Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sergio Guarneri #459435 02/27/18 04:57 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: cliftond
That is a kicker for sure, pumped up and tight. Great song!!

Thanks for stopping for a listen!

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Wow, Floyd!

You just continue to pump out great material.

I wish I knew the secret.

This up-front driving delivery excels.

You continue to elevate this product to new levels.

Every time.

(Wow is an understatement.)

Trev - what a very nice review! I sincerely appreciate it! We are all fortunate to have the magic of BIAB to express our music. It is a most amazing thing...

Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Super song and performance.
Very well sung.
Great rhythm

Sergio

Appreciate that, Sergio...

dcuny #459570 02/28/18 03:54 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Achordocaster
Hey Floyd,

I've been on hiatus for awhile, (I am back with a new song though) but I see you continue to crank out quality work in my absence! grin

This is good stuff. The drums sound fabulous as does everything else... Vocal, backing tracks, mix, etc.
For some reason this has sort of a Neil Diamond thing going for me. cool
First time it hit the chorus brought a big grin to my face!

Great Job!

Greg

Greg - thanks for that nice review. I could see this as a Neil Diamond thing - when he gets in his "mean thing"... smile

Originally Posted By: tommyad
You've done it again with a big sounding mix and some fine lyrics. You never miss, Tom

Thanks, Tom...

Originally Posted By: gruverider
Love that piano!!!

I like the "staggered" (relative to the lead vox) background vocals. They add to the energy and intensity.

The song, music and lyrics, is like a good steam locomotive barreling down the middle of my head.

Great job once again on the production.

much enjoyed!

Thanks, Lawrence. Getting the piano right in a mix is one of the hardest things, I think... appreciate all the nice comments!!

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Technically, I loved all the aspects of the song - big sound, expressive singing, excellent production.

But - and much to my irritation - I found I wasn't emotionally drawn in, because the hook's lyric didn't appeal to me. Not a complaint against the song at all - that's my loss. cry

David - appreciate the nice comments. It's actually a good thing that the lyric didn't "hit home" for you... that means you never had a girlfriend like this - that drove you to the point of screaming "Grow up!"... This lyric was actually written when I was about 24...a chaotic time in the relationship...

HearToLearn #459757 03/01/18 04:08 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Ooops...time to get this one done and out of the way...

Originally Posted By: molsenhouse
That was great, Floyd!

The ghost of… The Boss – what's not to like!
A great rocker, great lyrics and melody.

Agree about earlier comments on hard panning toms.
How do you mix your drum loops? Have you added some kind of compression to them? One or more tracks, bus-mixing?

And your vocals – outstanding! Really enjoying you taking out your american rocker potential!

Thanks for the ride :-)
Einar

Einar - Thanks for having a listen. The drums loops in this case are a stereo drum mix - just like RealDrums are - and just like them, I added the same Studio One preset that I always do - which includes an EQ and a multiband compressor. I just drop that one and then don't touch it...

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Okay, this one is my new favorite of yours. That is, until you come out with your next one, probably. Another great job. The lyrics lay it all out, some great lines in this one. And your vocals drive them home, as always.

Always impressed.

Steve

Steve - glad you stopped by (hope we will see more of you this year!). I'm actually surprised that this might be a favorite - it's kinda "the rough side of me"... smile

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
I have a fair number of suggestions on what you can change in your song. If you are looking to make your song bad, let me know...I'm your man. Otherwise, you will be stuck with this great song. Your call really. wink

People have already mentioned many things...the lyrics, drums..all of that...fantastic.

Personally, there is so much working right, that I hate to limit it. I would like to say though, that I really like the hook extending into the piano at the end of the choruses. So cool. The organ coming into build into the next section...awesome! Tearing down and rebuilding that chorus towards the end, beautiful. You did SO MUCH to create interest in listening.

Loved it!

Strangely, as I'm writing this, Born in the USA is playing in the room I'm in. Hmmm....a sign?

Coincidence? I don't think so.

smile

floyd jane #460090 03/02/18 08:40 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hello, floyd

Very pop and powerful!
This is exactly American Rock song.
As others said, Bruce Springsteen and Neil Diamond!
Your vocal is very powerful and comfortable as usual.
The great bear of the bass drums is also wonderful.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

floyd jane #462461 03/16/18 07:33 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
I don't think BRILLIANT would be too strong a word for this!!! I love the attitude! I love the energy! I love the arrangement and performance! Reminds me of a Springsteen tune...exploding with emotion and passion. You're the man Floyd!! This rocks!!! Take care. Greg

floyd jane #465027 03/31/18 12:22 PM
User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
I always like your work & this song is no exception... I can just hear Toby Keith singing this little rascal!

Jim
†=☮&♥
floyd jane #466205 04/08/18 09:07 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd,

I was just scanning through the forum to see what I've missed and I discovered that this song is one of the many!

I listened to "Grow Up" quite a while back but, for some reason that's now lost in history, I didn't say anything!

Your singing, your writing, your arranging are fantastic (as always). And the production... wow!! It's spectacular. I cannot believe just how much sparkle and shine you manage to add to a mix. This is such a good listen!

Really enjoyed it... and then some!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
floyd jane #466207 04/08/18 09:25 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
On that train a bit late for this great rockin tune. As always a great production. Rob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199