Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#460276 - 03/03/18 06:56 PM [User Showcase] Easy Ramblin' Man (A Bluegrass Banjo Tune)
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina

Easy Ramblin' Man

Instrumental ( A Bluegrass Banjo Tune)

I hope you enjoy this short contemporary bluegrass banjo tune.

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Easy Ramblin' Man
Key=G , Tempo 120, Length (m:s)=1:53
No intro. 21bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 21Repeat x3 choruses
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _BGM_BNJ.STY (Easy Bluegrass w/ Banjo)

RealTracks in style: ~592:Bass, Acoustic Bluegrass Doc Ev 100
RealTracks in style: ~598:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Bluegrass Doc Ev 100
RealTracks in style: ~591:Banjo, Bluegrass Doc Ev 100 (Soloist)
RealTracks in style: ~599:Mandolin, Rhythm Bluegrass Doc Ev 100
MIDI Drums :1 Standard Drum Kit (1)

#460289 - 03/03/18 10:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Easy Ramblin' Man (A Bluegrass Banjo Tune) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Charlie,

This was a real pleasure to listen to. The mix sounded perfect! You had my feet tapping along smile

All the best,
Noel

#460319 - 03/04/18 03:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Easy Ramblin' Man (A Bluegrass Banjo Tune) [Re: Noel96]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Thanks Noel. I appreciate you taking time to listen and comment.

#460334 - 03/04/18 04:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Easy Ramblin' Man (A Bluegrass Banjo Tune) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Charlie, Great idea to use the 6th chords. Not usually heard in banjo music. Captures the ear and it works to perfection to set up the following chord choices. This is a very unique sounding piece of Bluegrass. ( not so easy to do ) Tom

#460443 - 03/04/18 01:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Easy Ramblin' Man (A Bluegrass Banjo Tune) [Re: tommyad]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Charlie, Great idea to use the 6th chords. Not usually heard in banjo music. Captures the ear and it works to perfection to set up the following chord choices. This is a very unique sounding piece of Bluegrass. ( not so easy to do ) Tom

Thanks. Yes, I stumbled upon the sound and couldn't resist putting something together. Glad you enjoyed it.

#460447 - 03/04/18 01:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: Easy Ramblin' Man (A Bluegrass Banjo Tune) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Ember - PG Music Online   content
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
I actually really like the sound the banjo produces. I don't know what it is about it, but the banjo is just so unique sounding. I think you really utilized the banjo sound really well here!

#460550 - 03/05/18 03:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Easy Ramblin' Man (A Bluegrass Banjo Tune) [Re: Ember - PG Music]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
I actually really like the sound the banjo produces. I don't know what it is about it, but the banjo is just so unique sounding. I think you really utilized the banjo sound really well here!

I agree. Thanks for listening and commenting.

#460552 - 03/05/18 03:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Easy Ramblin' Man (A Bluegrass Banjo Tune) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Excellent composition! I love that little banjo line that repeats the two chord sequence, reminds me a bit of Tin Man. Makes the song unique and interesting.

Good stuff, Charlie!

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Youtube page

#460568 - 03/05/18 05:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Easy Ramblin' Man (A Bluegrass Banjo Tune) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Hi Charlie,

Great tune and performance. This is some real sweet Bluegrass. This is one of the most original banjo sounds I've heard in a very long time - and that you utilized that creativity on a Bluegrass number makes that much more exciting.

Some really nice music here, Charlie. Totally loved it!

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#460595 - 03/05/18 07:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Easy Ramblin' Man (A Bluegrass Banjo Tune) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Well done, Charlie.

Terrific chord progression. John Hartford wrote banjo pieces that included chords not usually found in bluegrass, yet kept it sounding bluegrass. You've done that here...

Really nice.

fj

#460684 - 03/05/18 01:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Easy Ramblin' Man (A Bluegrass Banjo Tune) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Nothing like some Bluegrass to start the day. Thank you. Rob

#460743 - 03/05/18 09:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Easy Ramblin' Man (A Bluegrass Banjo Tune) [Re: Rob4580]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Excellent composition! I love that little banjo line that repeats the two chord sequence, reminds me a bit of Tin Man. Makes the song unique and interesting.

Good stuff, Charlie!

Thanks for having a listen.
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Charlie,

Great tune and performance. This is some real sweet Bluegrass. This is one of the most original banjo sounds I've heard in a very long time - and that you utilized that creativity on a Bluegrass number makes that much more exciting.

Some really nice music here, Charlie. Totally loved it!

Alan

Glad to see you've found some time to visit. Thanks for listening. Hoping Ms. Di is doing well and keeping you all in prayer.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Well done, Charlie.

Terrific chord progression. John Hartford wrote banjo pieces that included chords not usually found in bluegrass, yet kept it sounding bluegrass. You've done that here...

Really nice.

fj

Glad you enjoyed your listen and appreciate you taking time to comment.

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Nothing like some Bluegrass to start the day. Thank you. Rob

I've woken up many days to my parents listening to bluegrass music around the house. Thanks for listening.

#460748 - 03/05/18 09:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Easy Ramblin' Man (A Bluegrass Banjo Tune) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
kybordr Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Livermore, CA, USA
This is a really nice piece. I echo the comments above about the unusual (and captivating) sound from the banjo here. (Almost makes me sorry about all those banjo jokes I tell. Almost. :-) )

#460812 - 03/06/18 07:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Easy Ramblin' Man (A Bluegrass Banjo Tune) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Deryk - PG Music Online   content
PG Music Staff

Wow - what a tune! The groove on this is unreal. It has so much energy and charisma to it. I can't help but tap my foot, and envision how incredible this would sound performed in a live setting.

Great work smile Thanks for sharing!

#460816 - 03/06/18 07:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Easy Ramblin' Man (A Bluegrass Banjo Tune) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
As you know the two of us played in bluegrass bands (traditional and progressive) for many years so we are always keen to hear a bluegrass tune on the forum.

The chords definitely took it into the realm of "New Grass." Well done.

Using the mandolin "chops" shows that you have a good feel for the genre.

BTW, Scott Vestal is a fine picker. Used to hear him in a small venue many years ago.

Yep, we like it!!

J&B
J&B Website

#460920 - 03/06/18 04:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Easy Ramblin' Man (A Bluegrass Banjo Tune) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: kybordr
This is a really nice piece. I echo the comments above about the unusual (and captivating) sound from the banjo here. (Almost makes me sorry about all those banjo jokes I tell. Almost. :-) )

Thanks for having a listen. Would have liked to hear one of your jokes.

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - what a tune! The groove on this is unreal. It has so much energy and charisma to it. I can't help but tap my foot, and envision how incredible this would sound performed in a live setting.

Great work smile Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for listening Deryk. I had a picture of a small group out under the trees at a festival in my head as I worked out the tune.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
As you know the two of us played in bluegrass bands (traditional and progressive) for many years so we are always keen to hear a bluegrass tune on the forum.

The chords definitely took it into the realm of "New Grass." Well done.

Using the mandolin "chops" shows that you have a good feel for the genre.

BTW, Scott Vestal is a fine picker. Used to hear him in a small venue many years ago.

Yep, we like it!!

J&B

I thought the title might catch your eye. Glad you enjoyed it.

#460928 - 03/06/18 06:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Easy Ramblin' Man (A Bluegrass Banjo Tune) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Robertkc Offline
Expert

Charlie,
A fine tune that really showcases the style ...and then sends it somewhere new ( glad Tom identified the chords that give this an
original flavour).
Toe tapping but relaxing at the same time.

Robert

#460951 - 03/06/18 09:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Easy Ramblin' Man (A Bluegrass Banjo Tune) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Charlie

A nice listen - very melodic sounding and a complimentary chord progression.
Very enjoyable.
Peter

#461030 - 03/07/18 03:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Easy Ramblin' Man (A Bluegrass Banjo Tune) [Re: PeterF]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Charlie,
A fine tune that really showcases the style ...and then sends it somewhere new ( glad Tom identified the chords that give this an
original flavour).
Toe tapping but relaxing at the same time.

Robert

I appreciate it Robert

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Charlie

A nice listen - very melodic sounding and a complimentary chord progression.
Very enjoyable.
Peter

Thanks for listening Peter

#461063 - 03/07/18 10:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: Easy Ramblin' Man (A Bluegrass Banjo Tune) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Charlie

Yes, this is exactly contemporary bluegrass banjo tune.
The chords, Gmaj7 - Cmaj7 that come out repeatedly is not usually heard in banjo music.
Very unique!
And as Noel said, this was a real pleasure to listen to.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
National One-Hit Wonder Day!

Today is NATIONAL ONE-HIT WONDER DAY!

Have you ever created a "one-hit wonder" (that you'll admit to)? Post it to this thread - we'd love to hear it!

Complete RealBand 2018 Users Guide - Interactive Online Version Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page, and you'll find our latest addition - the online manual for the RealBand 2018 for Windows User's Guide!

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/rb2018full/index.htm

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this User's Guide can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video - Endorsing Artist Steve Wallace

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video from endorsing artist Steve Wallace!
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=6QcPF5cQjKw

"With the vast array of RealTracks and styles offered, Band-in-a-Box is a phenomenal program that can help any musician and composer hone their skills."
-Steve Wallace

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Forum Stats
27992 Members
57 Forums
54093 Topics
446225 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
snenamor, yes daddy music, grivers, mononino, alphanumeric onl

27991 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 499
David Snyder 181