Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#456405 - 02/08/18 05:31 AM [Beginners Forum] 750 BIAB songs for download
Tony Wright Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Waterloo Ontario Canada
I have made all my BIAB cover songs available for download using this Dropbox link. There are about 750 songs plus a list (CSV file) to make browsing easier. No melodies of course so no copyright issues. You should be able to download any file, let me know if there are problems.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/azh0bigv4zarj3v/AABDFw1vLd7Zx4EkSBjkURMKa?dl=0

I have created these songs over nearly 20 years using BIAB so many of them have not been updated to use RT’s but the chord sheets may be useful for some people looking for a song. If anyone would like to take my files and improve them with a more sophisticated version using RT’s etc – be my guest.

In the early years I created BIAB chord sheets mainly for songs in the great American songbook but in the last few years have included lots of classic country, pop, rock, jazz, disco etc. I just love hearing a song from my youth that I had forgotten about then searching for the sheet music with chords to create a BIAB song. I have no ear to create my own chords and need the written music to play my keyboard.

I use BIAB purely for my own amusement to create backing for playing the keyboard (plus playing at the occasional party) and I have sheet music for every song with every bar numbered on the paper copies to correspond with the BIAB chord sheet. All 750 songs are in 3 ring binders arranged by genre which is why the BIAB files are just lumped together in one folder – except for a folder of Irish songs.

Tony

#456408 - 02/08/18 06:03 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
DeaconBlues09 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Merkaz, Israel
OMG, that's amazing! Thank you so much grin

#456420 - 02/08/18 07:26 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
massichat Offline
Enthusiast

What generosity! a huge thanks smile

Edit : I'm playing them, what a wonderful job, thank you for giving us the chance to travel 20 years of your life smile
It is surely a problem related to my Biab, but on several songs, I do not hear any instruments except the drums (especially the open and the closed hat). Someone has encountered this problem ?
Edit2 : Solved by disabling freeze button on those instruments smile
Remains the drums (hear only hh on some songs)

Edited by massichat (02/08/18 09:11 AM)

#456426 - 02/08/18 07:48 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Tony,

Twenty years worth of music! Very generous of you to share this with us Tony. Thank you very much!

Note to ALL: If you have DropBox and decide to download all the SGU song files there is a download all option. Click on the download option in the top, right corner of the screen then select either direct download or save to DropBox. DropBox will select all the files then compile the files into one compressed file. The compressed file size is about 35 MB.

Attachments
Save All.jpg

Edited by Jim Fogle (02/08/18 08:05 AM)
Edit Reason: Add download info
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#456429 - 02/08/18 08:04 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
That’s very generous Tony.

I used to have a few dozen Brazilian jazz downloads on my website but I didn’t keep them up when RealTracks arrived. That would be quite a job now.
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#456443 - 02/08/18 09:10 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
Guitartist Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Maine
Thank you, Tony! That's very generous and thoughtful of you to share.

Ron

https://soundcloud.com/ron-longtin/sets/originals

#456448 - 02/08/18 09:37 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Thanx so much for sharing these files with us. 20 years of work is a lot to share! I know that I will find songs in here that I currently do not have.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#456450 - 02/08/18 09:41 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
w Offline
Expert

Loc: somewhere in outer space

Thank you Tony.

Very generous share.

I have tried a few of them and your chordal arrangements and real track matching are fantastic.

Now my mission will be to find the sheet music ( pdf format ) with the melodies for my favorite songs.
variety of acoustic instruments
SC : https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

#456451 - 02/08/18 09:45 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: w]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: w

Thank you Tony.

Very generous share.

I have tried a few of them and your chordal arrangements and real track matching are fantastic.

Now my mission will be to find the sheet music ( pdf format ) with the melodies for my favorite songs.

FYI - My starting place for sheet music is Music Notes:

https://www.musicnotes.com/

Another good site is Sheet Music Plus:

https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/?aff_id=491934

Good luck.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#456458 - 02/08/18 10:03 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
toucher Offline
Expert

Loc: Arizona
Thank you Tony for your generosity. I look forward to a great listen.

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippmusic

#456471 - 02/08/18 10:43 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: MarioD]
w Offline
Expert

Loc: somewhere in outer space
MarioD,

appreciate your feedback/info
variety of acoustic instruments
SC : https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

#456478 - 02/08/18 11:29 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Very nice Tony! I get calls for all sorts of gigs and I'll wind up looking for charts for stuff I don't know. I don't need any melodies, just the chords and these files are great.

The first one I tested out is Beyond the Sea because I had to do that for a Xmas party and all my charts that I could find have it in one key, no modulations. Yours has the mods. YES! That one file would have saved me a ton of time going through all my other stuff trying to find one with all the mods.

I couldn't get it to change styles until I realized all tracks were frozen. After I unfroze them it's all good.

Bob

#456495 - 02/08/18 01:59 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Awesome, Tony. Looks like I'll be doing some downloading tonight to add to my library.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#456499 - 02/08/18 02:20 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: MarioD]
Tony Wright Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: w

Thank you Tony.
Very generous share.

FYI - My starting place for sheet music is Music Notes:
https://www.musicnotes.com/
Another good site is Sheet Music Plus:
https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/?aff_id=491934
Good luck.

I use both those sites, especially Music Notes
Tony

#456530 - 02/08/18 06:31 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
Tony Wright Offline
Journeyman

Thank you for the positive responses. I don’t feel I am being exactly generous because the files don’t have any monetry value and it’s a pleasure to share them with other BIAB users. I have always thought that there isn’t enough emphasis on the forum about the creating and sharing of BIAB cover song backings. I suspect the majority of people use BIAB for covers and as long as the melody isn’t posted there should be no copyright issues. Perhaps there could be forum discussion specifically for sharing covers. Surely PG would have no problem.

It occurred to me after I posted the files that a few notes about how I have constructed the chord sheets would be helpful.

STYLES – Some of the styles are from Norton (those beginning with #) or from other internet sources or you may not have bought them from PG so your BIAB program may not find all the styles I have used. My BIAB defaults to ZZJAZZ.sty when that happens but that may just be the way I have it set up. I have added the style name to the list of songs on Dropbox so you can see what the intended style was for every song. Let me know if you are missing a style and I will see what I can do.

CHORUSES – I don’t use them. Every song is a single chorus. Without the sheet music in front to you it might be difficult to follow the repeats. I usually followed the repeats/bridges suggested by the music but sometimes I would watch a performer on YouTube and copy the original artist.

INTRODUCTIONS – Lots of my songs use the intro from the music and with American Songbook songs the intros can be quite long. Some songs have no intros or intros generated by BIAB.

ENDINGS – I nearly always use the same simple ending i.e. hold the last chord with three dots (e,g, C…) then finish with any other chord and one dot (e.g. A.) Sometimes I will mute an instrument or the drums on the C… chord to make a smoother ending. Occasionally I use a fade out.
A few years ago one of the new BIAB versions started screwing up my endings by not recognising this method and it keeps playing to the last bar. If any of the files do this just unfreeze, regenerate and refreeze. This solves the problem for that song. I never did get an answer to that problem.

SOLOS – I love to use solos particularly with the repeats so some songs have the solo track muted at the start.

FROZEN – As you have discovered, many songs are frozen especially those with RT’s

Tony

#456551 - 02/08/18 10:35 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
jcspro40 Offline
Expert

Loc: Ohio-USA
A HUGE Thank You Tony for the share, this is fantastic!
Intel Core2Quad 3.2Ghz, 8gb memory, 1gb nVidia dual monitor card, 1tb OS/2x 3tb Internal HDD, 12tb External HDD, dual LG 27" Monitors, E-Mu 1820 Sound Card, Win Vista/Win7 x64 Ultimate, BiaB/RB 2018, Reaper 4.75, Mixbus 32C, Focusrite Liquid Mix 32, ETC

#457000 - 02/11/18 11:03 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

What a sweet and thoughtful thing to do. Thank you for sharing your work with us Tony.
My Videos

#457116 - 02/12/18 12:22 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Tony Wright]
wish Offline
Apprentice

Loc: South Australia
Thanks from down-under. I look forward to sharing my tracks when there is enough to make it worth while.
Cheers.
Windows10,INTEL CORE i3-330M Processor 2.13GHz 64bit
Coyote Forte DXi
Goldstar Midi keyboard, JBL Eon speaker,
Allen and Heath Mixer, TC HELICON Voice Solo
Vocalist Live 5, Maton acoustic guitar, Onsong

#457124 - 02/12/18 02:04 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: wish]
Teunis Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
Tony, thanks a heap for these, I have had a listen to some already. I find enjoyable and interesting hearing the different slants on the same song. I can see I'll be busy for some time going through a number of these and gleaning from your expertise.

Tony

#457606 - 02/14/18 06:53 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: 750 BIAB songs for download [Re: Teunis]
Keith from Oz Offline
Veteran

Loc: NSW Australia
Thank you Tony, your gesture is very much appreciated.
I'm looking forward to "exploring"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Users LOVE Xtra Styles PAK 5!

We're excited to offer Xtra Styles PAK 5, with over 160 fully-mixed styles, including 35 new MIDI Styles... LOOK MA - ALL MIDI!

But, we're not the only ones in love with Xtra Styles PAK 5 - here's what you're saying:
"Wow! That's quite a collection!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Really appreciate all the new MIDI styles!"
"These have already helped my rhythm and intonation and given new life to my practice. And it is SO MUCH FUN."
"Simply awesome. Thanks, everyone at PG!"
"A great new PAK indeed!"
"Great new collection here!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Way to go, PG Music!"
"Oh, they've made ALL-MIDI styles!!!"
"Best move I've ever made!"
"These new RealStyles are amazingly creative!"
"Outstanding!"
"Oh! Goody!!"

Save 40% when you purchase Xtra Styles PAK 5 for just $29 (reg. $49) during our special, which ends August 31st!
Click here to learn more, listen to demos, or order today!

Then, don't forget to enter your song, created using these new Styles, in our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest for your chance to win $150 PG Bucks!

Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Forum Stats
27839 Members
57 Forums
53161 Topics
440702 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Guitarrocks, helmut_K, Jerome1968, jfrances, LatinoMike

27838 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 138
Al-David 130