone7337, noameisen, Tangmo, Guitarrocks

27842 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 137