Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#461248 - 03/08/18 07:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Traveller [Re: BlueAttitude]
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Hi

Really enjoyed Chris's lyrics.
Not too simple not too mysterious
Raising questions and setting the atmosphere.
And the cleanness and precision of the lead guitar.
Good listening .
Thumbs up.

Cheers.

#461276 - 03/09/18 05:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Traveller [Re: Al-David]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Dave and Chris,

Such a great tune! Chris' voice and your licks work so great together on this. The guitar playing is first class all the way and those drums - holy smoke - they sell this one.

What a great listen! I don't get a chance to listen or post very often these days so, I'm delighted I got to hear this one. So sweet in every way!

Alan

Alan, I know how busy you have been the last few weeks so thanks for taking the time to listen and comment on our song, I appreciate it!

Blue Attitude: Homepage, Youtube page

#461345 - 03/09/18 12:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Traveller [Re: BlueAttitude]
dcuny Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
First thought - someone pays attention to the stereo field. Nice.

Cool Santana sound - evocative. Nice mix - great balance everything sits nicely. Subtle harmonies. Drums sound awesome without overwhelming anything.

Fun listen.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#461392 - 03/09/18 06:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Traveller [Re: Deryk - PG Music]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - you guys really outdid yourselves here! As it has already been mentioned - the guitar work on this tune is seriously next level. Not to mention, that vocal performance is stunning. It has so much character and emotion. You really captured a mood here.

Great work, and thanks so much for sharing smile

Thanks for the listen and comment, I appreciate it!

#461394 - 03/09/18 06:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Traveller [Re: floyd jane]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Dave and Chris, You have created a top shelf song and production here. Very well sung and some of the best guitar playing ever posted on this site. A big round of applause from way down here. Absolutely loved it and worth many listens, Tom

When I saw that from Tom, I knew this was gonna be special.

Indeed.

Y'all just keep steppin' it up.

Super guitar. Digging that percussion, too...

fj

Thanks, Floyd smile

I have a new mix up now, still not 100% happy with it, but it’s getting close I think.

#461422 - 03/10/18 03:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Traveller [Re: Scott C]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Samuel Davis
Nice tune. Has a great groove with a nice bluesy sound. Some of the instrumental parts sound a lot like Santana to me. Nice job on this.

Thanks, Samuel!

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Powerful track. The guitar work really stands out on this.
Top marks for production. Rob

Thanks for the listen and comment, Rob, I appreciate it!

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Dave & Chris

Yep - that was professional in every aspect. Magnificent playing - really loved the intro, wonderful vocal and beautifully arranged.
Great song.

Peter

Thanks very much, Peter! Still not 100% happy with it, I think I've remixed it six or seven times since the original upload. But, getting close now I think.

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Another awesome tune Dave. You and Chris are sure putting out some awesome music. And your guitar playing wow. You sure have your sound dialed in. Well done...

Thanks, Scott! I'm always messing around trying new things on the guitar tracks, sort of a holy grail thing I guess.

#461425 - 03/10/18 05:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Traveller [Re: BlueAttitude]
LPman Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Montréal Quebec Canada
Hi BlueAttitude,
The song feels right, spaces to hear and think, and feel an artist is important. Good production. l like your work! Gives life meaning

#461426 - 03/10/18 05:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Traveller [Re: BlueAttitude]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Dave / Chris,

Wow! Outstanding! Another tremendous song and performance. Killer solo Dave!

Loved it!

Bob

#461559 - 03/11/18 03:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Traveller [Re: kybordr]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: kybordr
Niiiice!! Great rock blues vibe. "Here, here" to the comments above about the production, guitar work and vocals. I hope some day to be able to produce something like this.

Thanks so much! The production side of things mostly takes practice, the more you do it the better you get. And this forum has helped a lot, there are some real pro level mixers here and most are happy to offer advice if you ask.

#461560 - 03/11/18 03:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Traveller [Re: Janice & Bud]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Dang man, we need a step ladder to just try and reach that bar you keep moving up.

It didn't take long for forum members to drop all the well deserved superlatives.

Tweak away....but we assuredly do not have any nits.

This is one of those where after the last note we just look at each other and go WOW!

The percussion, guitar and vocal performance are amongst the very best we've heard here.

Just love the way your guitar and the vocals sit in the mix. Right in the sweet spot.

Great!

J&B

Thanks, Bud!

I'm still tweaking actually, but it is almost where it needs to be I think.

#461561 - 03/11/18 03:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Traveller [Re: RichMac]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Hi

Really enjoyed Chris's lyrics.
Not too simple not too mysterious
Raising questions and setting the atmosphere.
And the cleanness and precision of the lead guitar.
Good listening .
Thumbs up.

Cheers.

Thanks for the listen and comment, Mac!

#461562 - 03/11/18 03:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Traveller [Re: dcuny]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: dcuny
First thought - someone pays attention to the stereo field. Nice.

Cool Santana sound - evocative. Nice mix - great balance everything sits nicely. Subtle harmonies. Drums sound awesome without overwhelming anything.

Fun listen.

Thanks very much, David!

#461592 - 03/11/18 09:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Traveller [Re: BlueAttitude]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Dang man, we need a step ladder to just try and reach that bar you keep moving up.

It didn't take long for forum members to drop all the well deserved superlatives.

This is one of those where after the last note we just look at each other and go WOW!

The percussion, guitar and vocal performance are amongst the very best we've heard here.

Just love the way your guitar and the vocals sit in the mix. Right in the sweet spot.

Great!

J&B

Thanks, Bud!

It's never finished...only abandoned at some point smile
J&B Website

#461668 - 03/11/18 04:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Traveller [Re: LPman]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: LPman
Hi BlueAttitude,
The song feels right, spaces to hear and think, and feel an artist is important. Good production. l like your work! Gives life meaning

Thanks LPman!

#461743 - 03/12/18 02:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Traveller [Re: rsdean]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Dave / Chris,

Wow! Outstanding! Another tremendous song and performance. Killer solo Dave!

Loved it!

Bob

Thanks very much, Bob! smile

#461744 - 03/12/18 02:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Traveller [Re: Janice & Bud]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude

Thanks, Bud!

It's never finished...only abandoned at some point smile

Yes, you are right about that!

I uploaded my final attempt yesterday. Ended up switching out the drum set, this one sits in the mix better. And changed the panning on the acoustic and a couple other small changes. Time to move on I think smile

#462474 - 03/16/18 11:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Traveller [Re: BlueAttitude]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Great stuff guys!! As Tom said, killer guitar! And nice vocals from Chris! Love them minor blues!! Take care. Greg

#462713 - 03/17/18 09:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Traveller [Re: BlueAttitude]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
Another excellent tune from you folks! I really liked what you did with the drums on this and as usual the guitar is as good as it gets! Thanks, Torrey

#462749 - 03/18/18 06:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Traveller [Re: Greg Johnson]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Great stuff guys!! As Tom said, killer guitar! And nice vocals from Chris! Love them minor blues!! Take care. Greg

Thanks for the listen and comment, Greg!

#462750 - 03/18/18 06:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Traveller [Re: Torrey Bliss]
BlueAttitude Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Another excellent tune from you folks! I really liked what you did with the drums on this and as usual the guitar is as good as it gets! Thanks, Torrey

I appreciate that, Torrey, thanks!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

User Feedback - Run as Administrator

Our Forum is a great resource for all your Band-in-a-Box questions (and a GREAT place to connect with other program users!)

Among the many forums available, we have a User-to-User Tips & Tricks forum - perfect for sharing your own technical tips and tricks for any PG Music product!

Like the recent post by jford: You Should Run BIAB and RealBand As Administrator!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - Over 25 Entries!

We recently launched an Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest with 4 prizes of $150!

So far, there are more than 25 entries! Have a listen to these entries and submit your own song here.

Contest Rules:
-You must own Band-in-a-Box® 2018 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAK 5 packages (Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, MIDI)
-The song you submit must be your own original composition. This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
-Public domain songs will be accepted.
-Multiple entries are permitted.
-Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles 5 Contest" forum, before the deadline. (This contest runs until September 30th)

For complete information on this contest, click here.

Forum Stats
27979 Members
57 Forums
53971 Topics
445771 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
veman, Clair, Ivica Pencic, fuhawa95, Clayton A Baca

27978 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 456
David Snyder 153