Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
In style picker, for _SMOKERS.STY. Smokers Serenade, the flute (2779 is not available). Does anyone know what PAK or option RT279 was provided in? I have the 2018 Plus PAK upgrade from the 2017 version of the "Everything PAK". Also purchased the additional 49 PAK. I have the 510 update installed and styles rebuilt.

Thanks

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2779 flute NA.PNG (8.78 KB, 156 downloads)
Veteran
Veteran
Rich,

From what I can tell, Set 265 was released with the 2017 version of BIAB.

If you log-in into your Sales account at PG Music, click on "My Products" and then scroll down a bit, you should find an exe file that you can download and install that will contain Set 265.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
Noel,
Thanks for your reply. Investigating a little further, The set 265 appeared in a yellow message when I picked the style Smokers Serenade, however, the RT itself (2779 flute) is part of set 279, and set 279 was included with my BBW 2017 purchase. There are actually 3 other RTs marked as N/A in set 279 in Style/RT Picker. But, theoretically I should have all RTs in set 279. All in all, when filtering RTs to "Show only styles with RealTracks/RealDrums Not Found, 150 N/A are listed. But looking at my more recent purchase back through BB 2016 (I started with version 2004), I should have those RTs that are listed as N/A. Also, windows explorer lists bb/Styles=7629.Other items missing include those related to Amplitude.
W/E also lists the following for the RealTracks folder:

98.6 GB (105,897,747,965 bytes)
111,914 Files, 2,925 Folders

I haven't updated any amplitude sw since 2015, as the authorization was such a pain.

Perhaps I need to send PG an email/support request.

Thanks again Noel.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
An easy way to confirm that your Band-in-a-Box for Windows installation is complete is to run the "Download Manager" - there's a simple tutorial here: http://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_downloadmanager.htm

Since your order history indicates that you do indeed own this, using the Download Manager will hopefully clear things up, and allow you to install anything you're missing from your purchase(s).

Callie
Marketing Representative
PG Music Inc.
Veteran
Veteran
Rich,

According to the image you posted, the flute Realtrack is #2799 and not #2779 (which is a guitar).

When I looked in Realtrack picker, #2799 is definitely listed as being set 265 (see image below).

Also, in case the information helps...

here is the list of all Realtrack sets...

http://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.all.php?os=win

...and here is the list of Realtrack sets by recent years...

http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.realtracks.htm

According to Callie's post above, you definitely should have it. Using Download manager seems like a good way get everything up and running.

As mentioned in my earlier post, you could also do it manually by going into your Sales account and downloading the appropriate exe file from "My Products".

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
flute 2799 - richca in canada.JPG (72.66 KB, 117 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Quote:
Thanks for your reply. Investigating a little further, The set 265 appeared in a yellow message when I picked the style Smokers Serenade, however, the RT itself (2779 flute) is part of set 279, and set 279 was included with my BBW 2017 purchase.

_SMOKERS.STY is included with RealTracks Set 279 as indicated in the StylePicker, and it showcases RealTracks from that set. One of the RealTracks it uses however (the Flute, RT #2799), is from an older RealTracks Set (265). You could sort the RealTracks Picker by Set number to see which sets you are missing, and then download and install them again if necessary. Before you go to that trouble, you should double-check the RealTracks Preferences dialog and see if the custom folder location is correct. (Maybe it's looking in the wrong RealTracks folder).

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
Thanks Andrew, Callie and Noel for your suggestions. I had to dig a little deeper prior to coming back to this thread. As it turns out, when I investigated further, when looking at the "What Add-ons do I have, 19 RTs were listed as not found. However, using Style Picker, It initially listed 150 RTs not found. I was missing all of some RT sets, missing 1 or more of other RT Sets. From my lists, only sets with dates 2017/11 and 2016/11 are involved. My purchase of both BBW 2017 and 2016 was the "Everything Pak."

I had also previously installed when they became available: RT patches Feb 2017, March 2017, Jul 2017, Nov 2016, Dec 2015 and all BBW updates for all versions. In conjunction with my previous post,I ran the BBW 2018 Download/Installer Manager. It listed everything but RealTracks Sets 294-300 as installed, so I executed the download/install form within D/I Manager for RTs 294-300. Afterwards I executed the detailed styles rebuild, and subsequently the quick rebuild but with no improvement. I executed the install once again from within D/I Manager, but no improvement. I had just prior to the above executed the Cleanup utility. All of my RTs were/are in bb\RealTracks, as were/are RealDrums, Styles, etc. Style Picker shows 5760 items in list with no filters. With RTs not found filter set, 5611 items are listed. The log for cleanup did show some errors in folder relocation, but most of those had to do with other add-ons (e.g., Swingin' Jazz Piano Solos, etc.). There is however, perhaps an issue with the last few lines in the log file:

Files with STY extension are absent in folder C:\bb\
Files with STX extension are absent in folder C:\bb\

So not sure what the problem is with all the missing RTs, and I'm not looking forward to the download times for the RT Sets involved, especially since some of the sets only have one or a few missing.

The involved RT Sets and number missing out of total listed in parentheses (e.g., 2 of 18)are: 255(4 of 4), 256(8 of 8),257(3 of 3),258(4 of 4),259(6 of 7), 260(4 of 4),261(4 of 4),263(3 of 13),264(6 of 6),265(6 of 6),266(3 of 9),267(12 of 12), 268(6 of 6),269(8 of 8),270(4 of 4),271(4 of 4),272(4 of 4),274(5 of 8),277( 3 of 11),278(1 of 8),279(3 of 9),281(2 of 28),283(2 of 28), 285(5 of 36),286(1 of 18),288(5 of 21),289(1 of 29),290(6 of 36),BonusPak(4 of 25),Bonus(10 of 54),Misc.(2 of 329),MST23(2 of 6),MST24(2 of 5),MST26(1 of 4),MST27(2 of 11).

Sorry about the eye watering list above, but I didm't see a way to include a text attachment with the post.

Richard

Veteran
Veteran
Rich,

The mystery deepens. I can feel your frustration. For reference, 2017/11 is BIAB 2018 (it was released at the end of 2017) and, similarly, 2016/11 is BIAB 2017.

Quote:
From your list above...

Realtracks Sets 278 - 300 are BIAB 2018 (released 2017/11)

Realtracks Sets 254 - 277 are BIAB 2017 (released 2016/11)

It looks like not all the Realtrack sets have been installed.

Try the following...

Don't install using the missing Realtracks using Download/Install Manager. I think it's time to see if manually installing the sets will do the job.

See the image below

1. log-in into your Sales Account at PG Music - this is accessed on PG Music's home webpage (#1 on image)

2. click on "My Products" (#2)

3. scroll down a bit and you should find all the exe files for your purchases

4. right-click on one of the missing set's 'download' link and select "Save link as" (or equivalent) to download the exe (#4)

5. when the file is downloaded, double-click on it to install it manually (they are large files so they will take time to download)

Out of curiosity... What antivirus software do you use? I'm sitting here wondering if maybe that's interfering with the installation (it sometimes happens).

Regards,
Noel

sales account downloads.JPG (76.32 KB, 51 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
I agree with Noel's advice, as I have done the same on several occasions when it seems I've "lost" some BIAB/RealBand content on my computer. And so far, that has solved it.

At the end, I also re-run the most recent program update after installing individual files to fully make sure everything is up to date.

Also, if you happen to pull any files from a previous version (pre-2018), you will also need to run the "clean-up" utility to move everything to the new 2018 locations.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
John and Noel (and all others who responded),

I only used Download manager for one file (RealTracks294-300). It downloaded ok, and seemed to install (i.e.,claimed to install) but would revert back as if it did not. So, I took the long road and downloaded each set group that was relevant. After installing all the sets that had 1 or more RTs (in some cases all) missing I would run StylePicker between each download and install to check the results. Currently, I am no longer missing any RTs. Maybe I'll make a suggestion to PG to split the Set groups into individual sets (there were some cases I only needed a few out of one set). In those cases, the download would likely have been much smaller. I suspect either one or more of the upgrades caused the missing RTs (since I've always kept the default locations) and I haven't moved anything around. (NOTE: I have all the Hard BBW hard drives/ Extras DVDs, but did not want to do regressive re-installs back to 2016.

Thanks again for everyone's input and suggestions.

Rich

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195