Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#449690 - 01/07/18 07:26 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Listen to the music by the Doobie Brothers BIAB performance track
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
I did this cover of "Listen to the music" sometime back and have posted it on YouTube and linked to this forum mainly as a demonstration that guitar and other instrumental riffs can accurately and authentically be replicated using techniques and features available in the BIAB program such as midi and audio recording. Enjoy.

LISTEN TO THE MUSIC - DOOBIE BROTHERS 1972

#449765 - 01/07/18 01:38 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Listen to the music by the Doobie Brothers BIAB performance track [Re: Charlie Fogle]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Very impressive Charlie, thanks.

Can you advise what tracks / style was used?

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#449797 - 01/07/18 02:48 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Listen to the music by the Doobie Brothers BIAB performance track [Re: VideoTrack]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

I didn't think I would be able to find anything because when I did this project was prior to the loosening of restrictions for covers and we could post songs from YouTube. I don't normally preserve a project that I will likely never have reason to use again. But I found the original seq and sgu files on a backup drive. That's some good luck.

I originally did this project 11/15/2014 and the style I started with was _M16SPNO.STY. Worship Pop w/ Piano.
That is the date that Windows Explorer show all the associated files being last modified including the original sgu file but I would not have guessed it was that long ago. But that is the best date I have anything documented for.

I played the seq file and it is the same as what is posted.

Here is the memo from the seq file:

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Listen To The Music
File:Listen To The Music.SGU
Key=D , Tempo 106, Length (m:s)=3:46
No intro. 98 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 98. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _M16SPNO.STY (Med.Pop 16ths with Piano [110RS])

RealTracks in style: 1174:Bass, Electric, PopClypso Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 1689:B3 Organ Background Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 1606:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Pop16ths Ev16 110
RealTracks in style: 1608:Guitar, High-Strung Acoustic, Rhythm Pop16ths Ev16 110
RealDrums in style: NashvilleEven16^5-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

There is an additional audio track of the guitar riff.

Edited by Charlie Fogle (01/07/18 02:52 PM)

#449817 - 01/07/18 06:41 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Listen to the music by the Doobie Brothers BIAB performance track [Re: Charlie Fogle]
jford Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
What a great cover, Charlie. That's one of my favorite Doobie Brothers songs and one I had been wanting to tackle. I'll take a look at that style.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#449862 - 01/08/18 06:22 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Listen to the music by the Doobie Brothers BIAB performance track [Re: Charlie Fogle]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Nice job, Charlie!

I can hear the vocal in my head as I'm listening to your track. Rhythm guitar in particular is perfect.

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Latest song: Life ain't a Cookie Jar

#449958 - 01/08/18 02:06 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Listen to the music by the Doobie Brothers BIAB performance track [Re: Charlie Fogle]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Charlie,

That is really nicely done.

#449981 - 01/08/18 04:06 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Listen to the music by the Doobie Brothers BIAB performance track [Re: floyd jane]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

Originally Posted By: jford
What a great cover, Charlie. That's one of my favorite Doobie Brothers songs and one I had been wanting to tackle. I'll take a look at that style.

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Nice job, Charlie!

I can hear the vocal in my head as I'm listening to your track. Rhythm guitar in particular is perfect.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Charlie,

That is really nicely done.

Thanks for listening and taking time to comment. I appreciate it.

Charlie

#450265 - 01/10/18 06:23 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Listen to the music by the Doobie Brothers BIAB performance track [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

You nailed it Charlie! This is a personal favourite of mine by the Doobie Brothers, and you seriously did it some justice here smile

#450408 - 01/10/18 06:43 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Listen to the music by the Doobie Brothers BIAB performance track [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
You nailed it Charlie! This is a personal favourite of mine by the Doobie Brothers, and you seriously did it some justice here smile

Thanks for the kind comments Deryk. This one has always been a personal favorite of mine too.

#451033 - 01/14/18 03:37 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Listen to the music by the Doobie Brothers BIAB performance track [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
nice job Charlie! Especially thanks for posting the tracks used!
Did you play any of that yourself? (Your original post said something about audio recording...)

And you mention something about restrictions being lifted regarding the posting of cover songs... I must have missed that... is it true that we can post covers here now?

#451036 - 01/14/18 03:49 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Listen to the music by the Doobie Brothers BIAB performance track [Re: Pat Marr]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Good morning Pat.

I did this project for a friend's personal use several years ago and all of the tracks are BIAB real tracks except for the pre-recorded signature rhythm riff made available to me that was recorded by a guitarist that could play it in a more professional sound that I could.

Regarding restrictions, they have not changed for here on the BIAB forum but what is now allowed are postings in this thread of covers that are on YouTube. The short answer is yes, if the cover is on YouTube and was done with the use of BIAB.

I uploaded this project to YouTube and posted the link here and linked to this post in another thread here on the forum as a reference during a discussion that accurate covers could not be achieved using BIAB.

#452248 - 01/19/18 01:09 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Listen to the music by the Doobie Brothers BIAB performance track [Re: Pat Marr]
Larry Kehl Offline
Veteran

Loc: New Mexico
GREAT work!

That song takes me back to another time, another place, another mindset, and people & friends I'll never see again.

Larry

#452346 - 01/20/18 03:28 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Listen to the music by the Doobie Brothers BIAB performance track [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Thanks Larry for taking time to listen.

Charlie

#455137 - 02/01/18 11:40 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Listen to the music by the Doobie Brothers BIAB performance track [Re: Charlie Fogle]
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Thanks man. Great sound and great cover.

BTW, I immediately found this file and saved it to desktop as let me see...

DOOBIE BROTHERS

New song coming!!!

Man, one thing that has always bothered me. I have been trying to figure out what the Doobie in Doobie brothers was referring to for decades.

I wonder if I will ever know? Is it just one of those things that must forever remain a mystery?????

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#455141 - 02/01/18 11:53 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Listen to the music by the Doobie Brothers BIAB performance track [Re: Charlie Fogle]
jford Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Quote:
Man, one thing that has always bothered me. I have been trying to figure out what the Doobie in Doobie brothers was referring to for decades.

Yeah, and they're not even brothers. What's with that? smile

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#456616 - 02/09/18 09:18 AM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Listen to the music by the Doobie Brothers BIAB performance track [Re: David Snyder]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Thanks man. Great sound and great cover.

BTW, I immediately found this file and saved it to desktop as let me see...

DOOBIE BROTHERS

New song coming!!!

I wonder if I will ever know? Is it just one of those things that must forever remain a mystery?????

Thanks for listening and I'm guessing your 'new song coming' may take a poke answering to what the 'Doobie' in Doobie Brothers means?? ;=0

Edited by Charlie Fogle (02/09/18 12:57 PM)

#456638 - 02/09/18 12:33 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Listen to the music by the Doobie Brothers BIAB performance track [Re: Charlie Fogle]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Good job Charlie but bump up the drums. Note the key here is finding someone to play the signature lick. That's always the problem with trying to create good covers in Biab.

A Doobie is/was a joint. A joint is what's now legal in 9 states for folks who may not know. At the time the name Doobie Brothers was quite the flower power/counter culture/antiwar joke...

Bob

#456652 - 02/09/18 02:13 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Listen to the music by the Doobie Brothers BIAB performance track [Re: Charlie Fogle]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
I was going to post a YT link to a good backing track just to use as a comparison. I found many different ones then I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF_YmaI6qSQ

This is amazing. Who is this guy who posted this? It really sounds like he has access to the original studio tracks especially when the vocals comes in. If he someway somehow created this himself, how the heck did he do it? Where did he get those clean vocals?

Bob

#456687 - 02/09/18 05:24 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Listen to the music by the Doobie Brothers BIAB performance track [Re: jazzmammal]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
I was going to post a YT link to a good backing track just to use as a comparison. I found many different ones then I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF_YmaI6qSQ

This is amazing. Who is this guy who posted this? It really sounds like he has access to the original studio tracks especially when the vocals comes in. If he someway somehow created this himself, how the heck did he do it? Where did he get those clean vocals?

Bob

There's a fellow named Terry Jackson that claims to have access to the original studio tracks for this song and many others.

Listen to the Music original studio tracks posted by Terry Jackson

#456696 - 02/09/18 05:57 PM [I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube] Re: Listen to the music by the Doobie Brothers BIAB performance track [Re: jazzmammal]
Jim Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
The multi-tracks may be a by product of guitar video games like Guitar Hero or Rocksmith. Many familiar songs were remixed in multi-track format so gamers could play their favorite instrument on their game controller.

There is also a +++ Wikipedia Article +++ that lists some albums and songs that have been released as stems.
i3 laptop, 64bit Win 7, 8 GB ram, 480GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Quinn Bachand - Hard at Work!

Check it out - this is happening NOW... Quinn Bachand's latest RealTracks recording session!

Image: http://www.pgmusic.com/gfx/Quinn_Session.jpeg

Listen to demos of Quinn's existing RealTracks at http://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php?a=61&os=win&sortby=name

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade for Mac

Did you know....

If you are currently using a Band-in-a-Box® 2017 UltraPlusPAK or EverythingPAK and are wanting to upgrade to the new version, with the 202 new RealTracks that were just released, the PlusPAK upgrade is a great option! This is available on DVD, flash drive, or electronic delivery - simply install the content to your existing 2017 BB folder! Add the 49-PAK to your purchase, and you'll complete the RealTracks library with the 40 BONUS unreleased RealTracks!

This package is on sale for just $99 during our special (reg. $129): http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.pluspak.htm.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK for Mac

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac during our special and you will receive a Free Bonus PAK which includes Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band, 10 MIDI SuperTracks, 7 Instrumental Studies, 40 AmpliTube Presets & 37 Associated bonus Styles, and 52 Loops for Band-in-a-Box!

Take it a step further and add a 49-PAK to your purchase for only $49! Add the 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac purchase and you'll receive these GREAT Band-in-a-Box Add-ons:
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band
ALL 40 UNRELEASED Bonus RealTracks
22 MIDI SuperTracks
101 Instrumental Studies
Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

Get to Know The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 49-PAK: Video link - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac- 49-PAK Overview

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 Pro & MegaPAK RealCombos!

We've added MORE to the RealCombos included in the Pro & MegaPAK packages with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Pro includes 300 RealTracks instruments in over 100 bands - that's 100+ more than previous years - listen to them here.

There are now over 500 RealTracks in 300 Bands in the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 MegaPAK! Take a look at all the RealTracks & RealDrums in the MegaPAK here.

To receive the new version with these new RealCombos, upgrade during our special for as little as $59! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm.

Get ALL the Regular RealTracks & RealDrums when you upgrade to an UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition!

Title Track Day, May 23, 2018!

Did you know... today is Title Track Day!

Which album do you think of on this special day? Better yet, have you created your own album and named it after a song?

Join the converation...

New! Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

NEW with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends May 31st!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.videorealtracks.htm

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)!

Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=7ZrfGSqjaOU

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - on sale until May 31st!

Forum Stats
27519 Members
50 Forums
51889 Topics
428764 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Dixiesatellite72, hhbailey, medblues, Terry V, The Captain

27519 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 347
Noel96 155