Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#459796 - 03/01/18 09:41 AM [User Showcase] Gotta Walk The Foot Log
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Hello Friends,
Long time since I posted a new song. This is a little bluegrass with washboard ditty that I wrote for fun. The inspiration came from thinking about a friend's log cabin that was built by her great grandparents. The cabin sits on a hill overlooking a creek which has a foot log to get across it. I hope you enjoy. Thanks for listening.
Josie

GOTTA WALK THE FOOT LOG

Gotta Walk The Foot Log ©2/10/2018 Josie Beck ASCAP

Grady built a cabin way back in the holler
Spends his evenings picking banjo and taking a few swallers
You can see the creek from the big front porch
that was a present for his bride
Folks say he went bat crazy when the fever took her life

You gotta walk the foot log if you wanna cross the creek
That old log gets mighty slippery and the water's cold and deep
Ain't no way around it. Go steady on your feet.

Grady raised a daughter with red hair just like her Ma
Before he'll let you court her you have to go meet her Pa
He'll be picking banjo on the porch
with his shotgun and his jug
If you cross that old creek twice high and dry
More power to you son.

That old log gets mighty slippery and the water's cold and deep
Ain't no way around it. Go steady on your feet.

The Doc Bluegrass style RT's were used with the addition of the new washboard.

This song was put together with BIAB and Realband. Mixing and final editing were done in Reaper where the lead vocal and background vocals were recorded.

#459809 - 03/01/18 10:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
The inspiration behind this song is really cool yet simple, and I really like the washboard ditty you utilized in your song. Thanks for sharing!

#459812 - 03/01/18 11:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Toe-tappingly good Josie.

The harmonies are sensational. Lyrically this is outstanding. Actually, everything is outstanding.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#459830 - 03/01/18 01:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Ember - PG Music]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
The inspiration behind this song is really cool yet simple, and I really like the washboard ditty you utilized in your song. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for listening and commenting Ember. Hey once I saw that washboard on the list - I couldn't help myself. grin

#459832 - 03/01/18 01:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand

Hi Josie.

Good to hear from you again!
The lyrics are great, nice laidback vocal and very appropriate backing.
Loved it all.

Cheers.

#459835 - 03/01/18 01:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: VideoTrack]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Toe-tappingly good Josie.

The harmonies are sensational. Lyrically this is outstanding. Actually, everything is outstanding.

Thank you! After ten years on here, one would think I'd have nerves of steel but it's scary posting when it's been months since I've been on here with a new one. I hope to be back here more often this year God willing.

I'm so happy you like it!

#459837 - 03/01/18 02:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: RichMac]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: RichMac

Hi Josie.

Good to hear from you again!
The lyrics are great, nice laidback vocal and very appropriate backing.
Loved it all.

Cheers.

I feel like Minnie Pearl. I'm just so proud to be here with a new song.
Thank you so much Rich!

#459839 - 03/01/18 02:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Josie

Wonderful song - excellent vocals & harmonies, loved the lyric and the chorus is brilliant.

Peter

#459869 - 03/01/18 04:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Hey Josie,

This is great! Love everything about it - perfect vocal and mix.

It's so good to hear you again. smile

Bob

#459877 - 03/01/18 05:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: PeterF]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Josie

Wonderful song - excellent vocals & harmonies, loved the lyric and the chorus is brilliant.

Peter

Thank you Peter! Chorus came first, then after getting that ironed out the verses took a few rewrites. I picked up Waves vocal rider on sale for really cheap a few months ago so I finally had a chance to try it. It's so cool watching it "ride" the music with the lead vocal just like an engineer would. Not a new plug but new to me. I love doing harmonies - it's the most fun part of any of my projects.

Thank you again.

#459927 - 03/02/18 04:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Josie, I have missed you and am thrilled to see you back. Love the song and the vocals. I've walked more than a few foot logs myself. I also use the vocal rider on all my vocals. After your 10 years here I do believe your vocals keep getting better. Best to you, Tom

#459958 - 03/02/18 07:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
Deryk - PG Music Online   content
PG Music Staff

Awesome work here, Sundance! I enjoyed everything about this one - the vocal performance is excellent, the arrangement is superb, and it's very catchy. Just a well written song, through and through. Not to mention - that groove got my foot tapping in about 10 seconds! I can imagine this sounding unreal in a live setting, and packing the dancefloor in no time.

Great job and thanks for sharing smile

#459966 - 03/02/18 08:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
Samuel Davis Online   content
Journeyman

Nice tune. This is very well put together. Love your choice of instrumentation. Very Appalachian sounding.

www.sammycountry.com

#459983 - 03/02/18 09:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

great work Josie love the vocal perfect thanks for sharing eric

#459992 - 03/02/18 10:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Josie,

A cute idea for a song that you turned into a great story.
Your vocal ( and harmonies) sounds so comfortable and relaxed and the production ticks all the boxes.
Love that washboard!
I hope you`ll be bringing us more like this.

Robert

#460031 - 03/02/18 02:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Great story song. Love the harmonies and the vocal brake down in the second verse. Great arranging there.

much enjoyed!

#460067 - 03/02/18 06:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Loved this song Josie. Brought memories of Loretta Lynn and Dolly Parton. Super vocal and lyric.

#460075 - 03/02/18 07:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: rsdean]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Hey Josie,

This is great! Love everything about it - perfect vocal and mix.

It's so good to hear you again. smile

Bob

Hey Bob! Thank you! As an old partner in rhyme of mine used to say "onward and upward". grin I sure hope so.

#460079 - 03/02/18 08:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: tommyad]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Josie, I have missed you and am thrilled to see you back. Love the song and the vocals. I've walked more than a few foot logs myself. I also use the vocal rider on all my vocals. After your 10 years here I do believe your vocals keep getting better. Best to you, Tom

Tommy, Thank you. I am thrilled that you are thrilled because you are one of my favorite writers and producers here.

Hard to believe it's been a decade - yikes it went by fast. When I signed up I was too chicken to show my face or say my real name. It was my first music forum and I didn't want the 99% male population here then to know I was a female until they got to know me. I was so rusty and so ignorant. I knew zero about computer music production but I loved BIAB and I wanted to learn. It's been an interesting trip interacting with all the wonderfully talented and helpful people who've come and gone since I joined. I'm thankful to still be here.

#460092 - 03/02/18 11:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
What a fun tune! It sounded great through my phone's speaker, which is a sign of a great mix.

I was hoping that you'd include a verse where Pa takes potshots at the suiter's feet as they try to cross the creek. wink

I enjoyed the listen!

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#460103 - 03/03/18 12:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Josie

Super vocals and harmonies!
Your vocal is perfect. Really comfortable.
As trevor said, toe-tappingly good!
As Robert said, I also hope you'll be bringing us more like this.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#460231 - 03/03/18 01:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Josie,

Good to have you back with such a subtle and groovy folk song.
Vocals are emotive, bright and sparkly as always.
Very good work.

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#460298 - 03/04/18 01:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
jannesan Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Finland
Very nice catchy folky song with great vocals and harmonies. And those fiddles really make the sun shine smile

Janne

#460306 - 03/04/18 02:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
What a great tune. Very true to the genre and everything is spot on. I'm glad to see you posting again and listening to your song first thing this morning is a wonderful way to start the day.

#460329 - 03/04/18 04:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
Josie, I loved everything about this one! Vocals/harmony are great! Your mix is excellent and you did a very good job with the instrumentation! Thanks, Torrey

#460331 - 03/04/18 04:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Great to hear you again Josie. As you know we come from a long bluegrass background so this is right in our wheelhouse. Janice mentioned that the feel is a lot like The Marshall Family that we used to listen to many years ago. A very similar vocal style - nice and flowing. Your use of those RTs shows a genuine appreciation for the nuances of arranging and mixing a bluegrass based tune.

The imagery rich lyric was terrific and we really liked the stopped vocal section.

Well done!!

J&B

PS There was a foot log on our family farm to get to the best fishing spot.
J&B Website

#460364 - 03/04/18 07:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Awesome work here, Sundance! I enjoyed everything about this one - the vocal performance is excellent, the arrangement is superb, and it's very catchy. Just a well written song, through and through. Not to mention - that groove got my foot tapping in about 10 seconds! I can imagine this sounding unreal in a live setting, and packing the dancefloor in no time.

Great job and thanks for sharing smile

Thank you very much Deryk!

#460365 - 03/04/18 07:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Samuel Davis]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Samuel Davis
Nice tune. This is very well put together. Love your choice of instrumentation. Very Appalachian sounding.

Thank you Samuel!

#460366 - 03/04/18 07:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: F.M.M.]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
great work Josie love the vocal perfect thanks for sharing eric

Thank you Eric!

#460367 - 03/04/18 07:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Robertkc]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Josie,

A cute idea for a song that you turned into a great story.
Your vocal ( and harmonies) sounds so comfortable and relaxed and the production ticks all the boxes.
Love that washboard!
I hope you`ll be bringing us more like this.

Robert

Thank you Robert!

#460368 - 03/04/18 07:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: gruverider]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: gruverider
Great story song. Love the harmonies and the vocal brake down in the second verse. Great arranging there.

much enjoyed!

Thank you Lawrence!

#460586 - 03/05/18 06:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Josie, Your chorus works well with the bluegrass sound/instruments. The holler/swallers rhyme is clever.

#460590 - 03/05/18 07:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Josie,

I love everything about this!

Great arrangement, singing, production, lyrics and vocals.

Love it! A classic.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#461225 - 03/08/18 06:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Scott C]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved this song Josie. Brought memories of Loretta Lynn and Dolly Parton. Super vocal and lyric.

Thank you Scott!

#461228 - 03/08/18 06:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: dcuny]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dcuny
What a fun tune! It sounded great through my phone's speaker, which is a sign of a great mix.

I was hoping that you'd include a verse where Pa takes potshots at the suiter's feet as they try to cross the creek. wink

I enjoyed the listen!

Thank you David! Maybe I'll do the sequel one of these days.

#461229 - 03/08/18 06:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: animarorecords]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Josie

Super vocals and harmonies!
Your vocal is perfect. Really comfortable.
As trevor said, toe-tappingly good!
As Robert said, I also hope you'll be bringing us more like this.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thank you Shigeki!

#461230 - 03/08/18 06:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: RnAM]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Josie,

Good to have you back with such a subtle and groovy folk song.
Vocals are emotive, bright and sparkly as always.
Very good work.

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thank you Rob and Anne-Marie!

#461231 - 03/08/18 06:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
What a great tune. Very true to the genre and everything is spot on. I'm glad to see you posting again and listening to your song first thing this morning is a wonderful way to start the day.

Thank you Charlie!

#461535 - 03/10/18 07:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: jannesan]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Very nice catchy folky song with great vocals and harmonies. And those fiddles really make the sun shine smile

Janne

Thank you Janne, I really appreciate it!

#461680 - 03/11/18 05:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Good to hear from you again Sundance!! I heard this earlier on Soundcloud. It is really fun and creative.....a real true country feel! Vocal and mix are top notch!! Keep posting (miss you)!! Take care. Greg

#461734 - 03/12/18 12:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Josie,

It's really great to see you posting a song again! I've definitely missed having you around smile

I really enjoyed this. I'd love to be able think of some of the lyrics that seem to come so effortlessly to you. Try as I might, though, they never seem to pop into my head. You're a very talented songwriter!

I'm looking forward to more smile

All the best,
Noel

#461808 - 03/12/18 12:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi Josie,

Yes, it's REALLY good to see you posting songs again. Not been here much myself, since
the new year, but didn't want to miss your return.

This is absolutely brilliant, both in it's concept and it's execution. I smiled all
the way through. (Twice.)

A perfect backing track and wonderful vocals, with harmonies which are just inspired.

It's great to have you back and I'm looking forward to more songs from you this year.

Cheers, ROG.

#462031 - 03/13/18 07:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Josie, I loved everything about this one! Vocals/harmony are great! Your mix is excellent and you did a very good job with the instrumentation! Thanks, Torrey

Thank you Torrey! Your heaven sent encouragement was right on time.

#462032 - 03/13/18 07:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Janice & Bud]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Great to hear you again Josie. As you know we come from a long bluegrass background so this is right in our wheelhouse. Janice mentioned that the feel is a lot like The Marshall Family that we used to listen to many years ago. A very similar vocal style - nice and flowing. Your use of those RTs shows a genuine appreciation for the nuances of arranging and mixing a bluegrass based tune.

The imagery rich lyric was terrific and we really liked the stopped vocal section.

Well done!!

J&B

PS There was a foot log on our family farm to get to the best fishing spot.

Thank you Janice and Bud! I appreciate that alot.

#462033 - 03/13/18 07:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: floyd jane]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Josie, Your chorus works well with the bluegrass sound/instruments. The holler/swallers rhyme is clever.

Thank you FJ!

#462034 - 03/13/18 07:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: David Snyder]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Josie,

I love everything about this!

Great arrangement, singing, production, lyrics and vocals.

Love it! A classic.

Thank you David!

#462035 - 03/13/18 07:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Greg Johnson]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Good to hear from you again Sundance!! I heard this earlier on Soundcloud. It is really fun and creative.....a real true country feel! Vocal and mix are top notch!! Keep posting (miss you)!! Take care. Greg

Thank you Greg! You too!

#462037 - 03/13/18 07:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Noel96]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Josie,

It's really great to see you posting a song again! I've definitely missed having you around smile

I really enjoyed this. I'd love to be able think of some of the lyrics that seem to come so effortlessly to you. Try as I might, though, they never seem to pop into my head. You're a very talented songwriter!

I'm looking forward to more smile

All the best,
Noel

Thank you Noel! Hugs!

#462038 - 03/13/18 08:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: ROG]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Josie,

Yes, it's REALLY good to see you posting songs again. Not been here much myself, since
the new year, but didn't want to miss your return.

This is absolutely brilliant, both in it's concept and it's execution. I smiled all
the way through. (Twice.)

A perfect backing track and wonderful vocals, with harmonies which are just inspired.

It's great to have you back and I'm looking forward to more songs from you this year.

Cheers, ROG.

Thank you ROG! You too!

#463354 - 03/21/18 12:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
Curt Young Offline
Apprentice

Josie,

I've been wanting to comment on this, and have neglected in doing so.

This is a very enjoyable listen... I'm a huge fan of story songs, anyway. This a well-crafted work, all the way around.

#463385 - 03/21/18 02:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Sundance]
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Good one Josie smile. Rob

#464439 - 03/27/18 07:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Curt Young]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Curt Young
Josie,

I've been wanting to comment on this, and have neglected in doing so.

This is a very enjoyable listen... I'm a huge fan of story songs, anyway. This a well-crafted work, all the way around.

Curt! Wonderful to hear from you. Thank you so much.

#464441 - 03/27/18 07:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gotta Walk The Foot Log [Re: Rob4580]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Good one Josie smile. Rob

Thank you Rob. I appreciate that very much.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
RealTracks Patch Update for Windows Users

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest RealTracks update patch (519) here.

This patch includes some RealTracks audio updates we have made since the release of Band-in-a-Box 2018. 2018 users should be sure to download the latest Band-in-a-Box 2018 update patch (519), as that patch includes the bulk of the fixes for RealTracks released with 2018. This is a larger download than typical because it updates the Vocal Oohs and Aahs RealTracks audio files. There is more information and Audiophile patches available here.

Summary of RealTracks Audio updates:
Improved: There were small issues with the tuning of several Bass styles. This has been fixed for both the original mix and the direct input mix. This affects the following RealTracks:
- Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow16thsByron Ev16 060
- Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow128Byron Sw 040
- Bass, Acoustic, RockabillySwingByron Sw 190
- Bass, Acoustic, BluesyPopByron Ev 100
Improved: Audio glitches have been removed from the ends of phrases in the Vocal Oohs and Aahs RealTracks.

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows Patch Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest (free) update patch (519) here.

Summary of changes:
Added: Additional dialog available for detailed information in the StyleMaker (fields for memo, examples, and other parameters). These are set in the StyleMaker (more dialog, a button called "Style Memos etc").
Added: Help Video button Added to the Audio Harmony dialog.
Improved: ABC opening improvements with some accidentals, and leadin bars that occur in middle of song.
Improved: Audio harmonies now used Improved algorithms, and can be easily set using N voices above, M voices below (and have additional functions like duplicate melody, and dup. melody octave below).
Improved: Lyrics will be now read from .mid files that used to be karaoke files (.kar) and got renamed somewhere along the line.
Improved: Support for RealTracks that should be transposed only lower (ie heavy metal guitars) and for future Improved metal guitar comping.
Improved: The Audio Harmony Dialog has been rearranged to be more intuitive when using Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Fixed: Audio harmonies might be missing some notes.
Fixed: Audio harmonies would be generated with the wrong notes if selecting a range of audio in the middle of the track.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash on bootup with error "Read Beyond end of file".
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box should show message if the latest VJT application is not installed when the user tries to render videos.
Fixed: File > Open Special > Open Audio was importing audio instead of opening it in a new song.
Fixed: In the Bar Settings window, "Chordsheet and Notation - Start a New Line" should say "Notation - Start a New Line".
Fixed: It was not possible to record audio using WAS audio drivers if "Output always on" was disabled.
Fixed: Misc. RealTracks updates.
Fixed: Quicklist drums picker sometimes showing too many drums in the list.
Fixed: Redundant flash messages were showing.
Fixed: Removing a custom drums from a track would still display Drums as the name of the loop in the track.
Fixed: Rendering audio while there is a region of bars highlighted in the chord sheet might cause a crash.
Fixed: Saving a MIDI file would fail unless saving as type 1.
Fixed: Some 12-key RealTracks were incorrectly set to allow transposition.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog needed some hints.
Fixed: The Audio Harmony dialog was missing the new Band-in-a-Box Intelligent Mode.
Fixed: The VJT application should print out its version number in log files.

Tutorials - How to Install Your Band-in-a-Box® for Mac Hard Drive

When you have your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac UltraPAK shipped to you on a portable hard drive, there are a few different options for installation. We go over these 3 options with our latest video series:

Option 1: Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only: click here to view.

Option 2: Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive, but leave the RealTracks & RealDrums on the USB hard drive: click here to view.

Option 3: Install Band-in-a-Box® and the RealTracks & RealDrums on your computer hard drive: click here to view.

Check out all our Band-in-a-Box for Mac videos here.

Video - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Have you purchased your Band-in-a-Box® package, and want to make sure you're downloading and installing the RealTracks Sets correctly?

Well, we've created just the tutorial video you're looking for! Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets.

Video link:
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=QndXu8H_IwM

Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Forum Stats
27630 Members
50 Forums
52253 Topics
432535 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
lauzah, soucychapiro, RMF ENT Music, rH7yB6bGKL, VTR8ve0Hhj

27629 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 197