Print Thread
Go To
Beginners Forum
N
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
N
Would it be possible for someone to suggest some styles for two tunes?

1. Red River Valley
2. Neil Gow's Lament for the Death of his second wife.

Many thanks

Narayano

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Red River Valley you could try:

_FJORDS.STY. Fjords Bouncy Country Shuffle
A bouncy country shuffle with a gritty background pedal steel. Two matching clean electric guitars, electric bass, and shuffle drums complete the band. -Examples: The Bottle Let Me Down
All RealTracks. Quintet. Tempo=110 (95-130)
Instruments: El.Bass, PedalSteel, El.Guitar, El.Guitar, Drums
RD: RockShuffleQuarterKick^01-a:Closed Hat, Snare, b:Open Hat, Snare :Pat Steward
RT1845: Bass, Electric, CountryBoogieA-B Sw 110 , Dave Francis
RT2669: Pedal Steel, Background CountryRockBoogie Sw 110 , Eddy Dunlap
RT1140: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountrySwingCleanHeld Sw 110 , Jason Roller
RT1141: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountrySwingCleanPicked Sw 110 , Jason Roller

_HOPEFUL.STY. Hopeful Songwriter Swing Folk
This swinging songwriter folk RealStyle features two acoustic guitars, electric guitar, acoustic held bass, and brushes. -Examples: The Decemberists
All RealTracks. Quintet. Tempo=110 (95-130)
Instruments: Ac.Bass, El.Guitar, Ac.Guitar, Ac.Guitar, Drums
RD: BRUSHESFOLKSWING: a: Swirl Brushb: Swirl Brush Tap :Vince Ditrich
RT2480: Bass, Acoustic, Held Sw 110 , Craig Nelson
RT1140: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountrySwingCleanHeld Sw 110 , Jason Roller
RT372: Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 120 , Tony King
RT528: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Hank Sw 120 , Jason Roller

_HIDALGO.STY. Hidalgo's Country Swing
Memo: A low-key country style that features a cantering drum and bass rounded out by fingerstyle guitar and harmonica. -Examples: If Tomorrow Never Comes, Once Upon A Time In The West
All RealTracks. Quartet. Tempo=100 (80-140)
Instruments: Ac.Bass, Harmonica, Ac.Guitar, Drums
RD: NashvilleSwing8^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride :Brian Fullen
RT592: Bass, Acoustic Bluegrass Doc Ev 100 , Dow Tomlin
RT2856: Harmonica, Background CountrySlowSwingJellyRoll Sw 085 , Jelly Roll Johnson
RT1678: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CountryBrent Sw 085 , Brent Mason

2. Neil Gow's Lament for the Death of his second wife.

Maybe:
_CELTWLZ.STY. Celtic Waltz Solo Acoustic Guita
Memo: One RealTrack included in this Style (Acoustic Fingerpicking Celtic Slow Waltz), playing with a slow even feel and adding embellishment to most chords. T=90-130 -Examples: Si Bheag Si Mhor
All RealTracks. Solo. Tempo=110 (100-130)
Instruments: Ac.Guitar
RT1815: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CelticSlowWaltz Ev 110 , Quinn Bachand

_ESQUIRE.STY. Esquire Slow Celtic Waltz
Memo: An acoustic ev8 slow waltz style including piano and bass accompanied by some fingerstyle guitar. -Examples: Shannon Waltz, Josefin's Waltz
All RealTracks. Trio. Tempo=90 (75-120)
Instruments: Ac.Bass, Ac.Piano, Ac.Guitar
RT2482: Bass, Acoustic, Bowed Held Ev 085 , Craig Nelson
RT2865: Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CelticSlowWaltzDave Ev 100 , Dave Milligan
RT1815: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CelticSlowWaltz Ev 110 , Quinn Bachand

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Beginners Forum
w Offline
Expert
Expert

Narayano

This is what i use for Red River Valley .

refer 2 screen shot

and still looking in my collection for Neil Gow's Lament for the Death of his second wife

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
screenSHOT 2018-03-03 at 2.24.40 PM.png (48.01 KB, 186 downloads)

Mac Audiophile 2020 2019 2018 2017 USB plus previous years versions

macOS Mojave - 10.14.6 @ Aug 16, 2019

iMac i3 3.6 GHz 8GB RAM 4K with Retina display

some examples @ sound cloud done with Mac Band and DAW's : https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
Beginners Forum
N
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
N
Thank you so much for that. Can I ask how to find a particular style on BIAB? I click on the style picker but it doesn't give me a full list of
of styles.

Thanks again

Narayano

Beginners Forum
N
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
N
Thank you for that. I shall try it as soon as I can work out how to find a particular style. I can't find the answer in the previewing styles video so any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Narayano

Beginners Forum
w Offline
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Narayano
Thank you so much for that. Can I ask how to find a particular style on BIAB? I click on the style picker but it doesn't give me a full list of
of styles.

Thanks again

Narayano

OK, perhaps you should do a rebuild of all the styles your Band has.

When you launch your Band and then style picker do a rebuild:

see screen shot

since i am not sure what OperatingSystem you are using please note that the Window version may look different.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
screenSHOT 2018-03-04 at 9.59.31 AM.png (17.23 KB, 156 downloads)

some examples @ sound cloud done with Mac Band and DAW's : https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Can I ask how to find a particular style on BIAB? I click on the style picker but it doesn't give me a full list of of styles.
Enter the Style Name in the StylePicker. Press Clear first to remove any existing filters. Mouse-click on the style and press OK to load it.

The styles I suggested came from RealTracks:
_FJORDS: 2017/06 XtraPak
_HOPEFUL.STY: 2016/07 XtraPak
_HIDALGO.STY: 2017/11 RT 283
_CELTWLZ.STY: 2012/11 RT 173
_ESQUIRE.STY: 2017/11 RT 285

2018-03-05_06-21-22.jpg (117.73 KB, 152 downloads)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Beginners Forum
N
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
N
When I open StylePicker the current style shown is _SNGWDUO and I then press clear but whatever style I put into stylePicker (-FJORDS, -HOPEFULLY, -HIDALGO, -CELTWLZ, ESQUIRE) The current style (SNGWDUO) doesn't change.

I'd be very grateful for your help.

Narayano

ps I am using BIAB Megapak 2018

Last edited by Narayano; 03/05/18 04:27 AM.
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
I suspect the problem is that you only have the MegaPak, which is exactly the same BIAB application as all the other paks, but differs in the number of RealTrack/RealDrums/RealStyles, and other content that you get. The UltraPak would have all the styles described. Also, be aware that even if you have the style file, you still need the underlying RealTracks to play it as intended.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Beginners Forum
N
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
N
I was beginning to wonder if that was the case so thank you for that John. I'm reluctant to spend $200+ to upgrade to the Ultrapak as only want to use BIAB for backing tracks when I play the chromatic harmonica so I shall persevere with the Styles that I have and sift through to find something that works okay.

Narayano

Beginners Forum
w Offline
Expert
Expert
...only want to use BIAB for backing tracks when I play the chromatic harmonica

you never told us or explained that in your very first post because that brings up a different search to find what you need/want

here is a quick search of styles plus the underlying RealTracks that you may have without you having to purchase more styles/realtracks that may work for creating backing tracks to play your harmonica

meanwhile i'm sure other's reading your new information will have suggestions or answers

screenSHOT 2018-03-05 at 2.47.57 PM.png (189.91 KB, 123 downloads)
Last edited by w; 03/05/18 11:52 AM. Reason: additional comment

Beginners Forum
N
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
N
Thank you for that and sorry I didn't mention he chromatic harmonica in my first post - this is all very new for me. When I put "harmonica" into the filter string it gives me the first 7 of the tracks on your screen shot so it gives me a new way of searching for styles.

Thanks

Narayano

Beginners Forum
w Offline
Expert
Expert
Thank you for that and sorry I didn't mention he chromatic harmonica in my first post - this is all very new for me. When I put "harmonica" into the filter string it gives me the first 7 of the tracks on your screen shot so it gives me a new way of searching for styles.

Thanks

Narayano

You are welcome.

Curious, are those 7 styles+tracks working out OK for you to use for backing tracks when playing the chromatic harmonica ?

Incidentally, what Chromatic Harmonica do you have ?

I have the 64 Chromonica 4 chromatic octaves ( M HOHNER ) professional model and also 3 blues hohner harps .

Quote:
- this is all very new for me

Please do not hesitate to ask for help/guidance .

Last edited by w; 03/06/18 10:12 AM.

Beginners Forum
N
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
N
I haven't had a chance to try them yet but I shall do soo soon and I'm looking forward to it.

I've been learning the harmonica for 17 months and I really love the chromatic. So much in fact that I've now got quite a collection. In the Hohner range I've got the 260, 270, 280, Cx12 and a Meisterklasse 7565. I've got several Suzuki SCX-48's in different keys as well as a Sirius (which is my favourite harp at the moment). Also a Seydel Saxony orchestra tuned and three Easttops - T12-48, T12-48K, and a T16-64 with a brass comb. I'm a member of the Slidemeister chromatic harmonica forum and there are quite a few posts there about HAS (harmonica acquisition syndrome) which I seem to have quite badly along with a bunch of people on that forum. Your Chromonica is the same model as my 280 and it really is a fine harp.

And thank you for your offer of help with BIAB when I get stuck - I have no doubt that will happen

Cheers

Narayano

Beginners Forum
w Offline
Expert
Expert
Narayano,

Fantastic collection of harps.

At the purchase price of harps here in Canada ( they are very very expensive ) you have a huge financial investment .

When you have a chance to prepare some backing tracks in Band perhaps you could share them ?

Best regards and happy harping with the Band.

Beginners Forum
N
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
N
Hi W

It is quite an investment but when I add them all up they are still a lot cheaper than my second hand Honda (people with HAS are always justifying the why they spend so much on harmonicas :)and they give me such a lot of pleasure and I find for myself I need to own a harp a play it for quite a while before I know how I really feel about it. Most of them I love and give a play to with the exception of a couple that stay in the drawer.

As soon as I've come up with a few backing tracks I shall certainly share them. In the meantime there is another member of Slidemeister called Lesley Robinson (who also lives in Canada) who bought BIAB a few weeks before me and she has put a lot of backing tracks on YouTube. Worth a look.

Best wishes

Narayano

Last edited by Narayano; 03/08/18 06:25 AM.
Beginners Forum
w Offline
Expert
Expert
Hi Narayano,

Thanks.

Thanks to you after reading some postings at the Slidemeister forums i decided to join Slidemeister in hopes of learning how to correctly play the HARPS i do have now. Already i have picked up some tips on care and maintenance plus some tips on playing.

Best regards

w/Mister Magoo -
Perils of Magoo - Classic Cartoons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTDlGTUTj2Q

Beginners Forum
N
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
N
Hi W

That's really great. I joined them about a year ago and the assistance that I've had has been invaluable and it is such a friendly and helpful forum with lots of very experienced players. A J Fedor who set it up has been playing for more than 60 years and he's a really great moderator. I'm sure I'll see your posts the - what is your username? Mine is krishnablue.

Cheers

Narayano

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,465
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195