Topic Options
Index
#460247 - 03/03/18 02:22 PM [User Showcase] It's getting away from you
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Our second post of 2018 is:

It's getting away from you

I created the music about a year ago. It took me quite a while to come up with a vocal and lyric for this.
Check out Anne-Marie's voice oohs coming in at 1.35 and the Zane Carney realtrack coming in at 1.50!

Rob

Specifics:

Style is _JPDISCO.STY (J-Pop Disco )
1759:Bass, Electric, Pop16ths Ev 085
2275:Synth, Rhythm DiscoElPianoA-B Ev 120
2281:Synth, Rhythm DiscoSynthGuitDelayA-B Ev 120
2273:Synth, Rhythm DiscoDigiBell Ev 120
680:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RockBritSoulful Ev 085
1256:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopShiningGritty Ev 120
RealDrums: Soul70sEv16^1-a:ClsdHHtSn, b:BusyBss
Lead Guitar: Me (Squier Affinity Strat)

Lyrics:

It's a strange and sweet delight
I saw you craving for that fame
It's the loneliness that drives you
It's the hurt from deep within
But you burning all your bridges on your way

Oh you lied to me
Just when you ran to me
You thought I was a breeze just given me that look
As of now you're just one step from your goal

You'd call my name
You'd wonder where you'll be, you said
If it weren't for you, I won't get very far
But just be careful now, it's getting away from you

Never in it for the love
Never in it for how hard I fell for you
It was no more than one step on your way

Dear you lied to me
And why'd I let that be
You thought I was a breeze just given me that look
Yes you must have been one step from your goal

You'd call my name
You'd wonder where you'll be, you said
If it weren't for you, I won't get very far
And let me tell you now, it's getting away from you

You will call my name you will wonder where I'll be
You said, if it weren't for you I won't get very far
But let me tell you now, it's getting away from you

When you falter and when you finally fall
Just look up and see I won't be very far
Just remember well
I moving away from you

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#460282 - 03/03/18 09:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Rob

Impeccable production,your usual superb vocals and arrangement and some very nice guitar playing.

Peter

#460294 - 03/04/18 12:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
Very nice peacefully flowing tune, some 80's soft rock vibes, I like the passage just before the chorus. Good arrangement and mix, and vocals are great as always.

Janne

#460313 - 03/04/18 03:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Great intro! Love your vocals, such great tone, and nice to hear you play some guitar too!

Totally pro job on the mix. Really good, Rob, enjoyed the listen!

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Youtube page

#460314 - 03/04/18 03:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Classic RnAM. This is so good on every level. The BGV's and guitar are awesome and your vocals are spot on. Great mix and arrangement. Enjoyed this one a lot.

#460333 - 03/04/18 04:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Rob, That lead guitar you played was a great addition to this well put together song. You should do that more often. Great vocals and a spot on mix. Super hook line. The rhythm of the words flows so well. Enjoyed it a lot, Tom

#460391 - 03/04/18 11:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Rob & Anne-Marie,
There`s always a professional shine to your music and this is another fine production (cool to hear you play lead guitar!).
For me its your emotive vocal that`s takes this above the crowd - very well done.

Robert

#460406 - 03/04/18 12:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Rob and Anne-Marie,

You always deliver quality material.

This is no exception. First class, all the way.

BIAB, RB 2018(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Izotope Prod. Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M Studio Monitors, Pioneer Active Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#460452 - 03/04/18 01:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
This song feels so melancholic. This was a really lovely piece. This song has such a professional quality to it. I could definitely imagine it playing on the radio in the late 80s or the 90s. Really fantastic job here.

#460480 - 03/04/18 04:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
LPman Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Montréal Quebec Canada
Hi RnAM

Outstanding, your voice sounds like "Rocky" Eye of the tiger. Well structured song... very professional. Well done!

#460511 - 03/04/18 09:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Hi Ron & Anne-Marie,

Excellent! This has such a professional sound. the mix is wonderful and your vocal shines. Anne-Marie's harmony is a perfect blend with your lead vocal. o nice to hear you on guitar - sounded great!

Super song and listen. Great!

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#460587 - 03/05/18 06:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Rob & Anne-Marie,

A great listen - as always. Terrific vocals.

Cool opening. Nice guitar work!

Enjoyed.

fj

#460593 - 03/05/18 07:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
cliftond Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Alabama
enjoyed the song excellent lyrics, vocal and production!!

#460617 - 03/05/18 08:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - what a tune! Your vocal performance here is truly outstanding. I can't get over how professionally done this sounds. I wouldn't bat an eyelash hearing this on the radio, not one bit.

You did a truly great job here - thanks so much for sharing smile

#460679 - 03/05/18 01:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Hi guys. Your tracks always have such a professional polish and character.
Good story line. I really enjoyed the bridge. Thanks for listing.
Rob

#460723 - 03/05/18 06:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Just loved your vocal Rob and excellent harmonies. Very cool lyric and back track. Well done

#460803 - 03/06/18 07:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

This sounds really great! Wonderful arrangement and sound. Excellent mix and vocals.

Beautiful instrumentation. Great job y'all.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#460809 - 03/06/18 07:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
The write and vocals/guitar performances are outstanding.

The soundstage is amazing on our monitors.

Everything has it's little niche but nothing sounds isolated either. The sweet spot.

This is a classy production from a class act. You two have a level of consistency that very few can claim.

Enjoyed it!!!

J&B
J&B Website

#460939 - 03/06/18 07:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: PeterF]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Rob

Impeccable production,your usual superb vocals and arrangement and some very nice guitar playing.

Peter

Thanks Peter, appreciated. Yes I tried my best on the solo ;-)\

Rob

YouTube Channel

#461062 - 03/07/18 10:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
animarorecords Online   content
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Rob & Anne-Marie

Very nice intro.!
This tune has the perfume of 80's European Rock.
As Rob4580 said, your tracks always have such a professional polish and character.
Great vocals as always.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#461222 - 03/08/18 06:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Wonderful sounding production!
My Videos

#461265 - 03/09/18 01:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Rob & Anne-Marie,

Another outstanding production! Great work on this - the vocals are really superb.

Bob

#461326 - 03/09/18 10:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
kybordr Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Livermore, CA, USA
Echo all the above. So well engineered, everything in perfect balance, very professional. Kudos!!

#461342 - 03/09/18 11:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
As others have said, an amazing production, impeccable mix, great solo and compelling vocal. From the start, I had a vision of someone dropping the needle on a new record they had found, saying Check out what I just found! as 80's goodness pumped through the speakers.

And d*** it - no one can come close to emoting a lyric like you.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#461523 - 03/10/18 05:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Thank you Janne, Dave, Charlie, Tommy, Robert, Trevor, Ember, LPman, Al, Floyd, Clifton, Deryk, Rob, Scott, David, J & B, Shigeki, Josie, Bob, Kybordr, and David C !

Your comments are really appreciated!

Rob

YouTube Channel

#461640 - 03/11/18 02:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Great sound and song. Nice to hear you playing guitar too.

much enjoyed!

#461653 - 03/11/18 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Wow. What a great song and performance
I loved it

#461700 - 03/11/18 06:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: It's getting away from you [Re: RnAM]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Great tune with top quality production!! Great arrangement and mix with some wonderful vocals! Great stuff guys!! Take care. Greg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
National One-Hit Wonder Day!

Today is NATIONAL ONE-HIT WONDER DAY!

Have you ever created a "one-hit wonder" (that you'll admit to)? Post it to this thread - we'd love to hear it!

Complete RealBand 2018 Users Guide - Interactive Online Version Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page, and you'll find our latest addition - the online manual for the RealBand 2018 for Windows User's Guide!

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/rb2018full/index.htm

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this User's Guide can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video - Endorsing Artist Steve Wallace

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video from endorsing artist Steve Wallace!
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=6QcPF5cQjKw

"With the vast array of RealTracks and styles offered, Band-in-a-Box is a phenomenal program that can help any musician and composer hone their skills."
-Steve Wallace

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Forum Stats
27994 Members
57 Forums
54098 Topics
446299 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
nitz, smokinhalfnote, snenamor, yes daddy music, grivers

27993 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 499
David Snyder 181