You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#460873 - 03/06/18 11:54 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] i3 cpu 4gig ram
beatmaster Offline
Apprentice

Anybody using an i3 cpu,

I am getting a distorted distant sound from my daw, I have changed my soundcard settings but still the same I am using sonar/mixcraft.

both are doing this after I add more than three wav tracks.

I am awaiting delivery of some more memory will this cure the problem or will it be the cpu.

I have bought an imac to downsize my setup.

The imac is loaded with windows 10 no other operating system.

#460878 - 03/06/18 12:17 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: i3 cpu 4gig ram [Re: beatmaster]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
The CPU almost certainly is not a problem. So also the RAM, although my i5 iMac had beach balls after updating to High Sierra until I added 4 GB RAM to make it 8.

Still, I doubt that causes any sound problem.

Can you record the sound and post a snippet of it here?

My first guess is audio buffers. We need to know about your sound card. Can you increase the buffer size if it’s ASIO? Or decrease it?

I have other guesses, but I’ll wait until you give more information.

Edited by Matt Finley (03/06/18 01:28 PM)
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac Pro]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & 6" monitors.

#460880 - 03/06/18 12:33 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: i3 cpu 4gig ram [Re: beatmaster]
beatmaster Offline
Apprentice

Matt I cant record it as the program whites out .

It is an imac although I have windows installed.

Changing buffer up/down makes the program white screen and it then closes.

soundcard is the alesis multimix usb 2.0 fx.

If I record my voice no music/wave files about four fx on the voice it is fine.

As soon as I add a few wave tracks it crackles like a radio station slightly out of tune.

#461010 - 03/07/18 12:23 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: i3 cpu 4gig ram [Re: beatmaster]
beatmaster Offline
Apprentice

Wee update SORTED,..............!!!!!!

#461011 - 03/07/18 12:32 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: i3 cpu 4gig ram [Re: beatmaster]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Wee update SORTED,..............!!!!!!

How? Adding more RAM?
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac Pro]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & 6" monitors.

#461012 - 03/07/18 12:46 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: i3 cpu 4gig ram [Re: beatmaster]
beatmaster Offline
Apprentice

No Matt it was a firmware update for the Alesis Multimix.

That tried me too the limit.

Thanks for your help,

PG Music News
Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Special Pricing Until June 30th!

With the recent Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release, we also released Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends June 30th!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! Learn more.

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 is a HIT!

Since the release Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, we've received some great feedback!

"The added Piano Roll Window is... WONDERFUL!"
"Adding the Piano Roll Window is a BIG DEAL - thanks PG Music!"
"This significantly changes how I will use Band-in-a-Box in the future."
"And yet again you manage to come up with styles and instruments that we absolutely must have!"
"Great to have the Oohs and Ahhs RealTracks!"
"The RealTracks are worth their weight in gold to me. They really are an amazing invention for music creators."
"Just tonight popped together a quick video using one of the new video styles. Must say the whole process worked without a hitch so this really does look like a great new feature. And what a great teaching aid! "
"Such a comprehensive source for music making!"
"THIS IS EXCITING!"
"The new Audio Chord Wizard is my favorite new feature!"
"This should be great for creating backing tracks for covers."
"Oh wow. This has got to be the coolest enhancement in Band-in-a-Box 2018. This is so-o-o powerful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!"
"A brilliant piece of software!"
"What a release!!!"
"THEY DO NO PAY ME BUT if you don't own this you are crazy."
"Been using Band in a Box for years!! Great product for composing. I absolutely love the background vocals in Band-in-a-Box 2018."
"My compliments to the PG Music team who have once again have delivered an incredible collection of new styles and RealTracks to Band-in-a-Box this year!"
"There is still so much to explore and work with!"
"Love the new Video RealTracks!"
"The mixer included into the StylePicker is a great addition."
"Recent retirement and the 2018 version of BIAB is a perfect combination!!"
"The XTRA Styles are fantastic... any future idle music-related minutes I may have had are now totally gone... gonna find that perfect background rhythm on just about every one of my favorites!!!"
"I bought this Band-in-a-Box 2018 and I love it , it is amazing to work with!!!!!"
"...it's educational utility and the potential is awesome!!!"
"I must say, the new harmony options in particular have me chomping at the bit!"
"This will give my students a great overview of what's going on in an arrangement with the different instruments.!!!"
"A musician must have."
"Lovin' the new RealTracks!!!"
"This is amazing software!"
"Thank you for a wonderful tool for both musicians and singers - I can never say enough about this amazingly versatile product!"

Forum Stats
27612 Members
50 Forums
52207 Topics
432071 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Dolph, annzpdas01, drummingsteve, MichLeon, dave1990

27613 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 190
Noel96 166